Author Topic: Lame corporate shoe company has lame corporate skate video premier  (Read 22901 times)

Sold Out

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
Re: Lame corporate shoe company has lame corporate skate video premier
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 02:56:27 PM »
Wow adidas! You are SO PROFESSIONAL! You should feel proud! I went to your premier on Saturday in San Francisco, and wow, you are total piles of shit who have no respect for skateboard culture. Let's get into it a bit, shall we?
1) In both LA and SF you made SKATEBOARDERS going to a SKATEBOARD video premier check their skateboards at the door of the theatre. That's right:
SKATEBOARDS ARE NOT WELCOME AT ADIDAS SKATEBOARD VIDEO VIEWINGS.
What the fuck is that shit? Its the type of shit that happens when non-skateboarders set up a skateboarding event.
Don't try to blame the venue, because you could have ASKED IF SKATEBOARDS WERE ALLOWED if they made the rule, but when talking to a Castro theatre worker, he said he was pissed he had to enforce such a stupid rule. I've skated to the Castro many times, and until ADIDAS had a SKATE VIDEO SHOWING, there was never a problem. Along with that, those checking in boards said "take a picture of your board just to be sure." Cool, you confiscate our skateboards at a skateboard video showing, and then won't even ensure they will be treated properly.
Again, don't blame the venue, you fucking booked it in both SF and LA and could have figured that out, if you actually were run by people who cared about skateboarders aside from the money they have to spend.

2) This ticket BULLSHIT. So in LA and SF you had both tickets required and a guest list for people who skated for shops. How did that work out?
Well, in LA, people who had tickets and were on the guest list were denied entry. Why? Because FUCK skateboarders.� I had a friend on a shop's guest list (I won't mention the VERY LARGE southern California skate shop, not chain, my friend was on the list with as to not drag them into this), he got there early, lined up, was on the list and was denied entry. We know Nike had no problem throwing shops under the bus once they got big enough, it appears as if Adida$ is all about it too. But y'all wanted that, let's be real.

Then in SF, you had the opposite- you gave out more tickets than the theatre had seats again- which is total bullshit and disrespects your customers with a false ticket, but this time, the theater didn't fill up. I wanted to grab something from my car and wanted to walk out of the unfull theatre real quick, knowing at this point that they weren't even asking for tickets. I go to the front door and I am told if I leave, I may not come back. What the fuck was that? Was this a high school dance or a skate premier? I literally told the guy the theater wasn't full, and you didn't need tickets to enter. He said he was going to remember me if I left and intentionally not let me back in. Cool, so now I'm some sort of criminal? FUCK YOU.
The tickets had ZERO correlation with admittance. In LA, a ticket wouldn't get you in, and in SF, you didn't even need one. Just some sleazy marketing trick that intentionally disrespects anybody who thinks the ticket they just got means anything.

3) Marc Johnson. Not much else needs to be said that hasn't already. No respect there.

Here's my main point- Adidas may market itself as being down with skateboarding and all about the scene, but when it comes down to actually doing business with and interacting with skateboarders, they don't have any respect for us. They don't care how our culture works, they don't care how our scene works. They disrespect shops, shop riders, and people who actually *gasp* ride their skateboards to a skateboard video premier.

Let's be real, you can like Adidas shoes if you want, just acknowledge, they ain't skateboarders, they don't care about skateboarders or skateboarding aside from the money they can take from us.�
If this event was a sign of things to come in the skateboarding scene, then things are looking very depressing moving forward.

Don't buy their shit, especially this video. You can EASILY pirate it from online, and most people I know already have done so. Just ask around. Those fucks don't respect you, why on earth would you give them your dollars? Why on earth would you respect their right to treat you like shit and take your money?
Fuck that.
Fuck adidas and their corporate bullshit. No matter how much marketing you do, no matter how many experts you hire, you'll never be skateboarders and you'll never understand skateboarding. Go the fuck away.

Gipp, just wondering what kind of shoes you wear/ support? (Im not attacking, I'm just genuinely curious)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:20:09 PM by Sold Out »

theblandest

• Rep: 12
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 03:00:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ Nope. skated there. Not that you would know, but hey, that proves my point is pretty solid if corpo whores have to make up facts about me in order to defend their masters.
Expand Quote
Quit bitchin
The 1947 premier in philly did the same thing (board check)
They wouldn't even let me (already had checked in my board) in because I drank a beer in line... It's the venues not the company
[close]
So why is it that on EVERY OTHER NIGHT that venue allows skateboards?

Expand Quote
I went to the LA premier and had a great time enjoying drinks with a ton of friends, and on Adidas dime might I add. To add to that, a lot of the great people I got to see and hang out with were flown in by Adidas.

Sorry to hear you had a shit time Ronnie, I'll admit I've been to big premiers on many an occasion and thought it was a shit show and barely worth it, but hey, it's a brand spending a ton of money so you can see something for free.

*this post was not paid for by adidas, said poster posted of his own free will.
[close]
That's because they know you as an industry guy with some sway. If you worked for or owned a shop, you'd be treated like shit, like my friends were down there.
Let's be real, you know DAMNED WELL they weren't giving out free drinks to everybody, just adidas determined "vips" (even though they gave out more VIP wristbands than they had VIP seats- real classy....

And wow, adidas spends a ton of money to try to dominate skateboarding more and attempting to reinvent how our cultural events occur to fit their own corporate model..I'm SO shocked they would do that.

You may not have been paid by adidas for this, but I'm guessing there are interests that make you feel like talking nice about them is a good idea. If that's not true, say something bad about adidas, if you need my help figuring out something they have clearly fucked up on, let me know. If you refuse, I'll assume its because you have some incentive to side with corporations instead of skateboarders, which would be really really disappointing.
[close]

Wow.

Look, was getting into the Away Days premier in LA a shit show? You damn well bet it was! Did they fuck up and not make sure that shops that carry their product got in? Yup again.

But really man, It's fucking LA, these things are always a shit show. Grown ass men should know this and take a little responsibility them self. I got to the premier early, why? Because I wanted to get in and see the video/hang with friends and I've been left out of a few premiers in the past, ticket in hand.

Do I say fuck you Transworld? You're not good for skating and you don't care about it? By your standards TWS is the same as Adidas because not everyone with tickets gets in?

Find some balance.

[close]

thank you. someone gets it
my 2cents..
i went to the adidas premiere in LA and the lines were ridiculous but there was two showings of the vid so people had chances, but knowing the LA skate scene and the surrounding cities I'm sure adidas had no idea it would get out of hand like that. its hard to gauge it but i knew it would be like that so i went in knowing the situation and what i had to do to get in.  the venue was part of the problem there was a vip line and regular line and there was iPad check in areas in the front.  I walked straight to the iPad check in for VIP and got in within 10 mins of parking my car and walking a block to the theatre. if they had clear signs it would be smoother but what do you expect.  The people that didn't get in either weren't paying attention or weren't adamant on getting in. If you really wanted to see it you would've  got in. Ive been to a lot of premieres majority of them is chaotic like this corporate or non corporate.

this is just me but I don't get why you would ride you board to a skate video premiere? I get it being a transportation thing but at the same time if you got a invite to a major movie theater release like a marvel movie or something would you ride your skateboard to it? The venues are treating it the same way so think from their perspective.

I don't know if you been to events outside of skateboarding or events in general but you gotta be aggressive for the free shit unfortunately.  Have you ever been to a club when its free vodka before 11? you get inside and its gone by 10:30 yeah because its free everyone is going in on it. I know its vip and all but that shit don't really apply at certain times.  This being one of them. I had no problem getting drinks and i had several.  I get your argument but at the same time it seemed like you want things served to you on a platter gip. You just gotta go hard and try and take advantage of the corps like they do us.  I had a good time and met some pros and seen a lot of my homies that i don't get to see.  I guess what I'm trying to say is it is what you make it.

Not just you.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Video premiers in general suck ass.
[close]
They don't have to, the status quo is pretty lame!

Outdoor venue
Nighttime
Big screen projector
Free

It's not some exclusive event it's a skate video, get everyone stoked

i agree and disagree.  imagine if you put out a good part and you want to bring your parents and family out to watch it.  Im sure they don't understand how big skateboarding is so a premiere would definitely put in perspective how big it is. sometimes they could be fun.  I get to see my friends that i don't get to see too often some are on the road, some have families etc.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2016, 03:34:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Video premiers in general suck ass.
[close]

bullshit

some of the most fun I've had in the past few weeks were the polar, gx, and away days premieres. anyone who doesn't have fun at something like that is bitter as hell and nitpicking for things to whine about. YOU'RE WATCHING SKATEBOARDING AND EVERYONE IS STOKED what is the matter?

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2016, 03:49:34 PM »
Was Marc Johnson drunk?
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -379
  • ants suck!
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2016, 04:06:23 PM »
^ Nope. skated there. Not that you would know, but hey, that proves my point is pretty solid if corpo whores have to make up facts about me in order to defend their masters.
Expand Quote
Quit bitchin
The 1947 premier in philly did the same thing (board check)
They wouldn't even let me (already had checked in my board) in because I drank a beer in line... It's the venues not the company
[close]
So why is it that on EVERY OTHER NIGHT that venue allows skateboards?

Expand Quote
I went to the LA premier and had a great time enjoying drinks with a ton of friends, and on Adidas dime might I add. To add to that, a lot of the great people I got to see and hang out with were flown in by Adidas.

Sorry to hear you had a shit time Ronnie, I'll admit I've been to big premiers on many an occasion and thought it was a shit show and barely worth it, but hey, it's a brand spending a ton of money so you can see something for free.

*this post was not paid for by adidas, said poster posted of his own free will.
[close]
That's because they know you as an industry guy with some sway. If you worked for or owned a shop, you'd be treated like shit, like my friends were down there.
Let's be real, you know DAMNED WELL they weren't giving out free drinks to everybody, just adidas determined "vips" (even though they gave out more VIP wristbands than they had VIP seats- real classy....

And wow, adidas spends a ton of money to try to dominate skateboarding more and attempting to reinvent how our cultural events occur to fit their own corporate model..I'm SO shocked they would do that.

You may not have been paid by adidas for this, but I'm guessing there are interests that make you feel like talking nice about them is a good idea. If that's not true, say something bad about adidas, if you need my help figuring out something they have clearly fucked up on, let me know. If you refuse, I'll assume its because you have some incentive to side with corporations instead of skateboarders, which would be really really disappointing.
wow what a bitch, skaters are known to cause trouble you know there might be an asshole or two tryng to skate inside the venue after the fucking showing, and if you're so against corpo why did you fucking go in the first place ?
fuck off already pussy
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2016, 04:09:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Wow adidas! You are SO PROFESSIONAL! You should feel proud! I went to your premier on Saturday in San Francisco, and wow, you are total piles of shit who have no respect for skateboard culture. Let's get into it a bit, shall we?
1) In both LA and SF you made SKATEBOARDERS going to a SKATEBOARD video premier check their skateboards at the door of the theatre. That's right:
SKATEBOARDS ARE NOT WELCOME AT ADIDAS SKATEBOARD VIDEO VIEWINGS.
What the fuck is that shit? Its the type of shit that happens when non-skateboarders set up a skateboarding event.
Don't try to blame the venue, because you could have ASKED IF SKATEBOARDS WERE ALLOWED if they made the rule, but when talking to a Castro theatre worker, he said he was pissed he had to enforce such a stupid rule. I've skated to the Castro many times, and until ADIDAS had a SKATE VIDEO SHOWING, there was never a problem. Along with that, those checking in boards said "take a picture of your board just to be sure." Cool, you confiscate our skateboards at a skateboard video showing, and then won't even ensure they will be treated properly.
Again, don't blame the venue, you fucking booked it in both SF and LA and could have figured that out, if you actually were run by people who cared about skateboarders aside from the money they have to spend.

2) This ticket BULLSHIT. So in LA and SF you had both tickets required and a guest list for people who skated for shops. How did that work out?
Well, in LA, people who had tickets and were on the guest list were denied entry. Why? Because FUCK skateboarders.� I had a friend on a shop's guest list (I won't mention the VERY LARGE southern California skate shop, not chain, my friend was on the list with as to not drag them into this), he got there early, lined up, was on the list and was denied entry. We know Nike had no problem throwing shops under the bus once they got big enough, it appears as if Adida$ is all about it too. But y'all wanted that, let's be real.

Then in SF, you had the opposite- you gave out more tickets than the theatre had seats again- which is total bullshit and disrespects your customers with a false ticket, but this time, the theater didn't fill up. I wanted to grab something from my car and wanted to walk out of the unfull theatre real quick, knowing at this point that they weren't even asking for tickets. I go to the front door and I am told if I leave, I may not come back. What the fuck was that? Was this a high school dance or a skate premier? I literally told the guy the theater wasn't full, and you didn't need tickets to enter. He said he was going to remember me if I left and intentionally not let me back in. Cool, so now I'm some sort of criminal? FUCK YOU.
The tickets had ZERO correlation with admittance. In LA, a ticket wouldn't get you in, and in SF, you didn't even need one. Just some sleazy marketing trick that intentionally disrespects anybody who thinks the ticket they just got means anything.

3) Marc Johnson. Not much else needs to be said that hasn't already. No respect there.

Here's my main point- Adidas may market itself as being down with skateboarding and all about the scene, but when it comes down to actually doing business with and interacting with skateboarders, they don't have any respect for us. They don't care how our culture works, they don't care how our scene works. They disrespect shops, shop riders, and people who actually *gasp* ride their skateboards to a skateboard video premier.

Let's be real, you can like Adidas shoes if you want, just acknowledge, they ain't skateboarders, they don't care about skateboarders or skateboarding aside from the money they can take from us.�
If this event was a sign of things to come in the skateboarding scene, then things are looking very depressing moving forward.

Don't buy their shit, especially this video. You can EASILY pirate it from online, and most people I know already have done so. Just ask around. Those fucks don't respect you, why on earth would you give them your dollars? Why on earth would you respect their right to treat you like shit and take your money?
Fuck that.
Fuck adidas and their corporate bullshit. No matter how much marketing you do, no matter how many experts you hire, you'll never be skateboarders and you'll never understand skateboarding. Go the fuck away.
[close]

Gipp, just wondering what kind of shoes you wear/ support? (Im not attacking, I'm just genuinely curious)
Probably a cool skater own and ran company controlled by chill dudes like Dekline.........

bo bice

• Rep: 92
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »
yeah, at the nyc premiere I had to wait for literally 2 and a half hours to get in. maybe don't have that shit in time square huh??
    they did a coatcheck ticket thing for skateboards that was actually pretty efficient.  after the premiere there were like a dozen cops waiting outside the exit telling everyone not to skate but walk with their boards.   I think a couple kids got arrested, I dipped out as soon as the credits rolled.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2016, 04:13:08 PM »
wow what a bitch, skaters are known to cause trouble....
Yeah, I'm the bitch...
I've been going with Vans skate hi's. Vans are far from perfect, but do it right, have done it all along, and I don't see them continuing to exist without having a skateboard program a many more people skate in them than sail in them. I'd like to get some emericas, and used to always skate them, but I can't find a shop around me that has any hi top Emericas, and my doctor says if I want to keep skating I need to go hi top from now on, so that's pretty much the best I can get.

As far as "why would you bring your skateboard to a video premiere?"
Are you guys fucking joking?
It was on Saturday night in the Castro district of SF, that means:
1) You'd be a complete fucking idiot to try to drive and park in that neighborhood, one of the biggest party areas of the city, on a saturday night. SF isn't the sprawl of LA or suburbia where people drive everywhere.
2) Most skateboarders spend saturday doing this thing called.....skateboarding. You really think that somebody who spent all day skating around the city should go home, drop their skateboard off, and get in a car to return through the awful city traffic to a neighborhood with sparce parking? sure. That sounds way more fun than bombing hills and weaving past slow moving traffic on your way to see people skate.
3) If you can riding a skateboard is a reasonable form of transportation, why the fuck wouldn't you ride your skateboard? I thought this message board was made up of obsessed skateboarders, what is that shit?
4) The audience was almost entirely made up of skateboard riding skateboarders.

And SFA, I didn't say anything about transworld. My point was a shitty corporate shoe company had a premier that was filled with elements that were antagonistic to skateboarders. I also would say if transworld had a premiere that didn't go well, that would be one thing, though I doubt all of the things I described happened, but for some reason I remember there was some sort of other news recently about Adidas pulling some shitty moves. I think one of those EMB guys had an interview about it and he wasn't very happy. The details escape me. People didn't really talk about it much, just a 30+ page thread that crashes slap about once a day. I'll pull back on one thing though- you are a smart and cool guy, and I think your opinion is honest...we just disagree COMPLETELY on this one.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -379
  • ants suck!
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2016, 04:17:25 PM »
Expand Quote
wow what a bitch, skaters are known to cause trouble....
[close]
Yeah, I'm the bitch...
Expand Quote
[close]
I've been going with Vans skate hi's. Vans are far from perfect, but do it right, have done it all along, and I don't see them continuing to exist without having a skateboard program a many more people skate in them than sail in them. I'd like to get some emericas, and used to always skate them, but I can't find a shop around me that has any hi top Emericas, and my doctor says if I want to keep skating I need to go hi top from now on, so that's pretty much the best I can get.

As far as "why would you bring your skateboard to a video premiere?"
Are you guys fucking joking?
It was on Saturday night in the Castro district of SF, that means:
1) You'd be a complete fucking idiot to try to drive and park in that neighborhood, one of the biggest party areas of the city, on a saturday night. SF isn't the sprawl of LA or suburbia where people drive everywhere.
2) Most skateboarders spend saturday doing this thing called.....skateboarding. You really think that somebody who spent all day skating around the city should go home, drop their skateboard off, and get in a car to return through the awful city traffic to a neighborhood with sparce parking? sure. That sounds way more fun than bombing hills and weaving past slow moving traffic on your way to see people skate.
3) If you can riding a skateboard is a reasonable form of transportation, why the fuck wouldn't you ride your skateboard? I thought this message board was made up of obsessed skateboarders, what is that shit?
4) The audience was almost entirely made up of skateboard riding skateboarders.

And SFA, I didn't say anything about transworld. My point was a shitty corporate shoe company had a premier that was filled with elements that were antagonistic to skateboarders. I also would say if transworld had a premiere that didn't go well, that would be one thing, though I doubt all of the things I described happened, but for some reason I remember there was some sort of other news recently about Adidas pulling some shitty moves. I think one of those EMB guys had an interview about it and he wasn't very happy. The details escape me. People didn't really talk about it much, just a 30+ page thread that crashes slap about once a day. I'll pull back on one thing though- you are a smart and cool guy, and I think your opinion is honest...we just disagree COMPLETELY on this one.
quote the whole thing motherfucker, IF YOU'RE SO AGAINST CORPO WHY DID YOU FUCKING GO IN THE FIRST PLACE TO SHOW SUPPORT  PENDEJO?
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
damn you guys would love the fancy lad premiers. No lines, no tickets, free beer (donations are nice and tip your bar tender), byo booze, and if you want to blaze do it outside. All love, skateboards don't need to be checked.

they probably had about the same amount of people present as the adidas video too.

As far as "corpo" shoe companies go- there were 30 packs in line and a lot of oil pens inside at the vans video. Boards allowed inside no problem.

Maybe it's different in different cities but checking boards at a skate video premiere is fucking dumb.

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »
quote the whole thing motherfucker, IF YOU'RE SO AGAINST CORPO WHY DID YOU FUCKING GO IN THE FIRST PLACE TO SHOW SUPPORT  PENDEJO?
You don't know? Becwause good skateboarders had parts in it and I'd rather watch a video for free then give adidas my skateboarding dollars and buy it. You're just trolling right? I didn't answer that part because it was pretty obvious why a person who doesn't want to pay to see a video would go to a free showing of it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2016, 04:28:34 PM »
i think calling it "antagonistic towards skateboarders" is a bit of a stretch. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2016, 04:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You don't know? Becwause good skateboarders had parts in it and I'd rather watch a video for free then give adidas my skateboarding dollars and buy it. You're just trolling right? I didn't answer that part because it was pretty obvious why a person who doesn't want to pay to see a video would go to a free showing of it.

I just wanna know why you're so convinced that adidas made the decision to not let skateboarders bring skateboards inside as a way to upset skateboarders. That shit is funny as fuck when you think about it

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »
Not stoked about having to check boards in, drove to event.  ;D Finding shit to bitch about for the sake of bitching.

I wanted to grab something from my car and wanted to walk out of the unfull theatre real quick, knowing at this point that they weren't even asking for tickets.

So you skated from where you parked to the theater?

you never know about pre-cum 

Johnny Rad

• Rep: 13
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2016, 04:43:57 PM »

The last shoe company premier I went to...I Don't remember what the VIP ticket perks were, but I hope it was a gift basket that contained pants that clipped to my shoes.
I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2016, 04:52:43 PM »
lol people are completely delusional haha its mind boggling

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you're full of fucking shit. there have been FREE leaked copies of the video all over the internet and slap for 2 weeks now.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
you're full of fucking shit. there have been FREE leaked copies of the video all over the internet and slap for 2 weeks now.

hahahahaha!

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2016, 05:01:51 PM »
Vans video is punishing away days
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Grind King Rims

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2016, 05:17:18 PM »
About half way through, I started thinking I was ready for the video to be over and then it went on for like another three hours.

Damn, I gotta get a copy of the Director's cut.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2016, 06:08:49 PM »

I wanted to grab something from my car and wanted to walk out of the unfull theatre real quick, knowing at this point that they weren't even asking for tickets.

So you skated from where you parked to the theater?

Facebones

• Rep: 0
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
I went to the we are blood premiere at the castro theater in sf. that movie was corporate as fuck and they let skateboards in..

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2016, 06:25:42 PM »
 Gipper's just trying to score some free Chili's from Adidas.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2016, 06:39:21 PM »
Can you imagine how insufferable Gipper was in the 00s when he read No Logo

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1937
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2016, 06:42:31 PM »
I went to the NY premier with my soccer ball and my field hockey stick and they let me in no problem...

swag nollies

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2016, 07:21:24 PM »
I dont know why regular joes go to premiers, unless they got free drinks there sheeeyit.

I usually dont clap and scream when I watch skate videos, so it feels kinda weird. Good place to show of your fit I guess.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »
Not a fan of Adidas, so even if Vans had done a premiere near me (not sure where they did them), I still wouldn't have gone. I got the DVD free with some shoes and if I didn't, I would have either paid for it or pirated it to watch in the comfort of my own home. To me premieres are just a waste of time, just like going to the movies this day in age. Anything shitty that happens in the process of going to one you basically asked for it.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2016, 07:42:29 PM »
 Skate rats definitely showing up with their boards and me too, nothing wrong with that and doesnt make me any more likely to misbehave than some bro at a kelly clarkson concert with just his fists and a head full a liquor.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also, Addidas fucked over everyone in the video by making it so goddamn long and packed with riders, that nobody really got to stand out. About half way through, I started thinking I was ready for the video to be over and then it went on for like another three hours.
[close]
I don't think the problem was length to be honest, most recent Crailtap videos have been as long or longer (Yeah Right, Fully Flared and Pretty Sweet). I'd say the problems was cohesion and trying to fit in too many riders and parts. With a team that large a better strategy might have been the Nike approach, which is break the team into 3 seperate videos of about 45 to 50 minutes in length. Between the Gonz narration, and amount of riders the video felt overloaded. Granted, I disagree on your standing out point, Silas and Busenitz 100% did for me.
[close]

yea busenitz for sure did stick out... what with the ABDs and the shittiest trick done at Pulaski wall in recent memory, and that circus trick of an ender. i love busenitz but this part was beat
PREACH, there were some good parts in Away Days but someone needs to be fired ASAP for green lighting that half-assed Busenitz part. Until a director's cut pops up, I'll have this one on steady repeat.

Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.