Author Topic: How do Sucius fit?  (Read 2342 times)

Jud Nestorkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
How do Sucius fit?
« on: May 23, 2016, 06:37:11 PM »
I've liked the Sucius ever since they came out but they are hard to find on sale. However that white gum color is just too fire. I know I'll kick myself if I don't pull the trigger. So How do they fit? I've heard they are slightly long but are they super narrow or would TTS be okay?

Also this is going to be my first pair of Adidas so can anyone tell me about the new fit of the insoles on the Sucius that I've been hearing about? What was wrong with them before?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
Re: How do Sucius fit?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 06:59:23 PM »

micky682

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »
Nah this thread is validated. Some ppl say TTS while others say 1/2 size down, which is confusing me.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:14:13 PM »
Nah this thread is validated. Some ppl say TTS while others say 1/2 size down, which is confusing me.
Exactly! I've heard that these are TTS perfect, I've heard maybe 1/2 size down. I've  also heard the toe is really long and wide.

I'm usually a 9 but sometimes need 9.5 in a narrow shoe like my Eras.

I just bit the bullet and ordered 9s since I'd rather them be a HAIR snug than too long.

Dima

• Rep: -6
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 05:39:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Exactly! I've heard that these are TTS perfect, I've heard maybe 1/2 size down. I've  also heard the toe is really long and wide.

I just bit the bullet and ordered 9s since I'd rather them be a HAIR snug than too long.

Did the right thing if you like your shoes snug, the toe is super roomy but other than that it fits like a glove.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 11:51:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah I've never understood the half size down thing, I tried a pair of 10.5 when I'm usually an 11 and I felt like i couldn't even get my foot all the way in the shoe. TTS is a good choice and no matter what they're pretty snug in the toes but breaking them in loosens it up a bit.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 01:28:00 PM »
I'm a 10 in everything but adidas, where I have to go 10.5 which doesn't make any goddamn sense if people usually say go half a size down.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 10:50:30 PM »
I'm a 10 in everything but adidas, where I have to go 10.5 which doesn't make any goddamn sense if people usually say go half a size down.

That is weird because the last post in this thread (http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=87613.msg2399663#msg2399663)  says

"I wear the busenitz pro in 11.  In comparison, the Suciu runs big.

An 11 in the Suciu will feel like a 11.5."

Anyway Thank you guys. I'm sort of afraid since I have a slightly wider than average foot but my foot is also pretty short. If the toe get wider/floppier when it breaks in then I'm glad I got the 9s. Plus it means I can lace them a little looser  :P (When you pull the laces tight they make any shoe look like garbage.)

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »
Let me know how the 1/2 size down works for you.  I have a pair in my true size and they're a little bit roomy in the toe.  My biggest concern in going a half size down is that all the great support from the adiprene would somehow be cramped/compromised.

zippy z

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 06:59:36 PM »
I wear 10.5 in all adidas. Skating and running shoes are consistent. In converse I wear a 9.5 and that's a bit on the small side but a 10 would be too big.

Compared to the Booze Vulc the Suciu and Booze ADV have a high arch. The toe is roomy in a good way.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 11:02:14 AM »
MJ could probably help you out with suciu sizing.
good come sausage

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 11:50:01 AM »
im a 10 & skated in a pair of 10.5s. have another pair in 10 that i had trouble skating in so I don't anymore. the insoles are sick, all gel it's like those blue gel pads that used to come under the insoles of shoes. the toe is a little wider than the busenitz, which i like better
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 12:33:30 PM »
So Just got them today. One shoe felt pretty snug and was hard to get on I was thinking that I made the wrong choice but after a minute or two it felt okay-ish I tried on the other shoe and it was so damn snug I could hardly get my got in it after just 30-45 seconds of wearing it, it made my foot all red and felt like it was in a vice grip. Needless to say I'm returning them and ordering a new size. I'm now thinking though that maybe even the 9.5s might be too small. The shoe that fit okay-ish was still plenty snug but it still felt pretty good (good as in the shoe feel a lot slimmer than it looks without actually hurting my foot really)  but the other shoe was the tightest fitting size 9 I've ever worn. HOWEVER, I'm afraid the a 10 might be too big and get way too loose/floppy after a couple weeks.

Any help?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 02:31:19 PM »
I ended up ordering 9.5s. I am sort of afraid they will still be too snug but The more I read about the toe stretching when it breaks in makes me feel that 10 would look and feel like clown shoes.

I'll tell you my impression when they come.

zippy z

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »
They could just be too narrow for your foot. Imho you should be looking to have 1/2" between your big toe and the front of the toe box when your heel is snug to the back of the shoe. If the width is too tight with the 1/2" you need to keep looking. Maybe look at the booze Vulc if you're set on adidas because it is a little wider in the mid foot and doesn't have an arch the way the Suciu and ADV shoes do. Yes, it's not as cushioned as the Suciu and wears out faster, but you can swap the insoles and a proper fitting shoe is worth whatever it costs.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 04:04:04 PM »
They could just be too narrow for your foot. Imho you should be looking to have 1/2" between your big toe and the front of the toe box when your heel is snug to the back of the shoe. If the width is too tight with the 1/2" you need to keep looking. Maybe look at the booze Vulc if you're set on adidas because it is a little wider in the mid foot and doesn't have an arch the way the Suciu and ADV shoes do. Yes, it's not as cushioned as the Suciu and wears out faster, but you can swap the insoles and a proper fitting shoe is worth whatever it costs.
Not even close lol. The 9 1/2's fit slightly snug when I first put them on but it was a world a difference.

I tried them on with no insole for the hell of it and they felt like fucking boats!  Then I tried them with my lunarlon insoles from my CTAS's and when I walked around the heel slipped up and down. Then I put back in the Adidas insole and they felt like heaven even if ONLY SLIGHLY snug. I have a feeling that once these break in they will be my new favorite shoe. Love the shape, the comfort, and the fact that feel a lot slimmer/less bulky than they actually are.

So unless you are 100% sure you're going to use non stock insoles DO NOT listen to anyone who says 1/2 down on these babies. And if you're like me and are between sizes depending on the shoe, get these in the bigger of the two sizes for sure.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not even close lol. The 9 1/2's fit slightly snug when I first put them on but it was a world a difference.

I tried them on with no insole for the hell of it and they felt like fucking boats!  Then I tried them with my lunarlon insoles from my CTAS's and when I walked around the heel slipped up and down. Then I put back in the Adidas insole and they felt like heaven even if ONLY SLIGHLY snug. I have a feeling that once these break in they will be my new favorite shoe. Love the shape, the comfort, and the fact that feel a lot slimmer/less bulky than they actually are.

So unless you are 100% sure you're going to use non stock insoles DO NOT listen to anyone who says 1/2 down on these babies. And if you're like me and are between sizes depending on the shoe, get these in the bigger of the two sizes for sure.

I take back part of what I said. I was wearing a super thin pair of Adidas cooling socks but I took a shower and put onon some regular hanes socks and the shoes was again super snug and hard to wear. Felt like the area just above my pinky toe was getting smashed. I put in the Lunarlon insoles and they fit like a dream.

Do you think they shoe just needs to break in or that I just won't be able to use the adiprene insole?

zippy z

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 06:36:46 PM »
For the record I never said to size up or down just to try a pair with 1/2" between your toe and the end of the shoe.

I've been wearing my new pairs around casually for a few weeks before skating in them and that makes a difference for me. Probably a total of a handful of days at the office and a couple hours every few days at the bar after skating. So, yeah, they need to stretch out and wear down a bit before they fit properly for skating.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »
For the record I never said to size up or down just to try a pair with 1/2" between your toe and the end of the shoe.

I've been wearing my new pairs around casually for a few weeks before skating in them and that makes a difference for me. Probably a total of a handful of days at the office and a couple hours every few days at the bar after skating. So, yeah, they need to stretch out and wear down a bit before they fit properly for skating.

LOL I didn't mean to imply that you did sorry. I just asked because I know you actually have a pair so you'd be able to give good advice.

I just skated some flat in front of my house for about 5 minutes and I was happy to get them off lol. So I'll take your advice and wear them around for while before I skate them. My job (CNA) requires white shoes anyway so I'l justl wear them at work for a week or two.

However they feel amazing for kickflips. Perfect balance between a flat, pointy toe and a round bowing ball looking toe.

zippy z

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 09:29:28 PM »
Honestly they do hurt my feet while I'm warming up. Maybe that's part of sitting on my ass all day then trying to skate.