Author Topic: Never seen anything like this  (Read 24881 times)

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
Re: Never seen anything like this
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2016, 03:00:20 PM »
http://skateparkoftampa.com/skater/5793/Leandre_Sanders

Looked up this older video, looks more like he's goofy.

Fool is straight up playing that look.

I'll admit where I'm wrong though. He is regular.

EDIT:

But then I see a video like this one: Switch backsmith has me fucked up

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:02:46 PM by MintySandwhich »

Roro1

• Rep: -38
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »
this thread is like the skateboarding version of the black-blue or white-gold dress story
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress_(viral_phenomenon)

shit_for_brains

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This clip tells me he's goofy but dude is wild

[close]

I think this clip proves he's regular. At least I'd say it puts no doubt in my own mind that he's regular.

The first kickflip over the hip doesn't look switch at all. That fakie/nollie flip into the bank/roll in after the bs/s 360 looks fakie for sure. In fact it looks pretty much exactly how Reynolds does his fakie flips.

Also that frontiside ollie followed by the lipslide was the switchest looking frontside ollie EVER! The lipslide looks super switch too.

And to everyone who says he HAS to be goofy because no one can do airs that good switch, are you telling me that if someone is regular but can do frontside bigspins, or hardflips in the goofy stance almost every try but takes them 100 tries to land either one regular footed that when he does a frontside bigspin or hardflip in the goofy stance that's actually a regular one and not switch because he's better at that trick in that stance?

[close]

You lost me.
[close]
Basically if some if someone is better at a certain trick(s) switch than regular does his stance change for those switch tricks only just because the actual non switch ones are harder? Of course it fucking doesn't.

I'm saying that just because he might skate tranny better goofy than regular doesn't magically mean he is goofy

Ah okay I agree.

I think anyone who is saying anyone is "regular because he's obviously ___" is regular. He's not obviously anything, that's the whole point. He's a unicorn.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This clip tells me he's goofy but dude is wild

[close]

I think this clip proves he's regular. At least I'd say it puts no doubt in my own mind that he's regular.

The first kickflip over the hip doesn't look switch at all. That fakie/nollie flip into the bank/roll in after the bs/s 360 looks fakie for sure. In fact it looks pretty much exactly how Reynolds does his fakie flips.

Also that frontiside ollie followed by the lipslide was the switchest looking frontside ollie EVER! The lipslide looks super switch too.

And to everyone who says he HAS to be goofy because no one can do airs that good switch, are you telling me that if someone is regular but can do frontside bigspins, or hardflips in the goofy stance almost every try but takes them 100 tries to land either one regular footed that when he does a frontside bigspin or hardflip in the goofy stance that's actually a regular one and not switch because he's better at that trick in that stance?

[close]

You lost me.
[close]
Basically if some if someone is better at a certain trick(s) switch than regular does his stance change for those switch tricks only just because the actual non switch ones are harder? Of course it fucking doesn't.

I'm saying that just because he might skate tranny better goofy than regular doesn't magically mean he is goofy
[close]

Ah okay I agree.

I think anyone who is saying anyone is "regular because he's obviously ___" is regular. He's not obviously anything, that's the whole point. He's a unicorn.

Yep. I've never seen anyone blast airs one way who couldn't do them " regular " make no sense but obviously unicorns can do it. The shit isn't normal any way you slice it.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2016, 06:46:59 PM »
people saying he's lying about his stance or doing certain things to trick us.. come on
this is so refreshing though, hope to see more footage of him outside of venice soon.
i'm on team regular for street and goofy for tranny. it's way more common than people think, he's just exceptionally good at both

shit_for_brains

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »
NO. There is no being both. There is your regular stance, and there is switch stance. That's it. There's no such thing as an ambidextrous stance. You are goofy or you are regular. You are not goofy and regular. That completely diminishes how good he is. All of your "friends" that you "know" who "can do this too" are also amazing beautiful freaks, if they exist which I do not believe that they do.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2016, 01:01:16 PM »
Yeah I am backing the view that you're either regular or goofy, I know a dude who skates street regular but all transition he skates goofy, he's nowhere as good at skating tranny than he is at skating street though but he exists.
I don't like it, it's weird to me but whatever floats your boat I guess.

beat!

• Rep: -16
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz avatar image
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2016, 01:16:13 PM »
You're mentally ill if you think this dude is regular.

So he can boost back 3 nosegrabs.. switch?
He can frontside air like 5ft.. switch?
Even the gnarliest of tranny dudes can't do that.

People have styles where they look like they're skating switch. This is not a new thing.
Are you guys new to skateboarding?

ummm... i can only skate tranny switch. this isn't as weird as you think. I skate regular, but i can only skate tranny goofy. it's because i started skating mongo and my dominant foot is also my pop foot, so i have better balance goofy but i can only pop regular. popping switch still feels switch, but riding switch doesn't

basically what shitbag said applies to me, but im about as good at skating tranny as i am at skating street

beat!

• Rep: -16
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz avatar image
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »
i can also only do nose mannys crooks and noseslides switch since i have a really hard time leaning forward regular. slappies and wallrides are all switch too, although i can wallride regular too just not as good. no way in hell i can do any flip tricks switch tho, or pop onto ledges

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2016, 10:05:35 PM »

Gonna make a bold statement and rank this up amongst Guy Mariano, Trevor Colden, Shane O'Neill, Paul Rodriguez and Anthony Van Engelen as one of my favorite switch tre's ever put on record. Leandre Sanders set off a storm of controversy on our @metroskateboarding Instagram by skating with a mirror image style both switch and regular, word around his local Venice park is he prefers to skate street regular footed and transition goofy ...which makes absolutely no sense unless you happen to be one of those madmen blessed with an impaired sense of reason as so many of our best skateboarders are. Thanks for sharing this one with us Jono Aguilar @pearledvisions See more from Leandre and the rest of the Venice area locals here

I'm breaking one of his legs. You pick, want him goofy or regular for the rest of his life?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2016, 10:14:10 PM »
some kid rides the venice beach skatepark... its culturally depressing this has gone 4 pages

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2016, 01:40:24 AM »
idk which stance this guy is but he needs to push his ass to a new barber, what the fuck kinda frosted cheeto fade is this fool running? fucking so cal kids

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2016, 01:42:51 AM »
He's goofy, but it's just so funny/genius He lies and says he's regular fam and goes through the trouble of filming switch flip lips and switch bennihanas (and switch flip front crook) and purposely tries to make it look natural stance and doesn't caption it switch.� That's what highlights his natural stance tranny, which it seems he tries to make look switch (but doesn't overtly claim it's switch - because it's not).� Lots of other people can skate street switch like that and tranny natural foot like that, but it's his deception that is so unique and intriguing. On the other hand, the switch flips into tranny that he makes look nonswitch is something no one else can do, but I don't think he's to the point of being ambi. Some of you are buying his pushing shenanigans or sex change / half cabbery nonsense, and that's exactly what he's selling here.� Give me a regular footed back overcrook in tranny.

i read all the comments here and then started watching his vids. my initial reaction was to call everyone who claimed regular an idiot. then i saw his flip front crook on a skatepark rail and that changed my thinking. his stance is a mystery.

also, fuck yeah Kevin Davis was the #switchgod during the storm/manual labor days
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
This thread is the best thing I've seen on SLAP in a while

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2016, 06:36:54 PM »
this thread is like the skateboarding version of the black-blue or white-gold dress story

Logan Lewis

• Rep: -4
    • TENNSKATE avatar image
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2016, 11:10:32 AM »
Rodney claimed after healing himself and returning to skating (and specifically "training" switch) he achieved an enlightened state of "stance-less-ness". Id say this hipster subconsciously has kinda achieved the same thing.
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/uAekZWF00Sc5a" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/uAekZWF00Sc5a">via GIPHY</a></p>

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »
Rodney claimed after healing himself and returning to skating (and specifically "training" switch) he achieved an enlightened state of "stance-less-ness". Id say this hipster subconsciously has kinda achieved the same thing.

Rodney recently claimed a part, coming soon.. 4 minutes long. so I guess we will see.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2016, 07:51:35 PM »
He manages to look stanceless on flat, but I'd go with those who say that tranny is his tell. I think he's goofy with unreal switch skills.

As to Rodney, didn't he say his stancelessness was the result of his hip joint being completely stiffened up and then popped back in again at a slightly different angle? If that's true there might be stanceless genetic mutations out there who got that type of thing going from birth. So maybe I'm wrong and this guy is one of them.

Logan Lewis

• TENNSKATE avatar image
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2016, 08:14:09 PM »
He manages to look stanceless on flat, but I'd go with those who say that tranny is his tell. I think he's goofy with unreal switch skills.

As to Rodney, didn't he say his stancelessness was the result of his hip joint being completely stiffened up and then popped back in again at a slightly different angle? If that's true there might be stanceless genetic mutations out there who got that type of thing going from birth. So maybe I'm wrong and this guy is one of them.

Not necessarily! To my understanding, he claimed that after years of (intense OCD) skating prominently in his "regular" stance, one of his hip joints had calcified into painful and hindering cartilage (scar-tissue), and after painfully breaking (re-setting) he trained himself to skate switch. (11:25)
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/uAekZWF00Sc5a" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/uAekZWF00Sc5a">via GIPHY</a></p>

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2016, 01:25:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not necessarily! To my understanding, he claimed that after years of (intense OCD) skating prominently in his "regular" stance, one of his hip joints had calcified into painful and hindering cartilage (scar-tissue), and after painfully breaking (re-setting) he trained himself to skate switch. (11:25)

there's another video (cant seem to find it) where he talks about 'no stance' and how he is working to achieve that.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2016, 01:28:08 PM »
Am I the only one who can't stand listening to him at all?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2016, 02:00:40 PM »
Nope.

straight

Logan Lewis

• TENNSKATE avatar image
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2016, 02:21:46 PM »

theres no skater on earth who can articulate the way he can... yall are crazy!!!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2016, 02:28:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

theres no skater on earth who can articulate the way he can... yall are crazy!!!

What? How old are you? He sounds like a homeless guy everybody in town calls "The Professor"

Logan Lewis

• TENNSKATE avatar image
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2016, 02:38:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What? How old are you? He sounds like a homeless guy everybody in town calls "The Professor"

Ha 24? I dont really see how that relates as I imagine a younger person wouldn't have the attention span to sit through a tedxtalk let alone the ability to appreciate who Rodney is and what hes done for skateboarding. I know he has a strange rambling tangent riddled way of articulating, but its beautiful! I imagine him visualizing everything like russell crowe in beautiful mind. His voice is smooth and seems un-accented, and the emotions he is able to convey through his voice-inflections and mannerisms are un-paralleled in super-star skateboard story-tellers IMO. Only person I might compare him with is Matt Rodriguez, which I know is kinda the other side of the spectrum, but nonetheless an amazing story-teller and expressive artist.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2016, 02:58:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ha 24? I dont really see how that relates as I imagine a younger person wouldn't have the attention span to sit through a tedxtalk let alone the ability to appreciate who Rodney is and what hes done for skateboarding. I know he has a strange rambling tangent riddled way of articulating, but its beautiful! I imagine him visualizing everything like russell crowe in beautiful mind. His voice is smooth and seems un-accented, and the emotions he is able to convey through his voice-inflections and mannerisms are un-paralleled in super-star skateboard story-tellers IMO. Only person I might compare him with is Matt Rodriguez, which I know is kinda the other side of the spectrum, but nonetheless an amazing story-teller and expressive artist.

I guess it's relevant in that people in their 20s still think the world is amazing and things like that. 15 years ago I might've thought he was giving sage wisdom (I didn't, but you know what I mean) but now I see a lunatic I don't want to make eye contact with. He's not spinning wise riddles, he's babbling nonsense.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »

Logan Lewis

• TENNSKATE avatar image
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2016, 03:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess it's relevant in that people in their 20s still think the world is amazing and things like that. 15 years ago I might've thought he was giving sage wisdom (I didn't, but you know what I mean) but now I see a lunatic I don't want to make eye contact with. He's not spinning wise riddles, he's babbling nonsense.

bahaha youre under 40 so stfu and quit acting like hating life is cool