Author Topic: Post Your EA Skate Parts/Tricks  (Read 29627 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: Post Your EA Skate Parts/Tricks
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
I wish you could get off your fuckin' board in Skate 1. That game probably had the best spots out of all of them, although I've only played a few minutes of Skate 2 so IDK. I also wish there was a ton more challenge to these games, I want something as simple as a backside nosegrind back 180 on a picnic table to be a real battle. I don't have the patience to make a "video part" for one of these games, that would probably bring some of the excitement back but ehhh I can't really be arsed to do it.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2018, 08:48:24 AM »
I wish you could get off your fuckin' board in Skate 1. That game probably had the best spots out of all of them, although I've only played a few minutes of Skate 2 so IDK. I also wish there was a ton more challenge to these games, I want something as simple as a backside nosegrind back 180 on a picnic table to be a real battle. I don't have the patience to make a "video part" for one of these games, that would probably bring some of the excitement back but ehhh I can't really be arsed to do it.

Skate 3 has a "hardcore" setting which I don't remember the earlier Skate games having. It makes things more challenging, especially locking into grinds so you do have to work harder for your tricks. I went years playing the game never thinking i'd be one of those people who would waste their time on making video parts from Skate 3 but eventually I gave it a try and found it enjoyable, although my recent video might be my last already. Surprisingly there's still a pretty big community for people who like making parts and while some lack style and creativity there are some players who are fun to watch because their style translates over to the game well and it shows in their videos.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2018, 09:54:27 AM »
I think Skate 2 had the best world. It looked so amazing. Sometimes I go back and play it but the game flow is just not the same. Makes it hard for me to play it for any extended period of time.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skate 3 has a "hardcore" setting which I don't remember the earlier Skate games having. It makes things more challenging, especially locking into grinds so you do have to work harder for your tricks. I went years playing the game never thinking i'd be one of those people who would waste their time on making video parts from Skate 3 but eventually I gave it a try and found it enjoyable, although my recent video might be my last already. Surprisingly there's still a pretty big community for people who like making parts and while some lack style and creativity there are some players who are fun to watch because their style translates over to the game well and it shows in their videos.

Yeah I use that mode, it's still way too easy tho haha

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2018, 02:24:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoYWiUOK2BQ

spot the guest trick/ reference

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2018, 06:27:33 AM »

Gino nollie 270 switch backtail? And also there's a Gonz fakie nosegrind 180 on the curved curb...

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2018, 07:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Gino nollie 270 switch backtail? And also there's a Gonz fakie nosegrind 180 on the curved curb...

the gino one was right, I guess the gonz one aswell but i didn't plan for it, what part?
the 270 bs noseslide was from JB Gillet

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2018, 11:24:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

the gino one was right, I guess the gonz one aswell but i didn't plan for it, what part?
the 270 bs noseslide was from JB Gillet

Video Days! Could possibly be Jason Lee doing the curb trick, don't remember...

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • dog stuff
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2018, 06:01:11 AM »

funny

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »

funny

Thar she blows! So you got an unconscious homage in there, as well? So good, haha.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2018, 10:02:34 AM »

Granka

• Rep: 2

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2018, 07:21:41 PM »

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2018, 09:03:11 PM »
^^maloof money cup nyc dlc

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2019, 01:00:55 PM »
I see some foos in this thread that I remember from skate.fluckit back in the day. I'm still working on edits, here's my latest one in memory of a Skate 3 homie that died recently.

https://youtu.be/Y3c8O9GUXJc

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »
I see some foos in this thread that I remember from skate.fluckit back in the day. I'm still working on edits, here's my latest one in memory of a Skate 3 homie that died recently.

What was your name on fluckit? I went by unplannedman over there and JayTheHelmetGuy on Likebutter when it was still around

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2019, 09:48:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What was your name on fluckit? I went by unplannedman over there and JayTheHelmetGuy on Likebutter when it was still around
Oh hey sorry, I think my user was just .andreas or something. I was late to the forum and only caught the last 3 years of it's popularity. If you check the channel that video is uploaded on you can see the team my friend and I started, you might recognize some names.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2020, 08:33:37 AM »
Figured for the Skate 3 10th year anniversary today I'd archive a bunch of old bad edits I used to create with the game circa 2012-2018, it turned out to be way heftier than I imagined but I'm glad to have it all saved. I don't really expect anyone to sit through it but figured I'd share anyways before it probably gets taken down for copyright.

https://youtu.be/ttXUkFxRjLk

marty mcfly

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2022, 06:11:24 PM »
Got covid after my vacation and I’m hyped for skate4
So I played skate3 a lot the last couple days and decided to make a part out of the footage (with the song they used for dyrdeks mind field part...oops)sorry for the bad quality.
Hope you still like it.probably the last time i played that game.
https://youtu.be/LgyKo43sF8Q

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2022, 01:06:53 AM »

Firstly have you tried session? Asides from it lacking a good board feel in general riding, it nails this feeling. I love riding up to a ledge, doing a small back 180 to go switch then having to use the controls in switch to do a simple trick. It feels so good.

As for skate, A “reboot” of skate 1 with the same vibe but updated controls, graphics and being able to get off your board would be so sick. The oversaturated look of 2 and 3 killed it for me.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2022, 11:08:34 AM »