Author Topic: Proper Skateboarding Update  (Read 49532 times)

Nallid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Proper (FTW) Update
« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2018, 07:54:33 PM »
Got those cream and gum Conquistas delivered today. These are some fly ass shoes. Will cop again. I guess you changed the width in the forefoot or its just different, because those sample cinex I skated were a lot more narrow.

baravettski

• Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2018, 11:01:06 PM »
Got those cream and gum Conquistas delivered today. These are some fly ass shoes. Will cop again. I guess you changed the width in the forefoot or its just different, because those sample cinex I skated were a lot more narrow.

Dope, glad you dig em. Yeah, it's a bit thicker than those samples were, and the Cinex fits a little narrower because it's got that toe overlay that goes all the way around.

baravettski

« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2018, 09:08:57 AM »
Whattup y'all, still workin' on Proper. We did a little tech vid, here's me talking about the shoes a lil bit.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2018, 03:16:34 PM »
Whattup y'all, still workin' on Proper. We did a little tech vid, here's me talking about the shoes a lil bit.

that was rad, thanks Shawn. I skated the conquistas and they are great right out of the box. I have pretty skinny ankles/achilles so I ended up giving them to a friend who needed shoes, and they fit him better. would you say the cinex due to height and previously mentions snugger fit be quite a bit more cradling?

baravettski

« Reply #304 on: April 04, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
that was rad, thanks Shawn. I skated the conquistas and they are great right out of the box. I have pretty skinny ankles/achilles so I ended up giving them to a friend who needed shoes, and they fit him better. would you say the cinex due to height and previously mentions snugger fit be quite a bit more cradling?

Yeah, the Rook too, they kind of go up in levels, Conquista is lowest, Rook is a low but is a bit taller and has more heel cup support and yeah, since the Cinex is a mid it's super locked in.

nooky

• Rep: 9
Re: Proper Skateboarding Update
« Reply #305 on: September 23, 2018, 11:35:36 AM »
bump, thinking of getting the cinex. they look so dope
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2018, 11:44:13 PM »
bump, what happened with the vegan ones you were gunna drop?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #307 on: September 28, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »

Always wanted this style of shoe, but don't really fuck with the brands that make them. But definitely copped a pair. Sorta feel like they're gonna fall off my heel at firt. But seems pretty good so far with around 10 hours of skating.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #308 on: September 30, 2018, 09:20:40 AM »

Always wanted this style of shoe, but don't really fuck with the brands that make them. But definitely copped a pair. Sorta feel like they're gonna fall off my heel at firt. But seems pretty good so far with around 10 hours of skating.

Yo I've really been wanting to get a pair of these but I have a kind of short wide foot that limits my shoe selection (like I can't wear the skate chucks because if I size them down to fit my foot lengthwise they're way to small width wise and vice versa) how do these fit? Long and skinny? Short and wide? Long and wide?

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo I've really been wanting to get a pair of these but I have a kind of short wide foot that limits my shoe selection (like I can't wear the skate chucks because if I size them down to fit my foot lengthwise they're way to small width wise and vice versa) how do these fit? Long and skinny? Short and wide? Long and wide?

I had that same feeling about them falling off the back of my foot, but I got used to it over time.

I also have wide feet and the shoe itself fit fine but the insole was a little too narrow so around the edges I ended up with little blisters where my foot kept rubbing the edge of the insole. I still skated the shoes til they were dead because otherwise I really liked em

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2018, 06:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This shoe might be for you. Real wide. I got a 9.5,  I usually wear 9.5. Felt like I had some room to move from the get go. Again sorta feels like they're gonna fall off. Might go a size smaller next time because I like to break a shoe in and let in get bigger that way. Overall, awesome..

Seems like Nikes only not. I think dude who started it used to work for them
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"