Author Topic: HAPPY GO SKATEBOARDING DAY!!!  (Read 3505 times)

SIMPLY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
HAPPY GO SKATEBOARDING DAY!!!
« on: June 21, 2016, 09:34:11 AM »
I don't expect much activity on here today but I'm stuck at work till 5 and thought maybe people could post up what's going on in their areas.
If anyone knows of cool shit in SF today let me know!
Get out there and remember why you started in the first place!

doublesteveburger

Re: HAPPY GO SKATEBOARDING DAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:44:19 AM »
In before this turns into a shit thread about how everyday is go skateboarding day.

It's 111 degrees here today. Can't wait to melt with my dumbass friends. Cheers!

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 09:46:30 AM »
I honestly dislike go skateboarding day.. (at least in my state)

It's fucking hot as hell in Arizona, like 120 degrees. Parks are crowded and you just get burnt out. I used to feel guilty for not skateboarding on GSD, but then I realized that every fucking day is go skate day, so what the fuck. It's literally dangerous to skate in this heat, and I'm not gonna convince myself that skating a jam packed park at night is gonna be any better.

Be grateful for those of you in nice weather and awesome cities. Hopefully next year i'll be able to escape this barren wasteland and go to SF or NY or something like that :) slappy some curbs for me

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 09:54:05 AM »
I wanna see more people who don't normally skate out there today. That should be the targeted group. If you already skate regularly, there's no point really to go skateboarding day.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 10:05:08 AM »
12 hour work day combined with one hour commute each way means No Skateboarding Day for me. Have fun err'one else.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »
I agree with ChuckRamone, MintySandwich and the OP. Im not a fan of crowds and I had good times on GSD specially when Emerica was on town but I dont know, not my thing to go to this massive event on sunday. In Costa Rica theres a LGTB parade the same day this sunday so a double crowd is just a nay.

Anyway is a cliche and all but everyday is skateboarding day.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 11:14:36 AM »
Embrace it. So what if it is hot? Be thankful you aren't in a colder climate where skating for six months of the year means a snowsuit skating in an underground parking lot or not at all.

BMCsteve

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 11:18:20 AM »
Skateboarding on Go Skateboarding Day is like going to the bar on St. Patrick's day.  Super crowded everywhere and a bunch of people that that have no business being there.

I'll be enjoying my air conditioning today and out pushing tomorrow

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »
I go skate all the time....it's great...today though I'm going to skate around with a mob of kids and watch them shred.....which for once a year is rad....

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 11:35:33 AM »
im going to do a slappy on the curb outside my apartment and maybe film a kickflip for the kickflip thread. no guarantees on that second one though.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 11:37:12 AM »
Any GSD deals online are much appreciated... :-*

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 11:37:39 AM »
im going to do a slappy on the curb outside my apartment and maybe film a kickflip for the kickflip thread. no guarantees on that second one though.
Link to kickflip thread coz I'm not gonna look for it but want to see it?

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 11:42:20 AM »

this is everything that's wrong with GSD.  it's GO SKATEBOARDING DAY, not "hook me up with a deal and/or some free shit day"
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 11:56:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Link to kickflip thread coz I'm not gonna look for it but want to see it?

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=91435.0

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 11:56:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is everything that's wrong with GSD.� it's GO SKATEBOARDING DAY, not "hook me up with a deal and/or some free shit day"
HMUWADA/OFSD sounds dope!

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »
Embrace it. So what if it is hot? Be thankful you aren't in a colder climate where skating for six months of the year means a snowsuit skating in an underground parking lot or not at all.
When fitness instructors in their twenties, riding bikes with doctors, start dying from the heat - it might not be the best idea to go skateboarding.
http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/fitness-instructor-28-dies-while-mountain-biking-in-record-heat/250728140

Almost triple digits at midnight the other day....

But if any of you PHX people are trying to skate, 91 West has open doors for a free session 12-3.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »
It's too hot. PHX weather is awful

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »
I've always wondered how AZ produces some of the best skateboarders around with such unbearable weather

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 12:40:39 PM »
I've always wondered how AZ produces some of the best skateboarders around with such unbearable weather

Ive always wondered why people want to move here thinking it's awesome.. it's not, don't move here lol

CHANCHO

• Rep: -25
  • IAMIYAM
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »
~100 degrees today.  Time to snuggle up with the gx1000 video

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 01:37:46 PM »
Skateboarding on Go Skateboarding Day is like going to the bar on St. Patrick's day.  Super crowded everywhere and a bunch of people that that have no business being there.

Tyson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 01:38:35 PM »
Same with FL.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 01:40:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Same with FL.

ive known quite a few people from michigan who move to AZ. when you come from the other end of extreme weather, 120 in the summer doesnt seem so bad i guess.

edit: half my dads family moved to florida as soon as they could afford to. all they do now is bitch about how hot it is.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 01:42:37 PM by JB »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 01:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
When fitness instructors in their twenties, riding bikes with doctors, start dying from the heat - it might not be the best idea to go skateboarding.
http://www.12news.com/news/local/valley/fitness-instructor-28-dies-while-mountain-biking-in-record-heat/250728140

Almost triple digits at midnight the other day....

But if any of you PHX people are trying to skate, 91 West has open doors for a free session 12-3.

Just saw some of my friends' clips on snapchat and that park is so fucking crowded right now. You might as well be in a sauna.
Yeah, Arizona is fucked. But in some fucked up way I kinda love it.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 06:42:13 PM »
I live in AZ too; it's currently 108 degrees (it's 6:30pm) but I figured I would go push around the park for a little. I started driving to the park and just as I came up to the freeway I started having a panic attack about getting into a car crash for no reason; like some crazy 6th sense shit. So I just turned around and went home. I've gotten that 6th sense feeling a few times; last time I got it I ended up hitting a rock and biting a hole through my lip and tore a muscle in my hip which pulled a piece of the bone out. So I wasn't about to risk an accident on the freeway just to do a bunch of shitty no-complies in an over crowded park.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »
I'm on vacation at my sisters house, we went to a big waterpark today so i only skated for less than a minute before we left and a minute after we got home, I ollied over a manhole cover lol. I took some xanax at the park so i'm too tired to try to skate anymore today.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 07:01:21 PM »
Pushed around my basement a little and set up a new board to skate tomorrow. I had a blast swimming with my son though at our community pool.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »
crappy rainy season was rainy ... will roll this weekend

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 07:38:48 PM »
go skateboarding day will go over well in like three years when it lands on a friday

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 07:48:15 PM »
Skated all day Friday and a good portion of Sunday. Worked yesterday and today, staying on top of graduate school work, and will skate this week. Paid rent for a private indoor ramp that some mates and myself have kept going for the last five years (no thanks to the cheap and entitled clowns who will be looking for a pass to skate this winter).

Plus my new Gillette WKND board and American WKND dvd came, so I watched that today while I did homework.