Author Topic: What is going with Sheldon Skate Plaza?  (Read 7773 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: What is going with Sheldon Skate Plaza?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 10:10:55 PM »
This is the stupidest but also the funniest thing to happen at a skatepark. I was at my park today for a solo sesh and i noticed some kids tagged their names ( their actual names) on the ground with wax. Didn't recognize any names so i think its just the kids who play at the actual playground just doing whatever they want. I'm sure their parents were there and thought it was really cute and fun! Our skatepark is on thin on ice with the township already, they didn't even want to relocate it when the original spot got shut down. Most parents just suck these days and these kids think they can run shit. I'm punching the next little kid i see and taking their iphone.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 10:19:31 PM »
This is the stupidest but also the funniest thing to happen at a skatepark. I was at my park today for a solo sesh and i noticed some kids tagged their names ( their actual names) on the ground with wax. Didn't recognize any names so i think its just the kids who play at the actual playground just doing whatever they want. I'm sure their parents were there and thought it was really cute and fun! Our skatepark is on thin on ice with the township already, they didn't even want to relocate it when the original spot got shut down. Most parents just suck these days and these kids think they can run shit. I'm punching the next little kid i see and taking their iphone.
You could skate that ledge at any flat surface on this planet... It's not funny the city built a park then bitched out and dumped sand everywhere, there's obviously some deeper factors here... Who knows because the city doesn't want the skatepark anymore, it's not due to graffiti and litter like they say

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 10:20:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You could skate that ledge at any flat surface on this planet... It's not funny the city built a park then bitched out and dumped sand everywhere, there's obviously some deeper factors here... Who knows because the city doesn't want the skatepark anymore, it's not due to graffiti and litter like they say

No its pretty funny the city decided instead of helping cleaning up the park they just dumped sand everywhere

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 10:24:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No its pretty funny the city decided instead of helping cleaning up the park they just dumped sand everywhere
The city claimed they paid 80k in damages cleaning up graffiti over the last year.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 10:27:36 PM »
Noticed today some kids tagged 3 swastikas and a giant 6 foot penis with the word "faggot" on the shaft in wax behind the mini ramp at my local haha crazy kids

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 10:28:57 PM »
I feel like showing up with a broom and sweeping some of the sand off a spot to skate it as an "edgy f-you" thing to cops. Then I remember I'm Hispanic and this would only feed the stereotype

As for the 80k. Companies that sell supplies to to government tend to hike up the prices on things the government buys. Let's say you buy a hammer, you would pay $5 but, that same hammer would be 20 or 30 just because the vendors know that the government can pay for that. I believe that but, I also agree that they should let some kids have a paint day where they can paint something or make a more intricate painting with a spray can instead of a shitty tag.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 10:36:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
The city claimed they paid 80k in damages cleaning up graffiti over the last year.

But did they really Tracer???? I don't live on the west coast but that park looks awesome and it sucks for people that go there on the daily. You guys still gotta laugh at what any township or city does that tries to prevent skaters from skating anywhere. I just never seen someone skateproof a skatepark 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 10:47:29 PM »
Noticed today some kids tagged 3 swastikas and a giant 6 foot penis with the word "faggot" on the shaft in wax behind the mini ramp at my local haha crazy kids

Who the fuck "tags" using wax ???
Like what the actual fuck?
kids these days...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 03:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who the fuck "tags" using wax ???
Like what the actual fuck?
kids these days...
I'm not a kid and it wasn't wax. It's was a stick of my dehydrated cum, make the six foot penis and swazis more authentic.

Slappydarkslide

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 06:12:36 AM »
We lost a nice little park in DC due to idiots littering.  It was just an unused basketball court with a quarter pipe, a box, and a flatbar.  Somehow it became the local high school's hang out spot.  There was a 7-11 a block away, so kids would throw red bull/Monster cans and chicken wings, pizza crusts everywhere.  I went over one Sunday AM for a quick session and three city employees were tearing the spot down.  They told me it was because of the littering.

It pisses me off to no end.  I can't stand people who blatantly litter.  I live in Baltimore city and you would think the concept of a trash can doesn't exist here.  I'd say more days than not driving to work I see people throw full mcdonalds bags out of their car at stoplights or while driving.  Don't dare say anything though, they will get aggressive, and if they're the opposite race of you, they will call you a racist. 

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 07:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
#youskateityoupoliceit? That guy calls himself a skater too, total cunt. Dude from city hall was complaining about graffiti and pizza boxes, great excuse to close down your new world class skatepark....maybe hire a skater to do maintenance??? a lot easier than closing it and covering it in sand

the world we live in
[close]

I think it was a long time coming.  it's not the first time they put sand in the park.  I agree, you can't do anything about the graffiti if it's happening at night but everyone should contribute to keeping the park clean and policing shit during the day.

I can't count how many times I've showed up at the park at 7:30 am and spent the first 20 minutes cleaning up other peoples trash
[close]
I literally hate people that litter, and I don't use the word hate lightly.
[close]

I had a friend from New York that was super proud of littering..like actually enjoyed it. The first time i saw it happen I was all 'wtf man?' He explained to me, how littering is awesome, especially in Texas, where people freak the fuck out. I told him he sucked. 25 years later..we are still friends.
[close]

Fuck your friend. What a piece of fucking shit. He's a reason why this world is so god damned fucked.
[close]

nah, he's done a ton of good stuff over the years. ..pretty sure his big gulp cups aren't the reason we are fucked.

this is why, after almost 15 years in this city, I'm getting the fuck out of NYC soon. people here are garbage. they live in their own garbage. they act like garbage. they have totally garbage minds from growing up in this environment. it sucks they are actually going to other places and doing the same shit. I want to execute all native new yorkers.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 07:57:13 AM »
As often as skater's leave their trash behind or tag up Sheldon (or Santa Monica Courthouse which is dealing with a similar situation) it is almost always the bums/addicts hanging around that mess shit up.

I went to take a piss one time at the bathroom in Sheldon only to walk in on a 40+ aged couple "doing laundry" in the sinks and smoking meth, surrounded by an array of filth and debris. 

Same goes for the Courthouse which is basically one big destitute slumber party.  The homeless empty an entire trash can onto the ground for that one can at the bottom and the skaters get bitched at. 

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

shit_for_brains

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2016, 08:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
#youskateityoupoliceit? That guy calls himself a skater too, total cunt. Dude from city hall was complaining about graffiti and pizza boxes, great excuse to close down your new world class skatepark....maybe hire a skater to do maintenance??? a lot easier than closing it and covering it in sand

the world we live in
[close]

I think it was a long time coming.  it's not the first time they put sand in the park.  I agree, you can't do anything about the graffiti if it's happening at night but everyone should contribute to keeping the park clean and policing shit during the day.

I can't count how many times I've showed up at the park at 7:30 am and spent the first 20 minutes cleaning up other peoples trash
[close]
[close]

I had a friend from New York that was super proud of littering..like actually enjoyed it. The first time i saw it happen I was all 'wtf man?' He explained to me, how littering is awesome, especially in Texas, where people freak the fuck out. I told him he sucked. 25 years later..we are still friends.
[close]

Fuck your friend. What a piece of fucking shit. He's a reason why this world is so god damned fucked.
[close]

nah, he's done a ton of good stuff over the years. ..pretty sure his big gulp cups aren't the reason we are fucked.
[close]

this is why, after almost 15 years in this city, I'm getting the fuck out of NYC soon. people here are garbage. they live in their own garbage. they act like garbage. they have totally garbage minds from growing up in this environment. it sucks they are actually going to other places and doing the same shit. I want to execute all native new yorkers.

So you're stupid AND crazy.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2016, 08:10:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

the world we live in
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was exaggerating, you perfectly reasonable genius you.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2016, 08:40:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

the world we live in
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'd like to execute everyone who exaggerates.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2016, 08:55:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

the world we live in
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'd like to execute everyone who exaggerates.

I'd like to exaggerate everyone who executes.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2016, 09:06:00 AM »
The best way for a park is to have the locals pass it on from group to group that way you don't get fukbois
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2016, 01:49:10 PM »
Went to try and skate this this morning.  Can't believe it's still closed

What is the latest info?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Tracer

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2016, 01:54:15 PM »
better question: when is the demolition date?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 05:33:37 PM »
Went to try and skate this this morning.  Can't believe it's still closed

What is the latest info?
that's weird. I drive by the park several times a week and always see people skating there
fuck you bama

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2016, 06:00:05 PM »
There's were a few people skating but doors were chained up.  When you drive by is it actually open or are people hopping the fence?

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2016, 07:05:42 PM »

So every skatepark around the globe is exactly the same over and over again. At least they dont put the classic "drug use and deal" point.

This is the same issues I fight in my country. Like some pal posted Im also the guy that spend the first twenty minutes at the place picking trash. Grafittis are kinda cool and looks good on photos, it have a vibe to me.

Tyson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2016, 06:36:47 PM »
I've skated Sheldon a few times in the past week.  The far gate closest to Laurel Canyon has no lock on it anymore and there's a hole in the interior fence. 

During my sessions no one seemed to be the least bit worried, kids smoking weed as always, maintenance crews showed up twice and didn't do anything, the cops drove by once and didn't do anything. 

Still enough sand to slow down my bearings though
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2016, 06:41:45 PM »
What's the difference between littering and throwing shit out? Either way it just ends up on the ground.

nylin

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2016, 04:49:59 AM »
#prayforsheldon

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2016, 09:44:47 AM »
What's the difference between littering and throwing shit out? Either way it just ends up on the ground.

Well, that's a really dumb thing to say

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2016, 03:48:45 PM »
There's were a few people skating but doors were chained up.  When you drive by is it actually open or are people hopping the fence?

i just see people skating there. Never go in for a closer look. I stick to garvanza or belvedere when I go to parks. I haven't skated Sheldon since it opened. From the street it looks like the sand is all gone. When you look up the hashtag on ig it looks like people skate there fairly regularly. It's a weird choice to officially close it. It's right off the highway and the area looks kind of shitty in general for being in sun valley
fuck you bama