Author Topic: Problem with tre flips  (Read 9963 times)

dime a dozen trend skater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Problem with tre flips
« on: March 25, 2017, 06:05:18 PM »
Im learning tre flips and I can get the rotation but my front foot doesn't follow the board and i can only get my back foot on the board

shark tits

Re: Problem with tre flips
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 06:15:20 PM »
in the words of treach 'if you ain't never been to the ghetto, don't ever come to the ghetto. you won't understand the ghetto. stay the fuck outta the ghetto.'
of course 20 yrs later did white people listen to treach? no, they've gentrified the ghetto and along w/ it, the 360 kickflip.
what do those [chris and ricca] gentry know that you don't? jump a little higher. if the board's going to the right, pre-empt it by jumping to the right. you've got to be smarter than wood.

Ineffable Epoch

• Rep: -77
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 02:11:23 AM »
in the words of treach 'if you ain't never been to the ghetto, don't ever come to the ghetto. you won't understand the ghetto. stay the fuck outta the ghetto.'
of course 20 yrs later did white people listen to treach? no, they've gentrified the ghetto and along w/ it, the 360 kickflip.
what do those [chris and ricca] gentry know that you don't? jump a little higher. if the board's going to the right, pre-empt it by jumping to the right. you've got to be smarter than wood.

Wise words there.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 05:48:47 PM »
Try catching with the front foot and worry about the back foot later.. he'll be there

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 01:20:38 PM »
Similar situation here... learning switch 360 flips, and my body intuitively tries to catch board with back foot, front foot just goes whatever.
When doing nollie 360 flips, I kinda jump on the board with both feet.
What to do?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 06:00:12 AM »
Similar situation here... learning switch 360 flips, and my body intuitively tries to catch board with back foot, front foot just goes whatever.
When doing nollie 360 flips, I kinda jump on the board with both feet.
What to do?

I catch mine with my back foot too. I used to sort of spray and pray with my front foot but after watching lots and lots of Bobby Worrest, which I recommend to anyone, I started pointing my toes on my front foot and started landing more. I think it's because I'm giving that foot something to do other than not be in the way. Go watch Bobby and it'll make sense.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 12:28:56 PM »
Work on different angles and speeds

3 flip to fakie on a mellow bank
flat
to flat off a funbox

I learned them off a loading dock into grass, and eventually learned to pop high enough where I could do em on flat. Smaller board and looser trucks helps too.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 01:05:28 PM »
learn fakie first
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 09:58:38 PM »
Im learning tre flips and I can get the rotation but my front foot doesn't follow the board and i can only get my back foot on the board

When you're jumping you're already off axis because you're afraid to land over the board, without realizing it. dont be a pussy and jump in the direction of the board with your weight more evenly distributed, so you stay on top of it and slightly ahead.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 02:37:09 PM »
scoop it harder and have a surprisingly high amount of weight on your front foot

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 10:59:22 PM »
Jumping to the direction of board, putting pressure on front foot gives noticeable results. Might be able to learn switch tre flips with better technique than regular, which I figured out myself and I don't there to do them anywhere else than flat.

StinkyLarry

• Rep: -42
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »
learn fakie first

I gotta disagree with this. For me fakie and regular tres are almost different tricks. I pop regular tres a lot more vertically, almost like the idea of an impossible.
Fakie its all horizontal spin.
If that even makes sense.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 08:26:45 PM »
This is actually fairly insightful

You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes