Author Topic: GG Allin  (Read 10620 times)

Mentos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
GG Allin
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:38:07 PM »
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin

GG Allin (29 August 1956 – 28 June 1993) was a hardcore punk singer and bandleader who performed and recorded with many groups during his career.

He is best remembered for his notorious live performances that typically featured wildly transgressive acts such as Allin defecating onstage, committing self harm, performing naked, taunting people to perform fellatio on him, and violent actions towards the audience. Although more notorious for his stage antics than for his wide body of music, he recorded prolifically, not only in the punk rock genre, but also in spoken word, country and western and Rolling Stones-influenced rock.

By the mid to late 1980s, Allin was a heroin user, alcoholic, a heavy smoker and generally abused all intoxicants given to him. He was poorly groomed and rarely cleaned himself. At this point, Allin also began eating laxatives before performances as defecation, the drinking and eating of it was becoming a regular stage act for him. Allin described himself as "the last true rock and roller."

By this, he meant that rock and roll music itself had started as an embodiment of danger, anti-authoritarianism, rebelliousness but had become largely taken over by corporations and business concerns. Allin's music and performances were thus meant to return rock and roll to what he saw as its roots, reclaiming from the corporate system. Some of his supporters argue that he had a very valid point,especially with regard to corporate co-option.[citation needed]

Allin idolized country music legend Hank Williams, Sr, and saw himself as a kindred spirit. Both were relative loners and outsiders, both were habitual users of intoxicants, both lived with few, if any, possessions and both travelled the country relentlessly. GG Allin's acoustic output, documented particularly on the EP The Troubled Troubador, was heavily influenced by Williams. He recorded his own rewrites of Hank Williams, Jr.'s "Family Tradition" and David Allan Coe's "Longhaired Redneck", calling his own versions "Scumfuc Tradition" and "Outlaw Scumfuc" respectively. Later GG Allin also released another country album Carnival of Excess.

During this period, Allin collaborated with Bulge (aka Boston hardcore punk trio Psycho under a different name, on the album Freaks, Faggots, Drunks and Junkies), The Aids Brigade (the infamous 7" EP Expose Yourself To Kids) and The Holymen (You Give Love A Bad Name). Allin also began performing many spoken word pieces. Video footage of these are available but rare. It was during this period that Allin recorded his Murder Junkies album released by New Rose Records and featuring the band ANTiSEEN. This album contained 10 musical tracks and 10 spoken-word pieces. Other than Freaks, Faggots, Drunks and Junkies, Allin considered this album to be his most polished professionally recorded album that explored his persona and stated his philosophy on life. It was also during this period that Allin recorded the War In My Head - I'm Your Enemy album released on Awareness Records and featuring the band Shrinkwrap. This particular album consists of one 45 minute track that is a collage of spoken-word pieces which Shrinkwrap put to music.

Unwilling to seek steady employment, Allin supported himself by selling his own records. He also claimed to have committed criminal acts such as breaking and entering, robbery and mugging. Allin was also fascinated with serial killers. He wrote and visited John Wayne Gacy in jail a number of times and Gacy painted a portrait of Allin (see American Serial Killer Art).

By this point, Allin's performances, which often resulted in considerable damage to venues and sound equipment, were regularly stopped after only a few songs by police or venue owners. Allin was charged with assault and battery or indecent exposure a number of times. His constant touring was only stopped by jail time or by long hospital stays for broken bones, blood poisoning, and other trauma.

Another attraction to Allin performances was his continual threats of suicide. In 1988, Allin wrote to Maximum RocknRoll stating that he would commit suicide on stage on Halloween 1989. However, he was in jail when that day came. He continued his threat each following year but ended up imprisoned each following Halloween. When asked why he doesn't follow through with his threats, or sometimes his on-stage defecations, Allin stated, "With GG, you don't get what you expect—you get what you deserve." [7] He also stated that suicide should only be done when one had reached their peak, meeting the afterlife at their strongest point and not at their weakest. [8]

During the late 1980s and early 1990s, Allin's imprisonments became longer in duration. He served a particularly long sentence from (December 22, 1989 to March 26, 1991) after being charged with raping and torturing a woman in Ann Arbor, Michigan (he ultimately plead no contest to assault charges).

In a psychological evaluation made as part of the trial (see "clinical transcript" in external links), Allin was judged to be of at least average intelligence, and was described as "courteous, cooperative and candid." The unnamed evaluator noted that Allin did not appear psychotic, and appeared comfortable with his unorthodox lifestyle, but that he did have symptoms and behavior consistent with borderline personality disorder, masochism and narcissism.

In the trial, Allin asserted his innocence, claiming that the woman had participated of her own free will. There were also some facts in the case which might seem to support Allin's claim that the woman was an admiring fan who threw herself at him for publicity. As noted in the clinical report, the witness offered contradictory testimony to police, first claiming that she was attacked by three men. Only later did she accuse Allin.

It was during this confinement that Allin felt energized about his life and "mission" as he put it. He wrote the GG Allin Manifesto (1990) during this period. Meanwhile, Allin's growing notoriety led to appearances on Morton Downey, Jr., Geraldo, The Jerry Springer Show and a memorable episode of The Jane Whitney Show.

At the end of this period, Allin's appearance became definitive. He shaved his head, removed the middle of the moustache a la Genghis Khan, dyed his beard red and shaved his entire body. In addition, he was increasingly covered in poorly done, cheap 'home-made' tattoos and scars from his violent stage performances.

Despite threats of an onstage suicide, Allin died of a heroin overdose on 28 June 1993, in a friend's New York City apartment, at 29 Avenue B, Manhattan. He was 36 years old. His last show was at a small club called The Gas Station in New York City. Video footage of the soundcheck, concert, and aftermath is appended to the DVD release of Hated. In his last show he did a few songs before the power went out, after which he trashed the venue and walked the streets of New York naked and covered in blood and feces, surrounded by fans whom he openly embraced. On VH1's recent Freakiest Concert Moments, Allin's final show ranked at number four.

After arriving at his friend's apartment, Allin snorted heroin, eventually passing out. Some party-goers posed for photos with the unconscious Allin, not knowing that he was already dead. The next morning, some noticed that Allin still lay motionless in the same place where they had left him, and called for an ambulance, but Allin was pronounced dead at the scene.

At his funeral, Allin's bloated, discolored corpse was dressed in his black leather jacket and trademark jock strap. He had a bottle of Jim Beam beside him in his casket, as per his wishes (openly stated in his self-penned acoustic country ballad, "When I Die"). As part of his brother's request, the mortician was instructed not to wash the corpse, (which smelled strongly of feces), or apply any makeup. The funeral became a wild party. Friends posed with the corpse, put drugs and whiskey into its mouth, and pulled down the jock strap to take pictures of Allin's penis. As the funeral ended, his brother put a pair of headphones on Allin. The headphones were plugged into a portable cassette player, in which was loaded a copy of The Suicide Sessions. The video of his funeral is widely available for purchase, and is an extra feature on the Hated DVD and some bootleg VHS tapes.

At the time of his death, Allin was making plans for a spoken word album, and a somewhat unlikely European tour. Ironically, he was enthusiastically talking about them to a friend in the hours before his death.

GG Allin was buried July 3, 1993 in the Saint Rose Cemetery in Littleton, NH. A reunion is held each year, and fans are encouraged to come

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
Re: GG Allin
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:26:06 AM »
Hahaha SICK!

damian

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:30:14 AM »
simply put, gg allin shredded life.
i never dug the spoken word much though.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 09:10:17 AM »
Watched a docu on him a few months ago. Some of the people around him were even more tweaked than he was.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 10:46:03 AM »
anyone see him on springer, that shit was amazing
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »
here is is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2LvZd_9aMU

Im 10 minuts into it and its the best clip ive ever seen!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 11:21:22 AM by tonycoxhox »
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

crailtapper

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 11:30:05 AM »
here is is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2LvZd_9aMU

Im 10 minuts into it and its the best clip ive ever seen!

see, this should have been your only post for like a week. this one was actually decent. thank you.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »
I caught the springer when it originally aired in the 90s. It's funny to me that he has had so much longevity. Most people I knew thought he was more of a novelty act like Gwar and were more impressed by his shit eating, drum stick in the ass antics than his music.

vic-film

• Rep: -15
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 11:48:28 AM »
that springer episode is hilarious.  GG is pretty sick to skate to too

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »
anyone see the vid where he does his whole

cut head open with mic

shit on stage

eat it

throw shit in crowd

drum stick up the ass

and then he falls out in the crowd and no one is in the club?

Like the were warming up and he did the whole routine... Fucking funny shit

or the video where for his birthday they find a girl who will piss in his mouth and then he pukes on her ass while she is peeing and then starts to lick the puke off her ass.

shits funny, but guy was funny looney.

skatemore,man

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 03:43:55 PM »
anyone see the vid where he does his whole

cut head open with mic

shit on stage

eat it

throw shit in crowd

drum stick up the ass

and then he falls out in the crowd and no one is in the club?

Like the were warming up and he did the whole routine... Fucking funny shit

or the video where for his birthday they find a girl who will piss in his mouth and then he pukes on her ass while she is peeing and then starts to lick the puke off her ass.

shits funny, but guy was funny looney.

dude that video is fucking gross. I used to get skate with some cats that were into GG, they were twisted motherfuckers. they've now got a band called the minister of hate or something like that, it never caught on with me.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 04:23:09 AM »
a bunch of my friend went to a show in New Orleans. I think it was after the first time he said he was going to kill himself on stage but didn't follow through but was still claiming he would do it. I was so glad that I didn't go. My friends said the show didn't even make it through 1 song before a riot broke out and it was shut down. Apparently he didn't even have time to shit, which if you have seen his videos says a lot. Guy could shit in 2 seconds. Kind of impressive with the speed shitting skills. I think he was faster than my dog.

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 06:53:33 AM »
I was reading an article, and he said when he and his brothers were kids, they used to sniff their mom's "crusty old, dirty panties"

he also said that his brother Merle sucked him off when they were kids :S

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 07:03:56 AM »
for fans of his music, what's the best CD. Thinking about checking some out.

Mentos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 09:24:25 AM »
Get banned in Boston part 1,  or get songs individually.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • breathmint please
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »
isnt his real name Jesus?
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

damian

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
yes.

bite it you scum
out for blood
drink fight and fuck
expose yourself to kids

all those songs are worth a listen. his punk shit is the best of his works to me, but spoken word is just suspect anyways.

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o1El4xuKuI

That was entertaining. If you are interested, just keep watching till part 8.

You won't believe what kind of stupid people stand up and challenge the people on stage.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 12:58:58 PM by tonycoxhox »
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

backtoschool

• Rep: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 02:51:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Get banned in Boston part 1,  or get songs individually.
My favorite tune is "Die When You Die".

fuckingvegan

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 06:18:38 PM »

Always was, is and always shall be is good solid punk stuff. The rest of the stuff is real hit or miss.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
He was a victim of abuse, his dad dug graves in their basement and told them he was going to kill the whole family and bury them there. He was beaten a lot, his brother slipped him LSD with out telling him etc... not a shock he became what he did.

Funny story this girl I knew from Cleveland was pen pals with him and one tour he stopped by and hung out with her family and had dinner. After he left her mom said that he was one of the nicest friends she had ever had come to dinner.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • breathmint please
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 09:41:01 PM »
he just hated everything so much cause of his tiny weaner

dave v-house

• Rep: 15
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 12:14:19 AM »
"You hate me and I hate you" Good song. Drehobl skated to it in a thrasher vid a couple years back.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 01:47:23 AM »
Glorified Sideshow Loser.

I have no idea how people buy into this shit.

It's crap. He didn't die fighting anything, or proving anything. He's the deadbeat punker that doesn't revolutionize anything. He never did anything that changed the world. He's a past tense MTV show for all I care.

I grew up in a city of punkers. You could differentiate the ones who "loved poetry, but loved anarchy", and the ones that "loved punk, but made movements".

God, not even Mike Vallely was this gay when he did spoken word.

damian

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 05:33:36 AM »
nobody was buying into shit, it's entertaining as fuck though.
oh you and your frailness, that was the probably the first post i've even wasted time reading of yours in a while.

lurkstatus

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 09:31:10 AM »

he also said that his brother Merle sucked him off when they were kids :S

that is precious.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 09:32:40 AM »
nobody was buying into shit, it's entertaining as fuck though.
oh you and your frailness, that was the probably the first post i've even wasted time reading of yours in a while.

You like Nuge. I was expecting a better person to reply to it.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 11:18:17 AM »
Glorified Sideshow Loser.

I have no idea how people buy into this shit.

It's crap. He didn't die fighting anything, or proving anything. He's the deadbeat punker that doesn't revolutionize anything. He never did anything that changed the world. He's a past tense MTV show for all I care.

I grew up in a city of punkers. You could differentiate the ones who "loved poetry, but loved anarchy", and the ones that "loved punk, but made movements".

God, not even Mike Vallely was this gay when he did spoken word.

he'd probably hit you really hard in the head and make you cry......................just my visual though

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 12:00:05 PM »
Mike Vallely is tougher.

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »
"You hate me and I hate you" Good song. Drehobl skated to it in a thrasher vid a couple years back.
Unless he had another part I cant remeber, he skated to Bored To Death.