Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick "scandal"  (Read 9053 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Colin Kaepernick "scandal"
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 06:51:48 PM »
i like it when he throw the ball and then catch but also too when they hit so it's complicated

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 07:03:11 PM »
it's the Dixie chicks all over again

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 07:08:43 PM »
What he did was disgusting... Welp, no one in my fantasy league is gonna want to pick him up now
^Average American response.

People look at football as a religious sacrament in this country. You don't mess with football. And people like to get mad at things online.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 07:34:52 PM by happenstance »

ohhyess

• Rep: -43
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »
Expand Quote
He has every right to not stand for the National Anthem but he's still an asshole. To me the act of standing for the National Anthem means you respect the sacrifices made by past veterans and current active duty service members who have given up their personal freedoms and/or lives to serve their country. If no one ever served in the military we wouldn't be here today having this discussion.
[close]

It has absolutely nothing to do with veterans. If anything, the NFL using veterans as a promotional tool during half time is more offensive than a citizen exercising their 1st amendment rights.
Really standing for the National Anthem has nothing to do with honoring your country and those that have served to protect it? Wow thats crazy. Thanks for the info dude!

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 07:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He has every right to not stand for the National Anthem but he's still an asshole. To me the act of standing for the National Anthem means you respect the sacrifices made by past veterans and current active duty service members who have given up their personal freedoms and/or lives to serve their country. If no one ever served in the military we wouldn't be here today having this discussion.
[close]

It has absolutely nothing to do with veterans. If anything, the NFL using veterans as a promotional tool during half time is more offensive than a citizen exercising their 1st amendment rights.
[close]
Really standing for the National Anthem has nothing to do with honoring your country and those that have served to protect it? Wow thats crazy. Thanks for the info dude!
No, it really doesn't.

- A veteran.
you never know about pre-cum 

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 07:59:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
No, it really doesn't.

- A veteran.
i thought johnny 5 blew you up a couple months ago?

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 08:23:35 PM »
I thought the flag represented all of us, glad so many have cleared this up for me. That could have been embarrassing am I right guys like I'm over here thinking the real problem is class/race injustice, but now I know the real problem is clear, it's the flag and who it does and does not represent

Kickflop

• Rep: 16
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 08:48:19 PM »
i like it when he throw the ball and then catch but also too when they hit so it's complicated

I'm genuinely concerned that this post will not get the recognition it deserves in the midst of this trainwreck of a thread.
... I don't care if you're gay, straight, bi or an attack helicopter...
Sick of the liberal LGBTAH agenda

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 09:13:13 PM »
You should stand up , be quiet , remove your hat for any national anthem playing out of respect

Might be his right to sit down , but still makes him a asshole and the NFL / 49 should kick him out.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 09:33:48 PM »
You should stand up , be quiet , remove your hat for any national anthem playing out of respect

Might be his right to sit down , but still makes him a asshole and the NFL / 49 should kick him out.
If every asshole was kicked out the NFL we wouldn't have a league

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2016, 11:35:46 PM »
Don't care about him or the NLF. It's getting way too much air time though.
It's just weird that white lives matter has to register as a hate group (which they are) but BLM is a activist movement when they tell white people to get to back of the march. Thats some Rosa Parks shit.

Also this is pretty spot on.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:51:23 PM by yapple dapple »

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 01:54:44 AM »
It's just weird that white lives matter has to register as a hate group (which they are) but BLM is a activist movement when they tell white people to get to back of the march. Thats some Rosa Parks shit.

i don't really know much about white lives matter, but from the little i've seen they look like they are just holding a mirror up to BLM. BLM allows any scumbag to join their group, and that's why they aren't respected. here they are marching for mike brown. they are mad mike didn't get to defend himself in court... tell his side of the story...yet a car accidentally hits a person standing in the middle of the road at night,and they instantly find the driver guilty, pull out their guns, and fire at the car returning to the scene of the accident. they decide to shoot up a second car just because they were confused. fucking idiots...BLM hypocrites will never be respected

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 02:13:58 AM »
it's not his fault every sports fan is a serious fucking idiot

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -351
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 03:53:05 AM »
nationalism is gross
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 10:10:07 AM »

Not quite spot on. So who committed homicide in the league? If you are referring to Ray Lewis you couldn't be more wrong. Someone in his party(pretty sure it was his bouncer) killed someone. Love how people just pin it on him because he was there. Also are you forgetting Ray Rice? He was kicked out of the league and the Ravens terminated his contract. League is really strict on domestic violence now and has no tolerance for it. Two others have been banned since his incident. Do you know how many dudes have been banned from the league this year for drugs? I think you should do some research before agreeing with a dumb meme people keep sharing on Facebook.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 10:29:09 AM »
The Star Spangled Banner was written by a white supremacist who owned slaves and thought blacks were inferior. The 3rd verse is about slavery.

Why should a black person feel passionate about that song?

You can love America and still call out the bullshit that goes on as well.

Just like always when a black person attempts to speak up against racism, people try to distort the message, turn it into something that it's not, and completely gloss over the core issue.

It's hilarious seeing the racist who used "veterans dying for our country" to mask their racism get shut down last night by the #veteransforkaepernick hashtag on twitter by people who actually served / currently served support him and understand that they're actually fighting for his right to do this.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:32:49 AM by Big Skatefase »

Eric ricks

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
Its a white dood that signs his cheques.

Kaepernick is still a slave, he just doesnt realize it.

Here today gone tomorrow. Hope he banked some money because the CFL pays like shit in comparison

straight

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not quite spot on. So who committed homicide in the league? If you are referring to Ray Lewis you couldn't be more wrong. Someone in his party(pretty sure it was his bouncer) killed someone. Love how people just pin it on him because he was there. Also are you forgetting Ray Rice? He was kicked out of the league and the Ravens terminated his contract. League is really strict on domestic violence now and has no tolerance for it. Two others have been banned since his incident. Do you know how many dudes have been banned from the league this year for drugs? I think you should do some research before agreeing with a dumb meme people keep sharing on Facebook.
via Imgflip Meme Generator

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 12:16:58 PM »
Everyone bashing Kaepernick needs to shut the fuck up. There's more problems in the world than a fucking football player not giving a shit for his country.

Fuck this is why America is so fucking dumb. Pay attention to fucking sports and guns and Kardashian/Jenners but not give a fuck that a racist business fuckboy may become president. Shit like that. Fuck them.

No wonder Kaepernick didn't stand up. I back him (even though I could care less about his career and the sport itself). He's not an asshole. He's speaking his mind. Who the fuck cares!?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
/thread.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 04:03:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the nfl has an atrocious record re: violence & drugs. no one has been banned from the nfl since 1947. they only created a zero tolerance policy because the ray rice footage was leaked. he wasn't kicked out; his punishment was indefinite suspension that got overturned. same for adrian peterson. their punishments are bullshit. even plaxico burress was welcomed back into the league with open arms.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

the nfl has an atrocious record re: violence & drugs. no one has been banned from the nfl since 1947. they only created a zero tolerance policy because the ray rice footage was leaked. he wasn't kicked out; his punishment was indefinite suspension that got overturned. same for adrian peterson. their punishments are bullshit. even plaxico burress was welcomed back into the league with open arms.

Even though Ray Rice was overturned his career is over. No team will take him. So the indefinite suspension basically stuck. Adrian Peterson though? So what a dude hit his kid. Is parenting illegal now?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 04:48:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Even though Ray Rice was overturned his career is over. No team will take him. So the indefinite suspension basically stuck. Adrian Peterson though? So what a dude hit his kid. Is parenting illegal now?

Really?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 05:33:04 PM »
Anyone else find it fucking weird we (meaning American children) were required to "pledge allegiance" to the US every morning before school? Is that still a thing?

i dont remember having to do it until after 9-11-01 attacks. went to high school in Los Angeles, dont know if region plays a part on patriotism
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 05:35:33 PM »

looking forward to you standing in respect for the ISIS anthem

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2016, 05:35:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pretty sure Aaron Hernandez had a pretty gnarly rap sheet before he even entered the NFL (including attempted murder). Wonder if this raised any red flags with patriots. Just kidding, we all know the answer.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2016, 11:38:18 PM »
The Star Spangled Banner was written by a white supremacist who owned slaves and thought blacks were inferior. The 3rd verse is about slavery.

Why should a black person feel passionate about that song?

You can love America and still call out the bullshit that goes on as well.

Just like always when a black person attempts to speak up against racism, people try to distort the message, turn it into something that it's not, and completely gloss over the core issue.

It's hilarious seeing the racist who used "veterans dying for our country" to mask their racism get shut down last night by the #veteransforkaepernick hashtag on twitter by people who actually served / currently served support him and understand that they're actually fighting for his right to do this.

Since conservatives seem to like glossing over things and read but so many words in a post i bolded the main points..

I back Kaepernick he has everything to lose. People more upset about what he did and not why he did it obviously dont experience or often even benefit from inequality/class-ism. This county is a great place but has a culture that profits by sweeping things under the rug and playing dirty to get ahead. Hypocrisy is real, its good to see more and more hard working Americans of all races/status tired of it everyday.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2016, 05:43:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i don't really know much about white lives matter, but from the little i've seen they look like they are just holding a mirror up to BLM. BLM allows any scumbag to join their group, and that's why they aren't respected. here they are marching for mike brown. they are mad mike didn't get to defend himself in court... tell his side of the story...yet a car accidentally hits a person standing in the middle of the road at night,and they instantly find the driver guilty, pull out their guns, and fire at the car returning to the scene of the accident. they decide to shoot up a second car just because they were confused. fucking idiots...BLM hypocrites will never be respected

White Lives Matter is run by white supremacists.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/31/splc-the-much-cited-designator-of-hate-groups-explains-why-white-lives-matter-is-one/

snickers

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2016, 07:48:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

looking forward to you standing in respect for the ISIS anthem

/thread

glutton.

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2016, 08:19:58 AM »
The way I see it is: people are offended that someone is expressing beliefs that do not match theirs. We brag about our freedom of speech but patronize people when they express opposing viewpoints. His decision not to stand did not harm anyone. No one was physically hurt and he did not break any law. People get offended so easily.