Author Topic: Over/underrated pros & why  (Read 14705 times)

bo golden

Re: Over/underrated pros & why
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
The Nine Club would be good, but a Chromeball Creager interview would definitely be the shit!

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2016, 12:38:34 PM »
The Nine Club would be good, but a Chromeball Creager interview would definitely be the shit!
cosign

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Heard from a reliable source that Creager didn't leave Blind but was actually let go...I always thought that seemed weird though so I dunno.

[close]

Ummm more reliable than the man himself?
[close]

I don't doubt it, but do you have a source? All I saw was an instagram post that said "free at last" which doesn't say one way or the other about his departure.
I didn't really follow any of this saga and just assumed he left on his own accord too but then heard otherwise.

Im saying, he told me that himself. It was a topic I was curious about but knew it was a little weird to bring it up but he was completely open about it. I highly doubt he was making it up.

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 260
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2016, 01:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't know if this counts because as far as I know he's not pro anymore (was pro for Traffic but demoted to am for Chocolate, and that's criminal), but, Yonnie fuckin Cruz.  
[close]

Does the Crailtap camp know how much they blow it on potentially revamping their brands? They sleep on fucking everybody and how they talked Yonnie into demoting himself is beyond me
[close]
While on the subject of GX and Crailtap, Tyler Pacheco is one of my new favorite skaters, solely based on his 10-12 tricks in the GX1000 video. Making Yonnie and Manchild the faces of Chocolate and Girl would be a great move.

Massimo should have been pro years ago.

Chad Tim Tim deserved way more love. Nate Broussard, too.

Collin Provost has been running the same video part for a few years now.

Dakota Servold is very overrated. Cool, another 50-50.
[close]

Manchild seems to be on the Girl and Lakai Instagrams a lot, but is he officially on the teams? I don't recall seeing anything for him or Yonnie yet. Hopefully they have something official in the works.

Yonnie is official for Lakai, they just never update their team page (except for taking people off  ::) )
 <

seriously cant believe how much crailtap is dropping the ball with these guys, they couldve capitalized on the hype from the gx video, esp with stevie, but nope, just some more talented, marketable dudes stuck in crailtap flow purgatory. if smyth is in charge of team additions dude needs to be FIRED asap
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:09:21 PM by Bread Harrity »

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Heard from a reliable source that Creager didn't leave Blind but was actually let go...I always thought that seemed weird though so I dunno.

[close]

Ummm more reliable than the man himself?
[close]

I don't doubt it, but do you have a source? All I saw was an instagram post that said "free at last" which doesn't say one way or the other about his departure.
I didn't really follow any of this saga and just assumed he left on his own accord too but then heard otherwise.
[close]

Im saying, he told me that himself. It was a topic I was curious about but knew it was a little weird to bring it up but he was completely open about it. I highly doubt he was making it up.

Word, I don't think he would make that up either. I'm sure if he said he quit, then he quit.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

quaintly

• Rep: 12
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »
Gustav tonnenson is heavily underrated.  hes 's good

Dave Fuck

• Rep: -6
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 02:18:48 PM »
Jeremy Wray is definitely underrated, and doesn't get the appreciation/shine he deserves. I was talking to a dude at my local park the other day who was around 20 years old and I brought up J.Wray and mentioned he had/has one of the best 360 Ollies of all time and the dude had no clue who he was.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 02:25:04 PM »
Overrated: that guy on Nike who's am I forget his name but he has no switch/nollie. He lost to youness in the most recent BATB. Also Malto, Elijah Berle, Jon Dickson.

Underrated: Sebo, Morgan Smith, ramondetta

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2016, 03:05:37 PM »
Overrated: that guy on Nike who's am I forget his name but he has no switch/nollie. He lost to youness in the most recent BATB. Also Malto, Elijah Berle, Jon Dickson.

i want to know your reasoning on elijah berle being overrated? no argument just curious.  I've heard this from a few people although i don't agree.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2016, 05:09:15 PM »
I would say Jon Dickson is underrated. Super powerful style on all terrain, he deserved to blow up after that Deathwish part.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »

My guess is you mean Mason Silva. His trick in the nike video was absolutely insane, but I agree he isn't suited for BATB. But then again, I'm sure legends like AVE would be a disaster at BATB too.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i want to know your reasoning on elijah berle being overrated? no argument just curious.  I've heard this from a few people although i don't agree.

Ever since I saw his winning Tampa Am run I've just always felt that way. I will say that after seeing his KOTR footage I have come around to him a lot more. It's sort of the same with Stevie Perez, the skating is good but it just doesn't do it for me, personally.

Yes, I meant Mason Silva. Not. A. Fan.
I'm pretty sure AVE has switch kickflips

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ever since I saw his winning Tampa Am run I've just always felt that way. I will say that after seeing his KOTR footage I have come around to him a lot more. It's sort of the same with Stevie Perez, the skating is good but it just doesn't do it for me, personally.

Yeah his Tampa am run was weak to me for some reason too. I like Stevie he just lacks character which I don't know is a good or bad thing

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 4
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2016, 06:10:21 AM »

Over: AO, Gino, Pops, Gillette, Miles, Gilbert Crockett(yea)

Under: Antoine Asselin, Ted De Gros, Pat Burke, Nestor Judkins, Bryce Golder, Jack Kirk, Pretty much all the slave dudes, JEREMY FUCKING WRAY (legend), Nate Broussard, Carlos Iqui for sure, Lil Shmatty?

suicidesexy

• Rep: -5
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2016, 09:38:25 AM »

Under: Antoine Asselin, Ted De Gros, Pat Burke, Nestor Judkins, Bryce Golder, Jack Kirk, Pretty much all the slave dudes, JEREMY FUCKING WRAY (legend), Nate Broussard, Carlos Iqui for sure, Lil Shmatty?

I agree gilette is overrated.  He is a good skateboarder but no where near as good as people seem to think he is.  He basically hopped onto the Dylan train when the iron was hot and essentially rode his coat tails, in my opinion.  When Dylan had to dip out for a while austyn was kind of what was leftover and those team handsome fans ate him up.  I generally dislike the dudes attitude, style (on and off the board), and skating.  Not to sound salty, but it kind of irritates me that someone can become popular like an austyn for basically jacking one of the top skaters styles, who everyone loved in the first place because of how unique he was. 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2016, 09:53:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I agree gilette is overrated.  He is a good skateboarder but no where near as good as people seem to think he is.  He basically hopped onto the Dylan train when the iron was hot and essentially rode his coat tails, in my opinion.  When Dylan had to dip out for a while austyn was kind of what was leftover and those team handsome fans ate him up.  I generally dislike the dudes attitude, style (on and off the board), and skating.  Not to sound salty, but it kind of irritates me that someone can become popular like an austyn for basically jacking one of the top skaters styles, who everyone loved in the first place because of how unique he was. 
You are a goddamned fool. I don't like Dylan, but I love me some Austyn footy
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 918
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2016, 11:18:12 AM »
I realize that calling someone over or underrated is an opinion, but some of your opinions are terrible and I hate you.

straight

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2016, 11:31:00 AM »
I realize that calling someone over or underrated is an opinion, but some of your opinions are terrible and I hate you.

I like your shit talking style. No opinions for anyone to critic. Respect

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You're absolutely off your head.

r.g.

• Rep: 2
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2016, 11:06:09 PM »
Forever underrated Evan Schiefelbine

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2016, 11:23:01 PM »
Marius Syvanen is underrated as fuck. His switch crook to hill bomb in that habitat video is better than the polio vaccine.

Michelle Obama

• Rep: 3
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2016, 11:36:54 PM »
Nick Garcia, but it's his own fault for being on Element

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2016, 12:00:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ave has switch kickflips and tre-flips, but he actually never flips his board in his regular stance anymore, and I think he admitted as much in an interview. I'm not bashing AVE, as the guy hits ledges with an aggression that is unmatched, in whatever stance and I love his style. I just re-watched his Propellor part and his Mindfield part, between them he doesn't flip his board in his regular stance once (outside of the vert clip in mindfield). He fakie flips out of crooks twice in propellor, but almost all of his flip tricks are switch (kickflips, tres and heelflips). My main point is AVE probably wouldn't look good at a BATB situation, but who cares, he has other aspects that make his skating amazing. I don't think not having switch stuff is that big a gripe. I love Westgates skating, and he is another guy who rarely has anything switch (although he did better at BATB than Mason Silva.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2016, 10:17:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Ave has switch kickflips and tre-flips, but he actually never flips his board in his regular stance anymore, and I think he admitted as much in an interview. I'm not bashing AVE, as the guy hits ledges with an aggression that is unmatched, in whatever stance and I love his style. I just re-watched his Propellor part and his Mindfield part, between them he doesn't flip his board in his regular stance once (outside of the vert clip in mindfield). He fakie flips out of crooks twice in propellor, but almost all of his flip tricks are switch (kickflips, tres and heelflips). My main point is AVE probably wouldn't look good at a BATB situation, but who cares, he has other aspects that make his skating amazing. I don't think not having switch stuff is that big a gripe. I love Westgates skating, and he is another guy who rarely has anything switch (although he did better at BATB than Mason Silva.

Danny Way
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2016, 11:09:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i saw austyn skate LES park in new york 4 years ago after the manny mania contest and his board control was just fucking unreal even though he just cruised around to get warmed up. so, ok on taking over a different clothing style and whatnot but you just can't deny his skill on a skateboard! EVER

notcool

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2016, 11:22:05 AM »
I'm sure I'll get shit for this but Chico Brenes probably the most overrated pro I can think of.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2016, 12:06:03 PM »
Nick Garcia, but it's his own fault for being on Element

hate on element on you want but i wouldn't mind riding for element when it comes to business they seem to do it right.  It seems like they have an extensive travel budget the graphics got better the wood is good and their checks clear all the time not to mention insurance etc. Hell element got Boo a new car when he was on.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2016, 01:06:05 PM »
I'm sure I'll get shit for this but Chico Brenes probably the most overrated pro I can think of.
You are right, you will get shit. Chico is the man! Smooth as fuck and still has some wild moves. He's not some street league superstar with a pro shoe on Nike or anything. He's an OG with style

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2016, 01:12:42 PM »
Marius Syvanen is underrated as fuck. His switch crook to hill bomb in that habitat video is better than the polio vaccine.

This I back 100%
The dude is insanely good.

notcool

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2016, 02:13:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You are right, you will get shit. Chico is the man! Smooth as fuck and still has some wild moves. He's not some street league superstar with a pro shoe on Nike or anything. He's an OG with style
you can't do nollie heels forever