Author Topic: New Strobeck Vid "King Puppy" w/GT footage  (Read 17385 times)

Hannity

Re: New Strobeck Vid "King Puppy" w/GT footage
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 08:27:18 AM »
The Van Halen cover of Orbison's beautiful rendition of Pretty Woman was shit, didn't fit at all with GT killing the bowl.
Expand Quote
i kind of agree that this felt like a rushed edit. first half was dope- Gang Starr was perfect choice, but second half did not need to be all GT and all @ the bowl.
maybe he wanted to get this one out the door before the 917 edit dropped on Saturday?
also what was up with everyone's shoes?
[close]
More than confident Strobeck will have little to nothing to do with the 917 edit. Pretty sure Lara and Wilson are the ones responsible for it.
i know, i just meant the timing of it. it's all a big Nike SB advertisement anyway  ::)  ;)

Pauly Walnuts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 08:35:43 AM »
Expand Quote
The Van Halen cover of Orbison's beautiful rendition of Pretty Woman was shit, didn't fit at all with GT killing the bowl.
Expand Quote
i kind of agree that this felt like a rushed edit. first half was dope- Gang Starr was perfect choice, but second half did not need to be all GT and all @ the bowl.
maybe he wanted to get this one out the door before the 917 edit dropped on Saturday?
also what was up with everyone's shoes?
[close]
More than confident Strobeck will have little to nothing to do with the 917 edit. Pretty sure Lara and Wilson are the ones responsible for it.
[close]
i know, i just meant the timing of it. it's all a big Nike SB advertisement anyway  ::)  ;)
gotcha bud
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

BMCsteve

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
I hate to think about how many amazing clips have been wasted because of Strobeck's terrible filming

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 09:19:51 AM »
Expand Quote
KoNsToN On FuCkInG AwEsOmE!!!??!!!??

lol but really that was sick!
GT's bs noseblunt on that barrier was insane
[close]

I doubt it. I don't think he really fits the roster. I'm sure he's just riding their boards (to let everyone know he's cool) till him and Guy get their thing going.
[/quote

god damn some people dont get sarcasm
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

shit_for_brains

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »
I hate anything that tricks me into listening to Van Halen.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
Yeah, yeah, GT was pretty damn impressive, Stroebeck's over-zoom ruins shots more often than it looks cool and street grabs, like everything else, can be done in a stylish way... but how cute is that fucking dog though?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »
At least stop zooming in on the same fucking skaters. We've seen that Sean Pablo glare so many times now.

Grant fucking destroys. No way he will ever leave Anti Hero. Hope he gets paid for this collab. WOuld love to get the shoe but those Supreme fans make buying shit difficult.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 10:04:17 AM »
Anyone know anything about those Cons Sage was wearing with the star on the heel.  I see them on a bunch of riders IGs

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 10:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Street grabs making a come back.
[close]

noticed that while watching spirit quest
I think we have to thank Reese Forbes for kicking that off in cherry.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »
grant taylor in that bowl was like a shark in a fish tank: simply couldn't be contained.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2016, 10:47:20 AM »
please glue a fisheye to bill's camera, i'm getting a migraine.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2016, 11:22:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Grant is great and all, but fuck every single trick like this. They are all some bullshit fling and pray garbage. Literally anybody could do it if they flung their board at a bench long enough, and soon enough, you are going to be going to spots where all the 15 year olds with one rail on their board, converse all stars, and flood pants are spending all day doing the fling and pray, and its going to suck
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

gearingupforgettingdown

• Rep: -149
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2016, 11:28:28 AM »
Nike commercial.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »
Supreme drops releases on Thursday. This is a GT "Grant Taylor" Blazer Supreme shoe that drops on Thursday. The timing of this video is in conjunction of the timing of the release of the shoes.

Everyone knows how Bill Strobeck films and how he zooms in. Stating this is like complaning about lurknyc's aesthetic - you know how it's gonna look before you watch it so either don't watch it, or complain about it like you're saying something profound.

Grant Taylor in the bowl has ushered to the top of my "if you could skate like someone for a day" list. I'll continue to watch that part anytime I have a false inkling of hope that it'll make me skate transition better. Van halen Pretty Woman worked fine by me.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2016, 11:36:50 AM »
Nike commercial.

Yeah no shit. It was literally a commercial for that shoe.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »
GT still the greatest skater in the world, forgot I was watching a gay ass strobeck video which was nice.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2016, 11:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Grant is great and all, but fuck every single trick like this. They are all some bullshit fling and pray garbage. Literally anybody could do it if they flung their board at a bench long enough, and soon enough, you are going to be going to spots where all the 15 year olds with one rail on their board, converse all stars, and flood pants are spending all day doing the fling and pray, and its going to suck

Whatever keeps the kids away from the body varials

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2016, 12:05:32 PM »
dog looks like he's seen some shit, some real rad shit

BMCsteve

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2016, 12:07:23 PM »
Expand Quote

I will personally PayPal you $50 if you can film yourself doing this exact trick over a picnic table

JAesop

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 01:02:08 PM »
I hate to think about how many amazing clips have been wasted because of Strobeck's terrible filming

THANK YOU!!!!
Truth.

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2016, 01:02:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Ill send you another $50
I will personally PayPal you $50 if you can film yourself doing this exact trick over a picnic table

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2016, 01:05:18 PM »
Switch stalefish over the can.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »
Nike commercial.
I don't get this mentality. Did you bitch about the Girl logos in Yeah, Right? Does a high volume of DC shoes in a DC release upset you? Are you gonna watch the new Emerica video and bitch about how it's a Baker commercial? Or is the concept of marketing and advertising flat-out lost on you?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Come on man, at least try and have a LITTLE bit of fun. That shit looks cool and is also insane. I don't think Grant Taylor has ever flung-and-prayed in his entire life--dude oozes pure control.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »
This is Strobeck's equivalent of a pro doing a part with all dork tricks. don't take it seriously and you might enjoy it.

frontsideoverkrook

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote

lighten up you trick elitist, the difference is he probably did it first try as a joke

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 01:45:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm in on the $50 PayPal deal also.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2016, 02:00:34 PM »
gip is all gab. you're keeping your money, folks...

SIMPLY

• Rep: 30
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm in on the $50 PayPal deal also.

Literally anyone can ollie a 20 stair if they jumped down it enough!!