Author Topic: New Strobeck Vid "King Puppy" w/GT footage  (Read 17423 times)

Shitbag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
Re: New Strobeck Vid "King Puppy" w/GT footage
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2016, 02:44:11 PM »
I hate anything that tricks me into listening to Van Halen.
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH Van Halen from 1978-1982 is fucking damn near untouchable in terms of arena rock and I'm sorry if you feel otherwise but they fucking ruled in this era.
I think the intro is heavy as shit and I thought it was gonna cut out at the beginning of Pretty Woman but it wasn't a terrible choice to keep it going but just the instrumental on its own is fire.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
Grant is god. Not a strobeck fan though that shit is terrible. Wish there were alt angles. Also gip, that is in no way a fling and pray. I'm guessing he can do it 95% of the time he tries. Luan and others have that trick on lock as well. You're up to $150 awaiting your fling and prayer though.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »
filming was bad and joe cups used that van halen song better

grant still rules tho

r.i.p. supreme bowl

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2016, 04:02:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH Van Halen from 1978-1982 is fucking damn near untouchable in terms of arena rock and I'm sorry if you feel otherwise but they fucking ruled in this era.
I think the intro is heavy as shit and I thought it was gonna cut out at the beginning of Pretty Woman but it wasn't a terrible choice to keep it going but just the instrumental on its own is fire.

what he said ^^... DLR era-Van Halen is the shit.  All the radio hits leave a bad taste in your mouth but those early records are fucking great.
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/thrasher-radio-ep-43-diver-down/

That intro was used in The House Vid, I believe.

I don't see (although I'm not surprised) how anyone could not enjoy that... 5 minutes of ripping.

Michelle Obama

• Rep: 3
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant is great and all, but fuck every single trick like this. They are all some bullshit fling and pray garbage. Literally anybody could do it if they flung their board at a bench long enough, and soon enough, you are going to be going to spots where all the 15 year olds with one rail on their board, converse all stars, and flood pants are spending all day doing the fling and pray, and its going to suck
[close]

I will personally PayPal you $50 if you can film yourself doing this exact trick over a picnic table
[close]

I'm in on the $50 PayPal deal also.
[close]

Literally anyone can ollie a 20 stair if they jumped down it enough!!

I tried learning the one Carroll does but could never get it good like that

https://youtu.be/8zsBNCABRzU?t=1m48s

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »
gip is all gab. you're keeping your money, folks...

yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 06:16:47 PM »
So the 917 video is going to be free online ?!  ::)

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 06:36:01 PM »
is this $50 flinger challenge available to anyone?

i liked it, but it did feel lazy. that song was used in the last couple years in something more enjoyable. something that GT was in actually...

was that in a wider aspect than usual? im usually kinda into the fat bill filming style, but i felt like he managed to chop off peoples heads and feet in the same shot

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2016, 07:05:07 PM »
I hate to think about how many amazing clips have been wasted because of Strobeck's terrible filming

He really did ruin the clips that he filmed of Tyshawn in Away Days. Imagine if he was the only filmer for his Love Park banger? He fucking blew that so hard

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
Loved it all - the filming, the skating, the music, all of it. Keep it coming, Bill...

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2016, 08:54:22 PM »
This zooming in has to stop. It's so played out after such a short time. The rest ruled!
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 12:18:50 AM »
maybe i m too stoned but somehow the bowl footy looks a little sped up at times- the way he locks into grinds sometimes seems too quick even for gt... loved it though.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2016, 12:26:51 AM »
My head is still spinning with all these zoom in bowl footages...
I honestly don't understand all the hype around strobeck's filming...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2016, 12:49:51 AM »

He over did it. It was cool in Cherry for sure. Different viewing and editing techniques. Now that it's his signature thing, he needs to kill it. Sort of like Ty and his dolly thing.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

asakusa75

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2016, 01:23:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant is great and all, but fuck every single trick like this. They are all some bullshit fling and pray garbage. Literally anybody could do it if they flung their board at a bench long enough, and soon enough, you are going to be going to spots where all the 15 year olds with one rail on their board, converse all stars, and flood pants are spending all day doing the fling and pray, and its going to suck
[close]

I will personally PayPal you $50 if you can film yourself doing this exact trick over a picnic table

Count me in for $50 too buddy. Shit looks hard as fuck if you ask me.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2016, 01:47:24 AM »
Damn, Koston again had a serious trick in a random edit? (after the CPH clip). What's going on? This plus the Yeah Right tape... Feels like a time warp has catapulted me back 15 years, and I like it.

bo bice

• Rep: 84
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2016, 09:41:39 AM »
i'll take bill's manic zoom over that @drpurpleteeth style fisheye-gopro-on-a-stick two inches from dude's foot.  but yeah i wish he'd zoom out a little earlier sometimes, like on Sage's tailslide into the street sign.  kevin's 360 over the trashcan was ridiculous.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2016, 10:47:14 AM »
nauseating for sure.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2016, 11:27:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So to make clear what the challenge is, If I fling the board over a picnic table, put two feet on the ground before the bench, two feet down on the bench, and land back on the board I get $150?

For the record, Grant makes that awful garbage look the best out of anybody, but its still an awful trick, and a ton of not-Grant-Taylor kids will try to copy it, and it will be annoying and obnoxious. mark my words

Also, whats with y'all pretending I'm the only one hating on things here? Are we challenging anybody who hates on Fat Bill to make a video as good as photosynthesis? You can try to pretend I'm the only one being critical, or that I'm the most critical, but if you do, you're fucking delusional.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:33:31 AM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
Grant crushed that bowl

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »
can't hate on jeremy wray in one step beyond
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2016, 12:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
So to make clear what the challenge is, If I fling the board over a picnic table, put two feet on the ground before the bench, two feet down on the bench, and land back on the board I get $150?

For the record, Grant makes that awful garbage look the best out of anybody, but its still an awful trick, and a ton of not-Grant-Taylor kids will try to copy it, and it will be annoying and obnoxious. mark my words

Also, whats with y'all pretending I'm the only one hating on things here? Are we challenging anybody who hates on Fat Bill to make a video as good as photosynthesis? You can try to pretend I'm the only one being critical, or that I'm the most critical, but if you do, you're fucking delusional.
You were just wrong, that's all. Go do this trick using your fling and pray technique and get back to us.  :-*

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2016, 02:44:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You were just wrong, that's all. Go do this trick using your fling and pray technique and get back to us.  :-*
You want me to do an ugly stupid miracle flip? Fine, maybe while I'm at it I should work on my Todd Falcon moves and Nate Sherwood pressure flips.
Y'all complain about bandwagon shit, but have to wait until somebody like me takes the first swipe and it gets approved by the masses. If its GT and Supreme, then you fuckin' love the emperors new clothes.

IHOP

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »
Doesn't really mean anything, but I happened to be at gardner when grant did the fling and pray and it took 10+ tries.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2016, 02:50:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
You want me to do an ugly stupid miracle flip? Fine, maybe while I'm at it I should work on my Todd Falcon moves and Nate Sherwood pressure flips.
Y'all complain about bandwagon shit, but have to wait until somebody like me takes the first swipe and it gets approved by the masses. If its GT and Supreme, then you fuckin' love the emperors new clothes.
so what you're saying is you can't do the trick that anybody could do.

austinfuckingthomas

• Rep: 0
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2016, 02:52:39 PM »
I normally enjoy Strobecks edits but this one just didn't do it for me.

For everyone complaining about his style of filming in his Bobshirt interview he briefly says that he doesn't use fisheye anymore so I guess this is what we will have to get used to.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
where did you get that from?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2016, 04:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
where did you get that from?

from the post you literally wrote yesterday and is even in bold text...that you just quoted.
yeesh.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2016, 06:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Correct. If you can do it in one fluid motion and it flips like the Grant version. I got $50 on it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2016, 07:17:43 PM »
I'd be willing to be Grant can't make it flip exactly like that again, which is exactly what makes it a stupid fling and pray thing.
Also, you are moving the goal posts by saying it has to be done as fluidly as he does. Nobody anywhere can do anything on a skateboard as fluidly as Grant does. Those annoying little shits at spots DEFINITELY won't do it as fluidly as Grant does,and that's the pretty much the entirety of my point.