Author Topic: New Strobeck Vid "King Puppy" w/GT footage  (Read 17444 times)

iwishilivedinfinla

Re: New Strobeck Vid "King Puppy" w/GT footage
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2016, 08:56:45 PM »
yo guys shut up

you're making us all look bad for being such fucking dorks

say what you want about any of this forced garbage that we all still love to watch... the last half of that with GT being filmed by Strobeck at the Supreme bowl was pretty fucking neat - and Pretty Woman really pumped my nads

Casey Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2016, 10:02:56 PM »
Super bummed. I wanted to watch all this but I had to stop. The filming is just too nauseating. Which sucks, because bill used to be my all time favorite filmer ever. Now I can't watch his edits anymore.

Damnit.

foureyedjim

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2016, 10:13:24 PM »
I'd be willing to be Grant can't make it flip exactly like that again, which is exactly what makes it a stupid fling and pray thing.
Also, you are moving the goal posts by saying it has to be done as fluidly as he does. Nobody anywhere can do anything on a skateboard as fluidly as Grant does. Those annoying little shits at spots DEFINITELY won't do it as fluidly as Grant does,and that's the pretty much the entirety of my point.
Dude...I know you've seen enough skate videos to know that that trick is nothing novel.  People have done it before.  It's not pop and pray, it's a deliberate tre flip...much different from, say, (sorry GOKU) those guys at fancy lad.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2016, 10:30:40 PM »
That's a tre flip now? hahaha holy shit...
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2016, 10:44:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant is great and all, but fuck every single trick like this. They are all some bullshit fling and pray garbage. Literally anybody could do it if they flung their board at a bench long enough, and soon enough, you are going to be going to spots where all the 15 year olds with one rail on their board, converse all stars, and flood pants are spending all day doing the fling and pray, and its going to suck
[close]

I will personally PayPal you $50 if you can film yourself doing this exact trick over a picnic table
[close]

Count me in for $50 too buddy. Shit looks hard as fuck if you ask me.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2016, 01:24:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Grant is great and all, but fuck every single trick like this. They are all some bullshit fling and pray garbage. Literally anybody could do it if they flung their board at a bench long enough, and soon enough, you are going to be going to spots where all the 15 year olds with one rail on their board, converse all stars, and flood pants are spending all day doing the fling and pray, and its going to suck
[close]

I will personally PayPal you $50 if you can film yourself doing this exact trick over a picnic table
[close]

Count me in for $50 too buddy. Shit looks hard as fuck if you ask me.
[close]
So to make clear what the challenge is, If I fling the board over a picnic table, put two feet on the ground before the bench, two feet down on the bench, and land back on the board I get $150?

For the record, Grant makes that awful garbage look the best out of anybody, but its still an awful trick, and a ton of not-Grant-Taylor kids will try to copy it, and it will be annoying and obnoxious. mark my words

Also, whats with y'all pretending I'm the only one hating on things here? Are we challenging anybody who hates on Fat Bill to make a video as good as photosynthesis? You can try to pretend I'm the only one being critical, or that I'm the most critical, but if you do, you're fucking delusional.

stepped on table once

stoked yr rep is -666 tho  \m/
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2016, 06:08:33 AM »
i've known guys who had this on lock (obviously not over pick nick tables) and was luan doing them first time into nose manuals at street league dorking around during practice?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2016, 07:59:40 AM »
This thread is more concerned with the street clown trick than with the grind from deep to shallow or the seat belt grab.  Is there a forum for people who skate transition?

bo golden

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2016, 09:13:40 AM »
Damn, Koston again had a serious trick in a random edit? (after the CPH clip). What's going on? This plus the Yeah Right tape... Feels like a time warp has catapulted me back 15 years, and I like it.

what cph clip?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2016, 09:50:27 AM »
I'd be willing to be Grant can't make it flip exactly like that again, which is exactly what makes it a stupid fling and pray thing.
Also, you are moving the goal posts by saying it has to be done as fluidly as he does. Nobody anywhere can do anything on a skateboard as fluidly as Grant does. Those annoying little shits at spots DEFINITELY won't do it as fluidly as Grant does,and that's the pretty much the entirety of my point.
In Gipper's defense, this is true, the original bet was that he couldn't do the trick (that anyone could do if they tried long enough). It shouldn't have to be as nice as GT, although you're backpedaling saying that was "pretty much the entirety of your point".

That's a tre flip now? hahaha holy shit...

Yes, don't pretend to be shocked, you've been skating long enough to see the 360 kickflip rotation.

i've known guys who had this on lock (obviously not over pick nick tables) and was luan doing them first time into nose manuals at street league dorking around during practice?

Yes he was.

And on top of that, David has not one but two trick tip videos regarding this very trick, which flips exactly the same every time.

Not trying to get down on you Gipper, but come on.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:54:30 AM by Grind King Rims »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2016, 10:40:06 AM »
I thought Grant's table trick was fucking cool. It's cool because you would never expect GT to do that sort of shit. Yeah I'd understand if he did one in every single one of his parts, but this is the first time he's done this on film and its unexpected. That makes it fucking cool. And the way he did it...cmon its fucking GT!

I personally loved the filming of GT in the preme bowl. I don't know it was just mesmerizing.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2016, 11:44:26 AM »
gip just do it and collect your $200 and pass go
good come sausage

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2016, 11:46:10 AM »
This thread is more concerned with the street clown trick than with the grind from deep to shallow or the seat belt grab.� Is there a forum for people who skate transition?
The lein to tail where he smashes the light is fucking rad too.

So, here's a question back on track- Grant is obviously flying around the bowl at insane speeds, also, Strobeck's zoom thing is frustrating for so many reasons, but did anybody think in the specific case of skating the bowl that it added to the frantic and speedy feeling of his skating?

and yes, I appreciate -666.... "I'm your enemy"

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2016, 11:58:43 AM »
Expand Quote
This thread is more concerned with the street clown trick than with the grind from deep to shallow or the seat belt grab.� Is there a forum for people who skate transition?
[close]

So, here's a question back on track- Grant is obviously flying around the bowl at insane speeds, also, Strobeck's zoom thing is frustrating for so many reasons, but did anybody think in the specific case of skating the bowl that it added to the frantic and speedy feeling of his skating?

Yeah, I definitely got that feeling too. I'm not sure if he was slipping out more often in this bowl or if Strobeck just decided to include that footage, but it felt like GT was going too fast and hard for the size of that thing.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2016, 11:58:53 AM »

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2016, 12:31:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I definitely got that feeling too. I'm not sure if he was slipping out more often in this bowl or if Strobeck just decided to include that footage, but it felt like GT was going too fast and hard for the size of that thing.
I loved how it was filmed, it felt frantic and chaotic.  It totally worked here.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »

Who's backpedaling? In all reality, a bunch of people have subtly supported my point, and asked to keep the focus on the video instead of our bickering so I obliged.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2016, 01:13:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Who's backpedaling? In all reality, a bunch of people have subtly supported my point, and asked to keep the focus on the video instead of our bickering so I obliged.
bullshit. more posters have mocked you by offering $50 apiece to get you to fulfill your ridiculous claim than anything else. "literally anybody" could do a no comply 360 flip over a picnic table? you won't come through because you can't. you're full of shit, as per usual.

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
Do you guys remember COTG mini ramp challenge?

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2016, 02:11:19 PM »

Just film the trick which ever way you can do it or shut the fuck up. I'll up my payday to $100.

bo golden

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn, Koston again had a serious trick in a random edit? (after the CPH clip). What's going on? This plus the Yeah Right tape... Feels like a time warp has catapulted me back 15 years, and I like it.
[close]

what cph clip?

seriously. i want to see it.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just film the trick which ever way you can do it or shut the fuck up. I'll up my payday to $100.

Not hating Gip, you're hall of fame in this place, but I'd love to see this and will also up my pay.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what cph clip?
[close]

I think it's this:

bo golden

« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2016, 03:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what cph clip?
[close]

[close]

I think it's this:

that was sick! thanks man!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2016, 04:03:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
bullshit. more posters have mocked you by offering $50 apiece to get you to fulfill your ridiculous claim than anything else. "literally anybody" could do a no comply 360 flip over a picnic table? you won't come through because you can't. you're full of shit, as per usual.
I may be full of shit, but I stand by my full of shit statements and am not back peddling

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2016, 04:52:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
I may be full of shit, but I stand by my full of shit statements and am not back peddling
you aren't going to do it, therefore you do not stand by your claim. trying to duck it is backpedaling. you got served.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2016, 05:03:49 PM »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2016, 05:48:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
you aren't going to do it, therefore you do not stand by your claim. trying to duck it is backpedaling. you got served.
Who says? I haven't said that. That's you. Stick to photoshopping, because when you post words you come off as a moron. I get it, you think there's no way I could slam my board into something so it flips over it, then take 4 steps to jump back on it with some circusy shit, but your opinion doesn't mean I'm back peddling.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2016, 06:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Who says? I haven't said that. That's you. Stick to photoshopping, because when you post words you come off as a moron. I get it, you think there's no way I could slam my board into something so it flips over it, then take 4 steps to jump back on it with some circusy shit, but your opinion doesn't mean I'm back peddling.
no one thinks you could do it, not even you. that's why you won't step up and do something that "literally anyone could do" and collect the money. because you can't and you are wrong. stick to berating children, because mentally, you're still at that age.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2016, 06:18:15 PM »
Gip you do realize he's not bashing his board against the table to make it flip, right?