Author Topic: DIY Spots  (Read 3261 times)

Coenobita

Re: DIY Spots
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 07:12:18 AM »
thanks tay! you're right, it's an abandoned shoe factory and that ledge faces thick woods for about 20 ft followed by train tracks. we called it 'hobo hideout' and asides an occasional homeless gentleman we had our run of the place. we'd go inside and skate, some giant slant banks and other neat stuff in there but only i could shimmy up a pole and into a broken window so when i opened the door a silent alarm would alert the police. they were actually ok about it and just asked how we got in [which we denied].
it's on worcester's historic buildings list so people are fighting to keep it from getting destroyed for nostalgia's sake and i can get behind that. i'd rather see it remain abandoned than become lofts for the rich but i spose either scenario would be preferable than what they'd replace it w/ if they tore her down.
funny story, i tried to take rusty there but the quick way is up a hill and hanging onto a fence w/ your ass 15 feet above traffic for a quick second and he got spooked and never saw it. told him after 'there is another safer way, it's just a lot more walking'.
heh, i was mad at him for about 5 minutes then he took a photo of a mosaic that looks like it's of a bolshevik but it's prolly the owner of the former shoe factory and we started talking about art, bad feeling past.

You should film a little part in there, if you wanna! I'd love to see it. Dear Lord, sounds terrifying to get to. We had a similar historically protected spot we DIY'ed, which ending up getting the "okay" from local government. Your little spot seems super fun, hope it sticks around.  :)

shark tits

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 07:54:57 AM »
heh, it's only scary for a brief second that way and there is a waaaay longer but safer way, a 2 hundred yard hike w/ 2 or 3 easy climbs [one has a ladder] but i'm about getting there fast, acrophobia be damned! [that means fear of heights, right?]
don't want to derail the thread but this is inside the building. not DIY cause i didn't build these lovely slant banks but we did carry the file cabinet up a flight of stairs for lines.
if i had a friend i'd love to film stuff but right now i'm not associating w/ anyone i usedta do drugs w/ so i don't have anyone left. alas.

ps getting inside is a bit terrifying or hard on your upper body if this is what you're referring to^ but only for me cause i unlock the door for everyone else cause for a fact bruh man and dirtnek were not following me up a pole and through a busted out window.

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »
I made a couple curbs, and a curb/cinder block rail for this weird foundation spot around here, but I either used too much water or didn't agitate it enough to get all of the air bubbles out because it ended up being kind of brittle. The curbs have been workable just on the ground but the rail is kind of a dud, which sucks, but I guess I could always throw some metal on the edges to compensate.

I found another foundation spot that I think would be fun to build but it's been hard to get motivated to do it without much help. Maybe I'll try to get some friends excited about it and get it going again.

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2016, 01:09:48 PM »
Having recently moved to Bremerton and suffering from lack of skate spots my friend and I decided to build a concrete ledge. Surprisingly to me, it turned out to be a cheap and easy project. Which has gotten me thinking about building a bank, perhaps three feet or so feet high. I've poured cement before but always had shoddy results. I've been brushing up on my masonry knowledge, but would appreciate any tips or tricks. If you have some DIY work of your own, feel free to share.

It feels like a world of opportunity has opened up, and I couldn't be happier!  :)

Bremerton has good spots I heard. Never went when I was living in WA. But check out the insta bremertonspots or something like that. Should pop up! Good luck

Jagr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Having recently moved to Bremerton and suffering from lack of skate spots my friend and I decided to build a concrete ledge. Surprisingly to me, it turned out to be a cheap and easy project. Which has gotten me thinking about building a bank, perhaps three feet or so feet high. I've poured cement before but always had shoddy results. I've been brushing up on my masonry knowledge, but would appreciate any tips or tricks. If you have some DIY work of your own, feel free to share.

It feels like a world of opportunity has opened up, and I couldn't be happier!  :)
[close]

Bremerton has good spots I heard. Never went when I was living in WA. But check out the insta bremertonspots or something like that. Should pop up! Good luck

Thank gourd for bremertonspots. By far my favorite city, aside from Seattle I guess, to skate in WA. Maybe even more than Seattle.