Author Topic: Save HDV plaza  (Read 689 times)

Manolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
Save HDV plaza
« on: November 12, 2016, 08:07:02 AM »
Another classic plaza about to be destroyed.... take a sec to sign the petition if you can. Thanks.

https://www.change.org/p/save-hotel-de-ville-plaza?lang=en-US

"In november 2016 the city of Lyon announced that it would soon be renovating its legendary Louis Pradel plaza (also known as ?Hotel De Ville?) in order to make it impossible for skateboarders to use it.
The works are scheduled to begin in January 2017 and the new incarnation of the plaza, from which skateboarders will be banned, is to be delivered that summer. Skateboarders of all ages and backgrounds have been harmoniously sharing the space with pedestrians for over 20 years. It has been featured in countless international videos and magazines and the influence it continues to have on skateboard culture is priceless.
As the largest group to use it on a daily basis we should have been reached out to from the early stages of the planning process.
Given it was never the case, we?ve decided to mobilize to make sure we are brought into the discussion. There is no reason why skateboarders should not be allowed to continue bringing life to this iconic public square."

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:15:21 AM by Manolo »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
Re: Save HDV plaza
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:27:54 AM »
signed. truely an iconic spot. i've been there in 2010 and it was amazing.
very hard to skate. the videoclips just don't do it justice. hope HDV stays.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: Save HDV plaza
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 10:14:47 AM »
Signed dat shit. I always wondered what the name of that spot was, now I do.