Author Topic: Skate 4 - Make EA Skate Again  (Read 6951 times)

AdrianLopez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Skate 4 - Make EA Skate Again
« on: October 07, 2016, 01:06:27 PM »
I know it's the Berrics and all, but seriously, we need Skate 4 on Xbox or PS4. I currently don't own the latest consoles but I would get one of them in a heart beat if only Skate 4 came out.

Friends, skateboarders, lend me your ears! We want a fourth edition of EA's much-loved SKATE series?and we want it yesterday. Last week, we made our intentions crystal clear. With our #MAKEeaSKATEAGAIN campaign, we fired the opening salvo. Our fellow skateboarders, those who thought that the possibility of SKATE 4 was just a pipe dream, became empowered. We're ending years of silence.

Thousands upon thousands of comments later, we are getting closer to the moment of truth. And we will NOT STOP until we receive confirmation that SKATE 4 is in the works. Let your voice be heard, and follow @MAKEeaSKATEAGAIN for updates on our campaign. #MAKEeaSKATEAGAIN

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

slapshakle

• Rep: 17
Re: Skate 4 - Make EA Skate Again
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 01:51:17 PM »
EA shut down Black Box a few years ago. It's not happening anytime soon.

palenimbus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
go outside and actually skate, ya losers!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »
I'll forgive them for getting rid of the black box team when Battlefield 1 finally comes out. I don't want a skating game, i can do that in real life, but i can't fight in WWI in real life.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »
i can't do a switch flip back noseblunt down a handrail in real life.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 06:45:12 PM »
Video games  :D

EA Skate   :D

AdrianLopez   :D

If I gain 50lbs and get acne I'll spring for the Gears 4 Bundle, at the ripe price of only $600!

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »
Make BA Skate Again

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »
fucking berra trying to take pewdiepies skate hype... although i can agree with berra on this subject.

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 07:44:37 PM »
I don't want a skating game, i can do that in real life,

fuck your real life, I want to pretend I'm a pro skater in a video game and do switch backside flips over picnic tables. Actually my self esteem is too low and I have created a character who is the pro skater, he used to be sponsored by eS before the whole hiatus thing and then I lost interest. The video was way longer than it should of been, would of been fine if it was as long as his mindfield part.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 07:59:03 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't want a skating game, i can do that in real life,
[close]

fuck your real life, I want to pretend I'm a pro skater in a video game and do switch backside flips over picnic tables. Actually my self esteem is too low and I have created a character who is the pro skater, he used to be sponsored by eS before the whole hiatus thing and then I lost interest. The video was way longer than it should of been, would of been fine if it was as long as his mindfield part.

Pshhh acting like my real life is awesome

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 11:06:30 PM »
Sadly I doubt it will ever come out

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 11:45:16 PM »
It's a shameless attempt at getting more hits on the berrics.....how often does bringing anything back work better? 

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 03:15:17 AM »
On a related note, does anyone else just make real life skaters in Skate 3?

I tried making a Grosso but I couldn't make him fat enough...

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 07:47:18 AM »
EA shut down Black Box a few years ago. It's not happening anytime soon.

There's no reason another in-house EA studio couldn't take up the reigns. EA owns the IP, they could license it out to anyone.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 09:03:01 PM »
I'm sure none of you watched the video, but that was extremely disturbing.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 09:10:48 PM »
I'm sure none of you watched the video, but that was extremely disturbing.
the close up of steves face in the thumbnail is already enough to give me the heebie jeebies

roscoemoore1

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
so is this actually gaining any traction? or just an instagram plug for berra

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 12:41:05 AM »
It'd be cool to play a new Skate version and all, but I don't really see how they could evolve to the next step as a game. Besides having diff spots/pro-skaters, I'm thinking they reached a creative peak with the 3rd one. Kinda like every new THPS version: its more or less the same shit every time. Then again, this is coming from someone who doesn't play video games that much these days.

Maybe Berra just wants to get the Berrics into a closer partnership with EA or something (take Black box's former space), which is smart I guess.

Eric ricks

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 01:56:04 AM »
Im still trying to kickflip over the bridge in skate 3...

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 03:39:04 AM »
After watching a good amount of that video I switched my position from neutral to 'fuck that bullshit'.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 05:29:15 AM »
skateboarding is in the Olympic Games now, I think its only a matter of time to a proper skate video game comes out. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2016, 02:13:20 PM »
It'd be cool to play a new Skate version and all, but I don't really see how they could evolve to the next step as a game. Besides having diff spots/pro-skaters, I'm thinking they reached a creative peak with the 3rd one. Kinda like every new THPS version: its more or less the same shit every time. Then again, this is coming from someone who doesn't play video games that much these days.

Maybe Berra just wants to get the Berrics into a closer partnership with EA or something (take Black box's former space), which is smart I guess.

The character customization in skate 3 isn't very good, they could heavily expand upon that like having multiple colors of the same shoe and actually adding shoe laces instead of having the skater wear them as if the shoes are still on a wall in a skate shop. I would buy it right away just for new skate spots to explore. A lot of skate 3's spots were like 3x too big (hastings bowl, brooklyn banks, 3rd and army gap) and a lot of the hand rails have unnecessary kinks at the very bottom, I don't think there's a proper kinked handrail in the entire game. They need drop the intention of trying to design good skate spots, me and my friends would always find way better skate spots in GTA IV. As for a new plot, if they can come up with something better than helping your local high school mascot earn money for dance lessons, I would be happy.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2016, 04:17:40 PM »
I bet they already greenlit Skate 4 and are gonna try to validate themselves when it gets announced anyways. EA would shut this shit down if they didn't have a hand in it. They pioneered profiteering in video games.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2016, 04:18:58 PM »
I bet they already greenlit Skate 4 and are gonna try to validate themselves when it gets announced anyways. EA would shut this shit down if they didn't have a hand in it. They pioneered profiteering in video games.

Also fuck them for referencing Donald Trump, even if it is some joke/parody bullshit.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 05:44:45 PM »
lol

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 06:10:01 PM »
go outside and actually skate, ya losers!

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »

I had a similar feeling. This is reeks of a faux viral marketing campaign. I can already see sb saying "this is your game, you made your game, so go out and get your game"

If you want a good skate game go support project: session.  It will be on PC
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 11:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The character customization in skate 3 isn't very good, they could heavily expand upon that like having multiple colors of the same shoe and actually adding shoe laces instead of having the skater wear them as if the shoes are still on a wall in a skate shop. I would buy it right away just for new skate spots to explore. A lot of skate 3's spots were like 3x too big (hastings bowl, brooklyn banks, 3rd and army gap) and a lot of the hand rails have unnecessary kinks at the very bottom, I don't think there's a proper kinked handrail in the entire game. They need drop the intention of trying to design good skate spots, me and my friends would always find way better skate spots in GTA IV. As for a new plot, if they can come up with something better than helping your local high school mascot earn money for dance lessons, I would be happy.
The map in OG skate was the best by far. Everything just flowed so well. I'd be down for an HD remake with all the features of skate 3

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 03:22:49 AM »
Marketing campaign backed by EA at 1000%

I'm not going to buy any new console till skate 4 is released

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 04:30:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That game sucked.
The only character customization I REALLY need for Skate 4 is the ability to remove the fucking stickers from the caps. I might throw my characters off rooftops or make them wear Osiris, but tinfoil stickers on the LIDS are too much for them to bear.

Marketing campaign backed by EA at 1000%

I'm not going to buy any new console till skate 4 is released

Likewise.