Author Topic: RIP Dylan Reider  (Read 123193 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: RIP Dylan Reider
« Reply #540 on: October 12, 2022, 06:09:44 AM »
all prettyboys are engaged in a meta forever war at all times and in all places for the highest levels of tush accessible to humanity and as such im afraid to say while i respect dylan i do not mourn him

elbarto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #541 on: October 12, 2022, 08:11:33 AM »
all prettyboys are engaged in a meta forever war at all times and in all places for the highest levels of tush accessible to humanity and as such im afraid to say while i respect dylan i do not mourn him

This is one of those things that you really just could have not posted…
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

cky enthusiast

« Reply #542 on: October 12, 2022, 08:19:17 AM »
civilians will never understand the struggles of hot boi souljahs

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #543 on: October 12, 2022, 09:21:27 AM »
That Nieratko interview from the previous page was almost as annoying to read as your posts

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #544 on: October 12, 2022, 09:23:25 AM »

CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #545 on: October 12, 2022, 09:29:13 AM »
so are we gonna finally admit the gravis part had some of the fakest steeze ever to grace skateboarding?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
« Reply #546 on: October 12, 2022, 09:33:52 AM »
so are we gonna finally admit the gravis part had some of the fakest steeze ever to grace skateboarding?

CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #547 on: October 12, 2022, 09:35:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ill put that on my tailgate right above my truck nuts

cky enthusiast

« Reply #548 on: October 12, 2022, 09:36:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That Nieratko interview from the previous page was almost as annoying to read as your posts

hit the block button then !!

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #549 on: October 12, 2022, 09:37:03 AM »
His November 2010 Skateboarder interview (Gravis part tricks)

Imagine a parallel Universe where Dylan dated Taylor Swift and they were a big Hollywood couple.

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #550 on: October 12, 2022, 09:42:06 AM »
Fingers crossed this isn't the second video I post this week that the fat lad known as Billiam takes down.

R.I.P your legacy will live forever
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #551 on: October 12, 2022, 09:47:19 AM »
Imagine a parallel Universe where Dylan dated Taylor Swift and they were a big Hollywood couple.

Wait, you didn’t know that’s who ‘Style’ was written about?

Being a contrarian earns you nothing at all, especially when it’s about someone so beloved by our little niche of the world.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #552 on: October 12, 2022, 10:00:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, I can't believe the blatant transphobia by Dylan here. You'd think someone that was around an inclusive activity like skateboarding would have been a little more open minded. Obviously he was influenced by Oblow and we know how much of a evil fake asshole he is, but still sad to see Dylan saying some sad chud shit.
It was 2010 which would have made him around 22? That's still an age where someone could be insecure about masculinity and all that. Just let the dead rest at this point.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #553 on: October 12, 2022, 10:15:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, I can't believe the blatant transphobia by Dylan here. You'd think someone that was around an inclusive activity like skateboarding would have been a little more open minded. Obviously he was influenced by Oblow and we know how much of a evil fake asshole he is, but still sad to see Dylan saying some sad chud shit.
[close]
It was 2010 which would have made him around 22? That's still an age where someone could be insecure about masculinity and all that. Just let the dead rest at this point.
[close]

Making excuses for him is how transphobia continues. Everyone has him on this pedestal but if you ask me it's fucked up he'll get a pass for this just because he was "immature" at the time and tragically passed away. Love his skating but the dude definitely had some fucked up hidden beliefs.

I don't see any judgement in his words, he's even empathetic to their experiences. Aside from using 'trannies' what's so transphobic?

don't have cow man, maybe spend less time online

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #554 on: October 12, 2022, 10:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote
he had a crosley record player
[close]

1:00 lol he really does

Damn! I’m impressed Berle did some homework.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #555 on: October 12, 2022, 11:06:39 AM »
We’re doing it today, fellas - on the anniversary of his death, we are cancelling Dylan Rieder based on an insensitive comment he made to a magazine in 2010.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #556 on: October 12, 2022, 11:21:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Making excuses for him is how transphobia continues. Everyone has him on this pedestal but if you ask me it's fucked up he'll get a pass for this just because he was "immature" at the time and tragically passed away. Love his skating but the dude definitely had some fucked up hidden beliefs.
It blows my mind how you view life through this prism. If giving context is "making an excuse" I don't think we can agree on anything. I think people who are constantly learning and taking in new ideas can agree that things were different in the past and also be forward thinking. What is your end goal here? If you think people revered dylan for thoughts like these and not for his skating and determination, I don't know what to tell you.

For clout? Have you ever had a bestfriend kill themselves because they were constantly bullied and told "you'll never be real woman"? Sorry but this subject hits close to home and will not apologize for standing up for trans people. You don't know me asshole. I'm not trying to cancel shit, I'm just upset that nobody will say shit because he was a "legend".

Unfortunately, your experience isn't as unique as you think. In my case, I don't believe that a celebrated dead skater's offhand poor choice of words is the hill I'd  choose to die on. I tend to use context clues to determine if a person was truly hateful or said some really insensitive things that can be educated more. In this case, the person cannot learn anymore so I would focus on the difference you can make today.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 11:30:03 AM by camel filters »

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #557 on: October 12, 2022, 11:24:08 AM »
Expand Quote
We’re doing it today, fellas - on the anniversary of his death, we are cancelling Dylan Rieder based on an insensitive comment he made to a magazine in 2010.
[close]

If it was Chris Joslin that said it there'd be a 100 page thread about it but some dead pretty boy chud gets a pass because.....???

If any skater said it in 2010 and subsequently died, everyone would say “huh, he was young and dumb and isn’t around to explain himself. It’s best to give him the benefit of the doubt.”

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #558 on: October 12, 2022, 11:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
It blows my mind how you view life through this prism. If giving context is "making an excuse" I don't think we can agree on anything. I think people who are constantly learning and taking in new ideas can agree that things were different in the past and also be forward thinking. What is your end goal here? If you think people revered dylan for thoughts like these and not for his skating and determination, I don't know what to tell you.

It’s an incredibly modern, grim and cynical way to go through the world.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #559 on: October 12, 2022, 11:31:49 AM »
Pulled these out storage. RIP to a real one

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #560 on: October 12, 2022, 11:38:54 AM »
Thanks for posting @Abyss1

If anyone hasn't seen this Real Street part, here it is:

RIP

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #561 on: October 12, 2022, 12:54:56 PM »
Pulled these out storage. RIP to a real one

I actually have that exact issue inside the plastic wrapping as well. Thanks for reminding me that I need to frame it.

RIP

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #562 on: October 12, 2022, 01:01:13 PM »
6 years ago. damn. RIP.

I have a bunch of HUF Dylans sitting in a suitcase/shelf.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #563 on: October 12, 2022, 01:36:37 PM »
RIP, Dylan. I've posted some of his interviews on my blog page, if anyone wants to check them out.

https://skatemagscans.blogspot.com/search/label/Dylan%20Rieder?m=0
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #564 on: October 12, 2022, 02:28:44 PM »
Guessing you weren’t on here then but that was a pretty huge topic so you’re late on that. I don’t see it as overly faked, some spots, but not overall.

And to come after him for apparent transphobic comments like 12 years after and also 6 after his death seems tacky. Obvi bad he had some slightly transphobic statements, yeah he should have been held accountable, but you’re also placing 2022 morals on a 2010 society. Things changed so dramatically in regards to understanding the trans community in the 2010s that trying to call him out on his ignorance feels incredibly forced and holier than thou.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #565 on: October 12, 2022, 02:59:04 PM »
what was transphobic about what he said hahaha “i’m not into that” = “i hate transgenders”

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #566 on: October 12, 2022, 03:17:46 PM »
fuckin hell what just happened here? transphobic?

RIP dylan. you were special and made a hell of an impact on skateboarding, and more importantly, a lot of people.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #567 on: October 12, 2022, 04:48:18 PM »
I didn't notice any transphobic comments in that interview. Generally curious if I missed something? Nieratko being an insufferable twat is the only thing that stood out.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #568 on: October 12, 2022, 04:53:40 PM »
fuckin hell what just happened here? transphobic?

RIP dylan. you were special and made a hell of an impact on skateboarding, and more importantly, a lot of people.

You know the typical Slaphole letting everyone know that if you used the word "tranny" to describe a transgender person in 2010 you're transphobic.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 06:04:10 PM by Style Police »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #569 on: October 12, 2022, 04:57:59 PM »
LOL, if that offended you guys, wait til you see his Halloween choices.

RIP Dylan.