Author Topic: RIP Dylan Reider  (Read 122765 times)

work_lurker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
Re: RIP Dylan Reider
« Reply #570 on: October 12, 2022, 05:19:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
His November 2010 Skateboarder interview (Gravis part tricks)

[close]

Damn, I can't believe the blatant transphobia by Dylan here. You'd think someone that was around an inclusive activity like skateboarding would have been a little more open minded. Obviously he was influenced by Oblow and we know how much of a evil fake asshole he is, but still sad to see Dylan saying some sad chud shit.
[close]
It was 2010 which would have made him around 22? That's still an age where someone could be insecure about masculinity and all that. Just let the dead rest at this point.
[close]

Making excuses for him is how transphobia continues. Everyone has him on this pedestal but if you ask me it's fucked up he'll get a pass for this just because he was "immature" at the time and tragically passed away. Love his skating but the dude definitely had some fucked up hidden beliefs.

Yo @Minilogoflow, go fuck yourself.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #571 on: October 12, 2022, 05:59:19 PM »
Fingers crossed this isn't the second video I post this week that the fat lad known as Billiam takes down.

https://youtu.be/Md8LEkx0ZX4

R.I.P your legacy will live forever

I forgot how beautiful this edit is.

texascybergothic

• Rep: 80
« Reply #572 on: October 12, 2022, 06:45:40 PM »
Did it hurt me as a trans person to read that interview? Yes. I've always been enamoured with Dylan's skating and energy and growing up before I realized I was trans I wanted to be like him. That being said, you cannot hardly open a skate mag from that time without reading something homophobic. It shocks me, but it was a very different time with regard to the understanding of the trans community. Beyond that the interviewer really pushed that shit in a negative direction when it could have just been one off color comment. In my humble opinion we really should mourn the fact that he has passed before he was able to truly learn from that mistake and see the paradigm shift that has happened in skating. I said transphobic shit in my youth, and I am transgender. It's a product of a fucked up world. Perhaps he kicked himself everyday for that language like I do. We'll never know. RIP.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1890
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #573 on: October 12, 2022, 11:21:45 PM »
He single handedly cuffed the pants of entire generation and made Impossibles fashionable.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m