Author Topic: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)  (Read 102554 times)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
Anyone know where I can get a lens cap for the back of an mk1? I've only got the front :(
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
why is it that only does this argument happen with videography in skateboarding? with photography people still use hasselblad 500's with that one fisheye and e-6 film when all that stuff is old technology too and has been used probably just as long as the vx1000/mk1 set up.
hasselblads are film cameras, which is a whole different ball game. Plenty of people still use film for video as well, and its considered just as legit, and many arguments are made for why film is better than digital formats. The VX thing is like is one specific subgroup decided they were going to keep using a 20 year old digital image camera because it was the best back then and they are used to it, something which also doesn't exist in photography.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
I feel like Slap should have a camera/video section.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
I feel like Slap should have a camera/video section.

Yea for real. Would make it feel like Skateperception. Loved that forum I know a lot people didn't but, it would help with so many duplicate topics being posted about camera malfunctions and shit like that.

Phillip Flathead

• Rep: -7
Expand Quote
Anyone know where I can get a lens cap for the back of an mk1? I've only got the front :(
[close]

email century/schneider
Barring that, use some calipers to measure the back outer diameter where the cap would normally fit, and then buy a push on lens cap of that size from bhphotovideo

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
I found the Ty Evans And Atiba Ogio bags on eBay for super cheap. I use the Evans bag for my vx1/ Vx2 and it's accessories and put my two canon DSLRs in the atiba. I don't have that much gear, so the Evans bag is a little much, but if I ever take both VX's out at the same time it's great. Plenty of space for batteries and tapes and such.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
i had a ty II but it got stolen and have not been able to find a replacement on ebay.great bag but i have since just ebay'd "lowepro trekker" and bid on cheap ones. the bags are what ogio modeled theirs after and lowepro's are built better in my opinion.

I saw a shit ton of lowepro bags, but the ogio bags were too good of a deal and I'm too much of a nerd to pass.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:09:37 PM by mattchew »

Grind King Rims

While scrolling through my local advertising site, I've stumbled upon a VX2000 for 150EU and a VX2100 for 180EU, same seller, out in the sticks.
Looks to be good condition, I'm very excited, sent him a message.
Which would be better to get, considering they're pretty much the same price (for that cheap, I don't mind paying the extra if it's worth it).

himlor

• Rep: 18
While scrolling through my local advertising site, I've stumbled upon a VX2000 for 150EU and a VX2100 for 180EU, same seller, out in the sticks.
Which would be better to get, considering they're pretty much the same price (for that cheap, I don't mind paying the extra if it's worth it).

theyre about the same but 21 just feels better (IMO). plus dark grey nicer than silver haha

Grind King Rims

Expand Quote
[close]

theyre about the same but 21 just feels better (IMO). plus dark grey nicer than silver haha

The more I think about it, I think I might grab both and try to sell one. The seller looks legit and they're cheap as chips.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7

The 21 has better sound and slightly better colours. It also feels more sturdy then the 2000. make sure the description the seller writes is actually guaranteeing they work, that way if they don't work your entitled to a refund. The 2000 and 21 are more reliable then the 1000, prob because they are alot younger, but i got my hands on a 2000 that seriously barely worked, it glitched all the time, used to turn on and off on its own, etc. after about 2 months of just using it anyways it randomly started working fine, haven't had an issue with it in ages. just don't play back or rewind footage on them.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal

Not exactly what you're looking for necessarily, but there's some useful information in this thread:

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=89438.msg2439341#msg2439341

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Is this a reasonable price for a cap cam?
I can't find one that is mini dv/firewire for less than $50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-PV-DV400D-PalmSight-MiniDV-Digital-Palmcorder-Camcorder-Video-Camera-/142161812156?hash=item2119811abc:g:pq4AAOSwMVdYEVr9

or this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Handycam-DCR-HC21-Mini-DV-Camcorder-/282236552488?hash=item41b69c0528:g:tKIAAOSwx2dYE8DW
I've been using a VX2100 as a capture camera for the better part of a decade. My best advice is to get the highest quality camera possible to capture footage - way less likely to glitch. Though I do know this could be cost prohibitive.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
this is semi-relevant, but i've got a vx2100 in pretty great shape that i've been looking to get rid of for awhile.

I have a Century MKII bayonet mount as well, pretty much mint condition.

If anybody is interested, give me a shout.

Vx2000Mk1

• Rep: -4
Congrats on your new vx1000 OP! Are you getting a mk1 for it soon? And let's see some pics everyone! I will post mine soon.
Mk1 over bullshit

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
Thanks!
Yeah I have an MK1 for it.
I live in Massachusetts so it's still winter here so no cool footage to post really.
My friends and I have an indoor warehouse spot that I have filmed a bunch at, but you know, it's a warehouse...
Supposed to go out filming some street on Saturday if the weather holds up...

gnidraobetaks

• Rep: 20
Congrats on your new vx1000 OP! Are you getting a mk1 for it soon? And let's see some pics everyone! I will post mine soon.

lets all post dick pics cuz we finally saved 800 dollars.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
where to best buy a mkI if you live in europe?
how much does that  instagram dude charge?

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style

If you are talking about vx1000market, the average price for a MKI in good condition is 500$...
I sax a scratched one for 350$ the other day, way overpriced.

I'll stick to my MKII, plus I found a pretty decent VX2100 on eBay for 275€ to replace my GL2 :)
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

neil.

Expand Quote
[close]

If you are talking about vx1000market, the average price for a MKI in good condition is 500$...

I'll stick to my MKII, plus I found a pretty decent VX2100 on eBay for 275? to replace my GL2 :)

vx1000market charges way more than 500 usd.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'll stick to my MKII, plus I found a pretty decent VX2100 on eBay for 275? to replace my GL2 :)
[close]

yea vx1000market is fucking zoinked. Dude tries to sell them for full retail. Like really? Plus he is a major kook. Best bet is looking on ebay, don't even bother from him.

neil.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

yea vx1000market is fucking zoinked. Dude tries to sell them for full retail. Like really? Plus he is a major kook. Best bet is looking on ebay, don't even bother from him.

Yeah he's a total kook after your purchase is done or if you're shane o neil

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I've heard too many bad stories buying from this guy.

Tried to do a trade of VX1 parts cam for a few parts. I was already stacking the deal in his favor and he made some unreasonable counter-offer. I didn't respond right away and he started back peddling. Definitely not worth it.

And as to him selling fisheyes and front elements (the glass), he's buying those direct from the manufacturer, which any of us could do for the same price.

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
Ugh. Tried filming outside today and VX wasn't agreeing with the cold weather. Tape was glitched like one of the heads was malfunctioning: couple solid bars running across half the footage. So annoying. Such a fickle piece of machinery.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
Ugh. Tried filming outside today and VX wasn't agreeing with the cold weather. Tape was glitched like one of the heads was malfunctioning: couple solid bars running across half the footage. So annoying. Such a fickle piece of machinery.

yep. sounds about right haha. I filmed a lot of stuff in the snow a few months ago and it surprisingly turned out good.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
I've been filming with a Sony Handicam that takes DVDs or a memory card with a baby death lens, it works and is as close to VX type footy that I'd like it to be. If I'm going to film HD I just use my cellphone,I have a Nikon d7100 but fuck that shit.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
Expand Quote
[close]
yep. sounds about right haha. I filmed a lot of stuff in the snow a few months ago and it surprisingly turned out good.

that sucks. mine doesn't even work in "cold" weather conditions.
if it's under 10? c / 50 Fahrenheit the tape will be empty/glitchy.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

that sucks. mine doesn't even work in "cold" weather conditions.
if it's under 10? c / 50 Fahrenheit the tape will be empty/glitchy.

that is very strange. Bad mother board would be my guess..