Author Topic: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)  (Read 59012 times)

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 15
  • I can only post using Mcdonalds wifi
Re: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)
« Reply #630 on: February 23, 2021, 06:29:35 AM »
I had a lens knock the other day and I swear mine went more to the right than ever before.

It's pretty minor and nothing to worry about, to be honest.
lurking n perpetrating

My Youpoop Channel

Ass

• Rep: 3
Re: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)
« Reply #631 on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:55 AM »
Any Canadian's here? Been trying to find some new batteries for my vx1 but haven't had much luck lately finding any one that ships to Canada (Ontario).

Anyone know of anyone that ships vx batteries to Canada ?

BatteryCanada.com

the website looks sketchy and old but i've gotten VX batteries and old VHS camera batteries off of here

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
« Reply #632 on: February 23, 2021, 11:57:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[/url][/img]
My homie's vx lens is uncentered and its super visible on the left side, how can we fix that ?
[close]

when it's minor like this, you can correct it by opening the whole vx and mess with some screws inside the VAP. it's not worth the struggle imo.

I heard you can turn on steady shot and tilt the camera until the vig looks even then turn SS off as the vig will now be "locked" in that position. This only works with something minor like the above image.

doyle

• Rep: 134
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #633 on: February 23, 2021, 03:04:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Any Canadian's here? Been trying to find some new batteries for my vx1 but haven't had much luck lately finding any one that ships to Canada (Ontario).

Anyone know of anyone that ships vx batteries to Canada ?
[close]

BatteryCanada.com

the website looks sketchy and old but i've gotten VX batteries and old VHS camera batteries off of here

Doesn't look like they've got any NP-F730Hs (the ones with the cutouts for VX1000s) on there.

Here are some available on Amazon (I just bought 2). These same ones pop up on eBay from time to time as well - I've got one from there and it's been working great.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
    • tumblr
« Reply #634 on: February 23, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[/url][/img]
My homie's vx lens is uncentered and its super visible on the left side, how can we fix that ?
[close]

when it's minor like this, you can correct it by opening the whole vx and mess with some screws inside the VAP. it's not worth the struggle imo.
[close]

I heard you can turn on steady shot and tilt the camera until the vig looks even then turn SS off as the vig will now be "locked" in that position. This only works with something minor like the above image.

Honestly its hard to get perfect vig. I don't know anyone that has perfect vig on any vx. It has to do something with the 3ccd's aligned. And after one too many lens hits it will nudge it over. And that vig isn't even that bad.

bataaard

• Rep: 9
« Reply #635 on: February 25, 2021, 01:29:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[/url][/img]
[close]

[close]

tried this steadyshot trick several times, never worked for me.

upsidedownboardslide

• Rep: 0
Hey fellow Slap lurkers, to prevent mic droop, what are your solutions? I've seen different types of styrofoam and was wondering what the best type would be and how to get it.

Thanks!

pedro_mayn

Hey fellow Slap lurkers, to prevent mic droop, what are your solutions? I've seen different types of styrofoam and was wondering what the best type would be and how to get it.

Thanks!

I've got a flannel folded together that works well, before that I used to use two pieces of foam. Anything that isn't going to push it up or be squashed under pressure too much will suffice.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 10:06:48 AM by pedro_mayn »
lurking n perpetrating

My Youpoop Channel

pedro_mayn

Had a weird experience today and I'm hoping someone can point out what's happened, cause I've got a feeling it's going to happen again soon;

I had setup ready to film, had my fisheye on and the MRC1 hooked up as per norm. I noticed an odd sensation when moving the VX around, like something was loose and moving around. I thought maybe it's the bayonet mount and/or the Tadashi filter being ever so loose, but I couldn't see anything shifting around those particular areas and it felt within the front end of the camera (possibly where the VAP unit is?) Well when I looked through the fisheye in on the lens of the VX1 there was a noticable piece of glass moving around inside.

We watched back the footy and from where this glass was moving around it was unwatchable since everything was being shifted around.

I get home and I take the camera out (attaching the lens, to see if it's the weight of the mk1 causing it) and it's gone? I mean, there's always been some ever so slight play on the front of the VX1s I've noticed, so could it be perhaps something got knocked or pulled out slightly, causing this glass to loosen inside?

Any help would be appreciated as I know I'll be all happy it's gone and on a heavy sesh it'll rear its ugly head.
lurking n perpetrating

My Youpoop Channel

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
    • tumblr

Thanks!

some foam is what I used

Safarisuit

• Rep: 0

Thanks!

I cut a piece out of a mr clean magic eraser

Thomas

• Rep: 17
  • no pop no style
Had a weird experience today and I'm hoping someone can point out what's happened, cause I've got a feeling it's going to happen again soon;

I had setup ready to film, had my fisheye on and the MRC1 hooked up as per norm. I noticed an odd sensation when moving the VX around, like something was loose and moving around. I thought maybe it's the bayonet mount and/or the Tadashi filter being ever so loose, but I couldn't see anything shifting around those particular areas and it felt within the front end of the camera (possibly where the VAP unit is?) Well when I looked through the fisheye in on the lens of the VX1 there was a noticable piece of glass moving around inside.

We watched back the footy and from where this glass was moving around it was unwatchable since everything was being shifted around.

I get home and I take the camera out (attaching the lens, to see if it's the weight of the mk1 causing it) and it's gone? I mean, there's always been some ever so slight play on the front of the VX1s I've noticed, so could it be perhaps something got knocked or pulled out slightly, causing this glass to loosen inside?

Any help would be appreciated as I know I'll be all happy it's gone and on a heavy sesh it'll rear its ugly head.

I'm not sure I understood correctly, but maybe it is the outside glass of your VX ?
There is a sticker with the lens specifications on the front, but if you remove this sticker you can remove the glass. Maybe it is not tighten correctly ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

pedro_mayn

Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not sure I understood correctly, but maybe it is the outside glass of your VX ?
There is a sticker with the lens specifications on the front, but if you remove this sticker you can remove the glass. Maybe it is not tighten correctly ?

I'm not sure on what the correct name of the particular part inside, but there's another two or possibly three pieces of glass other than the front element - the one I could see was inside, falling backwards and forwards when the camera was moved. But yeah I reckon the front of the camera its self was loose, so when I put it back in my bag it probably got pressed together and tightened back up.

Either ways its off for repairs and will get looked at!
lurking n perpetrating

My Youpoop Channel