Author Topic: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)  (Read 102549 times)

allenalexander and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

twic3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
If memory serves, I think that when you remove the bayo from the VX1MK1, the screw size is 82mm.

Can someone confirm this for me? What are my camera options to use my MK1 on if my VX1 is toasted. (without buying another VX)

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote
If memory serves, I think that when you remove the bayo from the VX1MK1, the screw size is 82mm.
[close]

Can someone confirm this for me? What are my camera options to use my MK1 on if my VX1 is toasted. (without buying another VX)

I can't confirm that one (I think the MK2 is 82mm but the MK1 is smaller), but these Universal MK1 adapters just came out yesterday which will save you the hassle of trying to figure out that thread size (for $150...)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
Can’t believe MK1’s are going for 3K now, so bonkers. Did that 20 year anniversary release ever happen?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

pj chad

• Rep: 7
Expand Quote
[close]

I ended up taking off the bayo on my mk1, and the screw size looked about 75mm. I DM’ed the vx_fisheye_sales IG account asking if they could tell me what the mm size was, but no response. If you ever  find out the exact screw size, please let us know!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 03:50:58 PM by pj chad »

doyle

Can’t believe MK1’s are going for 3K now, so bonkers. Did that 20 year anniversary release ever happen?

After the IG posts telling people to reach out to [email protected] in January (2021), they sent out an email in September saying things were in motion with a link to this website: https://buymk1.com/

And then crickets since then.

bataaard

• Rep: 40
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I ended up taking off the bayo on my mk1, and the screw size looked about 75mm. I DM’ed the vx_fisheye_sales IG account asking if they could tell me what the mm size was, but no response. If you ever  find out the exact screw size, please let us know!

I didn't find the screw size either so ended up using this trick:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDgHiNql2LV/

looking forward to the "universal mk1 adapter". it seems sturdier than my method.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image

3 bills right now??? Now I know when to sell for when I need to buy a house.

ArnoCartable

• Rep: 0
Hi,

I have a problem I can't figure out:

When I got my VX1 about a year and a half ago I was trying to export tapes using another camcorder (TRV11E) but the pictures were all glitchy. I then reached out to VX filmers from my area and one told me to try watching my tapes using my VX1 to figure out if it was the tapes or the camcorder that was fucked up (He told my it was a callibration issue). While watching from the viewfinder the picture was clear so I bought a Firewire cable and two adaptator to export the tapes from my VX to my computer with iMovie. And it worked !!!
But every now and then the "screenrecord" used in iMovie jump and glitch so instead of having like two or three 20 minutes parts for a tapes i have like 30 part that last 0.2 seconds for one line. And because of that parts of tricks and lines are missing.
I'm sorry if it's blurry but I'm struggling to explain it.

I don't know if some of you use iMovie to export tapes.

After all that I was thinking if I should invest in a secondary camera to export tapes but I was wondering if the callibratiion glitches I got will still happen ?

Maybe I should try buying a cleaning tape but I'm a bit lost with all those things.

Thanks for helping me guys !!

8) 8) 8) 8)

nickpaolucci

Hi,

I have a problem I can't figure out:

When I got my VX1 about a year and a half ago I was trying to export tapes using another camcorder (TRV11E) but the pictures were all glitchy. I then reached out to VX filmers from my area and one told me to try watching my tapes using my VX1 to figure out if it was the tapes or the camcorder that was fucked up (He told my it was a callibration issue). While watching from the viewfinder the picture was clear so I bought a Firewire cable and two adaptator to export the tapes from my VX to my computer with iMovie. And it worked !!!
But every now and then the "screenrecord" used in iMovie jump and glitch so instead of having like two or three 20 minutes parts for a tapes i have like 30 part that last 0.2 seconds for one line. And because of that parts of tricks and lines are missing.
I'm sorry if it's blurry but I'm struggling to explain it.

I don't know if some of you use iMovie to export tapes.

After all that I was thinking if I should invest in a secondary camera to export tapes but I was wondering if the callibratiion glitches I got will still happen ?

Maybe I should try buying a cleaning tape but I'm a bit lost with all those things.

Thanks for helping me guys !!

8) 8) 8) 8)

try a headcleaning tape on your capture cam.

pj chad

• Rep: 7
I wanted to know for sure, so I bought a digital caliper. On my VX1000 MK1 bayomount lens, when I remove the bayoring, the screw on the MK1 itself is 75mm

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk

i see people on ebay trying to sell their lenses for upwards of 3k but every lens that i see that is 3k or more i just troll them by sending offers and not responding when they are ready to sell. fuck these people gouging their lenses

i dont think the 20th year thing happened at all.

doyle

Expand Quote
[close]

i see people on ebay trying to sell their lenses for upwards of 3k but every lens that i see that is 3k or more i just troll them by sending offers and not responding when they are ready to sell. fuck these people gouging their lenses

i dont think the 20th year thing happened at all.

Yeah, there's a difference between what people are trying to sell them for, and what people are actually selling them for. If you look at Sold Items on eBay most seem to be around $1500 with a couple exceptions (but none that I've seen over $2500). The insta resellers are a different story though - they seem to keep their prices private unless you're actually serious about buying, but also often have brand new lenses available.

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 16
This link popped up via Instagram a while back, asking to enroll via email for notifications on when the MK1 25th anniversary is released.

https://buymk1.com/a/pre-launch

If it does happen, I imagine the 300 lenses they make selling out instantly. 

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
Instantly sell out

Vx2000Mk1

• Rep: -4
I hope they make spare front elements and lens caps. I bought mk1 from a guy from Georgia back in 2012 but I lost my lens cap several years ago! Smh :/
Mk1 over bullshit

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
I hope they make spare front elements and lens caps. I bought mk1 from a guy from Georgia back in 2012 but I lost my lens cap several years ago! Smh :/

if someone was mechanically inclined they could measure the exact diameters of the mount (and threads if applicable) and pass it off to someone with a 3d printer, seems an easy task.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
Expand Quote
[close]

if someone was mechanically inclined they could measure the exact diameters of the mount (and threads if applicable) and pass it off to someone with a 3d printer, seems an easy task.
This ^^^^^^

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 10
  • VX1000
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

TeethInc.

• Rep: 5
Could anyone help me with my VX2? I have an issue with the scroll wheel; whenever I try to use it (going through menu, adjusting settings) it jumps around, going against the direction I'm scrolling and jumping values.

I read in some place I should use oil free contact cleaner so will try that; but am worried it might need replacing. Anyone have similar experience that could elucidate here?

Peace and love

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
Could anyone help me with my VX2? I have an issue with the scroll wheel; whenever I try to use it (going through menu, adjusting settings) it jumps around, going against the direction I'm scrolling and jumping values.

I read in some place I should use oil free contact cleaner so will try that; but am worried it might need replacing. Anyone have similar experience that could elucidate here?

Peace and love

You can get this spray which is used for cleaning contacts and certain electrics, which is similar to WD40 but won't fuck up your shit.

That has worked for loosening it up for me. It should eventually calm down the more you use it, as my second VX21 did after a bit of normal wear.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

TeethInc.

Expand Quote

Peace and love
[close]

You can get this spray which is used for cleaning contacts and certain electrics, which is similar to WD40 but won't fuck up your shit.

That has worked for loosening it up for me. It should eventually calm down the more you use it, as my second VX21 did after a bit of normal wear.

Ok ok, ordered some today, hoping it helps. Thank you :)

dakotalofton

• Rep: -21
  • Nothing I say you will like
    • YOUTUBE avatar image
Expand Quote

Peace and love

[close]
Yeah i had the same problem when i bought my VX2000 the wheel was very jumpy, but stopped within a 2 months of use and i've never had the problem since.
****IF YOU DON'T FUCK WITH BRONZE56K YOU WHACK AS FUCK****

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 56
I have two vx1000's both of them in need of some fixing. The other one keeps making Glitches allthough I changed the ribbon cable and cleaned the heads and When I tried to clip the cable back I broke one of the clips so now I dont know How To fix it. The other camera wont open the cassette door, so I was thinking if its possible to change the whole cassette side from one camera to another?

Anyway I just ordered vx2000 from ebay and was wondering that does it use the same batteries then Vx1000? Also I have an opteka lens to vk1, can I use some step down rings to fit them to vx2000? Is the size 58mm to 52mm?
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
I have two vx1000's both of them in need of some fixing. The other one keeps making Glitches allthough I changed the ribbon cable and cleaned the heads and When I tried to clip the cable back I broke one of the clips so now I dont know How To fix it. The other camera wont open the cassette door, so I was thinking if its possible to change the whole cassette side from one camera to another?

Anyway I just ordered vx2000 from ebay and was wondering that does it use the same batteries then Vx1000? Also I have an opteka lens to vk1, can I use some step down rings to fit them to vx2000? Is the size 58mm to 52mm?

Yes the vx1 and the vx2 batteries are compatible unless you get a slim battery from a vx2 it wont fit in the vx1. I cant remember from my brain for the mm size but I know someone here can help you with that.

When you say you changed the ribbon cable for the glitchy vx1 did you mean the ribbon cable for the viewfinder? Because if so that won't change/help your glitchy footage. What clip did you break off? Maybe post a photo and some of us can chime in to help.

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 56
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes the vx1 and the vx2 batteries are compatible unless you get a slim battery from a vx2 it wont fit in the vx1. I cant remember from my brain for the mm size but I know someone here can help you with that.

When you say you changed the ribbon cable for the glitchy vx1 did you mean the ribbon cable for the viewfinder? Because if so that won't change/help your glitchy footage. What clip did you break off? Maybe post a photo and some of us can chime in to help.

Yes cleaned it from inside and changed the viewfinder cable at the same time but When I put it back one of the clippings (?) broke and now i Cant see anything from the viewfinder

https://ibb.co/zryTwC8
https://ibb.co/THBD1Rk

What does help for the glitches? I've cleaned the heads and used some cleaning cassette but wont help..

SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

nickpaolucci

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yes cleaned it from inside and changed the viewfinder cable at the same time but When I put it back one of the clippings (?) broke and now i Cant see anything from the viewfinder

https://ibb.co/zryTwC8
https://ibb.co/THBD1Rk

What does help for the glitches? I've cleaned the heads and used some cleaning cassette but wont help..

i ripped a ribbon cable header off the main board while attempting a DIY repair once and had to send it in to Kerry to fix my mistake. His solution was to replace the main board entirely. i would try swapping the board from your cam w/ the jammed tape deck to the other.

TeethInc.

Does the new OS for Macs no longer support MiniDV? I updated to macOS Monterey 12.3.1 last night and can no longer find my VX in the import section of final cut. Anyone having similar problems or anyone with a fix? My cables are all fine and the camera is in good condition so I'm assuming apple has dropped support for these cameras? If so, that's a massive bummer :/

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Does the new OS for Macs no longer support MiniDV? I updated to macOS Monterey 12.3.1 last night and can no longer find my VX in the import section of final cut. Anyone having similar problems or anyone with a fix? My cables are all fine and the camera is in good condition so I'm assuming apple has dropped support for these cameras? If so, that's a massive bummer :/

MiniDV import support was removed in Catalina a few years ago which I noticed when trying to import in Adobe Premier. I'm guessing the same situation for Final Cut. The iMovie app should still have an import feature though.

doyle

I keep an old 2008 Macbook Pro with Final Cut 7 for that reason.