Author Topic: The Bunt Podcast Thread  (Read 97427 times)

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 886
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Eli Reed)
« Reply #450 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
Wenning is the coolest dude. Sounds like he's in a good place now. I can only imagine the chaos that was him Renaud and Uncle Freddy in Barcelona.

dam

« Reply #451 on: June 21, 2017, 01:42:14 PM »
Club Baghdad sounds tight. I'm tryna get a free blowjob on the spinning ottoman.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #452 on: June 21, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »
I caught myself saying "YES!"  out loud a few times during his rapid fire.
Sorry to those setting next to me on th train.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #453 on: June 21, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »
I'm sure if Wenning went all in on skating he would be on Mount Rushmore. Guy went from owning Benz's to thanking Kelly Hart for shoes on IG. Definitely the saddest ep yet...

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #454 on: June 21, 2017, 03:49:17 PM »
I love the sober, skateboarding, and (mostly) mature Brian Wenning he's grown into.

Hopefully he continues to better himself.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #455 on: June 21, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »
Tracer:

Yes, it is undeniably a shame that Wenning didn't live up to his full potential, skateboardingwise.

But he still quickly made a huge impact on skateboarding in his prime, and was a pretty big trendsetter with a lot of tricks and combos.

That "East Coast Hunchback" style a lot of us emulated when we were younger, was a direct influence from him too.

The guy had years of severe substance abuse and legal issues, which undoubtedly effected his coverage output during that period.

But he's sober now, having fun skating for himself (and killin it too), and is happy just to be alive.
Rather than being sad, I'd say it's a pretty inspiring comeback story really, especially for those of us who grew up idolizing him

Only thing kinda sad is that he's in a halfway house, but they sometimes are helpful living spaces for recovering addicts, trying to get more sober time, since some drug test their residents.

7 year old

« Reply #456 on: June 21, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
That photo is incredible ^ , what year is that? From a tour article?

Also, I was young/dumb/isolated enough that when I first saw the DC video I didn't even realize his intro was a joke. Probably not the only kid that happened to.
And as a fellow don de la hunchback du notre dame I have to lay some respect on this niggy, you smell me?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #457 on: June 21, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »
Tracer:

Yes, it is undeniably a shame that Wenning didn't live up to his full potential, skateboardingwise.

But he still quickly made a huge impact on skateboarding in his prime, and was a pretty big trendsetter with a lot of tricks and combos.

That "East Coast Hunchback" style a lot of us emulated when we were younger, was a direct influence from him too.

The guy had years of severe substance abuse and legal issues, which undoubtedly effected his coverage output during that period.

But he's sober now, having fun skating for himself (and killin it too), and is happy just to be alive.
Rather than being sad, I'd say it's a pretty inspiring comeback story really, especially for those of us who grew up idolizing him

Only thing kinda sad is that he's in a halfway house, but they sometimes are helpful living spaces for recovering addicts, trying to get more sober time, since some drug test their residents.
Unreal these guys defending Wenning, he's the epitome of how not to be a pro. It's what Tony has always had over 75% of pros that go broke.

Statebird

• Rep: 47
« Reply #458 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »
Habitat tribute board sounds rad

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #459 on: June 22, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »
I don't like that he's being treated like a has been. The fucker could still pull off a come back as the ledge master that he is.

Like he said in the podcast, it's all about the artistic vision. He still has it.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #460 on: June 22, 2017, 09:38:19 AM »
Wenning's about the same age that Mariano was when he made his comeback. Anything's possible. I'd love to see it happen.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2017, 09:42:49 AM »
one of the best bunt episodes yet in my opinion. the way it started out made it seem like it was gonna be hard to get Wenning talking, but he actually really opened up on some stuff about halfway through. big ups to wenning and the bunt

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2017, 10:07:21 AM »
Skateboarding Saves!

Checked the dates on the DC Video and Johnny Layton's switch tre at MACBA. DC Video was 2003 and Layton's MACBA cover was 2005 - so it seems Wenning had the dates more straight than than the BUNT guys.

fucking, joy

• Rep: 13
« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2017, 05:33:28 PM »
Wenning's about the same age that Mariano was when he made his comeback. Anything's possible. I'd love to see it happen.

guy was still getting paid and sponsored by companies with filmers tho.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:22 PM »
Somebody post this habitat board

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #465 on: June 22, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »
One of the best episodes yet......stoked he didn't sugar coat things.....we've seen some pretty dillusuional Wenning interviews and it's great to see he's sober. 

Beeda Weeda

Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread
« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2017, 05:26:19 AM »
It was good to hear that wenning is at peace with himself and is taking responsibility for his actions.

I have never heard or read him being so transparent about his issues.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2017, 05:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

guy was still getting paid and sponsored by companies with filmers tho.

And Guy didn't publicly collapse in slow motion while taking shots at his dwindling list of sponsors and constantly pumping himself up with embarrassing videos.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2017, 05:55:21 AM »
I caught myself saying "YES!"  out loud a few times during his rapid fire.
Sorry to those setting next to me on th train.

marty mcfly

« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »
That photo is incredible ^ , what year is that? From a tour article?

Also, I was young/dumb/isolated enough that when I first saw the DC video I didn't even realize his intro was a joke. Probably not the only kid that happened to.
And as a fellow don de la hunchback du notre dame I have to lay some respect on this niggy, you smell me?

here's the footage.he killed that demo

7 year old

« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »
That was golden, thanks!

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #471 on: June 23, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »
oh man thanks for posting this.....all those tricks, especially in that bank were so proper!

i think there was a 411vm issue 60something with that DC tour stop and a dyrdek day in the life where the tour stop had some great wenning and also devine calloway and ryan smith footy! can somebody dig the link up? i tried and did not succeed, i am sorry!

marty mcfly

« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
oh man thanks for posting this.....all those tricks, especially in that bank were so proper!

i think there was a 411vm issue 60something with that DC tour stop and a dyrdek day in the life where the tour stop had some great wenning and also devine calloway and ryan smith footy! can somebody dig the link up? i tried and did not succeed, i am sorry!

Got it!go to 39:25

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #473 on: June 23, 2017, 07:06:04 PM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #474 on: June 23, 2017, 07:11:40 PM »

I think everyone would love that, but I doubt anyone matches Mariano's comeback. Even pre-comeback he had a bigger impact than Wenning (lets face it- Video Days and Mouse alone puts the dude on the Everest of skating).

That said- how sick would a Pappalardo-Wenning comeback be? And who would have guessed in 2017 Wenning would be closer to his original talent?
wash uffize drive me to firenze

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2017, 11:08:34 PM »
He may hit us with an all benihanan assault.....

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #476 on: June 24, 2017, 03:38:20 AM »
i always thought he left for plan b because pappalardo left for chocolate and he felt he needed to make a move.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #477 on: June 24, 2017, 03:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hell yeah marty, thanks a lot!

marty mcfly

« Reply #478 on: June 24, 2017, 03:59:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

hell yeah marty, thanks a lot!

no problem! ;)

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #479 on: June 29, 2017, 11:05:39 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-s04-episode-11-ft-johnny-tang-im-trying-to-become-a-professional-fisherman
This week with Toronto legend Johnny Tang, pretty rad episode! I prefer when they interview homies.