Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 409200 times)

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 123
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #4110 on: May 11, 2021, 03:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
It seems pretty clear that Ace may have screwed more than a few pooches in the QC dept with this roll out.
Itís even more clear that username Toey Jershay = Rhino.
[close]

Someone should film themselves throwing a tantrum in the parking lot of Ace headquarters

#FuckAceTrucks #neverbuyingfromacetrucksagain

I thought you were talking about Ace Hardware for a minute and I was like, damn, that guy's gonna run out of hardware stores to get pissed at.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #4111 on: May 11, 2021, 07:18:08 PM »
Replacements arrived today (one day shipping) along with some other goodies!

Took them apart and the machining is WAAAAAY better...however, there is still a slight 'nick' or 'pit' this time, on the left side of each plate, I don't think it will cause any issues tho as it's smoother and much much smaller...still...

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4112 on: May 11, 2021, 08:11:42 PM »
Isnít that dent done by the hanger digging into it? Like when carving deep the part that goes into the pivot slams the sides and creates the dent. I remember a few years back in my first set of aces 33 the pivot cavity was getting wider and turning oval with a lot of wiggle room. They actually started turning like shit after that. Then I got axle slip on both trucks a bit after and gave them away.

I was thinking about that but I dunno how it could have happened. Maybe before the bushings hardened, which I thought was BS but theyíre definitely much harder now than the first few sessions.

I do run the trucks as loose as possible and with 54mm wheels and 1/8Ē risers, so they do turn deep.

The dent is at the toe side though which is definitely getting less such forces in my normal skating. I guess it could have been a single messed up slappy or something though. 🤔

I should have inspected the pivot stem when I took the trucks apart. Maybe Iíll do that later on and check if there are any markings on the stem.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #4113 on: May 11, 2021, 08:30:54 PM »
I checked each pivot stem, no barbs, smooth as could be.

I too, thought it might be something that happened from skating them as I don't recall seeing the nick/divot/whatever when I first got them; as big as it is, I would assume I would have caught it...but in my pic where I rotated the pivot cup section that was shredded, clearly the pivot cavity flaw was/is visible and I should have seen it...

So they're either present to start (which my second pair semi-confirm since I can see the flaw, albeit smaller) and / or they get bigger somehow after skating them...I mean, I saw mine after 20 min of skating...cup was already chewed and that was JUST boardslides to warm up. I don't think the metal there is soft to deform like that from skating....if so surely some pilots surely had this happen?