Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324823 times)

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1260 on: November 11, 2019, 07:45:09 PM »
Any heelflipper's thoughts on the NB#440? It's my next choice after a confusing retread of the 2014 Nike SB Lunargato (too grippy n hurt my feet), but I fear i'll just pop right thru the mesh or the upper won't grip right
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1261 on: November 11, 2019, 08:03:49 PM »
Any heelflipper's thoughts on the NB#440? It's my next choice after a confusing retread of the 2014 Nike SB Lunargato (too grippy n hurt my feet), but I fear i'll just pop right thru the mesh or the upper won't grip right

I had the nb440s last year and they still may be my favorite shoe I’ve ever had. Solid as fuck and comfortable. They wasn’t tight but felt like a perfect little hug on your foot and was generally just a great shoe.  My only complaint is the bottom of the sole wore out before the uppers but it still was skateable. I wish it was a one piece toe also.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1262 on: November 12, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
Wondering the same on the 440. The mesh panel makes me think it will be destroyed fast... Also not sure about the sizing...

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
« Reply #1263 on: November 12, 2019, 11:34:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Keyframes won't really slide, but as someone who switched from chargers I would highly recommend them as a cruiser wheel. Just a better feeling and more durable wheel overall.
[close]

Expand Quote

Keyframes are actually softer than the Spitfire 80HD Chargers, which are straight up trash. Both slide equally none (unless you’re used to sliding soft wheels) but Keyframes roll much easier over everything and are just way more pleasant than the Chargers in every way.
[close]
Good deal, thanks. Exactly what I needed for convincing. No longer contemplating.

It sounds like you've already made your mind,  but I just want to chime in and mention that I really enjoy keyframes. You can do normal tricks with them and they roll over most anything.  Obviously they're softer so they don't slide as well as a regular wheel but you can make them slide it's just a little more effort.

thebacker

« Reply #1264 on: November 13, 2019, 10:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Whats the consensus here for sizing on classic Half Cabs? I've heard true to size but a few people say they run a half size big...
[close]
Now that I got the low down on wheels, do these shits fit a half size large or what?

TTS

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1265 on: November 19, 2019, 05:36:48 PM »
Toying with the idea of getting some DC Kalis S or Legacy 98's - I haven't had a pair of DC's since probably 2001 but was huge into them from watching Timecode and Photosynthesis growing up.

Granted wearing those now (especially in situations outside of skating) would probably look ridiculous, especially considering I don't have any baggier jeans anymore haha.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1266 on: November 19, 2019, 06:02:03 PM »
Getting truck fever bad; currently in my arsenal:
- Indy Stage 10 139 Hollow Lights
- Thunder 148 Titanium
- Thunder 147 Hollow Lights

Now I'm thinking if should add a pair of Venture 5.25 / 5.2 to round out the collection, just whether in low or hi.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1267 on: November 19, 2019, 08:44:36 PM »
Getting truck fever bad; currently in my arsenal:
- Indy Stage 10 139 Hollow Lights
- Thunder 148 Titanium
- Thunder 147 Hollow Lights

Now I'm thinking if should add a pair of Venture 5.25 / 5.2 to round out the collection, just whether in low or hi.

Truck fever is real and it fucking sucks.

I’m toying around with switching from 147 Hollow Lights to 148 Thunder Team Hollows on my 8” Quasi’s so I get less wheelbite without tightening my trucks up.  I’m a bit concerned that I’ll find that too high and wondering if I should go with 148 Hollow Lights instead.

I’m also debating between forged and standard baseplate Indy 149s for my 8.25-8.5” decks.  I’m not even sure if I’ll prefer Indy over Thunders with Polar P2s and wider Quasis.  I’m just assuming I will since they’re all shorter than the 8.0s I ride but with the same wheelbase.  Thunders might feel too steep due to the shorter tails and gaps between the kicks and bolts.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1268 on: November 20, 2019, 07:26:29 AM »
I'm thinking about the bones 99s
The green on white is kinda irresistible
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1269 on: November 20, 2019, 07:43:39 AM »
Toying with the idea of getting some DC Kalis S or Legacy 98's - I haven't had a pair of DC's since probably 2001 but was huge into them from watching Timecode and Photosynthesis growing up.

Granted wearing those now (especially in situations outside of skating) would probably look ridiculous, especially considering I don't have any baggier jeans anymore haha.
You don’t really need baggy jeans for the legacy slims. They skate great but I haven’t tried the Kalis S cuz that toe shape looks too weird.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Yu Dum

« Reply #1270 on: November 20, 2019, 11:53:54 AM »
Anyone skate those Tyshawn adidas yet? Posted about my curiosity in the "pondering" thread, but figured I'd have better luck over here. Trying to pull myself away from DC for a bit...

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1271 on: November 20, 2019, 11:58:54 AM »
I suck at decisions. Right now I’m debating between:
Girl, Bannerot 8.5
Toy machine, lebreas 8.38
Baker normally baker logo 8.25 or 8.4something.
All with 14.25wb. I’m gonna put it on new 149 Indy Ti but I’m like I skate 8.5 now. Last was an 8.38 and it’s been a while since I had an 8.25 so I can’t decide which.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1272 on: November 20, 2019, 12:34:25 PM »
Girl, Bannerot 8.5
All with 14.25wb. I’m gonna put it on new 149 Indy Ti but I’m like I skate 8.5 now. Last was an 8.38 and it’s been a while since I had an 8.25 so I can’t decide which.

Personally, I bounce around between 8.3's - 8.5's and the never notice any drastic difference. I don't go down to 8.25's or up to 8.6's because thats when my madness kicks in (can't throw around an 8.6 becuase of the size, loop out on an 8.25 cause it's too small etc. and then it's game over). Unless there's a strong desire to size down, or you feel something is really lacking, I'd stick in your comfort zone. But that's just me. 

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1273 on: November 20, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Girl, Bannerot 8.5
[close]

Personally, I bounce around between 8.3's - 8.5's and the never notice any drastic difference. I don't go down to 8.25's or up to 8.6's because thats when my madness kicks in (can't throw around an 8.6 becuase of the size, loop out on an 8.25 cause it's too small etc. and then it's game over). Unless there's a strong desire to size down, or you feel something is really lacking, I'd stick in your comfort zone. But that's just me.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Guess it comes down to new girl wood or whatever that toy is on I’m thinking ps. My last ps deck was pretty nice

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #1274 on: November 20, 2019, 12:45:38 PM »
verso teachers edition youtube clip

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1275 on: November 20, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Girl, Bannerot 8.5
[close]

I couldn't agree more with you
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #1276 on: November 20, 2019, 03:35:06 PM »
Thinking about grabbing some stuff from the antihero x gnarhunters colab and some radial slims. Currently sitting in the hospital so I don’t have anything better to do than buy shit online.

Might grab the 51 99a radials slims on SoCal , I normally skate 53 but I don’t want 101s and I have been thinking about running my thunders with some risers so the mm difference might offset

Also people using risers on thunders, which ones do you prefer?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:48:28 PM by Esmith5488 »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1277 on: November 20, 2019, 04:30:51 PM »
Thinking about grabbing some stuff from the antihero x gnarhunters colab and some radial slims. Currently sitting in the hospital so I don’t have anything better to do than buy shit online.

Might grab the 51 99a radials slims on SoCal , I normally skate 53 but I don’t want 101s and I have been thinking about running my thunders with some risers so the mm difference might offset

You good man?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1278 on: November 20, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »
Wanted to try State for a long time but in Czech Republic it was impossible or super expensive to find. Now here in Chile I found them for like 15 bucks.
I want to try Albanys, that collab with Magenta, but for that price it would be dumb to not order 2 pairs. Which one you pals would recommend?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1279 on: November 20, 2019, 05:30:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You good man?

Yeah I’m fine, wish it was me. Daughters in here for and infection on her incision from a surgery she got last month.
Thanks for asking.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1280 on: November 20, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »
Wanted to try State for a long time but in Czech Republic it was impossible or super expensive to find. Now here in Chile I found them for like 15 bucks.
I want to try Albanys, that collab with Magenta, but for that price it would be dumb to not order 2 pairs. Which one you pals would recommend?

My friend swears by them

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1281 on: November 20, 2019, 05:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
You good man?
[close]

Yeah I’m fine, wish it was me. Daughters in here for and infection on her incision from a surgery she got last month.
Thanks for asking.

Hoping that’s a quick and speedy recovery for your daughter

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1282 on: November 20, 2019, 06:05:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
You good man?
[close]

Thanks for asking.

[close]
Hoping that’s a quick and speedy recovery for your daughter
Yeah, good vibes for her <3
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1283 on: November 20, 2019, 07:09:06 PM »

Bones and Thunder risers work well as they have slots instead of holes for the screws.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1284 on: November 20, 2019, 07:14:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bones and Thunder risers work well as they have slots instead of holes for the screws.

Thanks, I read good things about the krooked ones as well. Guess it just makes sense to get the thunder ones

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1285 on: November 20, 2019, 08:03:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Girl, Bannerot 8.5
[close]

[close]

Thanks man I appreciate it. Guess it comes down to new girl wood or whatever that toy is on I’m thinking ps. My last ps deck was pretty nice

No problem. Are you after Girl/Toy for the flatter concave?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #1286 on: November 21, 2019, 02:29:04 AM »
God knows I don't need anything but 15 usd for some States I've been wanting to try for a while is too good to let it pass
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1287 on: November 21, 2019, 04:53:44 AM »
God knows I don't need anything but 15 usd for some States I've been wanting to try for a while is too good to let it pass
overseas only?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #1288 on: November 21, 2019, 05:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
overseas only?
Is a crap skateshop from Santiago, Chile.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1289 on: November 24, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks, I read good things about the krooked ones as well. Guess it just makes sense to get the thunder ones

just set up an old pair of 149s with krooked risers and they fit almost perfectly flush. id go for the krooked ones if you are buying at your local since i never see thunder risers or hardware in the wild
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo