Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328472 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1560 on: January 28, 2020, 07:53:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i like the shape of the franky villani primitive decks. too bad all his graphics are literal dogshit
[close]

Idk. When skaters doodle their own graphics I give props.
[close]
Every board is a can of spray paint away from a good graphic
And the point of this thing we do is to get rid of those graphics..
Idk maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years
[close]

well of course thats the easy solution but at that point why even spend $50+ on it and extra on spray paint? i really would need motivation to ride the graphics off these decks, good thing franky is pro. i cant pay to walk around in public with this shit let alone post it in the setup thread. to be honest, id need a primitive check to own any of these atrocities. maybe im crazy for liking to look at my investment and be satisfied with what i spent my money on but you can be the judge

spray paint is free my friends.

Wal*mart has no cages. Just walk in pick a color from the trees and walk out.

If you're not completely comfortable with this Recycle a can by leaving an empty one in its place.

Rack up ked
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1561 on: January 29, 2020, 03:06:16 PM »
Probably getting this one
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #1562 on: January 29, 2020, 10:34:32 PM »
Should I feel guilty and is it wrong if I skated this limited run Baker x Trailer Park Boys collab deck?

I'm gonna be out of the country for a few months and was contemplating just buying from the local shop in Israel where I'll be staying, rather than going through the hassle of taking my board from home as luggage. I was checking out what they have and apparently a lot of their stock includes old shoe brands and deck runs which I'm assuming is due to skateboarding not being as popular over there meaning a lot of stuff ends up just collecting dust and not selling.

They have this deck for an alright overseas price and in the size I want, but would it be wrong to skate it since it's a limited run graphic and somewhat of a collectors item? Should I just leave it be for someone else or does it not matter?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1563 on: January 29, 2020, 10:39:44 PM »
Frog Super Junko
Width: 10" Length: 29.7" Wheelbase: 14.25" Nose: 4.25" Tail: 6.75"
never owned a board below 31.3" but would want to try it for fun. at 6'5" would i even be able to do anything but cruise on this if im all legs? crazy dims but would be pissed if i spend $60 and it ends up a cruiser.

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1564 on: January 29, 2020, 10:53:01 PM »
that definitely looks like cruiser/slappy material to me. theres a reason why boards evolved into popsicle shapes

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #1565 on: January 30, 2020, 09:16:23 AM »
Should I feel guilty and is it wrong if I skated this limited run Baker x Trailer Park Boys collab deck?

I'm gonna be out of the country for a few months and was contemplating just buying from the local shop in Israel where I'll be staying, rather than going through the hassle of taking my board from home as luggage. I was checking out what they have and apparently a lot of their stock includes old shoe brands and deck runs which I'm assuming is due to skateboarding not being as popular over there meaning a lot of stuff ends up just collecting dust and not selling.

They have this deck for an alright overseas price and in the size I want, but would it be wrong to skate it since it's a limited run graphic and somewhat of a collectors item? Should I just leave it be for someone else or does it not matter?

Dude unless you have the entire series and are a Trailer Park Boys fan, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.
Don't know about Israel but in here Latin America I see shops getting tons of old stock (as well as new shit too), cuz people don't consume skating gear nearly as much as in the state. The other day my friend bought a new board and it was  John Rattray Zero board.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #1566 on: January 31, 2020, 03:42:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Dude unless you have the entire series and are a Trailer Park Boys fan, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.
Don't know about Israel but in here Latin America I see shops getting tons of old stock (as well as new shit too), cuz people don't consume skating gear nearly as much as in the state. The other day my friend bought a new board and it was  John Rattray Zero board.

I might just go for it, I doubt a collector would even consider ordering it from there or whatever. This shop also has some Baker 3 decks but none in the size I wanted.

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1567 on: January 31, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »
Frog Super Junko
never owned a board below 31.3" but would want to try it for fun. at 6'5" would i even be able to do anything but cruise on this if im all legs? crazy dims but would be pissed if i spend $60 and it ends up a cruiser.

I have no idea but post on here if you buy it. I think that looks pretty dope. I haven't skated an actual crazy shape since the 80s but have had three Polar P9s in a row and think I'm ready for this, which says it's a modified 80s shape.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #1568 on: January 31, 2020, 05:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Frog Super Junko

[close]

I have no idea but post on here if you buy it. I think that looks pretty dope. I haven't skated an actual crazy shape since the 80s but have had three Polar P9s in a row and think I'm ready for this, which says it's a modified 80s shape.

The frog shape reminds me of my favorite old school skateboard:

Learned Ollie norths and nocomplys with this board.

Frog is dope

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1569 on: February 01, 2020, 10:45:20 AM »
Choosing between Indy 144 and 149. Recently went up in board sizes and while I'm loving the room the longer WB doesn't jive well for me, nose and tail end up feeling a touch too short. Thinking if I should go with the Indy Standard or the Hollow versions, they are a fair bit pricier.
I don't notice much of a difference between hollows and standards. I would never get forged hollows or Tis though cuz geometry. I like a little magic carpet ride so imo 8.38 or under get 144s, 8.475-8.6 get 149s.

I, too, hate longer wheelbases.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1570 on: February 01, 2020, 11:03:53 AM »

[Baker Trailer park boys deck]

You're contemplating not buying a skateboard you want because someone else may want it more?
When I get a kid, I'm gonna call whoever raised you for guidance, damn.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #1571 on: February 01, 2020, 12:35:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I might just go for it, I doubt a collector would even consider ordering it from there or whatever. This shop also has some Baker 3 decks but none in the size I wanted.

A baker 3 deck is a wall hanger for sure

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1572 on: February 01, 2020, 10:40:40 PM »
anyone have any clothes with a big spitfire head on the front of it? i feel like the child in me wants on but im not sure if i can pull one off fashionably
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1573 on: February 01, 2020, 11:26:41 PM »
anyone have any clothes with a big spitfire head on the front of it? i feel like the child in me wants on but im not sure if i can pull one off fashionably

I have 2 tees currently. I say go for it, support the brand lol.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1574 on: February 02, 2020, 10:57:13 AM »
Toying with getting a pair of Vans TNT Advanced Prototypes. I've bought a handful of shoes over the past few months (Nike Grant Taylor Blazers, Adidas Campus ADV, Adidas Matchcourt, Vans Half Cab Pro) and the ones that are easily the best for me + most comfortable for long periods of time are the Half Cab Pros. Basically looking for something similar but as a low.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 11:02:42 AM by GoldenGateHeights »

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1575 on: February 02, 2020, 11:06:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i like the shape of the franky villani primitive decks. too bad all his graphics are literal dogshit
[close]

Idk. When skaters doodle their own graphics I give props.
[close]
Every board is a can of spray paint away from a good graphic
And the point of this thing we do is to get rid of those graphics..
Idk maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years
[close]

well of course thats the easy solution but at that point why even spend $50+ on it and extra on spray paint? i really would need motivation to ride the graphics off these decks, good thing franky is pro. i cant pay to walk around in public with this shit let alone post it in the setup thread. to be honest, id need a primitive check to own any of these atrocities. maybe im crazy for liking to look at my investment and be satisfied with what i spent my money on but you can be the judge

I think they're pretty sick since franky drew his own graphic, the dragon ball z one is questionable, but original art is sick. I've had the orange and the dog one and gotten compliments on em

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1576 on: February 02, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »
Footprint insoles 🤷🏻‍♂️

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1577 on: February 02, 2020, 02:27:43 PM »
Footprint insoles 🤷🏻‍♂️

Game changers. Your feet will be thankful.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

hmmmokay

« Reply #1578 on: February 02, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have 2 tees currently. I say go for it, support the brand lol.

I've got this hoodie. I don't usually wear clothing with logos but I wanted a nice pullover and to support a good shop/spitfire. From a quality standpoint it's very comfortable.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1579 on: February 02, 2020, 03:53:19 PM »
Found some 3st.004 @ 50%
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1580 on: February 02, 2020, 04:51:37 PM »
Some slightly smaller wheels (50-51mm) and trucks that extend the WB by around 3.125", right between Indy and Thunder. I didn't have a great experience with my last pair of Indys so I was pleasantly surprised with the 144 Standard. The pop light despite the weight, a touch too light for me, but find them too high, hence the smaller wheels.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #1581 on: February 02, 2020, 10:44:49 PM »
Toying with getting a pair of Vans TNT Advanced Prototypes. I've bought a handful of shoes over the past few months (Nike Grant Taylor Blazers, Adidas Campus ADV, Adidas Matchcourt, Vans Half Cab Pro) and the ones that are easily the best for me + most comfortable for long periods of time are the Half Cab Pros. Basically looking for something similar but as a low.

I have a pair

Haven't skated them yet, still breaking them in

The insole has more support to it so the heels don't mush out to the side as quickly as vans pros

Now that they are not as stiff, I'm looking forward to skating

I like the spitfire hoodies with the swirl/trippy "The End" on the back
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1582 on: February 02, 2020, 11:03:37 PM »
Adidas Superstar ADV Vulc in a high top, the white leather ones look so damn good. Anyone tried a pair for skateboarding?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1583 on: February 03, 2020, 04:30:47 AM »
Now I found some Lakai proto for a really cheap price. The first colorway that I always kinda liked it.
Last Hawk shoe I had were the 900s which were awesome back in 2001.
Anybody had tried the protos?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1584 on: February 03, 2020, 08:41:42 AM »
Now I found some Lakai proto for a really cheap price. The first colorway that I always kinda liked it.
Last Hawk shoe I had were the 900s which were awesome back in 2001.
Anybody had tried the protos?

Damn! First color is hot and I should have gotten it, by the time I thought it over they were gone. They run a little narrow in the forefoot/toe. I liked em. I’ve said before that I thought the shoe was too expensive, I was maybe wrong on that, good shoe. Kinda similar to the Tyshawn in some ways.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #1585 on: February 03, 2020, 09:49:19 AM »

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1586 on: February 03, 2020, 10:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Found some 3st.004 @ 50%
[close]

So comfy

"Doo do do tell us where?" 'Twan

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1587 on: February 03, 2020, 11:31:46 AM »

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1588 on: February 03, 2020, 11:57:21 AM »
Adidas Superstar ADV Vulc in a high top, the white leather ones look so damn good. Anyone tried a pair for skateboarding?
I don’t really know the difference between these and the adidas pro model, but if it’s any consolation I just bought these pro models and really like them. They have an unlined suede tongue with centering straps and light padding. They remind me of a slimmed down Blazer, which was exactly what I’ve been looking for as I’ve been skating Cons 70’s and have wanted something just a tad more protective. Hopefully they shouldn't pack out as much as a Blazer because I love the sock like feeling of the canvas on Cons.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1589 on: February 03, 2020, 12:14:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Found some 3st.004 @ 50%
[close]

So comfy
[close]

"Doo do do tell us where?" 'Twan
[close]
https://www.adidas.com/us/3st.004-shoes/EE7669.html
yellow, white and black
LASTCHANCE takes 30% off select sale items right now.. unfortunately these and the boozie's are excluded..