Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324695 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »
for reasons unknown i seem to be drawn to buy some nike koston 3 hyperfeel.
they look so strange yet intreaging..
anyone that has them that can aid or steer me away from them?
feel free to share your opinions.

They're really good. I have a pair that a skated for a little and I like the way they skate. Really stable, great boardfeel, ok impact support, ventilated. They may not be worth 150 euros (no skate shoe is) but I found some pairs for like 35 on the nike outlet a couple weeks ago, and that's a no brainer.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2017, 10:44:51 AM »
Expand Quote
I back dipped boards.
[close]

holy crap, me too. 

who woulda thought we're best friends again Mak!?

This is one of my favorite quotes to use when encountered with chaos.  Cheers!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2017, 11:31:47 AM »

What size? I have some to sell. Skated once.

asakusa75

« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2017, 03:13:18 PM »

My friend has them, he says they are one of the best skate shoes he has ever worn, just hard to look at.
He also smokes more weed than anybody I know...and is one of those dudes who can just rip on any board with any shoes, so I am not sure how accurate his advice is.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2017, 05:28:35 PM »
anyone ever skated polar's p8 shape?
you dig it?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2017, 06:42:08 AM »
Been eyeing some vintage boards on eBay for a while now, but I can't convince myself that $150-$300 is a good price for what would essentially be office wall decor.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

kook nukem

« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2017, 11:02:14 AM »
Expand Quote
I back dipped boards.
[close]

I did from about 98-2002/3ish....all the Workshop ones.
I rode a lot of those.
Always avoided them if at all possible, but ended up with a couple. Always felt heavier to me.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »
currently riding a dipped board, don't usually go out of my way to buy them but I've had some rad ones in the past.
I think getting over the initial fist few chips to the paint and wearing through the paint on the tail/ nose to expose the ply are the biggest mental hurdles you need to get past.

I had a rad pink dipped anti hero board back in the late 90's and I loved that shit. From memory it was a Cardiel and it was part of series that was inspired by sailor/ old school tattoos. These days you wouldn't even bat an eyelid at those graphics but this was when hiphop reigned supreme and wu-inspired graphics were a dime a dozen. My mate had the floor green version which was Stranger's board.

Also had a rad all black dipped zero board in around 99 (all black with the original zero eagle in yellow) and it was tough as NAILS! Ended up giving it to mate after I was done with it and watched it get run over by a car which didn't even phase it in the slightest.

p.s. THIS:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:33:01 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2017, 09:43:19 PM »

Posted a Caballero re-issue a while ago. These are better off ass wall hangers, unless you don't mind not having a nose and weird concave. I actually think the Hawk is the most expensive one, sick board but honestly better off as a cruiser in my opinion.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2017, 09:48:14 PM »
Posted a Caballero re-issue a while ago. These are better off ass wall hangers, unless you don't mind not having a nose and weird concave. I actually think the Hawk is the most expensive one, sick board but honestly better off as a cruiser in my opinion.
no doubt, I won of the mountain ones and it's def going back on the wall. The hawk board though ... well it was my first pro board back in the day so I have a really gooey soft spot for it.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2017, 10:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no doubt, I won of the mountain ones and it's def going back on the wall. The hawk board though ... well it was my first pro board back in the day so I have a really gooey soft spot for it.
Then do it dude! I'm bummed my first board was a Tony Tave Element board I'll never see again because it wasn't iconic. Definitely envious!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2017, 01:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote
I back dipped boards.
[close]

I rode a lot of those.

all man dude me too! I miss the era of alien so much, I like new alien, but it just doesn't do it for me.
Full dips look sick, but when the scuff they look bad. also, full dips tend to not have a stained bottom or middle, which is a pet peeve for me.

I like the full green and full purple stains creature has.

Drifter Skateboard MFG just posted these

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »
Keyframes vs. Rough Riders?

Also, has anyone tried the hard luck 6 ball bearings?

le88

• Rep: -7
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2017, 02:38:16 PM »

I've tried the 6 ball bearings and they all broke within a short time frame, so just get the cheaper Hard Times bearings, way better

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2017, 11:04:16 PM »
footprint kingdom orthotics.

half-size or true to size? I'd like to use them in the era pros but i'm open to other shoe suggestions with said insole.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2017, 08:04:24 AM »

half-size or true to size? I'd like to use them in the era pros but i'm open to other shoe suggestions with said insole.

for me they work TTS but i have to get half size down in vans pros!

on the subject i am thinking about getting some fine ass DC Kalis lites in the cream/ white/ red colorway, maybe even to skate in them....anyone tried skating them?

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2017, 08:32:05 AM »

I havent tried the rough riders, but Keyframes are the best cruiser wheel Ive tried, and I dont really feel the need to try anything else, they are that fucking good.

thespacewolf

• Rep: 10
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »
Been thinking of picking up some Thunder Hollow Lights

Been skating indys for a while, but they keep turning unexpectedly towards the left, kind of don't want to buy new bushings, so why not new trucks?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I back dipped boards.
[close]

I rode a lot of those.
[close]

all man dude me too! I miss the era of alien so much, I like new alien, but it just doesn't do it for me.
Full dips look sick, but when the scuff they look bad. also, full dips tend to not have a stained bottom or middle, which is a pet peeve for me.

I remember dipped boards always just being really high quality stuff. Back in '04, I had a Rasa Libre Matt Field deck, the one with the owl in outer space. It was full dipped, had a matted feel to it. No matter how many noseslides I did, the graphic would not scratch much. Loved DLX Rasa. Magenta sort of reminds me of them. Super high-quality boards.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2017, 12:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I back dipped boards.
[close]

I rode a lot of those.
[close]

[close]

I remember dipped boards always just being really high quality stuff. Back in '04, I had a Rasa Libre Matt Field deck, the one with the owl in outer space. It was full dipped, had a matted feel to it. No matter how many noseslides I did, the graphic would not scratch much. Loved DLX Rasa. Magenta sort of reminds me of them. Super high-quality boards.

You just reminded me I need to get a Magenta deck!

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2017, 09:34:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

on the subject i am thinking about getting some fine ass DC Kalis lites in the cream/ white/ red colorway, maybe even to skate in them....anyone tried skating them?
Just got laced up with a pair from Nallid da gawd, I'm thinking about skating them too. Will update if I get a chance soon.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I havent tried the rough riders, but Keyframes are the best cruiser wheel Ive tried, and I dont really feel the need to try anything else, they are that fucking good.

I haven't skated the rough riders either but keyframes are indeed excellent. Better than ricta clouds or spitfire 80 hd's at least. Only thing is that they're too grippy for slides but so are all other soft wheels.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2017, 04:03:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Just got laced up with a pair from Nallid da gawd, I'm thinking about skating them too. Will update if I get a chance soon.

damn tangar!
can't wait for your feedback on those....i was tempted to get em couple months ago but did not pull the trigger......but i saw them again for 40? and that really got me thinking again  ??? can't really decide, so any feedback would be cool....i remember a couple pals talking bout skating them

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2017, 08:14:24 PM »
So after a quick 10 minute sesh. I have no idea what to think about the kalis lites lol. At first I thought there was no way I would enjoy skating them. They were super lite in weight but felt very bulky compared to the super snug boozys I've been skating. Then when i jumped on the board the grip was incredible. Ollies felt good because of the weight and sole was super grippy. After a couple warm up ollies I landed my front shoves in a couple tries which is pretty normal. Then I landed a kickflip 3rd try which is pretty good for me. The flick was good and the impact protection felt good as well. I landed primo on one and it didn't really hurt at all. Fakie flip took me a minute because positioning my feet was a little awkward with all that grip but I can't say that's a bad thing. They also feel a little high, but again that's being compared to skating boozys and I can't say if that's necessarily good or bad.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2017, 09:29:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I haven't skated the rough riders either but keyframes are indeed excellent. Better than ricta clouds or spitfire 80 hd's at least. Only thing is that they're too grippy for slides but so are all other soft wheels.

What makes them so much better? Looking to get a set of cruiser wheels soon.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

What makes them so much better? Looking to get a set of cruiser wheels soon.

I feel like they're faster. Clouds and the spitfires feel kinda mushy compared to the keyframes and just overall slower. I haven't made any real scientific tests or comparisons but that's the feeling I've gotten.

mgeorge402

« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2017, 08:10:49 AM »
Considering picking up a pair of Kyle Walker Vans from an outlet near me. Not sure if anyone has experience with them, but they seem like a solid shoe and you can't argue with 60% off.

thebacker

« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2017, 09:26:02 AM »
Considering picking up a pair of Kyle Walker Vans from an outlet near me. Not sure if anyone has experience with them, but they seem like a solid shoe and you can't argue with 60% off.
absolutely get them. they last a while and your feet will thank you. imo it's the best shoe they make

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
I'm thinking of picking up a set of ventures soon. I have a perfectly good set of thunder 149s but I just want to try ventures. I really want grind a set of each of the big 3 to the axel so I can really decide which are best.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2017, 05:50:27 PM »
Those new Huf Soto cupsoles, I have a pair sitting in a shopping cart just waiting to hit the button.
Anyone rocked them before? Are they true to size?