Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324574 times)

Adrian and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yu Dum

Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2017, 05:26:30 AM »
I've been debating on buying a pair of Accel Slims, but I'm not sure if they'll be durable enough for me to get my money's worth. Anyone have any experience with these shoes? How do they feel in terms of transitioning from vulc (CTAs pro) to cupsole? Did any of you have problems with the toe cap blowing out quick?

Nora9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2017, 05:54:42 AM »
i have the accel og in size 13 which fit great and maybe a little roomy, i tried on the slim and the swift in 13 and they were way too tight i would seriously go a full size up and they had like 1/4 of the material and felt like they would be torn to shreds after 40 kickflips or less.

ideally something SLIGHTLY less bulky than the og would be ideal, there is prob an emerica shoe that fits the bill BUT who the HELL wants AMERICA on their foot

Nora9

« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2017, 05:55:40 AM »
something halfway between the accel slim mid and accel og with the velcro strap PLEASE @eS

Nora9

« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2017, 05:57:03 AM »
the ogs are legit imo but took a while to break in and if u got a skinny foot they might be kinda loose

Yu Dum

« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2017, 06:03:49 AM »
the ogs are legit imo but took a while to break in and if u got a skinny foot they might be kinda loose
I was afraid that they would fall apart pretty quick due to my overabundance of flip tricks, so I'm kind of wary. I've considered the OGs, but that would look funny on me. I have a wider/flat foot, and the OGs would probably feel better. I just can't stand a bulky shoe. I think I'm going to go ahead and give them a try. If I don't like them, then I can always go back to skating Cons.

Nora9

« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2017, 06:13:30 AM »
i have a wide foot too and they are super comfy once they break in

i think people are trippin a bit on the fat shoes look weird thing chunky dcs and accels are still tight dont let fad followers tell u otherwise

Nora9

« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2017, 06:13:57 AM »
if u got a wide foot skinny shoes give off clown/duck feet vibe imo

Yu Dum

« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »
if u got a wide foot skinny shoes give off clown/duck feet vibe imo
Yeah, I get the clown shoes comment a lot, but that's just what's comfy for me. I hate struggling to break in a shoe.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2017, 08:07:15 AM »
charley harper habitat deck, kerrry getz model. NOS in shrink. i have too many boards.

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2017, 12:24:48 PM »
I've been debating on buying a pair of Accel Slims, but I'm not sure if they'll be durable enough for me to get my money's worth. Anyone have any experience with these shoes? How do they feel in terms of transitioning from vulc (CTAs pro) to cupsole? Did any of you have problems with the toe cap blowing out quick?
They're pretty good, thin for a cup sole so I don't think adjustment should be to bad. Heel lock is average. Durability is okay but I wasn't doing kickflips at the time due to ankle problems. My only complaint about them was that the toe box got really baggy. Like so baggy I could point my toes at the ceiling without flexing the sole. That made them way too unstable for me so I have them to some Kid in Cuba. As far as sizing I'm a 10 in busenitz, 9.5 in most other shoes and got a 10 in the accel slims. They weren't too big before the aforementioned stretching, but I probably would have been better off if I'd gotten a 9.5.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2017, 03:49:55 PM »
Expand Quote
I've been debating on copping a pair of Domestics, though I honestly don't know anyone else who's ever worn them and am kind of apprehensive. Generally, I think spending $70 plus on a pair of pants is corny, but I'd make an exception for these (for obvious reasons). Anyone have a pair? What's up?

That Freddy Hubba ad the dude who posted before me has as his sig jogged my memory.
[close]

I had a custom pair made for me. Mid weight navy. they are all cotton and shrunk in the washer. not really a bad unwearable shrinking, but more of a levis "shrink to fit" kind of deal. I guess im just used to loose 874's. they are quality pants, except for the front thigh region has turned a blue/brown from wear, and ive only had them like 2 months. they are pretty hot for summer stuff, and the fact that they wore in the thigh region kinda made me apprehensive about trying to get a second pair, but I guess if I got a heavier duck canvas or ripstop material this wouldnt be a problem. When I bought them, they sent me two free t shirts so you never know what youll get. plus I only paid $55 when I emailed them (i asked how much for customs and they said $55, i didnt haggle price). in the end, I will probably stick with 874's unless I am feeling really patriotic.

How did you measure yourself for customs?  Tailor?  Just you and a tapemeasurer?  How did you send the data?  Seriously curious b/c I have strange measurements (6'1 with long torso/short legs/33-34 waist) and $55 is cheap for some custom made Fred Gall pants. 

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2017, 03:50:55 PM »
i need a pair of the new reynolds

mostly size 11 in Adidas, nike sb, 10.5 in vans .. how should I size for the g6?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've been debating on copping a pair of Domestics, though I honestly don't know anyone else who's ever worn them and am kind of apprehensive. Generally, I think spending $70 plus on a pair of pants is corny, but I'd make an exception for these (for obvious reasons). Anyone have a pair? What's up?

That Freddy Hubba ad the dude who posted before me has as his sig jogged my memory.
[close]

I had a custom pair made for me. Mid weight navy. they are all cotton and shrunk in the washer. not really a bad unwearable shrinking, but more of a levis "shrink to fit" kind of deal. I guess im just used to loose 874's. they are quality pants, except for the front thigh region has turned a blue/brown from wear, and ive only had them like 2 months. they are pretty hot for summer stuff, and the fact that they wore in the thigh region kinda made me apprehensive about trying to get a second pair, but I guess if I got a heavier duck canvas or ripstop material this wouldnt be a problem. When I bought them, they sent me two free t shirts so you never know what youll get. plus I only paid $55 when I emailed them (i asked how much for customs and they said $55, i didnt haggle price). in the end, I will probably stick with 874's unless I am feeling really patriotic.
[close]

How did you measure yourself for customs?  Tailor?  Just you and a tapemeasurer?  How did you send the data?  Seriously curious b/c I have strange measurements (6'1 with long torso/short legs/33-34 waist) and $55 is cheap for some custom made Fred Gall pants. 
I'm 200% sure that shit is just rebranded surplus BDUs.
you never know about pre-cum 

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2017, 09:33:55 PM »
gino dunks. such a good colorway

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
Buddy of mine got the Gabriel Rodriguez 101 re-issue. Loved the shape but sketched out by not knowing the WB or woodshop
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2017, 01:04:37 PM »
Buddy of mine got the Gabriel Rodriguez 101 re-issue. Loved the shape but sketched out by not knowing the WB or woodshop

dwindle

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dwindle

Gnar'd but that's disappointing. At least the shape will be the same due to their single press.
Now, scree print or heat transfer?

Is the $5 difference for screen print worth it?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:53:15 AM by mynameisnotjeff »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wear a 38x36 in pretty much everything (except 874 dickies I'm a 39x36 but I have to get a 40 since 39 isn't made...) and just asked domestics to make a 38x36. they are definitely on the longer side though, so you can roll them up if you desire so the backs don't get dragged on the ground and fucked up.

@level 60, got any background info on this? not hating, just curious.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I wear a 38x36 in pretty much everything (except 874 dickies I'm a 39x36 but I have to get a 40 since 39 isn't made...) and just asked domestics to make a 38x36. they are definitely on the longer side though, so you can roll them up if you desire so the backs don't get dragged on the ground and fucked up.

@level 60, got any background info on this? not hating, just curious.

No, I've just seen other people/companies do it with BDU pants/military gear. Buy a bunch of $20 jints without a label, sew one in, boom, $40 profit...  I don't know about the other domestics pants. I wasn't even aware they made other pants besides BDUs until I looked it up.
you never know about pre-cum 

Nora9

« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2017, 08:43:46 AM »
really wanna spend like 300 on random shit but i dont need anything fuck

doublesteveburger

« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2017, 03:55:50 PM »
really wanna spend like 300 on random shit but i dont need anything fuck

Buy me something.

Nora9

« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2017, 10:03:20 PM »
dead at me buying guys stuff

Nora9

« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2017, 08:10:44 AM »
what skateboarding companys are worth supporting these days? i like some of the polar graphics

Nora9

« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2017, 08:11:45 AM »
there may actually be 100 new companies which is insane who the hell owns them

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2017, 10:21:09 AM »
I am thinking about getting the Nike FC classic since I found them for pretty cheap. I remember a lot of people on Slap liked them when they come out but I have never seen anybody skating them.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »
How're GX1000 tees ? specifically the long sleeves. Found a decent one that i'm on the fence of getting, i hate super thin ill fitting longsleeves

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »
Really want some Adidas matchcourts in all white or some black gum busenitz pro. Anyone know how they fit? Should I go true to size?

asakusa75

« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2017, 06:25:37 PM »
Really want some Adidas matchcourts in all white or some black gum busenitz pro. Anyone know how they fit? Should I go true to size?

True to size man, I have had a bunch of them. Skate really good too.
Picked up some Herman G6 vulcs from the sale pile at the local again. Black suede vulc shoe, really is a no brainer for the price.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2017, 11:35:29 PM »
Picked up some Herman G6 vulcs from the sale pile at the local again. Black suede vulc shoe, really is a no brainer for the price.
good looking shoe, how you liking them?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

asakusa75

« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2017, 01:43:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
good looking shoe, how you liking them?

Will find out after these Chimas wear out....and so far they are skating sick.