Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324762 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2017, 11:06:48 PM »
Will be in the market for a new deck soon... having a bit of a dilemma, I've narrowed it down to like 6 boards/ companies ;D Surely Skatewharhouse is going to have a massive sale soon right?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2017, 12:46:44 AM »
So ... I'm leaning towards buying a Polar, anyone skated the P2 or Kev1 shapes?

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2017, 07:26:20 AM »
Those Girl chair graphics are really good. They remind me of better days.

calvinsdream

« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2017, 11:39:53 AM »

Really curious about the entire side cutouts, it looks like?

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »
I don't know.. I looked as close as I could, and I don't think those are cutouts. I thought so at first too, but if you look super closely the grain of the bottom ply seems to go through the different colours on the edge, which would suggest that its a fancy stain trick/colouring instead of a cutout.

I thought it would be cool, but what would be the point? And wouldn't it kind of weaken the deck?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #275 on: October 08, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »
Contemplating buying some spit f4 conicals, I can't track down the Pushers I usually skate so I gotta find something else for now. I can't stand spitfire and hate the color of them. But they are the only conicals my local has  :-\

Joe Pesci

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2017, 10:27:15 PM »
Contemplating buying some spit f4 conicals, I can't track down the Pushers I usually skate so I gotta find something else for now. I can't stand spitfire and hate the color of them. But they are the only conicals my local has  :-\
Is Pusher done?
All you got is today, get out and skate.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: October 08, 2017, 10:35:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Pusher done?
No, they are just sold out of 54mm conical wheels I usually skate.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2017, 10:40:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Pusher done?
[close]
What's wrong with Spitfire? You a rollerblader or something?
you never know about pre-cum 

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Pusher done?
[close]
[close]
HA, Na , I don't get the hype i guess. I just don't like spitfire in general. I have never had a set that I liked or thought skated well. I have flatspotted some in less than an hour, had others break in half, others wore down too quickly for how much they cost. But... I have never tried the F4s that everyone swears by. I might try them if the shop has a white set other than that i don't like the weird tan color ones.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2017, 11:41:44 PM »
I don't know.. I looked as close as I could, and I don't think those are cutouts. I thought so at first too, but if you look super closely the grain of the bottom ply seems to go through the different colours on the edge, which would suggest that its a fancy stain trick/colouring instead of a cutout.

I thought it would be cool, but what would be the point? And wouldn't it kind of weaken the deck?

I saw a vid of that board in the dlx office on someone's insta story. Unless my eyesight is seriously defective, they are real cutouts. Though I don't quite understand the functional advantage either... reduced weight????

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2017, 01:04:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Pusher done?
[close]
[close]
[close]
HA, Na , I don't get the hype i guess. I just don't like spitfire in general. I have never had a set that I liked or thought skated well. I have flatspotted some in less than an hour, had others break in half, others wore down too quickly for how much they cost. But... I have never tried the F4s that everyone swears by. I might try them if the shop has a white set other than that i don't like the weird tan color ones.

There are no white F4s.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #283 on: October 09, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »

kev1 is like a welcome nimbus 3000

P2 is rad, P1 is the best one
good come sausage

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #284 on: October 09, 2017, 07:48:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Pusher done?
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

There are no white F4s.

Not only that, but F4s are a whole new wheel. The classic formula and older don't compare at all! You don't get the hype cause you aren't willing to try the wheel that everyone loves.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2017, 08:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Pusher done?
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

There are no white F4s.
[close]

Not only that, but F4s are a whole new wheel. The classic formula and older don't compare at all! You don't get the hype cause you aren't willing to try the wheel that everyone loves.

Moe likes his little companies leave him be

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: October 09, 2017, 08:54:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Pusher done?
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

There are no white F4s.
[close]

[close]

I don't get the hype because I have never had an outstanding experience with anything spitfire related. Even before the new formulas all my friends swore by spitfire, I could never understand why. Thats why I'm hesitant. 
SFB its true I do prefer the smaller companies, mostly because some good people I know run them and they are worth supporting.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: October 09, 2017, 09:53:38 AM »

They are cutouts
https://instagram.com/p/BaCM2njgpUi/

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #288 on: October 09, 2017, 11:49:59 AM »
I'm so confused. Hurricanes, floods, weird side cutouts.. Is it the end of the world?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
I had no idea it was my board's fault that I couldn't do hurricanes*. This fucking piece of shit after all these years it comes at me like this??

*jk I can do hurricanes**

** I have done hurricanes

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Pusher done?
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

There are no white F4s.
[close]

[close]

[close]
I don't get the hype because I have never had an outstanding experience with anything spitfire related. Even before the new formulas all my friends swore by spitfire, I could never understand why. Thats why I'm hesitant. 
SFB its true I do prefer the smaller companies, mostly because some good people I know run them and they are worth supporting.

i too like small companies but i have to admit there isn't anything better than conical full f4 56mm best wheel on this side of the mississipi
good come sausage

N.L.

« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2017, 01:55:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
They are cutouts
https://instagram.com/p/BaCM2njgpUi/

If they can go through the effort to cut out the rails how about some wheel wells??

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2017, 02:00:58 PM »
Could you imagine landing primo on that cutout edge :-*

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2017, 04:06:05 PM »
Could you imagine landing primo on that cutout edge :-*
Can you imagine having a set up just to do hurricanes

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: October 09, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

cheers mate! I'm already riding a square tail/ tapered nose type board so perhaps the P2 is the better choice. I just saw a kev1 shaped gripped up though and it looked damn sexy.
Did you find the 14.5 wheelbase on the P2 too long, or was it pretty chill?
Funny that Pontus has all these shapes up his sleeve but only around 2-3 get touched in each season.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #295 on: October 09, 2017, 05:59:56 PM »
Someone explain to me the purpose of those antihero cut out rail boards, is it for maximum dipped smiths or is it a grab thing?

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2017, 05:12:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
cheers mate! I'm already riding a square tail/ tapered nose type board so perhaps the P2 is the better choice. I just saw a kev1 shaped gripped up though and it looked damn sexy.
Did you find the 14.5 wheelbase on the P2 too long, or was it pretty chill?
Funny that Pontus has all these shapes up his sleeve but only around 2-3 get touched in each season.

i'm no wheelbase nerd but it felt fine. kev1 is cool but it definitely has a good amount of taper to it so i'd be mindful of that. P1 is great if you like a really fat nose...i've got an aaron herrington P1 just begging to be set up...green one

good come sausage

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2017, 06:15:37 AM »

been thinking about one of these for the longest time now

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2017, 06:16:35 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZzLoEOHUsK/?taken-by=girlskateboards

This. My friend had the Colin McKay chair deck, remember when he was on Girl?

There's all sorts of goofy Palace shit I contemplate buying, same with some Supeeme shit. My girl looks out for me though, she reminds me that being in your 30's and wearing what the non skateboard community considers "hype beast" clothing makes me look like a community college weed dealer.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

calvinsdream

« Reply #299 on: October 10, 2017, 06:26:16 AM »

This. My friend had the Colin McKay chair deck, remember when he was on Girl?

There's all sorts of goofy Palace shit I contemplate buying, same with some Supeeme shit. My girl looks out for me though, she reminds me that being in your 30's and wearing what the non skateboard community considers "hype beast" clothing makes me look like a community college weed dealer.

smart girl