Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324513 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2017, 07:15:21 PM »
I've got like 6(?) prospective boards I want to buy so I'm going to list them here so I don't forget, any input on them would be preeshed!

that doom sayers I posted above in 8.4 with fat nose - deluxe wood, short wheelbase, big nose. If this was a magnenta or a passport I probably would have already pulled the trigger on it

Passport 8.5 (8.75?) tiles board, shaped - stepped on one last week in a shop in Tokyo and feel like I would absolutely love it. Kinda want to get off the square tail bandwagon for a while though and get back on something I can get more "tech" with

Antihero 8.28 shaped Raney board - another one I saw over the weekend, I honestly think the shape is pretty much prefect for me and it's deluxe wood with a classic graphic. Probably a season or two old but I doubt that would affect deluxe's quality too much would it?

Weekend 8.25 on green w/ gold logo - simple graphic and that fucking nose! peeps were saying hockey skated like old adrenalins which kinda piqued my interest in PS Stix again. Am on a welcome at the moment and wanted to try up some different wood if possible, this board may keep me on the ps bandwagon though.

Northern Co. 8.25 mountain graphic - one of these popped up on my feed this morning with split bottom plies and it is a work of art. Again though, I'm having trouble finding wheelbase dimensions for this one and want to keep it 14.25 or below. Also, are their concaves super steep? Site I'm looking at is saying fairly steep... heard great things about SC wood and I'm keen to try one of the last made in USA woodshops

polar 8.25 dear skating striped mint board - Salman homage graphic, great dimensions and it's polar. looked at a few of their shaped boards too but the wheelbase is always 14.5 plus and I kinda want to size down in that department.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:25:33 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2017, 07:31:27 PM »
I've got like 6(?) prospective boards I want to buy so I'm going to list them here so I don't forget, any input on them would be preeshed!

that doom sayers I posted above in 8.4 with fat nose - deluxe wood, short wheelbase, big nose. If this was a magnenta or a passport I probably would have already pulled the trigger on it

Passport 8.5 (8.75?) tiles board, shaped - stepped on one last week in a shop in Tokyo and feel like I would absolutely love it. Kinda want to get off the square tail bandwagon for a while though and get back on something I can get more "tech" with

Antihero 8.28 shaped Raney board - another one I saw over the weekend, I honestly think the shape is pretty much prefect for me and it's deluxe wood with a classic graphic. Probably a season or two old but I doubt that would affect deluxe's quality too much would it?

Weekend 8.25 on green w/ gold logo - simple graphic and that fucking nose! peeps were saying hockey skated like old adrenalins which kinda piqued my interest in PS Stix again. Am on a welcome at the moment and wanted to try up some different wood if possible, this board may keep me on the ps bandwagon though.

Northern Co. 8.25 mountain graphic - one of these popped up on my feed this morning with split bottom plies and it is a work of art. Again though, I'm having trouble finding wheelbase dimensions for this one and want to keep it 14.25 or below. Also, are their concaves super steep? Site I'm looking at is saying fairly steep... heard great things about SC wood and I'm keen to try one of the last made in USA woodshops

polar 8.25 dear skating striped mint board - Salman homage graphic, great dimensions and it's polar. looked at a few of their shaped boards too but the wheelbase is always 14.5 plus and I kinda want to size down in that department.
I loved the WKND board I had a little while ago. The more square shape was a nice change from what I have been skating recently. 
Can’t go wrong with a Northern Co mountain board though. The concave on the south central boards are on the medium side not really all that steep.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »
Anyone skated one of those doom sayers 8.4 shovel boards? Don't really know much about the brand but that shape/ wheelbase combo looks nice

I was under the impression the 8.4 Doomwood shovel and the Antihero Miorana shovel shape we're twins. so dont think of it as a doomsayers board but just that good dlx wood

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2017, 08:32:38 PM »

A deck that is too seasons old will be fine. I skated an alien Dylan Rieder board recently god knows how old it was. It skated great!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2017, 09:09:37 PM »
A deck that is too seasons old will be fine. I skated an alien Dylan Rieder board recently god knows how old it was. It skated great!
yeah, I'm sure it will be fine. My wife has one of my old magenta boards from 4+ years ago and it still pops great.

I was under the impression the 8.4 Doomwood shovel and the Antihero Miorana shovel shape we're twins. so dont think of it as a doomsayers board but just that good dlx wood
yeah, the graphics aren't terrible either (https://www.tactics.com/doom-sayers-club/inaugural-84-shovel-shape-skateboard-deck) I just don't have any affiliation with them whatsoever.

I loved the WKND board I had a little while ago. The more square shape was a nice change from what I have been skating recently. 
Can’t go wrong with a Northern Co mountain board though. The concave on the south central boards are on the medium side not really all that steep.
cheers moe! the nose on the wknd just looks like so much fun. good to hear about the northern co. concave, it's pink/ green spilt stain and it is teasing me as it sits in my shopping cart.

gnars for feeding my deck OCD boys, got my credit card waiting for these Black Friday sales

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2017, 05:45:59 AM »
Anyone skated the Huf Hupper 2 Lo?

Also any word on the Hupper 2 Hi?

hupper 2 high spotted on Jake Anderson's instagram in some video clip noted they will be out "real soon"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbdoTp7DSD1/?hl=en&taken-by=vtanderson_
good come sausage

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2017, 07:25:42 AM »
 I'm looking at this board called the Dogtown Bigfoot.  Looks fun maybe.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #367 on: November 20, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the Huf Hupper 2 Lo?

Also any word on the Hupper 2 Hi?
[close]

hupper 2 high spotted on Jake Anderson's instagram in some video clip noted they will be out "real soon"

Thanks guy!
(Cool Trick GIF)

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »
i really want to get the manderson one stars but im sure they will be too narrow. i tried on a pair of 10s that are .5 too small and i still almost bought them because i want them so bad.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: November 20, 2017, 04:23:51 PM »
i really want to get the manderson one stars but im sure they will be too narrow. i tried on a pair of 10s that are .5 too small and i still almost bought them because i want them so bad.
channel your inner beastie boy

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #370 on: November 20, 2017, 04:29:56 PM »
My inner beastie boy would direct me to breakpoints because of the gratitude video.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2017, 08:55:20 AM »
I don't really need any more shoes, but zumiez is having a Black Friday online sale and Ive really wanted to try a pair of states, the Hudson in navy for $25 and maybe the Romero/independent for $35 ill probably give in once I have a couple drinks over the weekend

Are Hudson's true to size?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:57:22 AM by expired »

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »
Has anyone tried skating in the Nike bruin max vapors? Contemplating buying a pair for work.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »
somehow managed to avoid buying any decks during the Black Friday sales, still want a new board/ wheels though.
Looks like the polar ship has sailed for me but I've still got that passport and northern co. in my sights and now I'm also lusting after one of those theories x traffic boards  or one of the theories 10 year anniversary boards. so much good shit around at the moment...

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2017, 12:21:41 AM »
somehow managed to avoid buying any decks during the Black Friday sales, still want a new board/ wheels though.
Looks like the polar ship has sailed for me but I've still got that passport and northern co. in my sights and now I'm also lusting after one of those theories x traffic boards  or one of the theories 10 year anniversary boards. so much good shit around at the moment...
Why's the Polar ship sailed? I'm on a heavy Polar kick right now, plus I love their shapes. I haven't understood why so many people stick to a few brands until now, I'm in love.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2017, 12:58:31 AM »
Why's the Polar ship sailed?
just because I can't get one shipped out here for cheap anymore now that the sales have finished. Was looking at the nick boserio P2 shape or the Ron chatman/ dear skating in kev 1 shape. I could still actually get one of those kev 1 shapes over here but I want to go UNDER 14.5 wheelbase and I want a square/ chunky nose (hence me looking at the P2 shape).
That's why I was originally looking at the doom sayers shovel but then got interrupted because traffic is pulling at my nostalgia strings. Also found one of these: https://theories-of-atlantis.myshopify.com/collections/traffic/products/traffic-matchbook-series in 8.38 with a big square tail which looks like it could be a lot of fun, just wondering how many seasons old it is... ahhh SLAP you've gone and fucked my board OCD nice and good.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #376 on: November 30, 2017, 04:21:28 PM »
northern co., traffic/ theories or passport?
can't make up my mind...

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #377 on: December 02, 2017, 08:08:43 AM »
in the 21 years I've been skating I've only rode independent trucks except for when I was in middle school and gimmicky skate tech got the best of me and I got my mom to buy me some of those stupid tensor slider trucks but lately I've been thinking about buying a set of ace 55's. I've been wanting to try a set out for a while (mostly because I think they look cool) but I really like the way indy 169's ride, anybody have experience with both trucks that can shine some light on the situation?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #378 on: December 02, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »
in the 21 years I've been skating I've only rode independent trucks except for when I was in middle school and gimmicky skate tech got the best of me and I got my mom to buy me some of those stupid tensor slider trucks but lately I've been thinking about buying a set of ace 55's. I've been wanting to try a set out for a while (mostly because I think they look cool) but I really like the way indy 169's ride, anybody have experience with both trucks that can shine some light on the situation?

Haven't skated indys for a while, but I would definitely recommend trying ace 55s. Like everyone says, the turn is really surfy. You can have it really loose and it will still be stable, or you can tighten it up more and it will still turn. They do shorten the wheel base of your setup a little more than indys do though so keep that in mind.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #379 on: December 03, 2017, 04:55:15 AM »
Aiight cool, I think I'm gonna go ahead a bit a set the. I've got a 9.5" shaped deck laying around that I've been wanting to set up and I think these will be great for it.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2017, 12:01:20 AM »
Kinda wanna squander some wealth on this. Would be a wall board.

GOATMOON

• Rep: -1
« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2017, 10:48:14 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up some blazers, but how supportive are they compared to the average vulc sole? Just the regular low version, not the GTs if that makes any difference

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up some blazers, but how supportive are they compared to the average vulc sole? Just the regular low version, not the GTs if that makes any difference

been skating the regular black and white non gt blazers and they are nice. I originally thought that they had the blazer mid herringbone sole, but they actually have the gt blazer sole. its a smaller more shallow herringbone which seems to wear down faster than the ones on the mid's. thats my only complaint. Pretty sure ill just ride mid's from now on though, the ankle support is pretty nice.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2017, 05:42:40 PM »
im past contemplating and ready to buy some manderson one stars but i cant find them in 10.5 in the states.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #384 on: December 05, 2017, 06:24:15 PM »
doom sayers double shovel board 8.58, anyone ever ridden one on here?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2017, 08:22:55 PM »
      {gear review so far) -My g slide 56mms came in.  they are fast and maybe a lil wider than I usually like but they glide along really well. They have a  nylon core which is bigger than other cores so the wheel's urethane can be soft without deforming under weight as much as usual soft wheels do.  I got the expensive urethane pivot cups and it's a nicer pivot cup than the regular ones.  You feel the diference.  Still waiting on my dogtown bigfoot deck from socal. And I got these 1/16 inch shock pads to put under the trucks.  I don't thing the hardcore barrel bushings I got are meant for indy's.  I'll just sand the height on them down to make them fit later.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #386 on: December 05, 2017, 08:49:58 PM »
I always wanted to setup that new Gonz beemer board with some 215's and Tactics currently has a similar one thats 9.96 wide so I'm really considering it. Has anyone here ever setup a board that big?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:57:55 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #387 on: December 05, 2017, 09:01:13 PM »
I always wanted to setup that new Gonz beemer board with some 215's and Tactics currently has a similar one thats 9.96 wide so I'm really considering it. Has anyone here ever setup a board that big?

For a second i thought you meant one of those bevelled out ones that were super limited, i wouldve been on it in a heartbeat.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #388 on: December 05, 2017, 09:05:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For a second i thought you meant one of those bevelled out ones that were super limited, i wouldve been on it in a heartbeat.

No yeah i wanted one of those too but were sold out quick. I saw a few people posted therm on ebay for a few hundred bucks which sucks because I actually wanna just skate it.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: December 06, 2017, 06:34:46 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

That Beamer beveled shit is all Wes Humson.  He's got a company (bds) and you can contact him and get in line for a custom order Beamer.   Gonz has been riding his boards for the last couple of years and thought he'd use Wes's shit (board design and the word "beamer") and use it for krooked.  He also referred to the Beamer as his design in a ad for krooked
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:37:33 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »