Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324539 times)

Zane and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

shripshrapper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #690 on: October 09, 2018, 03:26:17 PM »

Seriously thinking of these. I'm worried I'm letting nostalgia get the best of me..

rip louis b.k.

• Rep: 15
  • im fadies
« Reply #691 on: October 10, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »

Seriously thinking of these. I'm worried I'm letting nostalgia get the best of me..

they skate so well but blow out in the toe really quick so just have the shoe goo/super glue ready

Pigeon

« Reply #692 on: November 26, 2018, 10:27:22 PM »

Gumption

• Rep: 1
« Reply #693 on: November 27, 2018, 01:01:36 PM »
Thinking about grabbing these Quasi cm pants. Anyone have them/skated in them?

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #694 on: November 27, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »
^ Those look nice. I'm thinking of getting this deck.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

SoapyEyes

• Rep: 0
« Reply #695 on: November 28, 2018, 10:35:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Supra has the alternate Greco colors available now, and I’m seriously contemplating the gold pair.
[close]
They’re fucking ugly but I want them too for some reason.
Y'all are smoking dick these look like fuckin elf shoes

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #696 on: December 07, 2018, 07:42:37 AM »
43mm oj's or anything under 45mm tbh. I'm having a hard time finding them in the us..

A shop in canada has them, but they are holding out

Also, F4 classic 52's next on the realistic list
Which shop in Canada has them?

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #697 on: December 07, 2018, 08:28:55 AM »
Vans high tops are sick if you don't want any padding, and you regularly rotate/use your ankles properly.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
43mm oj's or anything under 45mm tbh. I'm having a hard time finding them in the us..

A shop in canada has them, but they are holding out

Also, F4 classic 52's next on the realistic list
[close]
Which shop in Canada has them?
[close]

https://www.longboarderlabs.com/product/oj-wheels-color-berries-42mm-101a/
http://www.a51.ca/skateshop/shop/product/oj-color-berries-101a-42mm/

They'll ship to you no problem. If you ever are looking for shit and wanna check in Canada area51 or sanction are the best online stuff. Those other dudes are weird. I dunno why they wouldn't ship to the USA.

eight two fives

« Reply #698 on: December 09, 2018, 06:33:03 PM »
Do I want Ace 55s? I just bought an 8.75.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #699 on: December 10, 2018, 03:50:47 AM »

this graphic weirdly speaks to me, it kinda conveys some dystopian future that transports me elsewhere emotionally. dont ask why cus idk. i really don't need a board right now—haven't even set up my black friday deck. but man i like this deck... idek if i'd skate it.

i think next shoe for me will be slapper-recommended NB#440 once they come out with some colorways that i like better. too bad the tom knox one is sold out everywhere.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #700 on: December 10, 2018, 04:03:40 AM »
  9 inch krux.  I had the 8.75s back when they made them and that's when I had tre flips every time.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #701 on: December 10, 2018, 02:36:03 PM »
Jeff Carlyle makes me wanna get sk8 hi pros but I know the sole's gonna end up separating just like the other two pairs of Vans I've owned

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

GET BORN

« Reply #702 on: December 10, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »
Jeff Carlyle makes me wanna get sk8 hi pros but I know the sole's gonna end up separating just like the other two pairs of Vans I've owned
Then don’t do it you goof, how you doing by the way Jay?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #703 on: December 10, 2018, 06:17:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haha who is this? Probably won't but also I've only skated classics and still need to give pros a try so there's a very real chance that I will

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Seduction

• Rep: 5
« Reply #704 on: December 10, 2018, 07:53:02 PM »

this graphic weirdly speaks to me, it kinda conveys some dystopian future that transports me elsewhere emotionally. dont ask why cus idk. i really don't need a board right now—haven't even set up my black friday deck. but man i like this deck... idek if i'd skate it.

i think next shoe for me will be slapper-recommended NB#440 once they come out with some colorways that i like better. too bad the tom knox one is sold out everywhere.
It’s from the  Rollerball(1975) movie poster. “The year is 2018 in a futuristic society where corporations have replaced countries. A violent futuristic game known as Rollerball is the recreational sport of the world”.

Your emotions are on point

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 2
« Reply #705 on: December 10, 2018, 10:12:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It’s from the  Rollerball(1975) movie poster. “The year is 2018 in a futuristic society where corporations have replaced countries. A violent futuristic game known as Rollerball is the recreational sport of the world”.

Awesome graphic. I love how they tied in a film that depicts what 2018 would be like a drop the graphic same year. Now if only we had a company in 1984 release a 1984 orwellian themed deck..

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #706 on: December 11, 2018, 12:16:36 AM »
Thinking about grabbing these Quasi cm pants. Anyone have them/skated in them?

They are comfortable as hell but have 3% of stretch fabric. Knee bagging guaranteed.

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #707 on: December 11, 2018, 10:56:24 AM »
Early Xmas present to myself!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #708 on: December 11, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »

Anyone skate or no anyone that skates the DC legacy? I've yet to see them in the wild, around here, so i think I may have to become that dude. Anyone skate em?

GET BORN

« Reply #709 on: December 11, 2018, 07:55:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Haha who is this? Probably won't but also I've only skated classics and still need to give pros a try so there's a very real chance that I will
Noe, been a long ass time dude, how are the guys? Hope all is well xoxo

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #710 on: December 12, 2018, 04:50:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

had seen the movie, but hadint seen the poster, thats sick though. great reference. up there with the rick kasso board they had.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #711 on: December 12, 2018, 07:45:01 PM »
6 year old deck that was someones wallhanger.  $25 on craigslist.  9.25" Real.

Not sure of the integrity of the wood and how it was stored, and I just built up an 8.75 deck that I haven't skated yet because it's snowing.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:47:11 PM by backinaction »

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #712 on: December 13, 2018, 05:24:42 AM »
I too have been thinking about tiny wheels lately, I have never skated anything smaller than 52 mm and my usual size is 55. A set of like 42 mm wheels might be fun, something different to goof around with now and then.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #713 on: December 13, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »

Anyone skate or no anyone that skates the DC legacy? I've yet to see them in the wild, around here, so i think I may have to become that dude. Anyone skate em?
A dude was selling them hella cheap here and rode around on my board jus to get a feel of the shoe. I was previously skating the éS Accel (the OG ones not the slim version) and they were not that different in terms of boardfeel, they were a bit stiffer but Im guessing that is something that goes away once they are broken in.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #714 on: December 14, 2018, 02:50:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's crazy man thanks for that! that movie has been on my to-watch list for years, so after i read this on tuesday i had to watch it right away. now i want this board even more, but it'd be a wall hanger and idk if i should spend my cash on that at the moment...
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #715 on: December 14, 2018, 06:22:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
A dude was selling them hella cheap here and rode around on my board jus to get a feel of the shoe. I was previously skating the éS Accel (the OG ones not the slim version) and they were not that different in terms of boardfeel, they were a bit stiffer but Im guessing that is something that goes away once they are broken in.
If they're anything like the legacy slim they'll stay pretty stiff but in a good way. You don't have that floppy bullshit stage where you want to stop skating them in between new and blown out. You feel supported the whole way through.

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #716 on: December 26, 2018, 12:39:41 PM »

I would hate to ride an Element board but this 8.3 shaped keith haring deck is calling me on this day

Coffee Shop George

« Reply #717 on: December 31, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »
I’m trying to find a non-hooded, non-puffy jacket that does good for 20-40 F.  Made in USA or any European country.

burn_to_live

• You had to be there.
« Reply #718 on: December 31, 2018, 02:44:13 PM »
I’m trying to find a non-hooded, non-puffy jacket that does good for 20-40 F.  Made in USA or any European country.
Patagonia
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #719 on: December 31, 2018, 02:49:03 PM »
Been wanting to get the polar football shaped deck but I’m used to 32+ length. Anyone try one yet?