Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 326879 times)

Torre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #870 on: April 11, 2019, 04:39:10 PM »

i really want these and if im honest not even to skate them; maybe to cruise to work at most.
they're just really aesthetically pleasing to me.
haven't tried city cups on, so that's holding me back. also money.
I’m skating the red suede ones, and tbh they would have been totally shot, hole in the toe from kickflip and a hole in the side on the Ollie area, in 2 weeks of it weren’t for shoe goo. Love the way they feel on the board but not worth it if you aren’t doing anything to extend the life of your skate shoes

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #871 on: April 11, 2019, 06:03:37 PM »

Same here I want both of these and would put 169s on either but I’m holding back as I have a brand new deck untouched on those trucks now

169s on the winkowski skate great, the shape makes it so that they fit perfect

somehow I hadn't considered 169s and just jumped right to 215s but this sounds perfect i'm gonna get them as well. Just to be a dick I'm going to get hollow ones

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #872 on: April 11, 2019, 06:40:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am currently attracted to the Kodak collection with Girl.

The Rick Howard deck and some of the shirts are of interest to me.

But Crail wood is not great, right?
[close]

Heard on slap that new Crail wood is good?? never bought crail so wouldn’t know first hand
[close]
crail wood is pretty trashy. Anybody who says that crail wood is good either doesn't skate, is completely regular, or is mismatching the brand or manufacturer
[close]

I just starting riding crail again after like 20 years of not and I think it's pretty good.  I'll go get checked out.
[close]
Compared to other brands, crail is not as durable or solid. What brand are you using thats made by crail cuz not all of their brands suck completely
[close]

I'm skating a new girl b-ball series deck and it's lasting me just as long as a generator deck. Noticeably different from their old wood and the heat transfer graphics doesn't flake off anymore.

Currently on the city series and it’s flaking by the truck, but that stuff generally doesn’t bother me and I’m having a great time on the shape

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #873 on: April 12, 2019, 06:04:25 AM »

Skating the Banana & Sword and havin' a cool fucken time on it

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #874 on: April 12, 2019, 06:08:19 AM »
Classic formula Spitfires. Haven't skated a set in many years and am kind of curious about how they feel compared to F4s.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #875 on: April 12, 2019, 07:50:34 AM »
Classic formula Spitfires. Haven't skated a set in many years and am kind of curious about how they feel compared to F4s.

I love the set I have now actually. Only reason I got them was because they were on sale. However I will be buying some more next time I need wheels.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #876 on: April 12, 2019, 07:54:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love the set I have now actually. Only reason I got them was because they were on sale. However I will be buying some more next time I need wheels.

Nice. What kind of stuff do you usually skate? I skate a lot of rough ground and heard that they feel nice in those kinds of situations.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #877 on: April 12, 2019, 08:31:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nice. What kind of stuff do you usually skate? I skate a lot of rough ground and heard that they feel nice in those kinds of situations.

Yea i was on stf V2s for a while. They slide really well but they would chatter so bad on the streets. Especially going for a while and at any decent speed my feet would feel fucking numb. The classics are just grippy enough while still hard enough to slide. The V2s would chip a lot as well on the shitty ground. I think ill stick with Classics until i feel the need to switch up. They feel really nice right now.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #878 on: April 12, 2019, 09:40:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea i was on stf V2s for a while. They slide really well but they would chatter so bad on the streets. Especially going for a while and at any decent speed my feet would feel fucking numb. The classics are just grippy enough while still hard enough to slide. The V2s would chip a lot as well on the shitty ground. I think ill stick with Classics until i feel the need to switch up. They feel really nice right now.

Word, going to give them shot!

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #879 on: April 12, 2019, 11:29:35 AM »
Has anyone skated any Sour boards? I wanna get one, but im not sure how the concave is. Anyone have any experience with them?

switchbs180

« Reply #880 on: April 12, 2019, 12:53:46 PM »
Has anyone skated any Sour boards? I wanna get one, but im not sure how the concave is. Anyone have any experience with them?

I had a deck from the first run they did. The shape felt really similar to dlx boards. mellow concave and not too pointy nose and tail. But I heard they're using HLC wood in Europe now. Not sure about the US tho.

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #881 on: April 12, 2019, 02:53:17 PM »

I'm doing that right now for the first time because the shop didn't have f4 classics. Also pulled the trigger on nb420's they had.
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #882 on: April 12, 2019, 02:59:37 PM »
Expand Quote

i really want these and if im honest not even to skate them; maybe to cruise to work at most.
[close]
I’m skating the red suede ones, and tbh they would have been totally shot, hole in the toe from kickflip and a hole in the side on the Ollie area, in 2 weeks of it weren’t for shoe goo. Love the way they feel on the board but not worth it if you aren’t doing anything to extend the life of your skate shoes

are they tts for you? (the question i ask most on slap)
i haven't tried them on since they came out. yeah im convinced i wouldnt skate them if i were to get em
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #883 on: April 13, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »
wanna try these Spitfire OG classics, but I can't find them anywhere.  Anyone know if they're out yet?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #884 on: April 13, 2019, 11:47:27 PM »
I think SoCal skates has them, if you find em post up a photo. I wanna see how fat these ones are

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #885 on: April 14, 2019, 02:32:03 AM »
Just another kooky coping bonker for the "bowl riders" to order online
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #886 on: April 14, 2019, 05:05:44 AM »
I think SoCal skates has them, if you find em post up a photo. I wanna see how fat these ones are

So what's the difference between these and regular classics besides the graphics?

http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=96921

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #887 on: April 14, 2019, 10:10:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

are they tts for you? (the question i ask most on slap)
i haven't tried them on since they came out. yeah im convinced i wouldnt skate them if i were to get em

I wear 10 in most Nike’s and all vans. 9.5 in these and all other Adidas.

Suprised to hear these blew out super fast for some people. I skated a pair pretty regularly for a month with a fresh board and they held up really well until they got floppy. I did super glue the stitching though.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:19:57 PM by daewonbong3000 »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #888 on: April 17, 2019, 12:15:21 PM »
I want something like a Chocolate Skidul shape, but the wheelbase/overall length on the Skidul is a little too short. Anyone able to recommend something similar?

Considering a Polar P9, which isn't quite as round but looks similarly tapered.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #889 on: April 17, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So what's the difference between these and regular classics besides the graphics?

they're like a conical classic i think
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

GasTheHostage

• Rep: -23
« Reply #890 on: April 18, 2019, 06:21:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't know what he means by regular classics, but these OG classics are the exact same size as f4 classics.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #891 on: April 18, 2019, 06:32:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I don't know what he means by regular classics, but these OG classics are the exact same size as f4 classics.
Spitfire classics is the same as f4 classics, og classics are conical/full

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #892 on: April 18, 2019, 06:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ok thanks man, that makes sense. If anyone gets them be sure to let us know how they are.

GasTheHostage

« Reply #893 on: April 18, 2019, 06:51:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
There is no way that spitfire og classics are conical because conicals are larger. These OG classics are the same shape and size as the f4 classics.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #894 on: April 18, 2019, 07:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
There is no way that spitfire og classics are conical because conicals are larger. These OG classics are the same shape and size as the f4 classics.

I literally held the "og classics" in a shop, they are conical/ wide cut

GasTheHostage

« Reply #895 on: April 18, 2019, 09:14:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

I literally held the "og classics" in a shop, they are conical/ wide cut
Well they clearly were not and you are very mistaken. Its called a classic for a reason you dyslexic bitch

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #896 on: April 18, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
Looks like a Conical Full to me

subparcurbslapper

• Rep: 2
« Reply #897 on: April 18, 2019, 09:43:27 AM »
Well they clearly were not and you are very mistaken. Its called a classic for a reason you dyslexic bitch
Why do you constantly aggressively talk shit about stuff that you clearly don't know shit about?

Larry Dallas

« Reply #898 on: April 18, 2019, 10:02:45 AM »
OG shape, classic formula.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #899 on: April 18, 2019, 10:17:32 AM »

It's a fucking banner, on this fucking forum.