Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324541 times)

rip louis b.k.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
  • im fadies
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #930 on: April 28, 2019, 08:02:31 AM »
been thinking about trucks, i'm kinda over krux, looking at ventures and all terrain tensors, never thought i'd ever look at these brands

SadandLonely

• Rep: -30
« Reply #931 on: April 28, 2019, 08:41:26 PM »
Ventures and loop holes. That or spitfire classic formula

curbdrop

• Rep: 3
« Reply #932 on: May 06, 2019, 12:18:00 PM »
The new reds six ball bearings even though i have an unopened pack of Autobahn in my drawer.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #933 on: May 06, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »
Found Nike blazer lows non-sb at a Ross and a pair of black leather Adidas City Cups at Burlington Coat Factory, both are $30 and I'm desperate for cheap shoes - which should I go for?

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #934 on: May 06, 2019, 01:23:05 PM »
The new reds six ball bearings even though i have an unopened pack of Autobahn in my drawer.

I had two sets of Autobahn with the blue shields.  I was really happy with them. Even when they got older and sounded horrible they were still fast.   Thumbs up on them.

curbdrop

• Rep: 3
« Reply #935 on: May 06, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had two sets of Autobahn with the blue shields.  I was really happy with them. Even when they got older and sounded horrible they were still fast.   Thumbs up on them.

Preesh the feedback.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #936 on: May 06, 2019, 11:43:59 PM »
Moving back to my country for a while so because of weight I shouldn't get anything but the wait for my Ace's is killing me and at my local skateshop they got Krux for a really nice price and I'm kinda tempted.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #937 on: May 06, 2019, 11:45:59 PM »
Moving back to my country for a while so because of weight I shouldn't get anything but the wait for my Ace's is killing me and at my local skateshop they got Krux for a really nice price and I'm kinda tempted.

I've skated tons of krux - have never had any problems

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #938 on: May 07, 2019, 05:34:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Always reading comments about how they don't turn
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #939 on: May 07, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
They're wierd, I got a set of silas/adidas mid hollow downlow-pin in 8,0 and they steered super wierd/bad, and I tried a friends 8,0 k4, they were also wierd. I asked a different friend how he could skate krux, they turn like shit, but he was on 5,5 and they actually did turn really well. last year I skated a set of forged k4 8.25 and had zero issues

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #940 on: May 07, 2019, 07:30:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

get the Highs, they turn fine.  people hating are full of shit.  they just look a little goofy.  get the polished silver or the raw
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #941 on: May 07, 2019, 10:43:18 PM »
The t-shirt. Not contemplating, I want to buy.  It's impossible to find.  I can find 800,000 Indy shirts though.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #942 on: May 08, 2019, 12:26:07 AM »
This is calling out to me.

If I were to pull the trigger I'd love to throw aces on it and give those a whirl - do they make aces that would fit a 10" board?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #943 on: May 08, 2019, 12:49:51 AM »

If I were to pull the trigger I'd love to throw aces on it and give those a whirl - do they make aces that would fit a 10" board?

Aces 66, the biggest, axle is 9.35" supposedly for board 9.12-9.62" but it should work just fine.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #944 on: May 08, 2019, 01:04:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Aces 66, the biggest, axle is 9.35" supposedly for board 9.12-9.62" but it should work just fine.

I just spent forever reading the "Big Boards" thread and came to the same conclusion. Thanks for the input!

whenyousleep

• Rep: 2
« Reply #945 on: May 12, 2019, 10:55:14 AM »
I really want a pair of the ATG Tensors, seems like everyone really likes them

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #946 on: May 12, 2019, 04:31:52 PM »
I really want a pair of the ATG Tensors, seems like everyone really likes them

I have the maglight ATG. They are fine. If you want light trucks you ain’t getting lighter than that

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #947 on: May 12, 2019, 04:34:37 PM »

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/powell-peralta--caballero-ban-this-dragon--skateboard-deck-bones-brigade-red-10-15407-p.asp

100% Canadian Maple
Medium concave
Profile : Single Kick
10.47" x 31.0"
4.5" nose (Almost Flat- slight spoon)*
6.5" tail*
15.0" wheelbase (inside to inside holes)
Old Skool pattern truck Holes
Width over front truck : 9.5"
Width over rear truck : 8.625"

Old school truck hole pattern could be an issue.  Do you have any Indy 6 hole baseplates and a drill?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: May 12, 2019, 05:03:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/powell-peralta--caballero-ban-this-dragon--skateboard-deck-bones-brigade-red-10-15407-p.asp

100% Canadian Maple
Medium concave
Profile : Single Kick
10.47" x 31.0"
4.5" nose (Almost Flat- slight spoon)*
6.5" tail*
15.0" wheelbase (inside to inside holes)
Old Skool pattern truck Holes
Width over front truck : 9.5"
Width over rear truck : 8.625"

Old school truck hole pattern could be an issue.  Do you have any Indy 6 hole baseplates and a drill?

I ended up grabbing the Winkowski Santa Cruz shape but used this site as reference for every deck that was in consideration. It fucking rules.

edit: revisiting this thread is making me want that cab deck all over again though..

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #949 on: May 25, 2019, 09:57:28 AM »
8.25 ventures! Was going to grab a sale pair of the 8.5s until I saw the .25s ship tuesday

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #950 on: May 26, 2019, 06:03:40 PM »
8.25 ventures! Was going to grab a sale pair of the 8.5s until I saw the .25s ship tuesday

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm glad they're doing an 8.25 trucks. I'm gonna get a set of them once they come out.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #951 on: May 28, 2019, 05:35:56 PM »
I really, really don't need any more shoes but...

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #952 on: May 28, 2019, 05:38:58 PM »
I really, really don't need any more shoes but...

Don’t listen to the voices. Get the shoes.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Dustwardprez

« Reply #953 on: May 29, 2019, 09:03:06 PM »
I just saw what I hope will become a reality.
AR85 recut Symmetrical but its actually been cut for two noses not a double tail.

I fully agree with this think the wheel base is not elongated. The ARtwin  Reynolds reshape shown was an 8.5 x33 if it’s got the same wheel base it will be a manny machine.

Most of my most explosive tricks are switch I skate the nose in all fakie tricks I also do hard flips off the nose. 
Having two noses is a very good idea. I can’t ride two tails they are too short.

Neen said it’s a test shape on his channel thang.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:25:12 PM by Dustwardprez »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #954 on: May 30, 2019, 03:04:22 AM »
I'm really trying NOT to get this one
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

robby13

« Reply #955 on: June 01, 2019, 05:40:17 PM »
A pair of the newer Royal trucks tbh.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #956 on: June 06, 2019, 03:57:50 AM »
Just found a pair of black 3st.004 for a good price. Thinking about getting those.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #957 on: June 06, 2019, 05:14:39 AM »
An 8" board. Always had a prejudice against a straight up 8" but I think it might feel right.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #958 on: June 06, 2019, 07:39:45 AM »
An 8" board. Always had a prejudice against a straight up 8" but I think it might feel right.

Just did it. Got the flat pennswood. Same anti 8”: always just under or over. At different times had the ‘theory’s’ that narrower trucks enabled faster flip, or wider trucks led to greater stability. One is thing with equipment in this size for me is it doesn’t need to be measured just perfectly or made out of rare metals or constructions. I can have a great time/setup with bigger stuff, but it needs to be the perfect witches brew of tail shapes, wheelbases, frog legs and titanium baseplates. 8” ish board and trucks and I can skate it. I can prefer shorter length and wheelbase, a lower truck, but anything in that area ‘works’ for me. Which kinda lets me know that just might be the size. As much as I wish I could 3flip the 8.75 regularly....doesn’t seem to work to my advantage.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #959 on: June 06, 2019, 12:10:23 PM »
My bitch ass still hasn’t pulled the trigger on some new  trucks. Every time I think I have my mind is made up on thunders I read the truck thread. I keep going back and forth I’m like my Indy 144s aren’t too bad yet but  then I want thunder 149s but they extend wheelbase and are prone to wheel bite. But I’m a fatty so I get wheel bite  anyway. Maybe get Indy 149s I’ll be use to the wheelbase and so my setup would feel familiar but idk I wanna try something else. Then I wonder on over to the ace thread and then I just say fuck maybe aces are for me   So I guess I’m going to wait til these 144s snap. Or maybe 149 Indy hollows?

I’ve got truck madness
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:25:40 PM by Murge »