Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324682 times)

Reed Richards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #960 on: June 06, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »

I need new wheels.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #961 on: June 06, 2019, 01:20:32 PM »

I need new wheels.
I have/skated those.
They are good.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #962 on: June 06, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
My bitch ass still hasn’t pulled the trigger on some new  trucks. Every time I think I have my mind is made up on thunders I read the truck thread. I keep going back and forth I’m like my Indy 144s aren’t too bad yet but  then I want thunder 149s but they extend wheelbase and are prone to wheel bite. But I’m a fatty so I get wheel bite  anyway. Maybe get Indy 149s I’ll be use to the wheelbase and so my setup would feel familiar but idk I wanna try something else. Then I wonder on over to the ace thread and then I just say fuck maybe aces are for me   So I guess I’m going to wait til these 144s snap. Or maybe 149 Indy hollows?

I’ve got truck madness

You’ll be happier if you wait till they snap imo

Niccolo

« Reply #963 on: June 29, 2019, 07:06:06 AM »

Have been watching a lot of BDK lately. Has me wanting to try a pair of cons.

Going to try either the CTAS or the Jack Purcells. Any reason to choose one over the other?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #964 on: June 30, 2019, 06:35:17 AM »

Going to try either the CTAS or the Jack Purcells. Any reason to choose one over the other?

I personally think the Purcells look too weird with that fat, bulky toecap- i really like the look of Chuck Taylors though even though i could never seem to find the right size- just never fitted my foot!

Anybody know if you still have to go a full size down in CTAS?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #965 on: June 30, 2019, 06:48:13 AM »
Why am I searching polar surf pants. Are they the perfect comfort pant or are they weird. Help.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #966 on: June 30, 2019, 06:50:21 AM »
^
try them on in a shop if you can, you'll probably want to leave them on right away.

Niccolo

« Reply #967 on: June 30, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I personally think the Purcells look too weird with that fat, bulky toecap- i really like the look of Chuck Taylors though even though i could never seem to find the right size- just never fitted my foot!

I hear you on the bulky toe on the Purcells. I have non skate Chuck Taylors and I had to size down 1.5 for them to fit.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #968 on: July 01, 2019, 01:58:00 PM »
Has anyone tried Andale swiss bearings? They're half the price of bones swiss at my local atm, but still a lot of money so don't want to throw that $$$ on hot trash
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

DemonCarcass

• Rep: 1
« Reply #969 on: July 01, 2019, 02:09:36 PM »
u just got some purcell cons in the size i normally wear and holy fuck my feet were swimming in them. felt like i needed a full size smaller

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #970 on: July 01, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »
Has anyone tried Andale swiss bearings? They're half the price of bones swiss at my local atm, but still a lot of money so don't want to throw that $$$ on hot trash

The white ones are ok although I’m only about a week into a set
They definitely feel nicer than the few reds or the Sunday bearings I’ve had in the last few months

A dude made a thread about how much he liked them.. I got mine for free so pretty happy

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #971 on: July 01, 2019, 04:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I hear you on the bulky toe on the Purcells. I have non skate Chuck Taylors and I had to size down 1.5 for them to fit.
I went a full size down for the CTAS. Dunno about the skate Purcells but I have a non-skate pair that are TTS.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #972 on: July 02, 2019, 03:23:03 AM »
My bitch ass still hasn’t pulled the trigger on some new  trucks. Every time I think I have my mind is made up on thunders I read the truck thread. I keep going back and forth I’m like my Indy 144s aren’t too bad yet but  then I want thunder 149s but they extend wheelbase and are prone to wheel bite. But I’m a fatty so I get wheel bite  anyway. Maybe get Indy 149s I’ll be use to the wheelbase and so my setup would feel familiar but idk I wanna try something else. Then I wonder on over to the ace thread and then I just say fuck maybe aces are for me   So I guess I’m going to wait til these 144s snap. Or maybe 149 Indy hollows?

I’ve got truck madness
Ace are awesome but at the same time it sucks that the don't have a 8.5 truck. That being said before those I was always on Indy and after the Ace fail, for me, I got Thunder 149 and I'm super happy with them. Team editions, hollow crap is not my crap.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Street Visions

« Reply #973 on: July 03, 2019, 01:18:50 AM »
Just found a pair of black 3st.004 for a good price. Thinking about getting those.

Just do it, they are great. I bought two more pairs as soon as they came on sale. Best skate shoe I've ever owned.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #974 on: July 03, 2019, 02:36:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Just found a pair of black 3st.004 for a good price. Thinking about getting those.
[close]

Just do it, they are great. I bought two more pairs as soon as they came on sale. Best skate shoe I've ever owned.
Tried them and didn't liked them. Heel felt uncomfortable
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Street Visions

« Reply #975 on: July 03, 2019, 05:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Tried them and didn't liked them. Heel felt uncomfortable

Hahaha, I guess we like different shoes I love the Boost heel and how the shoe wraps around the foot...

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #976 on: July 03, 2019, 08:54:11 AM »
I'm sitting on two brand new boards in plastic (not to mention my deck I'm skating right now is fine) but I might buy a carpet deck when the new line comes out.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #977 on: July 03, 2019, 09:12:17 AM »
I wanna make a big setup (I skate an 8 so my big will be most folk’s normal) and these look tight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzdRdkFBkAk/?igshid=1waxu1jk220ki
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #978 on: July 04, 2019, 12:19:56 AM »
Indy forged hollow 149 as soon I'm done with work.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 06:54:46 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 2
« Reply #979 on: July 05, 2019, 02:52:49 AM »
Indy forged hollow 149 ad soon I'm done with work.

Feel better than the 149 TI in my opinion.

I like 'em.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #980 on: July 05, 2019, 06:55:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Indy forged hollow 149 ad soon I'm done with work.
[close]

Feel better than the 149 TI in my opinion.

I like 'em.
Love them, plus the weight difference is really nothing
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #981 on: July 05, 2019, 08:23:59 AM »
Thinking of ordering some theories stuff to get that extra board.

Want to support the Isle/Evisen guys but kinda scared to pull the trigger. 3 boards lasts me a life time these days...

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #982 on: July 05, 2019, 08:34:36 AM »
A 8.5” DOA flat as fuck. I literally just got a new deck a week ago and the Quasi I had set up previously is still in good shape.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #983 on: July 16, 2019, 11:52:09 PM »
Want to try some one stars badly, need to get rid at least one pair so I won't feel bad about it
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #984 on: July 17, 2019, 02:29:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I went a full size down for the CTAS. Dunno about the skate Purcells but I have a non-skate pair that are TTS.

My recommendation is don't buy Cons online at least if you can't exchange them for free. Sizing on CTAS pro seems to be different every year, i have 'em in 8.5, 9 and 9.5 and they all fit exact the same.  :o

SZA

• Rep: 9
« Reply #985 on: July 17, 2019, 04:22:39 PM »

Anybody have these? I haven’t had vans in a long time, pretty much been wearing Lucas pros exclusively. I need these though.

I’m not sure on how vans sizing is, I’m a 10 in adidas. Help me out Slap.

ballintoohard

« Reply #986 on: July 17, 2019, 06:53:17 PM »
My rec is don't buy CTAS chuck style shoes at all. I like the board feel, but they blow out so damn quick unless they're suede.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #987 on: July 18, 2019, 01:21:17 AM »
Those peach Blazers mid are seducing me
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #988 on: July 18, 2019, 06:26:40 AM »
Olympia bearings. Anyone ever try these?

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #989 on: July 18, 2019, 06:32:23 AM »
My rec is don't buy CTAS chuck style shoes at all. I like the board feel, but they blow out so damn quick unless they're suede.

Why would anybody prefer canvas skate shoes unless ethical reasons.