Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324711 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #990 on: July 18, 2019, 07:07:24 AM »
Expand Quote
My rec is don't buy CTAS chuck style shoes at all. I like the board feel, but they blow out so damn quick unless they're suede.
[close]

Why would anybody prefer canvas skate shoes unless ethical reasons.
Living on an extremely hot country maybe?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #991 on: July 19, 2019, 12:05:59 AM »

Anybody have these? I haven’t had vans in a long time, pretty much been wearing Lucas pros exclusively. I need these though.

I’m not sure on how vans sizing is, I’m a 10 in adidas. Help me out Slap.

Not sure if you'll find this useful but I am a:

Adidas Buesenitz Vulc - size 8

Vans Pro - Size 8

Vans Classic - Size 7.5

Vans classics fit my feet perfectly and because of that I would say my true foot size is a 7.5. The reason I wear an 8 in the Vans pros is because 7.5 is suffocating for some unknown reason. I would say the Bus Vulvs fit small and closer to the 7.5 Vans classics. These are the only pair of Adidas I've had so I'm not sure if they're a good representation of how Adidas usually fit.

Not sure if the Rowleys will fall under the Pro or classic line but that will be critical IMO..

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #992 on: July 19, 2019, 07:00:35 AM »
Expand Quote
My rec is don't buy CTAS chuck style shoes at all. I like the board feel, but they blow out so damn quick unless they're suede.
[close]

In the case of a vans or cons shoe, by the time the side wall blows out, I’ll need to be done with the shoe because of lack of support.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #993 on: July 19, 2019, 04:04:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

don’t some people prefer the feel of canvas as it doesn’t bag out like suede?
Pretty sure that’s why all of Chima’s Shoes are canvas

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #994 on: July 19, 2019, 04:19:22 PM »
Leather shoes are the best.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #995 on: July 19, 2019, 06:29:12 PM »
I tend to agree, it’s gotta be some rare exotic shit like stingray or crocodile though otherwise you’re just being a pussy

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #996 on: July 19, 2019, 09:35:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I tend to agree, it’s gotta be some rare exotic shit like stingray or crocodile though otherwise you’re just being a pussy

I tried skating in some moccasins made entirely of recycled hemp fibers but I developed osteoporosis and bitch tits.

Reese

« Reply #997 on: July 21, 2019, 01:26:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Eagle dick boots are my personal favorite

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #998 on: July 21, 2019, 05:08:27 AM »
Superstar Vulc ADV's. In white.

I haven't owned a white pair of shoes in ages.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #999 on: July 21, 2019, 01:55:54 PM »
Didn't wanna start up a new thread, but a question to UK PALS.

Can any of you name the company that has a logo which is like a ribbon that winds into an upside down triangle?

Am i making shit up or just remembering wrong?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:24:34 PM by Paco Supreme »

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 200
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #1000 on: July 22, 2019, 11:16:02 PM »
ace 66 trucks and a scram skates board !

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1001 on: July 23, 2019, 02:50:41 AM »
ace 44, before they're no longer 8.35, if that's still happening
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

« Reply #1002 on: July 23, 2019, 04:03:36 AM »
Anyone skated the DC E. Tribeka? I'm on my 3rd pair of the Legacy 98 slim and love them, but feel like a change.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #1003 on: July 23, 2019, 04:08:08 AM »

Can any of you name the company that has a logo which is like a ribbon that winds into an upside down triangle?

closest i can think of is Descent?

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1004 on: July 23, 2019, 05:56:53 AM »
Anyone skated the DC E. Tribeka? I'm on my 3rd pair of the Legacy 98 slim and love them, but feel like a change.
I have a pair and do not like them. I love the legacy slim and og legacy. Should note that I was told to size up .5 size and they feel a little big in the toe box. What size are you?

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

« Reply #1005 on: July 23, 2019, 06:13:28 AM »
9.5 in vans and (most) adidas, but a 10 in the Legacy slims fits almost a bit tight. If you love the slims like i do but don't like the Tribeka, maybe i should give them a miss. I kinda like the look of the Maswell but want to check out a pair IRL before I'd commit.

DC Maswell, white/white/gum
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1006 on: July 23, 2019, 09:19:23 AM »

ARF

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #1007 on: July 23, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »
local shop just got in the Tyshawn shoes, ended up picking them up...anyone skate them yet? Normally wear Nike, but these midtops seem like they could be nice but feel like the sole is pretty thick and clunky compared to a dunk though . hoping they break in nicely

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1008 on: July 23, 2019, 10:54:35 AM »
9.5 in vans and (most) adidas, but a 10 in the Legacy slims fits almost a bit tight. If you love the slims like i do but don't like the Tribeka, maybe i should give them a miss. I kinda like the look of the Maswell but want to check out a pair IRL before I'd commit.

I really want to give those a shot too but I feel you on wanting to see them in person. I would def wanna try them on too but I doubt anywhere within 45 minutes of me will have them

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1009 on: July 23, 2019, 11:14:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have a pair and do not like them. I love the legacy slim and og legacy. Should note that I was told to size up .5 size and they feel a little big in the toe box. What size are you?
I have the tribeka, it’s decent imo. Pretty snug for my feet tho, very slim modern fit. Not as wide as I’d like.
Slightly slimmer than the new Penza shoe.
They seem really durable but the board feel and comfort were average. I won’t buy the tribeka again.
This is the only time I skated mine, got this one trick and haven’t really worn them since.
You might like the Penza tho if you like the legacy slim, Penza just needs a little more break in time.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIiA4cluOs/?igshid=1ifzj3eduped3
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1010 on: July 23, 2019, 11:34:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I really want to give those a shot too but I feel you on wanting to see them in person. I would def wanna try them on too but I doubt anywhere within 45 minutes of me will have them
I would expect that maswell is not as puffy as it seems In the picture. All my DCs that aren’t reissue look kinda big and comfy in photos but end up being very modern and snug when I actually get them.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1011 on: July 23, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

closest i can think of is Descent?

Yes! , dude thank you that was driving me nuts +1

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

« Reply #1012 on: July 24, 2019, 12:05:13 AM »
I would expect that maswell is not as puffy as it seems In the picture. All my DCs that aren’t reissue look kinda big and comfy in photos but end up being very modern and snug when I actually get them.
True, but that might be just what i want. The Legacy Slim have a good tongue and heelcuff, padded enough to offer some support and protection but not ridiculous.
I have the tribeka, it’s decent imo. Pretty snug for my feet tho, very slim modern fit. Not as wide as I’d like.
Slightly slimmer than the new Penza shoe.
They seem really durable but the board feel and comfort were average. I won’t buy the tribeka again.
This is the only time I skated mine, got this one trick and haven’t really worn them since.
You might like the Penza tho if you like the legacy slim, Penza just needs a little more break in time.
yeah i have wide feet, definitely a no from me. The Penza doesn't really excite me in terms of appearance tho, but i appreciate the thought.

Thanks for the replies, if i end up copping the Maswell I'll let yall know what they're like.

Chaos Acoustic

« Reply #1013 on: July 24, 2019, 12:15:49 PM »
Olympia bearings. Anyone ever try these?
I’m running these on my cruiser with OJ Keyframes right now and they go. A week of pushing through my neighborhood and they still feel new. I got the ones that come in the coin wrapper. The cheap ones. So far worth it.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1014 on: July 24, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Olympia bearings. Anyone ever try these?
[close]
I’m running these on my cruiser with OJ Keyframes right now and they go. A week of pushing through my neighborhood and they still feel new. I got the ones that come in the coin wrapper. The cheap ones. So far worth it.

Awesome! I think I’m gonna swoop some up. Thank you!

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1015 on: July 28, 2019, 07:04:32 PM »

CL ad, haven't found anything about it online so idk if its just a custom plank or what. guy says it's from the 70s and has super surfer wheels. any ideas? asking 50 bucks, gonna make him an offer.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1016 on: July 29, 2019, 10:02:14 AM »
I'm in between 3st.003 and Campus ADV, any comments?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Lurk or die

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1017 on: July 29, 2019, 10:48:02 AM »
Expand Quote

Anybody have these? I haven’t had vans in a long time, pretty much been wearing Lucas pros exclusively. I need these though.

I’m not sure on how vans sizing is, I’m a 10 in adidas. Help me out Slap.
[close]

Not sure if you'll find this useful but I am a:

Adidas Buesenitz Vulc - size 8

Vans Pro - Size 8

Vans Classic - Size 7.5

Vans classics fit my feet perfectly and because of that I would say my true foot size is a 7.5. The reason I wear an 8 in the Vans pros is because 7.5 is suffocating for some unknown reason. I would say the Bus Vulvs fit small and closer to the 7.5 Vans classics. These are the only pair of Adidas I've had so I'm not sure if they're a good representation of how Adidas usually fit.

Not sure if the Rowleys will fall under the Pro or classic line but that will be critical IMO..

I just got the Rowley’s on Friday, they have the classic sole. Other then that they feel great. I’m a 12 and they fit like a 12. I could probably go down to an 11.5 for a snug fit. But these feel good already.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #1018 on: July 29, 2019, 11:13:30 AM »
Any body fuck with the Lakai proto? Or lakai in general? I think the last pair I skated were pretty sweet griffins.

hmmmokay

« Reply #1019 on: July 29, 2019, 01:11:25 PM »
I'm in between 3st.003 and Campus ADV, any comments?

I haven't skated in the Campus ADV, but the 3st.003 is one of the best shoes I've skated in a while. A surprising amount of support, and a nice snug fit, but not too snug. I went TTS on mine, though I feel like I've seen people say otherwise on here.  Very durable, good flick, and the sole kept its grip through the life of the shoe.