Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 326298 times)

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1020 on: July 29, 2019, 01:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm in between 3st.003 and Campus ADV, any comments?
[close]

I haven't skated in the Campus ADV, but the 3st.003 is one of the best shoes I've skated in a while. A surprising amount of support, and a nice snug fit, but not too snug. I went TTS on mine, though I feel like I've seen people say otherwise on here.  Very durable, good flick, and the sole kept its grip through the life of the shoe.

I ordered a pair TTS as everyone was praising them so hard. Couldn't get them to work. The upper having no padding at all anywhere made them feel loose. Switching insoles didn't help as then they felt even worse. Had to send them back. I doubt I could fit 0.5 size down but I'd like to try as I really like how the shoe looks for some reason.

The 3ST.004 fit true to size for me and felt great on the other hand. Adidas and their wonky sizing.  ::)

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1021 on: July 29, 2019, 01:33:07 PM »
Any body fuck with the Lakai proto? Or lakai in general? I think the last pair I skated were pretty sweet griffins.
I have a pair of Bristols that I really liked and held up great until part of the upper totally separated from the foxing tape. Sole/insole are absolutely perfect though. Really do wanna try some Protos though.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #1022 on: July 29, 2019, 08:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Any body fuck with the Lakai proto? Or lakai in general? I think the last pair I skated were pretty sweet griffins.
[close]
I have a pair of Bristols that I really liked and held up great until part of the upper totally separated from the foxing tape. Sole/insole are absolutely perfect though. Really do wanna try some Protos though.

$24.49 + free shipping at zumiez.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1023 on: July 29, 2019, 08:28:26 PM »
I have some Riley 2s, they fit true to size! I'd be down to try the protos if they bought them out in the right material for me...

(edit: and a colour that isn't too out there)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1024 on: July 29, 2019, 10:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have some Riley 2s, they fit true to size! I'd be down to try the protos if they bought them out in the right material for me...

(edit: and a colour that isn't too out there)
Just got the Owen VLK slip-on. The first session the elastic tore on one side of my front foot and I can't find my sewing kit to try to fix it. I've skated them twice now with the elastic busted and they feel like they are going to fly off my feet after about 10 minutes of skating. They skate pretty good otherwise, but absolutely no padding. Like standing on concrete.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1025 on: July 29, 2019, 10:09:58 PM »
maybe the Rileys would work for you then as you can tie them down if the elastic fails. I'm sure both shoes have the same insole no? Pretty cushy for a slip on imho. Might chuck a state insole in there though

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1026 on: July 30, 2019, 03:28:06 PM »
Janoski RM slip ons. I've heard they are a little more forgiving on wide feet than normal janoskis. Any truth to this? I can fit into OG Janoskis but the break in period felt like foot binding.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #1027 on: July 31, 2019, 02:17:32 AM »
Those steady elastic waistband pants from Brixton. Anyone have them? Would one with thicc thighs have to size up? Or would a medium fit okay on a 32" waist?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1028 on: July 31, 2019, 11:33:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the DC E. Tribeka? I'm on my 3rd pair of the Legacy 98 slim and love them, but feel like a change.
[close]
I have a pair and do not like them. I love the legacy slim and og legacy. Should note that I was told to size up .5 size and they feel a little big in the toe box. What size are you?
[close]
I have the tribeka, it’s decent imo. Pretty snug for my feet tho, very slim modern fit. Not as wide as I’d like.
Slightly slimmer than the new Penza shoe.
They seem really durable but the board feel and comfort were average. I won’t buy the tribeka again.
This is the only time I skated mine, got this one trick and haven’t really worn them since.
You might like the Penza tho if you like the legacy slim, Penza just needs a little more break in time.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIiA4cluOs/?igshid=1ifzj3eduped3
I want to update, I’ve skated my E tribekas the last couple days and they are pretty nice. Good heel cushion and flick, fit tts for me. I’m liking them now.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1029 on: August 01, 2019, 02:02:13 AM »

Considering getting the 8.75 flat version of this. Does anyone's local have it? How exactly how flat is the flat concave?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1030 on: August 01, 2019, 06:49:19 AM »

Considering getting the 8.75 flat version of this. Does anyone's local have it? How exactly how flat is the flat concave?

With the DOAs I've had, the flatness is more in the nose and tail than the concave. I have an 8.75 Theories board and the concave itself (not the kicks) is flatter.

As far as the nose/tail, I believe BMCSteve measured against a Baker mellow and sad that they were something like 1/4" lower.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:58:35 AM by FrozenIndustries »

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1031 on: August 01, 2019, 02:14:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the DC E. Tribeka? I'm on my 3rd pair of the Legacy 98 slim and love them, but feel like a change.
[close]
I have a pair and do not like them. I love the legacy slim and og legacy. Should note that I was told to size up .5 size and they feel a little big in the toe box. What size are you?
[close]
I have the tribeka, it’s decent imo. Pretty snug for my feet tho, very slim modern fit. Not as wide as I’d like.
Slightly slimmer than the new Penza shoe.
They seem really durable but the board feel and comfort were average. I won’t buy the tribeka again.
This is the only time I skated mine, got this one trick and haven’t really worn them since.
You might like the Penza tho if you like the legacy slim, Penza just needs a little more break in time.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIiA4cluOs/?igshid=1ifzj3eduped3
[close]
I want to update, I’ve skated my E tribekas the last couple days and they are pretty nice. Good heel cushion and flick, fit tts for me. I’m liking them now.
Nice! I ended up finding those Maswells 40% off at a local shop so grabbed em, figured at that price I'm happy just to wear em to work because they look great. They're a lil narrower and stiffer than the Legacy slims, and feel like they weigh about 50% more, but tbh I'm happy not to skate them for now. If they loosen up over time and my feet feel more secure in them i might skate them when they look more beaten up.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1032 on: August 01, 2019, 02:29:39 PM »
Those steady elastic waistband pants from Brixton. Anyone have them? Would one with thicc thighs have to size up? Or would a medium fit okay on a 32" waist?
Pretty positive the pair I have is a medium and I wear a 32" in pants. They're definitely a very relaxed fit (wide legs) and don't have a long inseam. I don't know the actual dimensions, but they seem like a 32"x30". If you're closer to a 33 or 34 waist I'd probably go up to large since they waist is already tight on me without using the drawstrings.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1033 on: August 02, 2019, 08:02:54 AM »
Janoski RM slip ons. I've heard they are a little more forgiving on wide feet than normal janoskis. Any truth to this? I can fit into OG Janoskis but the break in period felt like foot binding.

Can’t speak for the slip ons, but a 9.5 in the og for me was torture and the first few sessions were a bummer. The RM on the other hand I threw on and had a totally normal session with almost zero break in time or discomfort.

Water is Nice

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1034 on: August 06, 2019, 09:44:46 AM »
Tempted to try a Polar p2 anyone with experience on that shape?

tedkootz

• Rep: -59
  • my life be like ooh ahh
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1035 on: August 06, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »
everytime sci-fi fantasy does a drop i comtemplate spending $70 on a hoodie

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1036 on: August 11, 2019, 08:23:50 PM »
https://newyorkskateboards.com/collections/zoo-york/products/blunts-new-york-masters

I want this because nostalgia/east coast pride.  But I'm reading up more on Chapman on the woodshop thread before I buy anything.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1037 on: August 12, 2019, 01:31:00 PM »
Should I cop these blazers?

During office hours in the derbies, after hours in summer in blazers? WYWD?

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1038 on: August 12, 2019, 02:49:19 PM »

Are those the peach ones?  Either way, get them.  Super clean.  I never realized how much they looked like Pumas or Stan Smiths from the front before now, but that's the industry.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1039 on: August 12, 2019, 11:20:50 PM »

The answer to anything Blazer related is always yes.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1040 on: August 12, 2019, 11:29:47 PM »
Thank you for input. I will cop them in few days when I return from a work trip.
Although I feel like a junkie coming to junkie message board asking if I should try our favorite type of drugs, haha.

I have tried other similar silhouette shoes (stan smith, pumas, and similar offerings from skate shoe brands) and they look hideous on my US11 feet. The toebox is like a balloon. Unfortunately the Blazers though, they look as designer has intended, without blown out proportions.

The colorway is Cinder Orange / Obsidian. I like that the swoosh is invisible.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:32:00 PM by BURRRPRINT »

Reese

« Reply #1041 on: August 13, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »
Someone in my dream last night kept telling me to try 95a wheels like they are the way

I already have too many wheels

NotJeff, hard to say. Looking forward to the 6.1's but what if they wait to start selling them in December?..
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:27:18 PM by Reese »

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #1042 on: August 13, 2019, 05:01:46 PM »
Stuck between one of those Heroin Big Egg decks, a set of Ventures (5.8 or 6.1), and a set of Thunder 151s.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #1043 on: August 13, 2019, 05:13:07 PM »
Thinking about getting either another Hockey or a 917.

Help me decide.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1044 on: August 13, 2019, 06:06:53 PM »
54 easy st fatties.  Ace 66s. Reds.    anybody try the fatties? are they heavy?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

UncleRandy69

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1045 on: August 13, 2019, 08:06:17 PM »
the Lakai Protos are pretty good. I got 3 weeks to a month out of them, towards the end of me wearing them the logos started to peel of the sides of the shoe so I just peeled them off and gave them to the homie.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1046 on: August 13, 2019, 11:33:31 PM »
Thinking about getting either another Hockey or a 917.

Help me decide.
I've been wanting to get a 917 badly, super hard to find here
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

ThrashGnar

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1047 on: August 23, 2019, 06:03:55 PM »
I'm thinking of trying out some Film trucks, since they're relatively cheap and I like supporting European brands. Have anyone else tried them, or are they simply kooked out of the question since they did a collab with Friend Ship a while back?

I've been skating them and they're defo Indy-like in turning and feel. They'll be available to US shops in October w/ collabs from Childress on some artwork and a collab w/ Swedish brand, Poetic Collective. If you're around LA, hmu if you want to test out a pair.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1048 on: August 23, 2019, 10:58:00 PM »
Found some cheap tnt ap here, probably I'll get them. Any thoughts about those?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #1049 on: August 25, 2019, 09:52:53 AM »
Modus bearings any good?