Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 326929 times)

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1050 on: August 25, 2019, 09:58:23 PM »
Found some cheap tnt ap here, probably I'll get them. Any thoughts about those?

I got some for 20 bucks and skated them for about 4 weeks. I was glad I didn't pay full price. The toe cap split and peeled off, the foxing separated from the upper with basically no wear and the sole wore through on my front foot big toe spot super fast. They're like a regular pro vulc with a cruddy toe cap, I'd say.

Weekend96

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #1051 on: August 26, 2019, 11:49:58 AM »
Thinking about buying half cabs for the first time ever. I only ever see good things about them.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1052 on: August 26, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »
Thinking about buying half cabs for the first time ever. I only ever see good things about them.
My friend bought a pair 2 weeks ago and hated them.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

ballintoohard

« Reply #1053 on: August 26, 2019, 12:26:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Thinking about getting either another Hockey or a 917.

Help me decide.
[close]
I've been wanting to get a 917 badly, super hard to find here

Hockey will be much steeper, more square, shorter wheelbase. In general FA/Hockey decks are shorter with a smaller wheelbase for the same width. 917 makes an 8.25 and 8.38 with a 14.19 WB, most others are 14.5. In contrast I have had an FA with a 14in WB in 8.25 and a 14.19, but the overall deck length is shorter and the kicks are way bigger. Overall I preferred the 917 of the two. I like Quasi more for PS/square-ish decks

Coolhats

« Reply #1054 on: August 26, 2019, 12:59:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Found some cheap tnt ap here, probably I'll get them. Any thoughts about those?
[close]

I got some for 20 bucks and skated them for about 4 weeks. I was glad I didn't pay full price. The toe cap split and peeled off, the foxing separated from the upper with basically no wear and the sole wore through on my front foot big toe spot super fast. They're like a regular pro vulc with a cruddy toe cap, I'd say.

I had a pair but the toe cap was screened on. Overall I liked them, they got a little floppy quickly though.

animalflesh

« Reply #1055 on: August 27, 2019, 08:18:01 AM »
I haven’t tried the new spitfire formula four “classics” yet

How different are they?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1056 on: August 27, 2019, 11:24:41 AM »
I haven’t tried the new spitfire formula four “classics” yet

How different are they?
Are you talking about the f4 with classics graphics? If so they're obviously the same as any other classic shaped f4, but with different graphics.

If you're years behind and still haven't tried f4 and wondering how they are compared to classics, than the difference is huge and you should do it.

animalflesh

« Reply #1057 on: August 27, 2019, 11:53:00 AM »
The f4 with classic graphics, I didn’t really read much into it and I thought maybe it was some other type of f4 wheel that felt more like spitfire classics

And thank u

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
« Reply #1058 on: August 27, 2019, 06:32:55 PM »
I have no money now, but I'm thinking about buying:

- a new cruiser board, probably a Zip Zogger. I need big soft wheels for rolling on rough streets, would appreciate any suggestions

- the new Vans AVE shoes

- Vans Half-Cabs. I've been dreaming of a pair. Don't know whether to buy those or the new AVEs

That's it. I need to save money to finish my pole jam project as well.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #1059 on: August 27, 2019, 08:03:16 PM »

- a new cruiser board, probably a Zip Zogger. I need big soft wheels for rolling on rough streets, would appreciate any suggestions

- the new Vans AVE shoes

- Vans Half-Cabs. I've been dreaming of a pair. Don't know whether to buy those or the new AVEs

I am personally in love with Keyframes. Ridiculously smooth and fast, but no powerslides

Other than that you and I are on the same boat with shoes.

As for myself, I was at a store and couldn't make my mind up between the bigger or regular version of the Heroin egg board. I was saw how an 8.5 and 8.75 truck would look on. But, they didn't have Venture 6.1s so I walked out with a shop tee and some stickers.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1060 on: August 28, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
Been day dreaming about getting some Ace 33s to replace my Indy 139s. I'm having my usual biannual truck crisis and I've always wanted to try Ace. I just feel like I don't fit the mold of the typical Ace rider, since I primarily skate ledges and manny pads.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1061 on: August 28, 2019, 07:29:25 PM »
Been day dreaming about getting some Ace 33s to replace my Indy 139s. I'm having my usual biannual truck crisis and I've always wanted to try Ace. I just feel like I don't fit the mold of the typical Ace rider, since I primarily skate ledges and manny pads.

It's skateboarding. If it works for you and makes you happy do it. Just don't push mongo or fake your style

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1062 on: August 29, 2019, 01:13:20 PM »

- the new Vans AVE shoes

I just got a Zip zogger with Indy 169’s and 55 mm Oj super juice minis. The ojs are perfect on this thing. Super fast and they roll over everything!

This set up is so much fun

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1063 on: August 29, 2019, 08:36:47 PM »

I don't know the 33s, but I have 44s and 55s and they feel totally different. I prefer 55s for bowl and 44s for ledges and mini-ramp, and I'm uncomfortable with the contrary. So maybe the 33s are not what you imagine. Anyway, Aces are not "bowl trucks", they are far more versatile.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1064 on: August 29, 2019, 08:42:44 PM »

- the new Vans AVE shoes

Me too, I saw them is the wild last weekend and they are very fly on the eye. The $100 price tag just seem a bit steep for shoes I'm going to blow out. Dude said there is no break in. You can skate them right out of the box.
The clear soles look hella fresh though.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #1065 on: August 30, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know the 33s, but I have 44s and 55s and they feel totally different. I prefer 55s for bowl and 44s for ledges and mini-ramp, and I'm uncomfortable with the contrary. So maybe the 33s are not what you imagine. Anyway, Aces are not "bowl trucks", they are far more versatile.

33’s are rad. I’m slowly giving up, in general, but also the idea I can/should/have fun skating boards over 8”. I am soooo bad at manuals, but ace never helped me with em. I loved the pop on 33’s, the turn and grind also really worked for me. I just got caught up skating bigger set ups that don’t help me.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1066 on: August 30, 2019, 06:47:25 PM »
Expand Quote

- the new Vans AVE shoes

[close]
Me too, I saw them is the wild last weekend and they are very fly on the eye. The $100 price tag just seem a bit steep for shoes I'm going to blow out. Dude said there is no break in. You can skate them right out of the box.

I don't like white shoes but, I may grab a set with the black laces.

slappyjoes

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1067 on: September 06, 2019, 10:05:55 PM »
Thinking about getting a 8.5 krooked board. Iv never had one before anyone know what they are like?
Iv had an anti hero before and loved it are they a simular shape?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1068 on: September 06, 2019, 10:35:48 PM »

Go for it my guy. Tons of different talent riding Aces these days, not just hesher bowl dudes.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1069 on: September 07, 2019, 12:18:38 AM »
Thinking about getting a 8.5 krooked board. Iv never had one before anyone know what they are like?

DLX has at least 4 different 8.5 shapes. Hard to say anything with the lack of details but DLX decks are great anyway.

slappyjoes

« Reply #1070 on: September 08, 2019, 08:11:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

DLX has at least 4 different 8.5 shapes. Hard to say anything with the lack of details but DLX decks are great anyway.

Is it true that krooked boards have a short tail/nose?

Mr. Stinky

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1071 on: September 08, 2019, 09:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Some Krooked boards are the DLX 8.5 full shape which has a long nose and tail.  Just depends on the shape.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1072 on: September 08, 2019, 09:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Some Krooked boards are the DLX 8.5 full shape which has a long nose and tail.  Just depends on the shape.

The 8.5" full has a 6.625" tail, so not very long at all. In general I'd say that DLX decks don't have long tails. Maybe generally around average or a little shorter.

slappyjoes

« Reply #1073 on: September 08, 2019, 09:41:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The 8.5" full has a 6.625" tail, so not very long at all. In general I'd say that DLX decks don't have long tails. Maybe generally around average or a little shorter.

Good to know thanks for the help

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1074 on: September 09, 2019, 01:27:16 AM »
a pair of Ipath Cats off ebay. Hoping they hold up for more than a few sessions.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #1075 on: September 09, 2019, 07:42:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My current deck is the Manderson Krooked shape.

8.38 Width
32 Length
7 Nose
6.75 Tail
.438 concave

Once of my favorite decks. Too bad they don't have that shape in the fall catalog.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1076 on: September 09, 2019, 10:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote

- the new Vans AVE shoes

[close]

It is true...there is no break in. They are ready to shred. I wanna get a black pair now.

Mr. Stinky

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1077 on: September 09, 2019, 03:02:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My bad, I thought the tail was 6.88" on that shape for some reason.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1078 on: September 09, 2019, 07:08:45 PM »
Been thinking about buying a Panasonic dvx100 or vx2100. I know those are not the slap norm but I wanna try something different

slappyjoes

« Reply #1079 on: September 09, 2019, 07:55:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My current deck is the Manderson Krooked shape.

8.38 Width
32 Length
7 Nose
6.75 Tail
.438 concave

Once of my favorite decks. Too bad they don't have that shape in the fall catalog.

Do you know what the wheel base is?