Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324795 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1291 on: November 25, 2019, 02:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thinking about grabbing some stuff from the antihero x gnarhunters colab and some radial slims. Currently sitting in the hospital so I don’t have anything better to do than buy shit online.

Might grab the 51 99a radials slims on SoCal , I normally skate 53 but I don’t want 101s and I have been thinking about running my thunders with some risers so the mm difference might offset

Also people using risers on thunders, which ones do you prefer?
[close]

Bones and Thunder risers work well as they have slots instead of holes for the screws.
[close]

Thanks, I read good things about the krooked ones as well. Guess it just makes sense to get the thunder ones
[close]

just set up an old pair of 149s with krooked risers and they fit almost perfectly flush. id go for the krooked ones if you are buying at your local since i never see thunder risers or hardware in the wild

Cowtown had some thunder ones and I ended up buying a bunch of other shit so I’ll see how it goes when it shows up

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1292 on: November 25, 2019, 05:55:44 AM »
Venture 5.2 Highs, been trying to find a 2nd hand pair to add to my truck fever.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #1293 on: November 25, 2019, 09:51:11 AM »
I can’t really afford any new stuff right, but god damn I’’m lusting for that Quasi Jake Johnson football deck that I’ve seen a couple folks on here set up.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1294 on: November 25, 2019, 11:09:24 AM »
Riptide cracked ice pivot cups for my indy stage 11's. I have never really thought about pivot cups before but now I'm curious and willing to throw money at it.

Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1295 on: November 25, 2019, 11:13:51 AM »
Decided to stop supporting NHS and copped Venture Highs. Hope they make me sk8 like bob
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1296 on: November 25, 2019, 12:08:05 PM »
Riptide cracked ice pivot cups for my indy stage 11's. I have never really thought about pivot cups before but now I'm curious and willing to throw money at it.

I’ve had the green Indy ones in all year and have had a few sets for past trucks, they’re good. Worth the money but even better if you can find them sale priced

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1297 on: November 25, 2019, 01:03:25 PM »
Decided to stop supporting NHS and copped Venture Highs. Hope they make me sk8 like bob
any reason

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1298 on: November 25, 2019, 01:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
any reason

NHS is corny for a lot of reasons but mainly iron cross use / jason jesse / wanted to try something new.
Wish Mob would go to DLX or something.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Coffee

• Rep: 37
« Reply #1299 on: November 25, 2019, 04:16:42 PM »
I’ve been riding venture lows for 20 years or so and thinking about switching to thunder hi’s. Going from low to high to accommodate slightly larger wheels (52 to 54) and venture to thunder to make going up 1/4 inch on wheelbase (14 to 14.25) not seem so big.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1300 on: November 25, 2019, 04:27:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
any reason
[close]

NHS is corny for a lot of reasons but mainly iron cross use / jason jesse / wanted to try something new.

the iron cross annoys me too but its the indy icon and wont ever go away
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1301 on: November 26, 2019, 05:24:45 AM »
$lave board, 8.5. had an econoslave a few years back, and I want another, but I can't find any in the UK, apart from an older one at Native.
If anyone knows an EU/UK store (preferably UK) selling some $lave stuff, lemme know. Please?
Total newbie

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1302 on: November 26, 2019, 05:45:19 AM »
Torn between Busenitz and Busenitz vulcs. I've heard that the vulcs require sizing up. I usually skate Vans Pros (Half Cabs or 112s), so Adidas would be a new thing for me and I fear the change.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1303 on: November 26, 2019, 06:08:33 AM »
Venture 5.2 Highs, been trying to find a 2nd hand pair to add to my truck fever.

Got a pair I'm trying to get rid of, pm'd you

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1304 on: November 26, 2019, 09:36:42 PM »
Torn between Busenitz and Busenitz vulcs. I've heard that the vulcs require sizing up. I usually skate Vans Pros (Half Cabs or 112s), so Adidas would be a new thing for me and I fear the change.

I can’t speak on the cups but the vulcs are nice.  I’m right between 11.5 and 12 in most shoes but with Adidas I ALWAYS go 12s.  For example I’m 11.5 in most Vans, Nike’s and Lakai. STI it depends on the shoe model and the width of the toe box.  I’m size 11.5 in Jordan 1s but 12 in Adidas UltraBoosrs and Y-3s (perfect fit in all of them with no wiggle room... fit like a glove). If you happen to ski I’m also a size 29-29.5 in Full Tilts (size 99 width aka Souls, Descendants, Morrison’s, etc).

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1305 on: November 26, 2019, 09:59:39 PM »

Baker 8.625 x 32.25 14.25wb.

Never seen Baker do this shape before, put it on hold at the shop for when I can skate again in the next few months, will be a fun one to come back to.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1306 on: November 26, 2019, 10:20:09 PM »

Never seen Baker do this shape before, put it on hold at the shop for when I can skate again in the next few months, will be a fun one to come back to.

Reminds me of the 8.375 Quasi shape but not quite as full.  Looks like a Baker board I actually would like.  Is the concave fairly mellow on these?  I’d love for Baker to make 8.25-8.5s that have the mellow concave of their OG Shape, the full squared kicks that their B2 shape has, a 32-32.375” length, and a 14.25” wheelbase.  Those dimensions on BBS would be godly.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #1307 on: November 27, 2019, 06:05:09 PM »
holy shit these are amazing i can’t choose which one
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ImkTulVrm/?hl=en
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #1308 on: November 27, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »

I would try the vulcs on before buying. They feel a smidge tight in the toes to me. Look great and feel good minus that

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1309 on: November 27, 2019, 06:48:42 PM »
cups were hella narrow. Forefoot seems flat. Like a serious heel to toe pitch downward. And the rear widens out so there’s heel slip

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1310 on: November 28, 2019, 12:03:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
cups were hella narrow. Forefoot seems flat. Like a serious heel to toe pitch downward. And the rear widens out so there’s heel slip
Have had both, I prefer cups over vulcs as vulcs go bald in sole way too fast. Both are tts imo, vulcs are a bit tighter on toebox but I wouldn’t call them narrow by any means. Also I feel like cups have one of the best heel locks out there, I could run them w/o laces if wanted to. Solid shoes, get ’em!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1311 on: November 28, 2019, 04:28:15 AM »
Contemplating thunder or Indy..or venture 🙃

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1312 on: November 28, 2019, 06:46:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Have had both, I prefer cups over vulcs as vulcs go bald in sole way too fast. Both are tts imo, vulcs are a bit tighter on toebox but I wouldn’t call them narrow by any means. Also I feel like cups have one of the best heel locks out there, I could run them w/o laces if wanted to. Solid shoes, get ’em!
I would try the vulcs on before buying. They feel a smidge tight in the toes to me. Look great and feel good minus that

Thanks all, ended up getting the cups in my usual size. Need to start skating cupsoles more and the fact that the sole goes bald fast on the vulcs is a no-go, as I typically wear through the soles of shoes long before the upper is even remotely toasted.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 07:54:04 AM by FrozenIndustries »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1313 on: November 28, 2019, 07:20:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Again we are complete opposites. I tested the Busenitz Pros (cupsole) in a shop in various sizes and all the sizes felt too small and too big at the same time for me. Too tight around the toes and too loose in the heel. I felt like the insole was too high for the shoe and my heel wasn’t locked into place either sideways or up/down.

I was bummed cuz I like how they look and needed new shoes but I had to continue my journey with my Reynolds G6s which stunk of death. More of a mixture of fermented shit and piss than sweat even though I’m fairly positive I never shat or peed in them only sweated a lot for about a month straight every day.  ;D

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1314 on: November 28, 2019, 08:53:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
any reason
[close]

[close]

Nothing a decent file to the pivot cup face won’t fix...

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1315 on: November 28, 2019, 12:02:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
any reason
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nothing a decent file to the pivot cup face won’t fix...

that aside, i dont like how the stage 11 feels. if i remember correctly, i had to take more time than i felt was necessary to balance before i set up my tricks on that version. i ride loose trucks so that wasn't doing me any favors
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1316 on: November 28, 2019, 03:36:06 PM »
More States and a Primitive 8.5 probably
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1317 on: November 28, 2019, 08:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Reminds me of the 8.375 Quasi shape but not quite as full.  Looks like a Baker board I actually would like.  Is the concave fairly mellow on these?  I’d love for Baker to make 8.25-8.5s that have the mellow concave of their OG Shape, the full squared kicks that their B2 shape has, a 32-32.375” length, and a 14.25” wheelbase.  Those dimensions on BBS would be godly.

From my experience Bakers are very flat, especially in the larger sizes. I like to compare them to the mellowest DLX presses (whatever numbers those are)

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1318 on: November 28, 2019, 09:05:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

From my experience Bakers are very flat, especially in the larger sizes. I like to compare them to the mellowest DLX presses (whatever numbers those are)

I out of IV would be the flattest from dlx

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #1319 on: November 28, 2019, 10:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I out of IV would be the flattest from dlx
I is steepest, IV is flattest