Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324800 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1320 on: November 29, 2019, 02:25:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Baker 8.625 x 32.25 14.25wb.

Never seen Baker do this shape before, put it on hold at the shop for when I can skate again in the next few months, will be a fun one to come back to.
[close]

Reminds me of the 8.375 Quasi shape but not quite as full.  Looks like a Baker board I actually would like.  Is the concave fairly mellow on these?  I’d love for Baker to make 8.25-8.5s that have the mellow concave of their OG Shape, the full squared kicks that their B2 shape has, a 32-32.375” length, and a 14.25” wheelbase.  Those dimensions on BBS would be godly.
[close]

From my experience Bakers are very flat, especially in the larger sizes. I like to compare them to the mellowest DLX presses (whatever numbers those are)

Deff compares to a IV at least the few b16’s I had. Works well on the bakers though

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1321 on: November 29, 2019, 04:06:56 PM »
Just got 2 pairs of States for 23 bucks including shipping. I'm beyond stoked.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1322 on: November 29, 2019, 05:37:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Baker 8.625 x 32.25 14.25wb.

Never seen Baker do this shape before, put it on hold at the shop for when I can skate again in the next few months, will be a fun one to come back to.
[close]

Reminds me of the 8.375 Quasi shape but not quite as full.  Looks like a Baker board I actually would like.  Is the concave fairly mellow on these?  I’d love for Baker to make 8.25-8.5s that have the mellow concave of their OG Shape, the full squared kicks that their B2 shape has, a 32-32.375” length, and a 14.25” wheelbase.  Those dimensions on BBS would be godly.
[close]

From my experience Bakers are very flat, especially in the larger sizes. I like to compare them to the mellowest DLX presses (whatever numbers those are)
[close]

I out of IV would be the flattest from dlx
[close]
I is steepest, IV is flattest

my bad, didnt have my coffee before i posted that
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1323 on: November 29, 2019, 06:07:56 PM »
http://www.chutingstar.com/skate/components/skateboard-trucks/theeve-csx-jordan-hoffart-going-hoff-skateboard-trucks

Anyone ride 7.96 (5.25) Theeve trucks before? Thinking about copping a pair with the board builder discount. Planning on riding a slightly larger setup (8-8.25), would they fit? Also need a quick run down on how they skate.

Thanks!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1324 on: November 30, 2019, 02:23:43 AM »
http://www.chutingstar.com/skate/components/skateboard-trucks/theeve-csx-jordan-hoffart-going-hoff-skateboard-trucks

Anyone ride 7.96 (5.25) Theeve trucks before? Thinking about copping a pair with the board builder discount. Planning on riding a slightly larger setup (8-8.25), would they fit? Also need a quick run down on how they skate.

Thanks!
I had 5.25 on a 8.5 and it was pretty nice, didn't had any issues. regarding how they skate I was pleasantly surprised, nothing that I could complain about it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1325 on: November 30, 2019, 06:35:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]
I had 5.25 on a 8.5 and it was pretty nice, didn't had any issues. regarding how they skate I was pleasantly surprised, nothing that I could complain about it.

Ah shit someone snapped up the last pair, probably one of you guys.

Now they only have Silver or Royal trucks left in stock.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1326 on: November 30, 2019, 02:20:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]
[close]

My condolences
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1327 on: November 30, 2019, 04:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]
[close]

[close]
My condolences

I may just get a pair of the cheapest Royals or Indy's and sell it off brand new just to get the 20% build-a-complete discount.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1328 on: December 01, 2019, 05:41:56 PM »
Choco powerslide shape 9.25” for $33.50 shipped

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1329 on: December 01, 2019, 06:32:39 PM »
Choco powerslide shape 9.25” for $33.50 shipped

post in the big boy thread
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #1330 on: December 02, 2019, 03:54:47 AM »
Spf v5's and titanium 5.8's

Then I'm like, I'm better off slamming on the stuff I already have trying to get on this flatbar instead of paying up yet again to feel like I got it
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 05:27:19 AM by Skart »
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1331 on: December 02, 2019, 04:53:01 AM »
Apparently here in Chile is hard to find 8.5 boards so I'm trying to stock in. So far I've found like 6 in the whole country... Most likely I'll go for a Primitive. Other options are Flip, Toy Machine and Creature; besides local brands of course.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1332 on: December 02, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »
Apparently here in Chile is hard to find 8.5 boards so I'm trying to stock in. So far I've found like 6 in the whole country... Most likely I'll go for a Primitive. Other options are Flip, Toy Machine and Creature; besides local brands of course.

Yeah that BBS wood is hard to beat but I personally love the PS pop and shapes.  Toy Machine offer some sick shapes in 8.5.  I haven’t owned a Dwindle board in over 15 years but Creature 8.5s and 8.6s have some sexy shapes as well. Plus Bækkel and Milton are the shit.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1333 on: December 02, 2019, 10:15:20 PM »
really dont need a new deck like this it but the graphic is killer and the dimensions are something id ride. anyone have experience with the grosso shape? try to convince me to throw the confetti if you can

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1334 on: December 02, 2019, 10:49:18 PM »
really dont need a new deck like this it but the graphic is killer and the dimensions are something id ride. anyone have experience with the grosso shape? try to convince me to throw the confetti if you can

My favourite shape for a cruiser deck (and slappies as well). I have an older one with the static wheelbase, and it's a bit too monstrous for me to flip around. But goddamn, I just love that shape, aesthetically and for riding.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1335 on: December 03, 2019, 12:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My favourite shape for a cruiser deck (and slappies as well). I have an older one with the static wheelbase, and it's a bit too monstrous for me to flip around. But goddamn, I just love that shape, aesthetically and for riding.

I’ve tested the Grosso shape only briefly on a friend’s setup but it feels really good. It’s a big ass board but feels nice and stable and still easy to pop. Also it looks much better in person. Not that it looks bad in pics either. It’s one sexy ass deck. I’d go for it if I were you. It’s up there on the top of my list when I need to buy a new big deck if it’s available then with a decent enough graphic.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1336 on: December 03, 2019, 02:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ve tested the Grosso shape only briefly on a friend’s setup but it feels really good. It’s a big ass board but feels nice and stable and still easy to pop. Also it looks much better in person. Not that it looks bad in pics either. It’s one sexy ass deck. I’d go for it if I were you. It’s up there on the top of my list when I need to buy a new big deck if it’s available then with a decent enough graphic.

what trucks was it running if you know?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1337 on: December 03, 2019, 02:19:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Running Indy 159's on mine. The deck is 8 7/8"s across the front truck, and 8 1/2" across the back. With OJ Superjuice's the rear truck hotdogs a little bit, but nothing drastic. If I were running skinny wheels like spit classics I'd think about 169's or Ace 55's.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1338 on: December 03, 2019, 02:29:18 AM »
$15 for some lightly used Spitfire Conical 99 wheels in 52mm.

At the expense of sounding stupid I only just found out there are 2 versions of Spitfire Classics. The regular Formula 4 and the cheaper stuff they use for Big Head wheels. Thought I scored some F4 but I got the latter. Still, ain't bad for $15.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1339 on: December 03, 2019, 02:50:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah that BBS wood is hard to beat but I personally love the PS pop and shapes.  Toy Machine offer some sick shapes in 8.5.  I haven’t owned a Dwindle board in over 15 years but Creature 8.5s and 8.6s have some sexy shapes as well. Plus Bækkel and Milton are the shit.
At the end I got a Primitive and my first Foundation in 20 years. Super stoked.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1340 on: December 03, 2019, 03:12:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thunder 151s on the first one and Indys on the second (probably 159, but I’m not sure).

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1341 on: December 03, 2019, 08:23:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Running Indy 159's on mine. The deck is 8 7/8"s across the front truck, and 8 1/2" across the back. With OJ Superjuice's the rear truck hotdogs a little bit, but nothing drastic. If I were running skinny wheels like spit classics I'd think about 169's or Ace 55's.

okay perfect. all i need is some 151s

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1342 on: December 04, 2019, 06:43:10 PM »
Thunder 151's. No idea why as i've never liked Thunders previously but after being injured for a while they're tempting me, they just look so good. I have 149's already, I guess I could run hella washers to get the same effect, can anyone chime in? Can you fit many washers on the inside like Ace's?

How are Thunders on tranny? I skate mostly transition with 56+mm wheels so I'll need risers regardless.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1343 on: December 05, 2019, 07:52:21 AM »
Thunder 151's. No idea why as i've never liked Thunders previously but after being injured for a while they're tempting me, they just look so good. I have 149's already, I guess I could run hella washers to get the same effect, can anyone chime in? Can you fit many washers on the inside like Ace's?

How are Thunders on tranny? I skate mostly transition with 56+mm wheels so I'll need risers regardless.

Ben degros seems to prefer them on transition due to the slightly lower height. If you want to run risers that probably negates any help from the lower center of gravity though. I do personally like them on transitions but I’m not skating super tight pools or transitions very often.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1344 on: December 05, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »
Been eyeing those green Crockett Pro 2's lately.

Anyone tried?

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1345 on: December 05, 2019, 08:43:22 AM »
Crockett 2s were the first skate shoe in years I couldn't handle. Stiff and tight (Even though I half-sized up). I tried to break them in but lost patience and gave them away.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1346 on: December 05, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »
Do the Crockett 2’s have tounge straps? That was my single biggest gripe about the first Crockett shoes is that they didn’t and the tounge was moving all around

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1347 on: December 05, 2019, 11:59:53 AM »
PO 33 ko.  Its a tiny sample machine/sequencer.  130 us about.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #1348 on: December 05, 2019, 12:03:49 PM »
get it, really fun/versatile/super cute, they're like $90 now

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1349 on: December 05, 2019, 01:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
get it, really fun/versatile/super cute, they're like $90 now

Have you checked reverb?