Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328736 times)

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1350 on: December 05, 2019, 02:41:53 PM »
the Johanna Collage series from Habitat is sick. May need that

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1351 on: December 05, 2019, 03:33:23 PM »

Been digging habitat, is that series bbs or ps pressed ?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1352 on: December 05, 2019, 11:03:26 PM »
Expand Quote
PO 33 ko.  Its a tiny sample machine/sequencer.  130 us about.
[close]
get it, really fun/versatile/super cute, they're like $90 now
  Thanks for the info
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #1353 on: December 06, 2019, 06:44:05 AM »
Does anyone know good bearings for a reasonable price? I was looking at swiss but I'd like something fast.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1354 on: December 06, 2019, 07:11:46 AM »
Does anyone know good bearings for a reasonable price? I was looking at swiss but I'd like something fast.
Best cheap bearing: Flip HKD 5 and 7 in that order.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1355 on: December 06, 2019, 07:22:03 AM »
HUNI BADGER VERTICAL VAPORIZER KIT

I just can travel with glass piece. Hit a pebble and get stabbed.
This is the shit though.

Also when I got hash I don't feel bad asking people to film me. I have a mirror ledge line but it takes me like 100 trys to get the regs part. My homie has a little brand I want to help him with footage.

Also anyone ever try bitter bushings?
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1356 on: December 06, 2019, 01:50:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hkd 7 are $8.49 at skatewarehouse plus ship
These shit all over mini logo for <$10?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1357 on: December 07, 2019, 03:04:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
hkd 7 are $8.49 at skatewarehouse plus ship
These shit all over mini logo for <$10?
HKD are great
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1358 on: December 07, 2019, 09:08:56 AM »
Do the Crockett 2’s have tounge straps? That was my single biggest gripe about the first Crockett shoes is that they didn’t and the tounge was moving all around

They don't - I ordered a pair of Crockett 2's and some Berle's from Tactics. We'll see which one I like more!

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1359 on: December 07, 2019, 09:20:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Been digging habitat, is that series bbs or ps pressed ?

not quite sure yet. They seem to be pre order only, but im probably gonna harass my shop to order them

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1360 on: December 07, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Do the Crockett 2’s have tounge straps? That was my single biggest gripe about the first Crockett shoes is that they didn’t and the tounge was moving all around
[close]

They don't - I ordered a pair of Crockett 2's and some Berle's from Tactics. We'll see which one I like more!

If you catch a sale on the ave shoes you should give it a shot, on my second pair and I have been really digging them

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1361 on: December 07, 2019, 12:50:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If you catch a sale on the ave shoes you should give it a shot, on my second pair and I have been really digging them

I should have posted in the ‘gear you are thankful for’ : the ave shoe is really nice imo. Some people blast thru the mesh quickly I guess, I’ve skated mine ten times and they look very not skated in. And I’m always trying to do kickflips a ton etc. Very stable shoe. Maybe the best shoe I’ve had in a while.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1362 on: December 07, 2019, 01:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I should have posted in the ‘gear you are thankful for’ : the ave shoe is really nice imo. Some people blast thru the mesh quickly I guess, I’ve skated mine ten times and they look very not skated in. And I’m always trying to do kickflips a ton etc. Very stable shoe. Maybe the best shoe I’ve had in a while.

I went through the mesh pretty quick but I put some shoe goo on and some electrical tape on the inside and it’s held up just fine. The shoe fit and feels so good I just wasn’t really looking to get anything else. My shoe of the year for sure

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1363 on: December 07, 2019, 02:14:13 PM »
So the Busenitz Pro with a SB zoom insole is pretty close to my perfect shoe. Any other narrow, thin cupsoles I should be looking at? My gripes with the Busenitz are tongue slide and I’d prefer a little less padding in the collar.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1364 on: December 07, 2019, 02:21:44 PM »
So the Busenitz Pro with a SB zoom insole is pretty close to my perfect shoe. Any other narrow, thin cupsoles I should be looking at? My gripes with the Busenitz are tongue slide and I’d prefer a little less padding in the collar.

there are lines on the tongues of Busenitz pros if you choose to cut them
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #1365 on: December 10, 2019, 08:06:44 AM »
Local board co called Sunrise. Pretty interesting since is the only brand from here that offers different shapes. This one is their square one which I'm guessing is like a Hockey/FA
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1366 on: December 10, 2019, 07:00:53 PM »
Should I get an AH brown bomber/ black widow or set up a 8.25 theories (or maybe scumco) and set it up like EE3 era board with big chunky wheels? Also tossing up a theories 9.0 special delivery shape as I’m keeping my Chico on ice for the meantime ...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1367 on: December 10, 2019, 07:56:06 PM »
Should I get an AH brown bomber/ black widow or set up a 8.25 theories (or maybe scumco) and set it up like EE3 era board with big chunky wheels? Also tossing up a theories 9.0 special delivery shape as I’m keeping my Chico on ice for the meantime ...

If you are doing EE3 style, grab one of the Traffic Zoo York/Illuminati/Silverstar Ricks picks remakes and post a pic so I can see it and stop pretending that I’m going to be financially responsible and not buy another deck I don’t need

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1368 on: December 10, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you are doing EE3 style, grab one of the Traffic Zoo York/Illuminati/Silverstar Ricks picks remakes and post a pic so I can see it and stop pretending that I’m going to be financially responsible and not buy another deck I don’t need
dude, I’m all over them joints but can’t find one big enough here in Japan, they’re all 8.125 or under! TOA kinda fits that same vibe though so I think I could get away with it.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1369 on: December 11, 2019, 12:19:39 AM »

New Balance 288 are very Busenitz-y. With tongue straps. If you check out this thread he gives good overview. I was on the Busenitz pros for a year or so but I dug these much more.
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=98461.0

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1370 on: December 11, 2019, 12:50:44 AM »
Don’t do it, that thing is TINY irl.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1371 on: December 11, 2019, 01:06:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I saw your pic, is it really that small?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1372 on: December 11, 2019, 01:48:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

the taper is insane on those. its really only an 8.5 at the widest point and that only
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1373 on: December 11, 2019, 03:59:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

the taper is insane on those. its really only an 8.5 at the widest point and that only

Seconded. Gave mine away shortly after, wish I got the next size up.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1374 on: December 11, 2019, 05:04:49 AM »
Need a review of
Emerica Reynolds Low Vulc
Emerica Romero (cup sole)
eS Accel Slim - skated a pair of the original Accels, but not read good things about the revamped version
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1375 on: December 11, 2019, 05:53:51 AM »
Need a review of
eS Accel Slim - skated a pair of the original Accels, but not read good things about the revamped version
Wade, schmattuy, and Tom assta all skate the accel slim, if that has any meaning to you. If you like modern slimmed down cupsoles, it’s probably a good idea to try. I bet those dudes swap the insoles tho.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1376 on: December 11, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »
Need a review of

Have had three pairs of Accel slims. Uppers hold up alright and they are true to size (with tongue straps, a big plus), but the sole is super thin and needs an aftermarket insole. I blew through the outsole on these as fast as I do on on Vans pros (fast, ~2 weeks). People love them and I wanted to love them as well, but they just don't hold up.

I got two pairs of Reynolds low vulcs for super cheap and was very pleasantly surprised by their durability. Uppers are great and the sole lasted surprisingly long for a vulc. The insole is super thin and needs to be replaced, though. True to size on me, but they do have a slightly pointy toe that is a little longer. If you can get them on sale and like vulcanized shoes I would go for it.

Also big ups to the people who recommended me the Busenitz Pro. They're working out very well.

thebacker

« Reply #1377 on: December 11, 2019, 11:48:43 AM »
For anyone contemplating getting OG half cabs as opposed to the pros, they are a bit stiffer but throwing in a pro insole makes them perfect

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1378 on: December 11, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Need a review of
[close]

Have had three pairs of Accel slims. Uppers hold up alright and they are true to size (with tongue straps, a big plus), but the sole is super thin and needs an aftermarket insole. I blew through the outsole on these as fast as I do on on Vans pros (fast, ~2 weeks). People love them and I wanted to love them as well, but they just don't hold up.

I got two pairs of Reynolds low vulcs for super cheap and was very pleasantly surprised by their durability. Uppers are great and the sole lasted surprisingly long for a vulc. The insole is super thin and needs to be replaced, though. True to size on me, but they do have a slightly pointy toe that is a little longer. If you can get them on sale and like vulcanized shoes I would go for it.

Also big ups to the people who recommended me the Busenitz Pro. They're working out very well.

Sweet, thanks for the review. I will go with the Reynolds, the toe on Emerica shoes are really pointy, I put a hard insole when I'm not using them to stretch them out.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1379 on: December 11, 2019, 04:11:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Need a review of
[close]

[close]

Sweet, thanks for the review. I will go with the Reynolds, the toe on Emerica shoes are really pointy, I put a hard insole when I'm not using them to stretch them out.
just threw a dr scholl's insole I had in the reynolds vulc low (which i got for $25) and they're feeling good. (better) little norrow in the toebox but they do compensate with a little longer toe as @frozenindustries said