Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328503 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1380 on: December 26, 2019, 06:14:45 PM »
really want to get a scram deck. their shapes and vibes are dope. whos had one of these and what trucks do you ride it with?

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1381 on: December 26, 2019, 07:05:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Need a review of
Emerica Reynolds Low Vulc
Emerica Romero (cup sole)
eS Accel Slim - skated a pair of the original Accels, but not read good things about the revamped version
[close]

Have had three pairs of Accel slims. Uppers hold up alright and they are true to size (with tongue straps, a big plus), but the sole is super thin and needs an aftermarket insole. I blew through the outsole on these as fast as I do on on Vans pros (fast, ~2 weeks). People love them and I wanted to love them as well, but they just don't hold up.

I got two pairs of Reynolds low vulcs for super cheap and was very pleasantly surprised by their durability. Uppers are great and the sole lasted surprisingly long for a vulc. The insole is super thin and needs to be replaced, though. True to size on me, but they do have a slightly pointy toe that is a little longer. If you can get them on sale and like vulcanized shoes I would go for it.

Also big ups to the people who recommended me the Busenitz Pro. They're working out very well.
[close]

Sweet, thanks for the review. I will go with the Reynolds, the toe on Emerica shoes are really pointy, I put a hard insole when I'm not using them to stretch them out.
[close]
just threw a dr scholl's insole I had in the reynolds vulc low (which i got for $25) and they're feeling good. (better) little norrow in the toebox but they do compensate with a little longer toe as @frozenindustries said

Went with a pair of Emerica Hsus and the toe box was really narrow, suede not holding up too good but the grip on the rubber and board feel is awesome. I've resorted to using Shoe Goo because the uppers were tearing up about 3 sessions in.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #1382 on: December 26, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »
To be fair those hsus must be many years old at this point.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1383 on: December 26, 2019, 11:52:11 PM »
To be fair those hsus must be many years old at this point.

The sole was a little stiff but manageable, the tight toe box is helping me get precise with my flip tricks but I needed to wear them in with a pair of hard orthopedic insoles before they weren't strangling my feet.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1384 on: December 27, 2019, 03:40:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Need a review of
eS Accel Slim - skated a pair of the original Accels, but not read good things about the revamped version
[close]

Have had three pairs of Accel slims. Uppers hold up alright and they are true to size (with tongue straps, a big plus), but the sole is super thin and needs an aftermarket insole. I blew through the outsole on these as fast as I do on on Vans pros (fast, ~2 weeks). People love them and I wanted to love them as well, but they just don't hold up.

I got two pairs of Reynolds low vulcs for super cheap and was very pleasantly surprised by their durability. Uppers are great and the sole lasted surprisingly long for a vulc. The insole is super thin and needs to be replaced, though. True to size on me, but they do have a slightly pointy toe that is a little longer. If you can get them on sale and like vulcanized shoes I would go for it.

Also big ups to the people who recommended me the Busenitz Pro. They're working out very well.

Agree with all of this, except I was half size larger in the accel slims. Busenitz pro is such a great shoe, I need more forefoot cushioning tho. So thin, great feel mind you, but the balls of my feet felt very hot. Should probably just lose weight

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1385 on: December 27, 2019, 07:31:37 PM »
Need a review on a deck from The Killing Floor, I know it's from Generator and that's about it, no info about WB or length.

http://www.chutingstar.com/the-killing-floor-mashup-2-818-skateboard-deck
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1386 on: December 28, 2019, 02:46:23 AM »
Need a review on a deck from The Killing Floor, I know it's from Generator and that's about it, no info about WB or length.

http://www.chutingstar.com/the-killing-floor-mashup-2-818-skateboard-deck

anyone ride the polar p8 shape? the dimensions look really interesting
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1387 on: December 28, 2019, 11:47:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Need a review of
[close]

[close]

Agree with all of this, except I was half size larger in the accel slims. Busenitz pro is such a great shoe, I need more forefoot cushioning tho. So thin, great feel mind you, but the balls of my feet felt very hot. Should probably just lose weight
I’m a little late in replying, but I skated a couple pairs of es shoes this year including the Accel Slim. I also had to get half a size up. I could also feel the rectangle es logo on the bottom of the sole through the shoe and in my heel. It bothered the hell out of me and I had to stop skating them because of it

If you’re a 10.5 someone is selling a pair in the Cheap Outlet Shoes thread over in Events/Classifieds
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:58:45 PM by tom »
fuck you bama

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1388 on: December 29, 2019, 02:38:02 AM »
Need a review of

Reynolds Vulc Lows are super dope for how cheap you can find them (I got my current ones for $25) but they’re a super basic shoe so don’t pay full price for them.

Mine are holding up insanely well, especially the heelflip area.  I do a lot off heelflip variations and I’m very impressed at the lack of wear I’ve given them.  The kickflip area is normal quality.  It’s much better than say a Lakai Vulc (I swear the flick zone on those is paper thin) but not as durable as something like a Vans shoe that has Duracap.

My biggest issues with the shoe are the fact that the tongue always gets shoved to the side due to the shape combined with the lack of tongue centering bands, the plastic pieces in the heels broke right away and if I don’t play around with after putting them on it is uncomfortable and causes the shoe to slip off easily, and my last complaint is the insole.

The insoles are non removable, unless you tear them out, and they are very very very thin.  They also don’t mold to your feet like a lot of modern Vulc shoes do these days.  Also the toe box tapers in quite a bit so that along with the lack of molding/packing out caused me to go a half a size up.  With my China 2s I went quite tight because those actually mold around your feet.

They also look great on foot.  I’d say go got them if you can find a good deal.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1389 on: December 29, 2019, 03:06:11 AM »
Waiting for Busenitz Vulc II to be available in here + tensors 5.75 which, so far, had been impossible to find  :'(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #1390 on: December 29, 2019, 08:49:47 AM »
really want to get a scram deck. their shapes and vibes are dope. whos had one of these and what trucks do you ride it with?

Kinda depends on which shape you get! For most I’d say 55s would be a safe bet. For the huge boats probably 66s or you could even go with 215s if you can find some.
Edit: Couldn’t see the image so I was just kinda guessing

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1391 on: December 29, 2019, 09:01:35 AM »
Waiting for Busenitz Vulc II to be available in here + tensors 5.75 which, so far, had been impossible to find  :'(

Not sure which tensors your looking for but thank you supply had the 5.75 last time I was on there

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1392 on: December 29, 2019, 10:28:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure which tensors your looking for but thank you supply had the 5.75 last time I was on there
yep. Liking them
https://thankyousupply.com/products/tensor-new-raw-aluminum-skateboard-trucks

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1393 on: December 29, 2019, 11:20:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The new ATG, got them on 5.5 and I love them. Thing is that I want to find them in my country, I don't feel like an intl purchase.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1394 on: December 29, 2019, 11:38:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The new ATG, got them on 5.5 and I love them. Thing is that I want to find them in my country, I don't feel like an intl purchase.

Damn, didn’t know you were international. I bet they could send you the direction of a shop or distro near you if you shoot them an email or PM

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1395 on: December 29, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn, didn’t know you were international. I bet they could send you the direction of a shop or distro near you if you shoot them an email or PM
Didn't thought you that, I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:16:40 AM by AssFlea »
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1399 on: December 30, 2019, 02:26:01 PM »
I bought a pair of emerica baekkel slip ons...got them yesterday...not impressed! Thinking of sending it back.

What are thoughts or experience with Adidas Liberty Cup shoes? Do they look really bulky? Durability?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1400 on: December 30, 2019, 04:10:16 PM »
I bought a pair of emerica baekkel slip ons...got them yesterday...not impressed! Thinking of sending it back.
fit? A few were just commenting how nice the wino g6 slips were in the other shoes thread

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1401 on: December 30, 2019, 04:12:55 PM »
What are thoughts or experience with Adidas Liberty Cup shoes? Do they look really bulky? Durability?

I have narrow foot with high arch and the fit was one of the best I have ever found in a skate shoe.  The support for me was non-existent though.  I could feel individual pebbles walking over them.  Might work better with another insole but that ruined the fit.

sammyz

« Reply #1402 on: December 30, 2019, 04:15:49 PM »
nah fit is fine...the all black in real life doesn't look that great, and I feel like im destined for heel bruises in these!

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1403 on: December 30, 2019, 04:17:39 PM »
After reading all the responses in the weird truck thread I've been thinking pretty hard about Tensors.

https://thankyousupply.com/collections/tensor-trucks/products/tensor-new-silver-mag-light-skateboard-trucks?variant=3314582028312

$60, but I've been an Indy guy for like 5 years now, and switching to Tensor just seems weird

The fact that people like Tensor is just Bizarre to me.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1404 on: December 30, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »
nah fit is fine...the all black in real life doesn't look that great, and I feel like im destined for heel bruises in these!

The hell did you expect from a thin slip on vulc

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1405 on: December 30, 2019, 04:28:21 PM »
After reading all the responses in the weird truck thread I've been thinking pretty hard about Tensors.

https://thankyousupply.com/collections/tensor-trucks/products/tensor-new-silver-mag-light-skateboard-trucks?variant=3314582028312

$60, but I've been an Indy guy for like 5 years now, and switching to Tensor just seems weird

Go for them man, I lost so many years with Indy
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

sammyz

« Reply #1406 on: December 30, 2019, 04:33:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

The hell did you expect from a thin slip on vulc

Not much in the way heel support...although, I would say though the Lakai Riley's have better support.

I think its more the all black thats putting me off. I'm just gonna skate them and see how they go.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1407 on: December 30, 2019, 05:15:49 PM »

Dude, I came from skating indys exclusively for like 15 years, and I think Steve got a set and kinda got me interested. I pulled the trigger when I sized down and really enjoyed them, but I kinda blew through the maglites pretty quick and had to grab whatever was at the shop before a skate trip. Worth the money honestly as it’s not a huge difference in feel and the same height.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1408 on: December 30, 2019, 05:32:40 PM »
Got an Amazon gift card and need help deciding on some wheels. I'm riding 52mm Conicals in 83b, the wider riding patch is nice but feel way too hard for general riding. Eyeing a radial shape for shits and giggles. My choices are:

Spitfire Radial Slims 51mm 99a
Spitfire Radial Slims 54mm 101b
Bones 52mm V1 83b

Usually skate 1 pre-fab park, slip and grip are important since I love slides on ledges.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1409 on: December 30, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »
Got an Amazon gift card and need help deciding on some wheels. I'm riding 52mm Conicals in 83b, the wider riding patch is nice but feel way too hard for general riding. Eyeing a radial shape for shits and giggles. My choices are:

Spitfire Radial Slims 51mm 99a
Spitfire Radial Slims 54mm 101b
Bones 52mm V1 83b

Usually skate 1 pre-fab park, slip and grip are important since I love slides on ledges.

99a slides fine if that’s what your worried about. I would just get whatever is closer to what you normally ride and not stress over duro.