Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324567 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1500 on: January 18, 2020, 08:48:48 AM »
Soooooo. I fucked it up and did not buy one of those Mike Carroll 7.5 ps boards. Didn’t need a board, didn’t think they would all sell out. Anybody know where one is? Or a narrow, flat, ps shape? Really enjoyable. Some stuff is a lot more difficult, but the board ‘feels right’ as that was the era I spent the most time on a board.
If anyone has a line on one, or a substitute lemme know please!

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #1501 on: January 18, 2020, 08:58:16 AM »
Soooooo. I fucked it up and did not buy one of those Mike Carroll 7.5 ps boards. Didn’t need a board, didn’t think they would all sell out. Anybody know where one is? Or a narrow, flat, ps shape? Really enjoyable. Some stuff is a lot more difficult, but the board ‘feels right’ as that was the era I spent the most time on a board.
Pressed by ps and I’m sure it’s super flat if it’s period correct. Ben degros did a review on it. If I come across one online I’ll send you a link, I think I’ve seen it recently

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1502 on: January 18, 2020, 09:13:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Pressed by ps and I’m sure it’s super flat if it’s period correct. Ben degros did a review on it. If I come across one online I’ll send you a link, I think I’ve seen it recently
This is the board crob was drooling over on nine club
Uses og mold
https://newdealskateboards.com/all-products/wtf-sun-5hs23
This board is straight out of the mid '90s with a very shallow concave that I developed in 1993. 7 1/2” wide, 14” wheelbase, 6 3/4” nose, and a 6 3/8” tail. This board has the compact dimensions of many boards in that era with 2 fingers of flat from the bolt holes to the bends, with a low nose and short tail. These boards are 5% thicker like I built boards back then - so the stiffness matches the mold. I always have people ask me how they can get that '90s feeling board, so this one is for you.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1503 on: January 18, 2020, 09:16:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Very kind of you, thanks.
I don’t see any available. Totally my bad for lagging.
I have the jovontae one and it’s way too much fun.
The ps wood feels way better, also feels very fragile.
Anything real flat, ps, sub 8” will probably be close enough.
Was definitely trying to chill on buying stuff: I dont break boards. I could probably skate for the rest of my life on the 7 ish old decks I have now. But most are big because I was trying to fit in/ride the equipment of today. 

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1504 on: January 18, 2020, 09:21:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This is the board crob was drooling over on nine club
Uses og mold
https://newdealskateboards.com/all-products/wtf-sun-5hs23
Expand Quote
This board is straight out of the mid '90s with a very shallow concave that I developed in 1993. 7 1/2” wide, 14” wheelbase, 6 3/4” nose, and a 6 3/8” tail. This board has the compact dimensions of many boards in that era with 2 fingers of flat from the bolt holes to the bends, with a low nose and short tail. These boards are 5% thicker like I built boards back then - so the stiffness matches the mold. I always have people ask me how they can get that '90s feeling board, so this one is for you.
[close]

Sick! Thanks! I somehow missed these. Da deal was right in this weird window where I kooked out unforgivably and stopped skating from like 1989-1993/4. When I quit boards were just getting more nose, but still very whale tale ish. When I started again the shop owner told me to get 44.5 mm wheels so that I didn’t skate too slow.

Anyways thanks both of ya’ll!

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #1505 on: January 18, 2020, 11:55:02 AM »

rah where the FUCK did this collab come from

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1506 on: January 18, 2020, 12:24:23 PM »

Yaje is nice too. Board is beautiful

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1507 on: January 18, 2020, 12:35:47 PM »
That Templeton New Deal Cat reissue and some Thunder 161s or maybe Venture 6.1s
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #1508 on: January 18, 2020, 01:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Very kind of you, thanks.
I don’t see any available. Totally my bad for lagging.
I have the jovontae one and it’s way too much fun.
The ps wood feels way better, also feels very fragile.
Anything real flat, ps, sub 8” will probably be close enough.
Was definitely trying to chill on buying stuff: I dont break boards. I could probably skate for the rest of my life on the 7 ish old decks I have now. But most are big because I was trying to fit in/ride the equipment of today.
Looks like I saw the 7.8 version on warehouse but it’s not an og shape.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1509 on: January 18, 2020, 04:55:05 PM »
I gotta get something. I just broke my shit fucking around doing stationary kickflips.

Boom fucking broke. Band fucking new complete. Stationary kickflips.

I got $3.80 rn. Lol.

Good thing im not some POS assflea
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1510 on: January 20, 2020, 02:27:31 AM »
Busenitz vulc 2 finally arrived here, can't wait to get paid and get them. Anybody already tried them?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1511 on: January 20, 2020, 02:33:37 AM »
wanna try a wider board with short wheelbase

maybe a quasi proto 8.5 or a baker mega 8.6, having a hard time deciding

edit: just ordered it
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:45:13 AM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1512 on: January 21, 2020, 08:24:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody skate Hockey boards? Been looking at the AA Angel 8.25 and contemplating pulling the trigger. The wheelbase and length seem perfect, just wondering about steepness of kicks and concave... I usually skate mellow Tum Yeto boards so I’m used to a flatter deck.
[close]

I don't skate them but I have friends that do and from what I see they are way steeper than tum yeto
[close]

Thanks Gonna give it a go and switch it up.
[close]

I’m curious to hear your thoughts, I had a Hockey once and the tail felt real short but it might’ve just been an optical illusion
Absolutely love this deck.
Long, blunt steep nose. Short, steep tail. Definitely not an illusion. Just enough concave. Like the 14.1 wheelbase as well.Think it’s gonna be my go to for now.
Riding it with Ace 44s and spitfire 54 F4 classics.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1513 on: January 21, 2020, 08:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody skate Hockey boards? Been looking at the AA Angel 8.25 and contemplating pulling the trigger. The wheelbase and length seem perfect, just wondering about steepness of kicks and concave... I usually skate mellow Tum Yeto boards so I’m used to a flatter deck.
[close]

I don't skate them but I have friends that do and from what I see they are way steeper than tum yeto
[close]

Thanks Gonna give it a go and switch it up.
[close]

I’m curious to hear your thoughts, I had a Hockey once and the tail felt real short but it might’ve just been an optical illusion
[close]
Absolutely love this deck.
Long, blunt steep nose. Short, steep tail. Definitely not an illusion. Just enough concave. Like the 14.1 wheelbase as well.Think it’s gonna be my go to for now.
Riding it with Ace 44s and spitfire 54 F4 classics.
Riding the same deck and loving it

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #1514 on: January 21, 2020, 08:41:54 AM »
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1515 on: January 21, 2020, 08:59:02 AM »
i like the shape of the franky villani primitive decks. too bad all his graphics are literal dogshit
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1516 on: January 21, 2020, 09:54:46 AM »
i like the shape of the franky villani primitive decks. too bad all his graphics are literal dogshit
Most primitive graphics are shit

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1517 on: January 21, 2020, 01:16:02 PM »

Idk. When skaters doodle their own graphics I give props.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1518 on: January 21, 2020, 02:11:08 PM »

Indeed, what the fuck. Not bummed. Huge fan of Burial, pretty surprising he would do something like this. Might have to cop for the wall.

satan

« Reply #1519 on: January 21, 2020, 04:56:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Every board is a can of spray paint away from a good graphic
And the point of this thing we do is to get rid of those graphics..
Idk maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1520 on: January 21, 2020, 05:11:53 PM »

At least it ain't Revive level of shit; I wouldn't roll up to the park with those graphics. Smart move on Primitive's part going with anime (DBZ & Naruto) graphics; allows them to sell boards outside the skateboarder demographic to weebs who would splash cash at anime collectibles.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1521 on: January 21, 2020, 06:35:52 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7mXk5bJl59/?igshid=ehunhjvx5x4m

T funk board looking good and fat but snow and 13° outside currently

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1522 on: January 21, 2020, 06:56:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

well of course thats the easy solution but at that point why even spend $50+ on it and extra on spray paint? i really would need motivation to ride the graphics off these decks, good thing franky is pro. i cant pay to walk around in public with this shit let alone post it in the setup thread. to be honest, id need a primitive check to own any of these atrocities. maybe im crazy for liking to look at my investment and be satisfied with what i spent my money on but you can be the judge

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

satan

« Reply #1523 on: January 21, 2020, 07:10:00 PM »
For that money I get what you're saying.
I have a tough time with the idea of paying $50-60 for a deck but I know I'm gonna have to do it pretty soon.
Last 3 primi I got were $56 to my door. They've done some decent deals since then.
I usually try to spend $40 or less so I don't get picky about graphics; just woodshop, size/dimensions, shape (full nose, etc), concave/kicks.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1524 on: January 21, 2020, 07:27:13 PM »
I have a tough time with the idea of paying $50-60 for a deck but I know I'm gonna have to do it pretty soon.
Last 3 primi I got were $56 to my door. They've done some decent deals since then.
I usually try to spend $40 or less so I don't get picky about graphics; just woodshop, size/dimensions, shape (full nose, etc), concave/kicks.

im picky about the woodshop, size/dimensions, shape, etc and the primitive shape met the criteria for everything worth me trying out. the reason im pissed off is because they all look like that and i will stoop low for a good shape, trust me, this is in my shopping cart. but that aint this and this aint that

satan

« Reply #1525 on: January 21, 2020, 07:47:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

im picky about the woodshop, size/dimensions, shape, etc and the primitive shape met the criteria for everything worth me trying out. the reason im pissed off is because they all look like that and i will stoop low for a good shape, trust me, this is in my shopping cart. but that aint this and this aint that

Hilarious. That's one of the boards I'd actually consider buying for full price. I'm a lil picky about the 14.5" wb though.
And the graphic is only mildly less pervy than Horny Henry. Funny graphics but too many ppl won't get the joke.

Out of the Vallani graphics the backpack one is the least offensive to me, then, gawd, dbz?
Bat graphic was ok, no more of those? Probably other BBS football's out there..
I've got an r&m and I'd worry about pedo vibes if I skated a crowded park. Was gonna paint it but a friend talked me into checking how the foil slid.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1526 on: January 21, 2020, 08:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Hilarious. That's one of the boards I'd actually consider buying for full price. I'm a lil picky about the 14.5" wb though.
And the graphic is only mildly less pervy than Horny Henry. Funny graphics but too many ppl won't get the joke.

Out of the Vallani graphics the backpack one is the least offensive to me, then, gawd, dbz?
Bat graphic was ok, no more of those? Probably other BBS football's out there..
I've got an r&m and I'd worry about pedo vibes if I skated a crowded park. Was gonna paint it but a friend talked me into checking how the foil slid.

every polar deck that they list at 14.5 that i have measured ended up being 14.375. its like they said fuck it and just rounded up. really should fix that for the customers sake but it feels good to be in the know about shit like that especially since its my favorite wb to date. id highly suggest measuring polar wheelbases yourself.

i only included the dog graphic because i called dogshit in the first place. its probably the best one yet literally dog shit. hopefully another bbs brand can jack this shape and not disappoint my already low graphic standards, i just cant think who

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1527 on: January 21, 2020, 08:42:02 PM »

Same here, I see the kind of prices you guys get in the US (40-50) and it makes it hard for me to justify paying 60-70 for a similar board here. I try to buy my boards in bulk when they are on sales in the US but don't want to trouble my family to keep bringing heavy boards back to Asia when they travel.

My gear madness has come back to bite me in the ass.
Indy 139
Thunder 148 Titanium
Thunder 147 Hollow Lights
Venture 5.2 Lo
02 x Venture 5.2 Hi
Tensor Maglight 5.5
Theeve 5.25

All these trucks and I have no idea what board to get and which truck to pair it with. Thinking of a Real Full SE in 8.25, but like I said above, I can't justify spending 70ish for a new board when I have a Real 8.18 Kyle Walker sitting in my room waiting to be ridden.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1528 on: January 21, 2020, 11:15:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

well of course thats the easy solution but at that point why even spend $50+ on it and extra on spray paint? i really would need motivation to ride the graphics off these decks, good thing franky is pro. i cant pay to walk around in public with this shit let alone post it in the setup thread. to be honest, id need a primitive check to own any of these atrocities. maybe im crazy for liking to look at my investment and be satisfied with what i spent my money on but you can be the judge

What trucks are people running on these shapes? I asked Franky on instagram once and he said Thunder 159's, which are not a thing. So I'd assume he means the Thunder 151's? I think I also saw him skating the 161's when they came out, which I believe are 9.125" axel.

satan

« Reply #1529 on: January 21, 2020, 11:27:36 PM »
I'd guess 149's (8.5") for that football. That'd be period correct to me. I don't remember ppl rocking wide trucks back then but the tiny wheels made it look that way. I see dudes doing 8.75" on footballs now and it just looks weird to me, and it also hotrods.