Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328630 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1530 on: January 21, 2020, 11:30:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i like the shape of the franky villani primitive decks. too bad all his graphics are literal dogshit
[close]

Idk. When skaters doodle their own graphics I give props.
[close]
Every board is a can of spray paint away from a good graphic
And the point of this thing we do is to get rid of those graphics..
Idk maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years
[close]

well of course thats the easy solution but at that point why even spend $50+ on it and extra on spray paint? i really would need motivation to ride the graphics off these decks, good thing franky is pro. i cant pay to walk around in public with this shit let alone post it in the setup thread. to be honest, id need a primitive check to own any of these atrocities. maybe im crazy for liking to look at my investment and be satisfied with what i spent my money on but you can be the judge

[close]
What trucks are people running on these shapes? I asked Franky on instagram once and he said Thunder 159's, which are not a thing. So I'd assume he means the Thunder 151's? I think I also saw him skating the 161's when they came out, which I believe are 9.125" axel.

all the egg shapes i have rode run great with slightly smaller trucks. id run 151s/159s for the best stability/agility combo. 149s felt way to squirrel and unstable on a 9 that tapered to 8.75 by the trucks, but it could work for you
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #1531 on: January 22, 2020, 01:45:06 AM »
New polar shape—8.375

BTW—Polar has got tons of SHAPES.

BLIMEY BLOKES

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1532 on: January 22, 2020, 03:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the reason im pissed off is because they all look like that and i will stoop low for a good shape, trust me, this is in my shopping cart. but that aint this and this aint that

really want to try this 9.25” shape. Good to know about wb. Has it in my cart multiple times around the holiday sales. Figured I’d throw a few stickers on it or something.. was hoping for a new graphic on the shape this spring. Wheel wells are sick and I like the squares tail

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1533 on: January 22, 2020, 04:36:57 AM »
Need help deciding between:
Real Twin Tail 8.38 x 31.9 x 14.4 - twice the board for the same price, usually use my tail for all tricks except kickflips, worried the shape and big width increase may be too much.

Real Full SE 8.25 x 32 x 14.25 - liking the smaller dimensions

Real R1 8.18 x 31.8 x 14.38 - smallest adjustment in terms of size but long ass WB

Looking to size up from a 8 x 32 x 14. Liking the short WB and length, tail could be a little bigger to get a nice lock in for slides.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1534 on: January 22, 2020, 09:23:10 AM »
New polar shape—8.375

BTW—Polar has got tons of SHAPES.

BLIMEY BLOKES

thats not a new shape. its the polar arigato shape and has been out for a while
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1535 on: January 22, 2020, 09:28:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the reason im pissed off is because they all look like that and i will stoop low for a good shape, trust me, this is in my shopping cart. but that aint this and this aint that

[close]
really want to try this 9.25” shape. Good to know about wb. Has it in my cart multiple times around the holiday sales. Figured I’d throw a few stickers on it or something.. was hoping for a new graphic on the shape this spring. Wheel wells are sick and I like the squares tail

lucky for us, their spring 2020 collection just dropped. the boserio is the winner for me easily

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1536 on: January 22, 2020, 10:31:33 AM »

rah where the FUCK did this collab come from

I was eyeing that but wasn't sure based on length measurements (actually being that long of if it's shorter due to PS measuring with concave).

backinaction

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1537 on: January 22, 2020, 10:37:50 AM »
Need help deciding between:
Real Twin Tail 8.38 x 31.9 x 14.4 - twice the board for the same price, usually use my tail for all tricks except kickflips, worried the shape and big width increase may be too much.

It is an 8.3, not an 8.38 (not that the .08 matters that much).   It's a good shape, and it also often comes in a slick. Krooked does the same shape for Bobby and that is sometimes in stock more often than the Real one.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1538 on: January 22, 2020, 10:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was eyeing that but wasn't sure based on length measurements (actually being that long of if it's shorter due to PS measuring with concave).

Nice!

Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1539 on: January 22, 2020, 11:05:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i like the shape of the franky villani primitive decks. too bad all his graphics are literal dogshit
[close]

Idk. When skaters doodle their own graphics I give props.
[close]
Every board is a can of spray paint away from a good graphic
And the point of this thing we do is to get rid of those graphics..
Idk maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years
[close]

well of course thats the easy solution but at that point why even spend $50+ on it and extra on spray paint? i really would need motivation to ride the graphics off these decks, good thing franky is pro. i cant pay to walk around in public with this shit let alone post it in the setup thread. to be honest, id need a primitive check to own any of these atrocities. maybe im crazy for liking to look at my investment and be satisfied with what i spent my money on but you can be the judge

That bottom one ain’t so bad

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1540 on: January 22, 2020, 11:16:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Alien is BBS now. I've had a few of their boards and all have measured true to what they're listed as. Hope that helps!

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1541 on: January 22, 2020, 12:01:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Alien is BBS now. I've had a few of their boards and all have measured true to what they're listed as. Hope that helps!

This graphic is sick.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #1542 on: January 22, 2020, 11:47:19 PM »
Contemplating whether or not to get thunder 149s or just wait for the new aces to drop. Currently on 44s right now. I usually skate transition and some low ledges and curbs. Thunders seem like they’d work but I’m worried about the turn.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1543 on: January 23, 2020, 04:06:12 AM »
Contemplating whether or not to get thunder 149s or just wait for the new aces to drop. Currently on 44s right now. I usually skate transition and some low ledges and curbs. Thunders seem like they’d work but I’m worried about the turn.

I don't think there is a confirmed date for the new Ace. I commented on an IG photo asking when they are dropping. They liked it but didn't respond.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #1544 on: January 23, 2020, 07:01:09 AM »

You should be worried...
Also the wheel it makes it so hard for me to skate anything else after ace.

Even though they are lower than standard indies they never bite

PMA

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1545 on: January 24, 2020, 08:25:21 AM »

Need to choose between these 3 options...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #1546 on: January 24, 2020, 08:31:06 AM »

Thunders will feel  a lot better grinding those curbs and ledges than the current Ace. Don't be afraid of risers. They'll make the Thunders turn better. The new Ace look great though.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1547 on: January 24, 2020, 11:01:57 AM »
[img]https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_images/252817253/IMG_4959.JPG?auto=format&fit=max&w=1500/img]

https://seasonsskateshop.bigcartel.com/product/wires-wildlife-rescue-donation-tee-white

Copped
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #1548 on: January 24, 2020, 02:00:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thunders will feel  a lot better grinding those curbs and ledges than the current Ace. Don't be afraid of risers. They'll make the Thunders turn better. The new Ace look great though.
Thanks for the input! I’m currently riding Aces with 1/4 risers so I should be good. Might just go for it and try something new. As mentioned earlier, there isn’t a release date confirmed for the new Ace models right?

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #1549 on: January 24, 2020, 02:41:36 PM »
everyone clamoring about these new Tensor ATGs got me super curious, but their 5-5.25-5.5 sizing info is hella confusing, what size should i fuck with if i ride 8.3-8.5?

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1550 on: January 24, 2020, 02:46:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And ACE will feel a lot better in transition (Bowls)...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1551 on: January 24, 2020, 03:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1552 on: January 25, 2020, 01:15:21 AM »
the romero hi chelsea boots look just my kind of crazy. gonna order some next week to skate in. that beat up/worn in leather look will be well worth me learning switchflips. definitely have been sleeping on emerica, never owned a pair. will take a break from adidas, nike, vans, etc and try out some other cupsoles. figgy dose without laces is already queued up

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1553 on: January 25, 2020, 01:25:46 AM »

Yo that Vertigo one is too sick!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 01:28:39 AM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1555 on: January 28, 2020, 01:05:41 AM »
Choosing between Indy 144 and 149. Recently went up in board sizes and while I'm loving the room the longer WB doesn't jive well for me, nose and tail end up feeling a touch too short. Thinking if I should go with the Indy Standard or the Hollow versions, they are a fair bit pricier.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1556 on: January 28, 2020, 06:17:40 AM »
I really want to make a smaller setup and been eyeing up the quasi 8.0 and 8.1. The eight is longer than what i usually skate(quasi 8.5x32.1) but the 8.1 has a smaller wheelbase than what I’m used to. Going to get a set of 8 trucks too. Not sure whether to go venture, Indy or thunders. Ahhhhh decisions decisions!!!!!!

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1557 on: January 28, 2020, 06:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Get one of the 8.4’s because that shape is so good

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1558 on: January 28, 2020, 07:13:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
https://bakerskateboards.com/pages/board-construction
8.4" - 14.25" wb
8.5" - 14.5" wb

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1559 on: January 28, 2020, 07:25:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Got the one on the middle. Had a Reynolds one with the same shape years ago and I loved it. Also that kinda Predator vision style is pretty cool
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.