Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328833 times)

Coffee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1650 on: February 14, 2020, 04:45:22 PM »
Just saw anti hero is releasing a Raney deck that’s 8.1x14x31.3 which is super close to the board I’m riding now. So it’s more a matter of finding it / getting the shop to order it vs mulling over if I should

I’m riding this shape on a Bobby Worrest Krooked board right now and it’s the best shape I’ve ever ridden. I got a baker deck for Christmas that I’m going to skate next then I’ll probably have my shop order another dlx board with that shape.

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1651 on: February 16, 2020, 09:11:21 AM »

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1652 on: February 16, 2020, 01:39:28 PM »

Trying to decide if I should just get one for the collection or 2 and skate 1.
One of my got to decks in THPS
I bought one just because, but now I’m wondering if I should have bought two just to keep one

I’m seriously considering buying Bones Ceramics. Are they actually worth it or is the difference between these and Swiss unnoticeable?
fuck you bama

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1653 on: February 16, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »
Some local 8.5 board
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1654 on: February 16, 2020, 03:58:09 PM »

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #1655 on: February 16, 2020, 04:11:08 PM »
Those fake koston 3's in white. They aren't that bad and give me a big nostalgia boner.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1656 on: February 16, 2020, 06:06:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I bought one just because, but now I’m wondering if I should have bought two just to keep one

I’m seriously considering buying Bones Ceramics. Are they actually worth it or is the difference between these and Swiss unnoticeable?

Only if you can be bothered to maintain them. I tried a pair of Bones Swiss (the one with the black box) and 1/2 the bearing seized up after some light use. Hell the budget bearings I got off a 2nd hand complete spun better than the expensive stuff. Doing a full tear down and clean (removed shields and cages) and shake with solution didn't do much to help them.

So I've decided to do the buy and throw approach to bearings. Sometimes it feel like the difference between cheap and expensive bearings are the box they come in and the tiny words on the shields that justify a price premium.

Just my 2 cents on this slow Monday morning.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Stigmata

« Reply #1657 on: February 16, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ive got Bones Swiss, Bones Ceramics and Bones Big Balls across 3 setups. I can honestly say im enjoying the Big Balls the most right now. I really dont see myself getting the ceramics ever again cuz the others are just fine.

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #1658 on: February 16, 2020, 08:03:27 PM »
I kinda dig the new Supra Muska 2000 - But that price tag... 200$USD which is like 260$CDN.
Wouldn't even try to skate them, just enjoy the look of 'em.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1659 on: February 16, 2020, 10:57:23 PM »
Good to know that they’ll slow down if I don’t take them apart and clean them often enough. I’ll skate reds until they don’t roll fast enough and toss em. That seems to be every other set of wheels. I’m riding the Big Ball Reds right now and they roll great. It’s good to know I’m better off not spending the money on them. Thanks guys, you saved me $150
fuck you bama

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1660 on: February 16, 2020, 11:57:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From my experience vert/tranny dudes loves ceramics but they don’t last that long on streets, I’d go with regular Swiss.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1661 on: February 17, 2020, 03:53:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Just saw anti hero is releasing a Raney deck that’s 8.1x14x31.3 which is super close to the board I’m riding now. So it’s more a matter of finding it / getting the shop to order it vs mulling over if I should
[close]

I’m riding this shape on a Bobby Worrest Krooked board right now and it’s the best shape I’ve ever ridden. I got a baker deck for Christmas that I’m going to skate next then I’ll probably have my shop order another dlx board with that shape.

What Bobby deck is it? I skate dc a few times a month so would be super down to support bobby

Edit- found it in the dlx catalog  if it’s the death deck. Gonna look out for it. All the online shops have it listed for different lengths but I’m more likely to believe what dlx has it listed. I’ll check it out at SPOT since I’ll be there Friday and they are showing it in stock
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:10:19 AM by Esmith5488 »

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1662 on: February 17, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »
got this jacket in all black and its actually really warm. Got it a size too big though, but still feel silly buying this one even though itd be the right size and technically a little different

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #1663 on: February 17, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »
Trying to decide between this 8.5 X 32.5 Baker Hawk board with square nose and "hella concave":

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Baker_Hawk_Vertical_B2_Deck/descpage-BKHVERTB2DK.html

or this 8.5 X 33 Quasi with what is likely mellow to flat concave:

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Baker_Hawk_Vertical_B2_Deck/descpage-BKHVERTB2DK.html

Please help me live me life Slappers. Leaning towards the Hawk because I'm currently having a hard time rotating my flips and feel like the concave could help. However, I remember the last steep concave board I had, kinda hurt my feet.

After years of just skating here and there, I've been out skating more than ever this past month so, it's not like I should be flipping shit like I use to already.
The chillest1

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1664 on: February 17, 2020, 01:09:07 PM »
Trying to decide between this 8.5 X 32.5 Baker Hawk board with square nose and "hella concave":

Please help me live me life Slappers. Leaning towards the Hawk because I'm currently having a hard time rotating my flips and feel like the concave could help. However, I remember the last steep concave board I had, kinda hurt my feet.

After years of just skating here and there, I've been out skating more than ever this past month so, it's not like I should be flipping shit like I use to already.

Yeah I would go with the Baker Deck, since it's a bit shorter and BBS.
IG: @flowterspace

Fernandito

• Rep: -77
« Reply #1665 on: February 17, 2020, 02:00:37 PM »

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1666 on: February 17, 2020, 03:38:39 PM »

Kind of want this as an everyday hat type of thing.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1667 on: February 17, 2020, 04:50:01 PM »

Kind of want this as an everyday hat type of thing.

Bought this same hat last year because I was bummed about not getting the 7.5" reissue (I knew it was a bad idea). It's a nice hat and honestly filled the void for sure. Would recommend.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #1668 on: February 17, 2020, 06:22:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I would go with the Baker Deck, since it's a bit shorter and BBS.

I don't mind ps stix or the length. Part of the reason I'm interested in both are for the length.
The chillest1

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #1669 on: February 17, 2020, 06:55:27 PM »

Maybe I'll treat myself to this when it drops

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1670 on: February 17, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »
yall making me wish i wore hats...too bad they look meh with a durag. cant commit to fucking with my hair
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1671 on: February 17, 2020, 07:42:29 PM »
Do the Emerica Romero Reserve Chelsea boots fit like the regular Romero?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1672 on: February 17, 2020, 07:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What Bobby deck is it? I skate dc a few times a month so would be super down to support bobby

Edit- found it in the dlx catalog  if it’s the death deck. Gonna look out for it. All the online shops have it listed for different lengths but I’m more likely to believe what dlx has it listed. I’ll check it out at SPOT since I’ll be there Friday and they are showing it in stock

I think it’s called the MVP. It had a snake wearing a football helmet. I’m to incompetent to post a picture but you could probably google it if you wanted to see the graphic.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #1673 on: February 17, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »

Yeah, I bought the same size in both.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1674 on: February 17, 2020, 08:30:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I bought the same size in both.

Thanks, stoked and found them on sale.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Garbagewagon

« Reply #1675 on: February 17, 2020, 08:34:32 PM »
Everything in the next DOA drop, well not everything,,,

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1676 on: February 17, 2020, 08:35:42 PM »

The DC site has these for $33. All of last seasons Legacy 98 Slims are on sale from $26-$40
fuck you bama

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1677 on: February 18, 2020, 02:28:49 PM »
Twist

I can't find the post to quote but...

The bones ceramic red a def worth it.

They're better than swiss (non ceramic) in the way that they don't really rust on the track. The ceramic bearing more or less keeps its race clean except like ledge chunks from metal edge ledges.

I've tried the swiss ceramics that rich kids had its the same basic quite ride.

I suggest that if anyone can find a set of old element white shield ceramics get those if possible.

That was the best bearings for the money I've ever had. Problem was cosmetic. There was blue plating around the edges of the bearings. That went into the bearings I said Fuck it. 12 years is good.

Got reds then scored the ceramic ones from a homie.

3 years later I'm still rolling fast and quite
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

tyshoes

« Reply #1678 on: February 18, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »
Twist

I can't find the post to quote but...

The bones ceramic red a def worth it.

They're better than swiss (non ceramic) in the way that they don't really rust on the track. The ceramic bearing more or less keeps its race clean except like ledge chunks from metal edge ledges.

I've tried the swiss ceramics that rich kids had its the same basic quite ride.

I suggest that if anyone can find a set of old element white shield ceramics get those if possible.

That was the best bearings for the money I've ever had. Problem was cosmetic. There was blue plating around the edges of the bearings. That went into the bearings I said Fuck it. 12 years is good.

Got reds then scored the ceramic ones from a homie.

3 years later I'm still rolling fast and quite

These?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Element-Ceramic-Skateboard-Bearings-8pcs-set-for-Street-Skate-board/192908667331?hash=item2cea40a9c3:g:BncAAOSwvrxbSGf7

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1679 on: February 18, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »
What’s the deal w this rollers California