Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328747 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1710 on: February 27, 2020, 06:32:55 AM »
^^^ Highly recommend the new tensor mag lights since they actually turn. The aluminum ones are excellent too.

Guys what shape of soft (88A) independent bushings do I get? Conical or cylindrical ???

Cylinder

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1711 on: February 27, 2020, 06:36:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Those Venture 5.6 Titanium are gaudy as hell but I love them.

Anyone who how much they shift WB? I found out Thunder Titanium shifts the WB around 3.15", similar to a Thunder Team truck.
[close]

I have had 5.8 and 5.2 venture titaniums and they're both roughly +3.43 3.5ish give or take. I assume the 5.6s would be too.

Thanks, now I have to have them.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tyshoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #1712 on: February 27, 2020, 09:51:10 AM »
^^^ Highly recommend the new tensor mag lights since they actually turn. The aluminum ones are excellent too.

Guys what shape of soft (88A) independent bushings do I get? Conical or cylindrical ???

I put bones hardcore bushings in mine. Works perfect. Turn is very similar to ventures.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:56:04 AM by tyshoes »

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1713 on: February 28, 2020, 09:40:20 AM »
Kinda wanna buy the footprint socks with the lil bit of gel armor on them. Tired of getting boards to the shin/ankle

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #1714 on: February 28, 2020, 10:30:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
ive been digging cylinder bottoms. mad my trucks more stable on center compared to conicals and i like the turn. they are ace bottom bushings at 86a so i think thats why the turn is soo good and surfy feeling, 88a would probably give you a similar feel when broken in
[close]

Good to know, I'm gonna throw them in the Destructos I got and those run cylinders by default so it's probably more consistent that way. I was planning on using some ace bushings but from what I'm aware they're taller than regular bushings.
[close]
I switched to conicals a few weeks ago and really liked the difference. I like indys and wanted a looser truck feel that was hard to get on cylinders. If Indy turns too slow for you I would give them a shot. It’s not a crazy difference. I don’t feel like it’s unstable, but the turning change was really good. I have titanium’s coming in a few days and I’ll probably put them on those as well.

Expand Quote

[close]

Cylinder

So hard to decide, much to think about. I think I have some medium bones, which are conical, so I can just try those compared to the stock bushings and if I find that too "tippy" I'll stick with cylinders

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1715 on: February 28, 2020, 12:37:58 PM »
Kinda wanna buy the footprint socks with the lil bit of gel armor on them. Tired of getting boards to the shin/ankle
just got a big paycheck yesterday gonna splurge on a couple of pairs. i dont get any extra style points for bloody shins and im tired of it ending sessions early
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1716 on: February 29, 2020, 01:20:11 PM »
My 2 nephews want 2 new completes and for me to teach them how to get around the city.

I told them just to get trucks and ill flow them the rest for a while but my aunt is on a spending spree I think

They didn't even ask about the big skate park and I think that's cool.

Should I be like ride hopps and traffic or should I let them find their own type of skating and only chime in about the sizing etc when we go to the shop.

I feel like it's important to keep certain things going that represent what you believe in.

I'm definitely going to push one towards venture truck and the other towards thunder.
That way if one truck is preferred I only got to fix one board. I might end up being able to score a 5.6 without axle slip. That would be killer.

They're hip to f4 because of their father.

He and all his kids push mongo.

I'm going to make it a competitive game to see who can push learn to push properly regs and switch.

Take the winner to new york or something.

Father is a no W for spreading that shit to further generations. I believe his son who can kickflip will have the most trouble kicking the habit.

It takes less than a few hrs to push regs and switch I swear. 40 hrs tops to make them look the same.

I need new air force 2s.
Color way doesn't matter I can paint them. I have the black on black and I hated them for like a month because of the toe box.

I switched back and forth with various dunks.

the af2 hey out lasted 3 sets of dunks.

The shoe is the perfect toe shape now too. I think the run a half size smaller than dunks I learned.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1717 on: February 29, 2020, 04:05:46 PM »
Thinking about grabbing some ventures with this skate warehouse flash sale, which ones will get me close to the wheelbase of a thunder team hollow

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1718 on: February 29, 2020, 05:42:33 PM »
Thinking about grabbing some ventures with this skate warehouse flash sale, which ones will get me close to the wheelbase of a thunder team hollow
none
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1719 on: February 29, 2020, 07:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I put bones hardcore bushings in mine. Works perfect. Turn is very similar to ventures.

Good god man, bones hards (some of the hardest out there) AND you have it cranked down to show 2 threads, just look at that top bushing bulget), FFS, do you turn at all or are you 500lbs?

J/K (but not really)...

I'm running Bones softs in my tensors and top nut just barely on so the nylon catches the pin.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:24:49 PM by Xen »

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #1720 on: February 29, 2020, 10:09:31 PM »
I'm really interested in Ben Degros' board company. He seems like the type of guy that really understands dimensions and functionality. I remember when blanks were the shit and I'm kind of burnt on the oversaturation of board companies that primarily focus on image and graphic concepts. I'm really stoked for the guy, he seems like a solid dude.

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #1721 on: February 29, 2020, 10:14:42 PM »
My 2 nephews want 2 new completes and for me to teach them how to get around the city.

I told them just to get trucks and ill flow them the rest for a while but my aunt is on a spending spree I think

Should I be like ride hopps and traffic or should I let them find their own type of skating and only chime in about the sizing etc when we go to the shop.

I feel like it's important to keep certain things going that represent what you believe in.

I'm definitely going to push one towards venture truck and the other towards thunder.
That way if one truck is preferred I only got to fix one board. I might end up being able to score a 5.6 without axle slip. That would be killer.

I'm going to make it a competitive game to see who can push learn to push properly regs and switch.

Father is a no W for spreading that shit to further generations. I believe his son who can kickflip will have the most trouble kicking the habit.

It takes less than a few hrs to push regs and switch I swear. 40 hrs tops to make them look the same.

I need new air force 2s.
Color way doesn't matter I can paint them. I have the black on black and I hated them for like a month because of the toe box.

The shoe is the perfect toe shape now too. I think the run a half size smaller than dunks I learned.
How do you tell overly sensitive kids to stop pushing mongo? When I first started I was put on blast by the rippers and that's all it took for me to change my ways. I don't think kids are like that now, which makes it harder for kids to learn the smart way.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1722 on: February 29, 2020, 10:56:24 PM »
I'm really interested in Ben Degros' board company. He seems like the type of guy that really understands dimensions and functionality. I remember when blanks were the shit and I'm kind of burnt on the oversaturation of board companies that primarily focus on image and graphic concepts. I'm really stoked for the guy, he seems like a solid dude.

Ditto, would love to get some board from him unfortunately I live on the other side of the globe and shipping cost me twice the product price. Next best alternative is shop boards (Tactics) who use reputed woodshops.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1723 on: March 01, 2020, 02:11:56 PM »
Expand Quote

I need new air force 2s.

[close]
How do you tell overly sensitive kids to stop pushing mongo? When I first started I was put on blast by the rippers and that's all it took for me to change my ways. I don't think kids are like that now, which makes it harder for kids to learn the smart way.

this kid is the shit. He practiced pushing regs off and on all day today
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1724 on: March 01, 2020, 02:28:33 PM »
For some weird reason in curious about Shane shoe.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Yossi

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1725 on: March 01, 2020, 04:57:46 PM »
Has anyone tried the OJ hardline wheels? Are they flat-spot resistant?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1726 on: March 01, 2020, 06:58:42 PM »
Has anyone tried the OJ hardline wheels? Are they flat-spot resistant?

no they are not flat spot resistant but it's a good wheel.

If I was going to buy a good classic formula wheel

I would put my money on Dial Tone conical or maybe SML wheels.

(A)pl(E)

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #1727 on: March 01, 2020, 09:30:06 PM »

Wait he's starting a board company?

Vintagebody

• Rep: 78
« Reply #1728 on: March 01, 2020, 10:29:19 PM »
I'm looking to try some new Adidas. Either the Copa, or the Matchcourt Super. What u guys think will skate better?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1729 on: March 01, 2020, 10:30:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait he's starting a board company?

Not so much a board company, but an online skateshop idea he's planning on starting. They could do bespoke setups pairings or some BBS boards with his own graphics, not entirely clear yet:

http://canadaskateshop.com/

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1731 on: March 02, 2020, 01:16:55 AM »
Boardy cakes wheels.

I think they look cool and I'm an old man that can't flip his board as well these days.

Will smaller wheels and narrower trucks help?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1732 on: March 02, 2020, 08:26:44 AM »
https://www.paradeworld.com/product/magenta-monkey-board-80-106-15863602315330/

Planning on trying a Magenta on 8.0, anyone know the WB and length? Tactics lists them as 8 x 32 x 14 on some boards and 8 x 31.5 x 1.25 on others.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #1733 on: March 02, 2020, 09:29:37 AM »
Anyone ever skate in the Cons CC one star slip on? Thinking of grabbing a pair, because my chucks are dust. Thought about getting chucks again, but kind of want something that hits different.

Also thinking of getting the nike team classic or the adidas 3mc. If I had the money it'd be the adidas matchbreak.
The chillest1

Smartass

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1734 on: March 02, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »
Considering the Rowans, but can't seem to find that all navy color way here stateside at the moment. 

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1735 on: March 02, 2020, 03:58:48 PM »
Considering the Rowans, but can't seem to find that all navy color way here stateside at the moment. 
highky recommend the shoe. But yeah seemed to be a UK shop exclusive colorway or something. Cheapest I saw shipped to US was ~$105

5teve.0h

• Rep: 24
« Reply #1736 on: March 02, 2020, 04:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
highky recommend the shoe. But yeah seemed to be a UK shop exclusive colorway or something. Cheapest I saw shipped to US was ~$105

We’ve got them here in AUS too. Shipping to the states would be costly but with our poor dollar at the moment it might work out ok with the exchange rate....

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #1737 on: March 03, 2020, 02:03:39 PM »
Anyone ever skate in the Cons CC one star slip on? Thinking of grabbing a pair, because my chucks are dust. Thought about getting chucks again, but kind of want something that hits different.

Also thinking of getting the nike team classic or the adidas 3mc. If I had the money it'd be the adidas matchbreak.

I have the One Star slip in the white color. They're really comfortable and hold up pretty well. Only negative I can think of is they run slightly large and stretch out pretty quickly.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1738 on: March 03, 2020, 05:49:50 PM »
Es Silos are going reasonably cheap where I live. Anybody skated them recently?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1739 on: March 03, 2020, 07:53:08 PM »

What size?

I'm digging the shoe, it's halfcab+TNT SG (underrated shoe and too short lived) - two of my favorite Vans shoes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:58:37 PM by Xen »