Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328827 times)

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1770 on: March 08, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone ever skate in the Cons CC one star slip on? Thinking of grabbing a pair, because my chucks are dust. Thought about getting chucks again, but kind of want something that hits different.

Also thinking of getting the nike team classic or the adidas 3mc. If I had the money it'd be the adidas matchbreak.
[close]

I have the One Star slip in the white color. They're really comfortable and hold up pretty well. Only negative I can think of is they run slightly large and stretch out pretty quickly.

Thank you!!
The chillest1

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1771 on: March 08, 2020, 12:56:38 PM »
Some Loopwhole wheels and a Loopwhole tee. I don’t need the wheels and really just want the tee, but I’ve always felt like wearing the clothes but not riding the gear is kook shit.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #1772 on: March 08, 2020, 01:25:49 PM »
Some Loopwhole wheels and a Loopwhole tee. I don’t need the wheels and really just want the tee, but I’ve always felt like wearing the clothes but not riding the gear is kook shit.

I feel where you are coming from but there's lots more brands I like than my need for hard goods. Getting soft goods to support is legit as long as you are out there skating.

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1773 on: March 08, 2020, 02:01:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^ Highly recommend the new tensor mag lights since they actually turn. The aluminum ones are excellent too.

Guys what shape of soft (88A) independent bushings do I get? Conical or cylindrical ???
[close]

I put bones hardcore bushings in mine. Works perfect. Turn is very similar to ventures.

[close]

Good god man, bones hards (some of the hardest out there) AND you have it cranked down to show 2 threads, just look at that top bushing bulget), FFS, do you turn at all or are you 500lbs?

J/K (but not really)...

I'm running Bones softs in my tensors and top nut just barely on so the nylon catches the pin.

Im 190 6'3 and just getting back into it after 20 years off and mostly skate transition so for me it skates fine and I still got wheel bite marks. I have it so its just under the nylon not 2 threads showing
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:14:19 PM by tyshoes »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1774 on: March 08, 2020, 02:36:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Considering the Rowans, but can't seem to find that all navy color way here stateside at the moment. 
[close]
highky recommend the shoe. But yeah seemed to be a UK shop exclusive colorway or something. Cheapest I saw shipped to US was ~$105
[close]

Skatewarehouse has them in blue and good sizes

[close]

Damn, that lace panel is already coming off after a short demo review, bummer. That shit should be at least double stitched imo. Toe loos really good for the flick though
[close]
I really wanted the blue ones but on that video they look horrible.

No lace panel wear for these two lol they’re shredding too

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #1775 on: March 08, 2020, 03:09:49 PM »
^^^ But isn't the problem still gonna present for a lot of people, since still it's single stitched and will force a decent amount of people to either write off the shoe cause that's just how they skate and wear shoes, or immediately spend time gooing it as opposed to alternatives. I dunno I just think that it's fair to praise the shoe for stuff like the toe (which deserves praise) but also be critical of other shortcomings if it's gonna get posted. Why not want that nice reinforced toe treatment for other parts of the shoe?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1776 on: March 08, 2020, 03:33:11 PM »
I feel like vans will do one thing great on a shoe and then another that totally negates it. The AVE is a perfect example, so much tech but then the mesh on the Ollie area is literally just a thin mesh with nothing under it and I had to use shoe goo in the first week or two. No 100 dollar shoe should have that big of an oversight

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #1777 on: March 08, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »
I feel like vans will do one thing great on a shoe and then another that totally negates it. The AVE is a perfect example, so much tech but then the mesh on the Ollie area is literally just a thin mesh with nothing under it and I had to use shoe goo in the first week or two. No 100 dollar shoe should have that big of an oversight

YES, that's what this was reminding me of, thanks. I saw a dude at the park a while ago ripping with them. I asked how he liked them, he pointed to the duct tape over his ollie hole. Said the sole was the best thing vans has done, but it's made pointless by the other issues. Shame cause the pro models generally look sick.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1778 on: March 09, 2020, 10:49:46 PM »
finally skated the city cups i told myself i’d never skate. now i’m considering trying something from the 3ST line. any favorites?
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #1779 on: March 09, 2020, 11:09:31 PM »
I kind of want to buy another board after not having one for a few months, but i don't want to spend the money on one either, so i'm at a stand still.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1780 on: March 09, 2020, 11:09:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

YES, that's what this was reminding me of, thanks. I saw a dude at the park a while ago ripping with them. I asked how he liked them, he pointed to the duct tape over his ollie hole. Said the sole was the best thing vans has done, but it's made pointless by the other issues. Shame cause the pro models generally look sick.

Designed for pros who get boxes of shoes sent to them regularly, not good for regular Joes who have to pay for these shoes out of pocket.

Kalis LE shoes in grey, so nostalgic for those shoes, doesn't help that I've heard nothing but good things bout them.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1781 on: March 09, 2020, 11:49:21 PM »
how are those grill pop secret decks? never skated crail wood but if it works it works
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1782 on: March 10, 2020, 12:24:29 AM »
how are those grill pop secret decks? never skated crail wood but if it works it works

A guy I knew at the skate park had an older Kenny Anderson one and it looked and felt really heavy despite being thinner. He's skates really hard and fast but with this board he looked like he was struggling to get it off the ground.

Anecdotal evidence but it convinced me to stick with maple for Crail at the moment,.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1783 on: March 10, 2020, 12:32:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A guy I knew at the skate park had an older Kenny Anderson one and it looked and felt really heavy despite being thinner. He's skates really hard and fast but with this board he looked like he was struggling to get it off the ground.

Anecdotal evidence but it convinced me to stick with maple for Crail at the moment,.
ooh hard pass. im trying to make it so im the only heavy part of my setup atm
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1784 on: March 10, 2020, 02:56:49 AM »
Eh, with the change in production that happened at Crail within the past couple years you’ve gotta throw all those old stories out the window. They haven’t made decks like this since the change.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1785 on: March 10, 2020, 04:04:29 AM »
Eh, with the change in production that happened at Crail within the past couple years you’ve gotta throw all those old stories out the window. They haven’t made decks like this since the change.

Probably true, the board he was riding wasn't the latest batch of stuff they released, hopefully the change in woodshop is helpful.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1786 on: March 10, 2020, 04:37:39 AM »
That Leo baker crew neck from the SB drop. I’m not a Nike fan in any way but I’ve wanted a Henley neck crew since as long as I can remember. Is SB clothing quality and worth the spend?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1787 on: March 10, 2020, 04:39:37 AM »
97a wheels

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1788 on: March 10, 2020, 05:46:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Anybody tried Provost shoe?
[close]
Wanted to. But too little time, too many shoes.

I really want to. The insole feels nice when I was messing with it at my local.

I wish they posted more photos of them on foot. There’s only a few and idk if I could pull them off.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #1789 on: March 10, 2020, 05:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody tried Provost shoe?
[close]
Wanted to. But too little time, too many shoes.
[close]

I really want to. The insole feels nice when I was messing with it at my local.

I wish they posted more photos of them on foot. There’s only a few and idk if I could pull them off.

They have a pretty full toe area, the g6 skates great and is comfortable and super durable and I don’t usually ride vulcs, the look is similar to an old skool without the break in time. I bought the all black for work and walked in them for a couple months then skated them for 3 months after that, only then did they get floppy, but never wore through anywhere.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 05:55:40 AM by schralp pal »

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #1790 on: March 10, 2020, 08:38:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly this makes me want one. If it keeps me from breaking boards I'm down, I've got a real heavyweight ready to setup so having one of these ready for afterwards would be cool for comparison

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1791 on: March 10, 2020, 10:19:43 AM »
97a wheels
this will be the thing i might never pull the trigger on. i rode my friends 101a spits the other day and the slide of a harder wheel is just too good. the roads might disagree with my choice but i feel with some nice bearings and a couple pushes, i can make it through a lot of crust. my cruiser with 78a wheels is getting relegated to rainy days only at the moment.

i need more convincing to pick up some slimeball minis

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #1792 on: March 11, 2020, 06:52:15 AM »
Has anyone skated Nike SB GTS Returns? Wondering how long did they last and how good was the impact protection.

Also, true to size?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #1793 on: March 11, 2020, 07:02:16 AM »
Thinking about getting some classics f4
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #1794 on: March 11, 2020, 08:59:04 AM »
finally skated the city cups i told myself i’d never skate. now i’m considering trying something from the 3ST line. any favorites?

I love my 3ST.004 pair, that boost heel is a very welcome feature after having skated only vulcs for a long time.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • personal text
« Reply #1795 on: March 12, 2020, 04:14:50 AM »
are alien workshop boards good quality or should i just get another anti hero board?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1796 on: March 12, 2020, 05:26:21 AM »
are alien workshop boards good quality or should i just get another anti hero board?
Pretty sure alien is mostly bbs right? So Wood should be of equal quality

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • personal text
« Reply #1797 on: March 12, 2020, 06:06:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah thats what i seen too, they have some 9x 33.2 shape now and im tempted cause for once i have a choice for different graphics, id also wanna cheap out on the grip and get the mini logo grip for free but ill probably just buy mob again anyway.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1798 on: March 12, 2020, 06:13:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
yeah thats what i seen too, they have some 9x 33.2 shape now and im tempted cause for once i have a choice for different graphics, id also wanna cheap out on the grip and get the mini logo grip for free but ill probably just buy mob again anyway.

I believe @Cincinnati was/is skating the 9" AWS and said it is very much like the 9" AH but with a fuller nose. Since breaking with Tum Yeto years ago Alien is all BBS. I've had a couple of the 8.5"s and they've all been great.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • personal text
« Reply #1799 on: March 12, 2020, 06:24:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I believe @Cincinnati was/is skating the 9" AWS and said it is very much like the 9" AH but with a fuller nose. Since breaking with Tum Yeto years ago Alien is all BBS. I've had a couple of the 8.5"s and they've all been great.
thats some pretty good news indeed, last board i had a couple months ago was a 9x 33 baker board, and it was also pretty good until i snapped the tail off after landing on a boardslide too heavy, but thats not really any fault to the board cause i was sorta a fatass at that point, but im glad that theres more options now than like 2 years ago when a 33" board was sorta more rare.