Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328775 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1950 on: April 24, 2020, 01:12:40 PM »
does PS wood still go to shit quickly?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1951 on: April 24, 2020, 01:21:43 PM »
does PS wood still go to shit quickly?

In my experience yes

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1952 on: April 24, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »
DC Kalis S. They look so clean and seem like they would skate great for a modern cup sole version of the OG
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1953 on: April 24, 2020, 06:36:27 PM »
DC Kalis S. They look so clean and seem like they would skate great for a modern cup sole version of the OG
Best shoe money can buy nowadays
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #1954 on: April 24, 2020, 08:09:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #1955 on: April 24, 2020, 09:33:24 PM »
Wanna pick this up - anyone have experience with deluxe sweaters?

I'd say I'm typically a medium but I usually find crews fit tight around the neck. Worth the size up?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1956 on: April 25, 2020, 12:53:35 PM »
https://images.app.goo.gl/wrP6cH4v4mqTkY6b6

I wanna buy these tsg ankle support things. Anyone in here maybe have experiences?
IG: @flowterspace

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 462
« Reply #1957 on: April 25, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »
Trying to decide between Adidas Campus ADV and New Balance 255. I like structure and support without bulk. I’ve skated the All Timers Gazelles and really liked them. Never had New Balance but tried on the Arto back in the day and they seemed really comfortable. My issue with the Gazelles was they ended up getting a little too soft. Like they lost their structure in a way. Will the Campus ADV do the same thing? How well do the 255 hold up?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1958 on: April 25, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »
Trying to decide between Adidas Campus ADV and New Balance 255. I like structure and support without bulk. I’ve skated the All Timers Gazelles and really liked them. Never had New Balance but tried on the Arto back in the day and they seemed really comfortable. My issue with the Gazelles was they ended up getting a little too soft. Like they lost their structure in a way. Will the Campus ADV do the same thing? How well do the 255 hold up?
255 are awesome shoes.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1959 on: April 25, 2020, 10:52:38 PM »
deciding on a FA/Hockey 8.5, a crail G033, or a quasi proto ii for my next main setup. have to retire this b16 at the beginning of its life span, the pointy kicks just arent working for me, dont mind how mellow the shape is

crail couch shape is a definite for my big setup
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1960 on: April 26, 2020, 05:02:07 AM »
Is b16 their standard mellow shape or something different? I’ve been going more pointy lately in this time of quarantine.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1961 on: April 26, 2020, 05:09:34 AM »
Is b16 their standard mellow shape or something different? I’ve been going more pointy lately in this time of quarantine.

Pointy is the shit.
Yeah b16 is their mellow shape. Classic baker. It’s a really great shape.

And to ‘off’: the couch/love seat shapes look too sick, I want one real bad

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1962 on: April 26, 2020, 06:14:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

b16 is such a a great shape. Only 8.4/8.5 I ever liked skating

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1963 on: April 26, 2020, 07:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

Good point re: b16 being the only board that size you enjoy, with the exception of one magenta Carlos guest board (super super sick, short/wide.... friend needed a board), I feel the same. The b16 is balanced, you can use it with a variety of truck sizes....really good all-arounder for me. I stopped skating them, for no good reason, mainly just a bit too big, and it worked really well for me with Indy’s. But.....Fuck Indy

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1964 on: April 26, 2020, 07:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

Just ordered a loveseat, going to set it up when my 8.25" DOA goes. I love pointy boards and can go way wider than usual if the nose at least has some nice taper.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1965 on: April 26, 2020, 08:06:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

Just ordered a loveseat, going to set it up when my 8.25" DOA goes. I love pointy boards and can go way wider than usual if the nose at least has some nice taper.
thats funny cause i can only do pointy if the board is huge (8.75+). size 13 feet paired with pointy kicks and a "regular" width make everything seen tiny and toy like.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1966 on: April 26, 2020, 08:10:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

[close]
thats funny cause i can only do pointy if the board is huge (8.75+). size 13 feet paired with pointy kicks and a "regular" width make everything seen tiny and toy like.

Maybe a generational thing. I'm 37 and an 11.5. I grew up skating tiny boards with pointy kicks, so I love how they feel. The scoop feels so good to me and I love how they look.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1967 on: April 26, 2020, 08:57:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

[close]
[close]

Maybe a generational thing. I'm 37 and an 11.5. I grew up skating tiny boards with pointy kicks, so I love how they feel. The scoop feels so good to me and I love how they look.
that might be it. still experimenting to see what i like and what works so thats a huge difference too. i definitely want to revisit the b16 when i get decent/consistent, its very nimble and flippy. i just cant control it at this current stage

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1968 on: April 26, 2020, 09:06:01 AM »
Waiting for a 9" Baker popsicle and I'm thinking about getting some 6.1 Ventures for it...
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1969 on: April 26, 2020, 09:06:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

[close]
[close]

Fuckin A/eh: pointy boards look cool as fuck. The scoop is also fantastic (sometimes a pop shuv goes awry, but I forget to do those anyways).
Look cool/feel cool.
I want that loveseat. That and the skiduls. Which of course....not sure on the skiduls, that board probably needs an 8.5 truck. I think Simon rides 159s on the love seat. Hometown hero uses 5.8s. So of course to be safe I need both boards, and 5.8s, and 6.1s.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1970 on: April 26, 2020, 09:23:42 AM »
Waiting for a 9" Baker popsicle and I'm thinking about getting some 6.1 Ventures for it...
i like what I hear.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1971 on: April 26, 2020, 09:37:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Fuckin A/eh: pointy boards look cool as fuck. The scoop is also fantastic (sometimes a pop shuv goes awry, but I forget to do those anyways).
Look cool/feel cool.
I want that loveseat. That and the skiduls. Which of course....not sure on the skiduls, that board probably needs an 8.5 truck. I think Simon rides 159s on the love seat. Hometown hero uses 5.8s. So of course to be safe I need both boards, and 5.8s, and 6.1s.

I'm planning to put My 149s on the loveseat if it looks like I can get away with it, but we'll see. The skidul looks like it had some decent taper so I think you could get away with a sub-8.5" truck if you wanted.

Pretty curious to try the newer Crail wood. I've been feeling very nostalgic for old Girl and Chocolate and I love how the shape looks.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1972 on: April 26, 2020, 10:06:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Look cool/feel cool.
[close]

I'm planning to put My 149s on the loveseat if it looks like I can get away with it, but we'll see. The skidul looks like it had some decent taper so I think you could get away with a sub-8.5" truck if you wanted.

Pretty curious to try the newer Crail wood. I've been feeling very nostalgic for old Girl and Chocolate and I love how the shape looks.

Crail wood was real decent for me.
Those two shapes I mentioned are sick, I just haven’t been skating. Probably wack but my dustiness rolling around in the crowded city I live in is the definition of non essential.
Marginally related: amazed the young bulls skating these bigger boards, and 159s. The young Australian skater on girl, and Simon both skate that shape with what looks to be 159s. And they kill it obviously. It looks like Carl might skate 159s too. Wide trucks look too fuckin cool. And are also awesome for flip tricks that don’t involve rotations.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 135
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1973 on: April 26, 2020, 11:19:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Look cool/feel cool.
[close]

[close]

Crail wood was real decent for me.
Those two shapes I mentioned are sick, I just haven’t been skating. Probably wack but my dustiness rolling around in the crowded city I live in is the definition of non essential.
Marginally related: amazed the young bulls skating these bigger boards, and 159s. The young Australian skater on girl, and Simon both skate that shape with what looks to be 159s. And they kill it obviously. It looks like Carl might skate 159s too. Wide trucks look too fuckin cool. And are also awesome for flip tricks that don’t involve rotations.
Carl is what brought me back to crail. Dude is the illest

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1974 on: April 26, 2020, 02:10:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

[close]

Good point re: b16 being the only board that size you enjoy, with the exception of one magenta Carlos guest board (super super sick, short/wide.... friend needed a board), I feel the same. The b16 is balanced, you can use it with a variety of truck sizes....really good all-arounder for me. I stopped skating them, for no good reason, mainly just a bit too big, and it worked really well for me with Indy’s. But.....Fuck Indy
Same, only ran on indys but it was just a little too big for what I really like to do

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1975 on: April 26, 2020, 02:35:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pointy is the shit.

[close]

[close]

[close]
Same, only ran on indys but it was just a little too big for what I really like to do
that sums it up perfectly for me. feels too wide yet too small at the same time. its basically an 8.5 but i cant chuck it like one

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #1976 on: April 26, 2020, 08:13:01 PM »
Love the square nose/tail on this doa.

Heywoodfloyd

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1977 on: April 27, 2020, 12:03:59 AM »
DC Lynx OG, the last year i have gotten into cup soles.
I  was really impressed by the Legacy slims, so i want to try the Lynx, they are such an icon shoe but a couple of years before my time, i'm a bit nervous i will hate how they skate though.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1978 on: April 27, 2020, 02:18:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Good to know there are people backing em! Ordered a pair from that Tactics sale, so I'm eager to try em now
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1979 on: April 27, 2020, 07:38:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Good to know there are people backing em! Ordered a pair from that Tactics sale, so I'm eager to try em now
You won't be disappointed
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.