Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328573 times)

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2070 on: May 28, 2020, 02:28:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Local has sale on shoes. Tempted to try some Vans for the first time. I've got medium, but leaning towards narrow feet. Which model you guys recommend?
[close]
I really like the way vans skate and have needed to get a pair for a bit now. I liked the old skool pro's and I also really liked the slip on pros. Honestly think Vans are way better than most people say, obviously just make sure to get the "pro" model versions if you get classics. I think the crocket 2's look good. Honestly go on Reynolds instagram and see which look best lol. That's what I have been doing to try to decide what I want next. Hell of a promoter.
Convinced myself to get some slip on pro's Alpine green. Thankfully I didn't order any shoes two days ago because they had more colors in stock and at a lower price. I had a Zappo's coupon for $15.00 and was able to snag them for $48 and change. Had to get slip ons or I would keep wearing my casual adidas and not have skate shoes on when I got the urge to skate when I'm driving around. I've had some old skool pros for almost a year now, not skating too hard but it feels like the rubber has hardened or something, either that or my feet just aren't used to wearing shoes from chilling for over 2 months straight now.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #2071 on: May 28, 2020, 03:31:15 PM »
I can’t make up my mind for my cruiser

The 8.25

I got a set of rough riders on 139s and I am looking for a cruiser I can Ollie up curbs on.

Anyone have an opinion? Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:37:57 PM by GardenSkater77 »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #2072 on: May 28, 2020, 03:56:36 PM »

The 8.25

I got a set of rough riders on 139s and I am looking for a cruiser I can Ollie up curbs on.

Can’t go wrong

** I just realized how unhelpful I was. Both look like a fun time. I don’t have any idea what the measurements at the bolts are, that’d probably make my decision.
Maybe the rat stick (krooked) is easier to ollie?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:00:28 PM by Ok »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2073 on: May 28, 2020, 06:08:26 PM »
8.5" Hockey. Shape-wise they seem like they are the extreme opposite of what I like to skate, but the team rules and the graphics are the best thing going right now.
8.5 is up next for me. im liking my current FA 8.38 but can definitely go up a size for comfort at speed.

i did my best skating on an 8.0 hockey despite it being the smallest deck i ever owned and the short amount of time i rode it. just get good vibes skating that brand. whole team goes hard
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Lee Ralph Fan Club

« Reply #2074 on: May 28, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »
After my chat with a skate shop owner today, I'm contemplating buying all the F4s I can find...

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2075 on: May 28, 2020, 08:02:17 PM »
After my chat with a skate shop owner today, I'm contemplating buying all the F4s I can find...

Uh oh. Similar to last time, or more of a shortage?

Lee Ralph Fan Club

« Reply #2076 on: May 28, 2020, 09:30:10 PM »
Sounds like very limited manufacturing has been happening. Everything that's been hitting the shops recently has come from distributors. Some shops simply cannot get any in stock.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2077 on: May 29, 2020, 05:02:29 AM »
Sounds like very limited manufacturing has been happening. Everything that's been hitting the shops recently has come from distributors. Some shops simply cannot get any in stock.
so not much has changed since the shortage a little while ago? They ran those grey radials, saw those around. I just grabbed two sets of conical fulls, 54 and 56 99a are real hard to find

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2078 on: May 29, 2020, 06:06:06 AM »
there's an absolute drought over here in Japan, can't find any and if I do there are reality over $100. Guess I'll stick with loophole and sml for the meantime...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2079 on: May 29, 2020, 08:07:06 AM »
those still looking for Spitfire F4 maybe can try https://krookz-kl.com/ .it's a skateshop in Malaysia. i think they do international shipping

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2080 on: May 29, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
Expand Quote
8.5" Hockey. Shape-wise they seem like they are the extreme opposite of what I like to skate, but the team rules and the graphics are the best thing going right now.
[close]
8.5 is up next for me. im liking my current FA 8.38 but can definitely go up a size for comfort at speed.

i did my best skating on an 8.0 hockey despite it being the smallest deck i ever owned and the short amount of time i rode it. just get good vibes skating that brand. whole team goes hard
Most of the fa/hockey boards seemed alien like: big noses, square, steep.
I have had more fa boards than anything else over the last few years (4-5....everything else is super random), and yeah, I’m gonna take a break from em. The steeper angles makes truck combos a little more particular possibly. I probably like flatter, mellower shit. I’m not sure why, I haven’t had one that I super liked in a minute. Fuck, if I’m in the shop tho, they always jump out.

Went for it. Trying to decide if I want to pair it with Ace 44s or 55s. I'm trying to be less picky about shape and concave and just skate whatever I want.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2081 on: May 29, 2020, 01:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
I have had more fa boards than anything else over the last few years (4-5....everything else is super random), and yeah, I’m gonna take a break from em. The steeper angles makes truck combos a little more particular possibly. I probably like flatter, mellower shit. I’m not sure why, I haven’t had one that I super liked in a minute. Fuck, if I’m in the shop tho, they always jump out.
[close]

Went for it. Trying to decide if I want to pair it with Ace 44s or 55s. I'm trying to be less picky about shape and concave and just skate whatever I want.

Super popular.
I want some 55s. Just cuz. And I should be skating 33s, because I know that’s what works best for me.
Annnnywaaaays, hope it turns out dope! The steep nose definitely helped, once I got the timing, with getting some height on a few tricks.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2082 on: May 29, 2020, 01:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Super popular.
I want some 55s. Just cuz. And I should be skating 33s, because I know that’s what works best for me.
Annnnywaaaays, hope it turns out dope! The steep nose definitely helped, once I got the timing, with getting some height on a few tricks.

55s are cool. I think the 44s turn better but I love all the surface on the 55s, currently running mine with tablets and it feels great. Will either keep that combo with this or do the 44s with some conical fulls.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #2083 on: May 29, 2020, 06:19:29 PM »
Anybody skate Sk8mafia decks? 8.25 especially? Im currently skating an Alien 8.25 and it has deep concave and a pretty big somewhat square nose. Anybody know whats the deal with their shapes and wood quality? Im guessing they are more on the flat side from what I recall seeing. My other options are a Deathwish or an Antihero, but I really feel like supporting sk8mafia, plus the graphic is the sk8mafia logo drawn as the Wutang logo, looks hella dope

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #2084 on: May 29, 2020, 07:28:38 PM »
Anyone skate the $lave Warpig or Dicola? Or know their WB?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2085 on: May 29, 2020, 07:43:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Super popular.
[close]

55s are cool. I think the 44s turn better but I love all the surface on the 55s, currently running mine with tablets and it feels great. Will either keep that combo with this or do the 44s with some conical fulls.

Narrower trucks, up to a point I guess, tend to turn quicker/‘better’.
I’m on 44s with 53mm conical fulls and it’s working decently, although the board is a little too narrow (ps 8”). I’ve been contemplating going narrower on trucks, but with a bigger wheel. Ricky setup

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #2086 on: May 30, 2020, 11:08:23 AM »
Lakai Carrol, a couple sets of Bones STFs or Spit F4 wheels if there is a potential drought of gear due to halted/limited production for awhile. Idk tho. I don't need either of these things right now. Lol
Super Champion Fun Zone

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2087 on: May 30, 2020, 03:27:50 PM »
I'm considering pulling the trigger on some 147 polished thunder hollows. I was trying to hold out for some titanium ones through my local but DLX production is on hold. Have any of you guys purchased online from McGill's? Any places you'd recommend as alternative shops with good online service closer to Nyc? Thanks

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #2088 on: May 30, 2020, 07:44:15 PM »
Anybody skate Sk8mafia decks? 8.25 especially? Im currently skating an Alien 8.25 and it has deep concave and a pretty big somewhat square nose. Anybody know whats the deal with their shapes and wood quality? Im guessing they are more on the flat side from what I recall seeing. My other options are a Deathwish or an Antihero, but I really feel like supporting sk8mafia, plus the graphic is the sk8mafia logo drawn as the Wutang logo, looks hella dope
Had  my friend send me a pic of both the Deathwish and Sk8mafia 8.25s and it is pretty much the same deck. I was expecting for a Sk8mafia to be flatter, I went with the Mafia knowing it has a dope ass shape and concave.

KindaBoard

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2089 on: May 30, 2020, 08:27:52 PM »

The 8.25

Had (still have it sitting in a pile) a Krooked Rat Stick (the wide 10.2" one) and after riding that as a cruiser for a while I'd go with the $lave Rat Racer. The Krooked was somewhat fun since the tail is shaped like a normal popsicle but the combination of a micro punk nose and short (14") wheelbase led to a lot of unintentional ollie norths and missing the front foot. Hopefully this little ramble helps with your decision.

TL;DR get the $lave Rat Racer since it will bet a better match for the 139s and Rough Riders your currently have it's a more functional shape
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:30:00 PM by KindaBoard »

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #2090 on: May 30, 2020, 10:15:53 PM »
Spitefire tablet shapes in 52mm but i've been skating bones v3's for the past 10 years and i'm worried i won't like them so it's hard to shell out $40 when i'm unsure. i also want to try a pair of ace trucks and a pair of indy 144s
even the steven

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #2091 on: May 31, 2020, 12:44:53 AM »
Spitefire tablet shapes in 52mm but i've been skating bones v3's for the past 10 years and i'm worried i won't like them so it's hard to shell out $40 when i'm unsure. i also want to try a pair of ace trucks and a pair of indy 144s

I got 53 tabs and love em. Thought it was just hype but f4 is the truth.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #2092 on: May 31, 2020, 01:18:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got 53 tabs and love em. Thought it was just hype but f4 is the truth.

it's weird because for the past month something has been nagging me about trying spitfire again. i dug out all my old wheels a few weeks back and noticed how nice the worn in spitfires look and feel.
even the steven

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2093 on: May 31, 2020, 02:02:04 AM »
I'm considering pulling the trigger on some 147 polished thunder hollows. I was trying to hold out for some titanium ones through my local but DLX production is on hold. Have any of you guys purchased online from McGill's? Any places you'd recommend as alternative shops with good online service closer to Nyc? Thanks
Labor would be my online shop for the nyc area but I’m sure there’s a few with webstores that would get to you quicker than mcgills

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2094 on: May 31, 2020, 09:50:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Labor would be my online shop for the nyc area but I’m sure there’s a few with webstores that would get to you quicker than mcgills
I'll reach out to labor again. I haven't had any luck with other web stores yet-it kind of feels like a needle in a haystack but I'm going to keep looking. Thanks for the input.

adonainemo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2095 on: May 31, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »
Thinking on getting polar surf pants. I don’t really understand the sizing tho. I’m a 30 waist so would I get a small or the medium?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2096 on: June 01, 2020, 10:48:14 AM »
Paid for the Digiakt.  I'm amped its coming in the mail. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #2097 on: June 01, 2020, 11:11:52 AM »
Thinking on getting polar surf pants. I don’t really understand the sizing tho. I’m a 30 waist so would I get a small or the medium?

I’m a 31-32 and the small is perfect on me. Granted I’m 5'7
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2098 on: June 01, 2020, 11:34:46 AM »
A mountain bike, again...

But I guess everyone has been buying bikes due to Corona so everyone is sold out. I actually wanted to buy one for a while when I lived a mile from work but the hood I lived in I would have gotten jacked for sure, now I got the funds but can't find what I want anywhere.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2099 on: June 01, 2020, 09:28:14 PM »
Checking a Decenzo Powell Peralta, curious about it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.