Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324674 times)

eSK3

Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2490 on: November 08, 2020, 07:18:15 AM »
white red fastbreaks.
convince me.

Cause new shoes > worn shoes

jsettle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2491 on: November 08, 2020, 08:19:35 AM »
Venture HI's have been on mind for about a year now. Have rode INDY 149's for almost 15 years straight now but something about ventures has been looking appealing to me. Should i make the switch to Venture or not? I normally ride 55mm-56mm wheels so i'm worried about the ventures not being hi enough. Also how good is the turn compared to standard indy's? I normally skate alot of parks and mini ramps nowadays. SOmeone convince me so i can stop second guessing buying some ventures please.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #2492 on: November 08, 2020, 09:21:38 AM »
Venture HI's have been on mind for about a year now. Have rode INDY 149's for almost 15 years straight now but something about ventures has been looking appealing to me. Should i make the switch to Venture or not? I normally ride 55mm-56mm wheels so i'm worried about the ventures not being hi enough. Also how good is the turn compared to standard indy's? I normally skate alot of parks and mini ramps nowadays. SOmeone convince me so i can stop second guessing buying some ventures please.

I made the switch after years of Indys and love Ventures. During this time I've progressed a bit more but that's because I've been skating more. I honestly turn fine on Ventures but I'm also not doing deep carves or anything. I feel like the height makes the board more responsive. Especially if you have a board with mellow/medium kicks

One issue I've had with them are the bushings, however it hasn't really affected me. Each truck has a bushing that is torn/starting to tear away. I'm thinking about replacing them with bones mediums or thunder bushings. Probably gonna do bones.

Join the #venturegang bro 8). If you get 5.6 and don't like em I'll buy em off you or I'm sure someone else will
The chillest1

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2493 on: November 08, 2020, 01:36:02 PM »
looking at a cupsole with good forefoot protection. really liked the jordan 1 lows for the time ive been skating them, but they feel too thin near the end of their lifespan.

looking at the tyshawns and 1010# but open to suggestions
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #2494 on: November 08, 2020, 03:52:29 PM »
looking at a cupsole with good forefoot protection. really liked the jordan 1 lows for the time ive been skating them, but they feel too thin near the end of their lifespan.

looking at the tyshawns and 1010# but open to suggestions

Accel slims are really good. I have the mid top ones which are the same height as tyshawns shoe. Don't take long to break in either

Kneesles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2495 on: November 08, 2020, 04:43:07 PM »
bones hard bushings or 94a black independent bushings?
Any suggestions ?
I rode bones hard bushings for years in krux k3's, k4's, and mini logos and when I set up a new pair of tensor alloys this year I tried out a few different sets of bushings in them. I tried new bones hards, doh doh red 95a's, and indy 94a barrels and ended up settling on the indy 94a barrels. Im 220lbs and they are stable yet still have a loose carve to them and snap back to center great. In my minilogos I tried new bones hards in them and they seemed to stiff so i went with a krux bottom barrel and a broken in bones hard top and they feel very similar to the way i have my tensors set up with the indy 94a's. The krux bottom/bones hard top is like a fat mans ace bushing setup. With all that being said i would be interested in giving the supercush 94a's a try too but the indy 94a barrel aftermarkets ride like old broken in bones hards and will be staying in those trucks from here on out.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2496 on: November 08, 2020, 07:42:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I made the switch after years of Indys and love Ventures. During this time I've progressed a bit more but that's because I've been skating more. I honestly turn fine on Ventures but I'm also not doing deep carves or anything. I feel like the height makes the board more responsive. Especially if you have a board with mellow/medium kicks

One issue I've had with them are the bushings, however it hasn't really affected me. Each truck has a bushing that is torn/starting to tear away. I'm thinking about replacing them with bones mediums or thunder bushings. Probably gonna do bones.

Join the #venturegang bro 8). If you get 5.6 and don't like em I'll buy em off you or I'm sure someone else will

I'll gladly buy another set of 5.6, really handsome looking truck.

My love for Venture has been tainted by Thunders. Ventures (for forged ones at least) are a very deck-specific truck for me (longer than 31.8", WB 14.125" max, steep kicks and concave), on anything else and I'm ghost popping all day though the pinch on grinds is unbeatable.

Thunder (and Indys) play better with a wider variety of board dimensions. I sacrifice pinch for a more forgiving pop.

Some Fallen / Lakai shoes, maybe some Shoe Goo since all the shops in my area are bone dry at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 10:52:24 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DirtyHairHalo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2497 on: November 08, 2020, 09:26:22 PM »
F4 97s. Bought them yesterday, rolled on them today. Really impressed!

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2498 on: November 08, 2020, 09:38:44 PM »
I’m not a wall hanger type of guy, but for those contemporary art fans that are AND have five hundy (plus change) to burn, there are these JMB jawns...

https://museumstore.sfmoma.org/living-dining/decorative-objects/basquiat-in-italian-triptych-boards-410000372890.html
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 02:09:34 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2499 on: November 08, 2020, 10:54:43 PM »
Expand Quote
bones hard bushings or 94a black independent bushings?
Any suggestions ?
[close]
I rode bones hard bushings for years in krux k3's, k4's, and mini logos and when I set up a new pair of tensor alloys this year I tried out a few different sets of bushings in them. I tried new bones hards, doh doh red 95a's, and indy 94a barrels and ended up settling on the indy 94a barrels. Im 220lbs and they are stable yet still have a loose carve to them and snap back to center great. In my minilogos I tried new bones hards in them and they seemed to stiff so i went with a krux bottom barrel and a broken in bones hard top and they feel very similar to the way i have my tensors set up with the indy 94a's. The krux bottom/bones hard top is like a fat mans ace bushing setup. With all that being said i would be interested in giving the supercush 94a's a try too but the indy 94a barrel aftermarkets ride like old broken in bones hards and will be staying in those trucks from here on out.
Imma order the 94a indy. That krux bones combo sounds interesting maybe if my bushing madness continues I will try it. (I'm 210lbs so you are a good comparison)

Yoshi

« Reply #2500 on: November 09, 2020, 01:50:18 AM »
I’ve asked my girl for a pair of eS Evants in the white/red colourway for my Birthday. I’m a sucker for that OG K3 style. It was a toss up between those and the DC Stevie’s

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2501 on: November 09, 2020, 04:51:12 AM »
rough ground versus Smooth? And how’s the slide ?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2502 on: November 09, 2020, 11:28:54 AM »
The Spanly Shake Junt Grip and Bolts.
He’s unproblematic and seems like a great guy to be around.
As well as some Bones Mids or Soft bushings for my Ventures.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

DirtyHairHalo

« Reply #2503 on: November 09, 2020, 04:37:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
rough ground versus Smooth? And how’s the slide ?
Rough. Rolled up to the local curbs for slappies. All the qualities I love in F4 but with
expanded range for the crust. They will slide with a bit of nudge.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #2504 on: November 16, 2020, 02:19:29 PM »
I gave myself a concussion last week. I'm contemplating a helmet. Is that MIPS thing worth it? I guess it couldn't hurt having extra protection. I just wish I could try these on before ordering.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #2505 on: November 16, 2020, 07:03:37 PM »
Damn it. Count me as another dude thinking of trying Ventures. That was the truck I rode thru the 90s. Last year and a half I’ve been on Thunders, but want to see if Ventures still give me that lovin feeling. They probably will.

Bruno_Herrera

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2506 on: November 16, 2020, 07:21:47 PM »
Damn it. Count me as another dude thinking of trying Ventures. That was the truck I rode thru the 90s. Last year and a half I’ve been on Thunders, but want to see if Ventures still give me that lovin feeling. They probably will.

Venture fever is a real thing. I was just looking at some 5.8 V-Lights even though my 149 Thunders are basically new, i just didn't like the wheelbase that much moving from Indys.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #2507 on: November 16, 2020, 10:41:51 PM »
Blue Suede Wrapped Old Skool Pros. I'm looking at stocking up on more Converse Lopez's to skate in and at least one more deck.

Don't exactly need them, but damnit they look cool. Probably wont skate in them. I kind of have enough money, but could buy two decks instead of just one. Someone talk some sense into me one way or another...Please.

https://www.vans.com/shop/wrapped-old-skool-pro-navy-marshmallow
The chillest1

Skoldbergscones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2508 on: November 17, 2020, 07:42:41 AM »
Does anyone know what anorak jacket Tom Knox has on here?
https://youtu.be/ONqETis6nX0?t=211

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2509 on: November 17, 2020, 11:32:05 AM »
Thinking about buying one of the muska boards in either 8.1 or 8. Anyone got the dims? I’ve see conflicting info

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2510 on: November 17, 2020, 11:42:52 AM »
Anti hero posted a series of boards with art from a guy in the Bay Area. Not familiar with the artist but I’ve been eyeing up the stranger deck. Just haven’t seen any where they are available yet. Also thinking about giving some ace trucks a shot. Been loyal to thunder for a long time but thought I might try something new.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2511 on: November 17, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »
I gave myself a concussion last week. I'm contemplating a helmet. Is that MIPS thing worth it? I guess it couldn't hurt having extra protection. I just wish I could try these on before ordering.

If you can find it I use this helmet and I barley notice it is on my head:

https://www.skatepro.com/en-us/115-28551.htm

Only weighs 300 grams. I usually take out the guts and use a thin beanie, but the insides have two thicknesses to get a good fit, so when it is too hot to use a beanie the insides aren’t bad and can be removed for washing.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2512 on: November 17, 2020, 12:06:47 PM »
Does anyone know what anorak jacket Tom Knox has on here?
https://youtu.be/ONqETis6nX0?t=211
i think its this dickies anorak, called the Rexville

Dickies - Rexville Jacket (Black) | HHV

actually pretty sure of it, can see the tag here:

Skoldbergscones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2513 on: November 17, 2020, 12:56:13 PM »
Good eye! Thanks!

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2514 on: November 17, 2020, 06:43:16 PM »

I went S1 after watching this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aHaMMVF7qE

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #2515 on: November 17, 2020, 10:33:27 PM »
Not sure if I want to buy a set of Ace 44 or the Venture 5.8 lights?

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2516 on: November 17, 2020, 10:52:13 PM »
I’m not a wall hanger type of guy, but for those contemporary art fans that are AND have five hundy (plus change) to burn, there are these JMB jawns...

https://museumstore.sfmoma.org/living-dining/decorative-objects/basquiat-in-italian-triptych-boards-410000372890.html

Oooooh these are tempting.
Just finally got around to framing + hanging my Herring prints I got at SFMOMA 6 or 7 years ago recently - definitely need more art.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2517 on: November 18, 2020, 06:28:27 PM »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2518 on: November 18, 2020, 06:46:47 PM »
Ronnie Creager Foundation Trix re-issue and the DGK '93 Til decks, both are super rare and worth collecting but I don't have anymore storage or wall space for them.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #2519 on: November 19, 2020, 10:45:23 AM »
Thinking of either a Toy Machine knuckles board or a Quasi Al Davis board.

The Toy is cheaper, and I can pick it up tomorrow, but I like Quasi as a company more but will take probably a week in the mail.

Don't need a board right away and the quasi is like 6 more with a first time customer code.

The chillest1