Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324598 times)

Frank and Fred and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2550 on: November 22, 2020, 08:42:22 PM »
I’ve been really interested in magenta’s 8.5 shape.
Their latest run of graphics look really nice  but last time I skated one I don’t think I was feeling it. I’m used to quasi 8.5 square shape, so if anyone has any experience with both shapes could you let me know how they would compare. Are the magenta boards super steep? Thanks in advance

Deekay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2551 on: November 23, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
I miss Organika boards and figured I should try a DGK, but I'm confused about their 8" shapes. Both 8.0 and 8.06 are the same length and wb, it's hard to spot a difference in concave as well. Anyone know what differs between em?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2552 on: November 24, 2020, 06:00:33 AM »
I really want the 55mm F4 OG classics or the the 56mm 97 F4 classics. I have a set of Loophole 56mm Vs on ice and my current set is fine, but it is very tempting.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2553 on: November 24, 2020, 08:46:02 PM »
Scum Co has boards on the site. How steep is silver spoon and what wood shop they using?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2554 on: November 24, 2020, 08:58:48 PM »
I’ve been really interested in magenta’s 8.5 shape.
Their latest run of graphics look really nice  but last time I skated one I don’t think I was feeling it. I’m used to quasi 8.5 square shape, so if anyone has any experience with both shapes could you let me know how they would compare. Are the magenta boards super steep? Thanks in advance

I skated the magenta 8.5 shape a couple years ago. Pretty standard bbs concave probably, medium steep I’d say but definitely not super steep. It’s gonna feel a lot smaller compared to a squared quasi 8.5. Really good shape overall though I enjoyed it. Certainly would recommend

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #2555 on: November 26, 2020, 08:47:14 PM »
I really like this run of Northern Co. decks. Simple and clean with interesting b&w photos and what seems to be some personal touches from the skaters. Might cop the Jameel or Tobin for the wall:

http://www.instagram.com/p/CIDc7Gdlxv6/?igshid=5j68w1jyjq09
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #2556 on: November 27, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »
A squarish shaped 8.0x32 is next on my agenda.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2557 on: November 27, 2020, 01:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Scum Co has boards on the site. How steep is silver spoon and what wood shop they using?
[close]
Medium and those logo boards should be pennswood

If I recall it’s
Kiddie pool - mellow
Silver spoon - medium
Deep dish - steepest

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2558 on: November 27, 2020, 02:24:24 PM »
I really want one of those Scumco boards. AND an FA board from my local shop. AND a pair of Half-Cab Pros. That's like $300 that I don't want to spend. I'm fighting a war I can't win.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2559 on: November 27, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »
I really want one of those Scumco boards. AND an FA board from my local shop. AND a pair of Half-Cab Pros. That's like $300 that I don't want to spend. I'm fighting a war I can't win.
Good that you're aware of the truth.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2560 on: November 27, 2020, 04:47:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm so aware that I just bought the Scumco. I lost. But it's relatively hard to get a Scumco board in Canada - you can find one if you look, but I've almost never found the right size - and shipping was a deal, so maybe I won. Still, I'm concerned that I've been developing compulsive shopping disorder as a way to cope with the pandemic.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2561 on: November 27, 2020, 06:24:22 PM »
Thinking about a Welcome Enenra.  Local shop has one and is doing 10% off.  Would probably put my Indy TI 149s and 54mm F4 conical 101s on it.

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2562 on: November 27, 2020, 06:46:34 PM »
Foundation Ronnie Creager Trix re-issue. Found it on China's Amazon for some reason.
haha thats sick! u got a link? do they have more? I've been looking for that board

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2563 on: November 27, 2020, 07:28:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'm so aware that I just bought the Scumco. I lost. But it's relatively hard to get a Scumco board in Canada - you can find one if you look, but I've almost never found the right size - and shipping was a deal, so maybe I won. Still, I'm concerned that I've been developing compulsive shopping disorder as a way to cope with the pandemic.
free ship is a deal! and you're not alone with the c.s.d...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2564 on: November 28, 2020, 02:01:15 PM »
Thanks to some pal help in here(sorry, I'm terrible with names) now I know which pants I'm currently skating: https://www.dickies.com/pants/flex-slim-fit-taper-leg-multi-use-pocket-work-pants/WP596.html?dwvar_WP596_color=DN
Looked for them on my country but they don't sell them. Any suggestion about which model would be similar? My guess is 874.
Thanks guys.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2565 on: November 28, 2020, 04:09:28 PM »
Really wish I could get this, probably not gonna because of money, but I hope someone here enjoys it :)

https://www.deathwishskateboards.com/collections/deathwish-uncrossed/products/copy-of-uncrossed-8-5

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

shalominator

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2566 on: November 28, 2020, 07:42:46 PM »
Thanks to some pal help in here(sorry, I'm terrible with names) now I know which pants I'm currently skating: https://www.dickies.com/pants/flex-slim-fit-taper-leg-multi-use-pocket-work-pants/WP596.html?dwvar_WP596_color=DN
Looked for them on my country but they don't sell them. Any suggestion about which model would be similar? My guess is 874.
Thanks guys.

Try Amazon or eBay might be easier to get them shipped to your country.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2567 on: November 28, 2020, 07:54:27 PM »
That TOA Mystery box is tempting

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #2568 on: November 29, 2020, 12:19:04 AM »
Thanks guys.
Those pants in your link are tapered while 874’s are straight, maybe 874 slims? Regular 874’s can be VERY baggy looking depending on your bodytype.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2569 on: November 29, 2020, 02:25:45 AM »
Thanks guys.
I would say the Industrial workpant (894) would be closest yet really widely available option.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2570 on: November 29, 2020, 04:38:01 AM »
I can’t decide between 54mm/56mm Loophole square/V shapes or 54/56mm F4 99a Conical Fulls/Radials.

The V shapes look rad but also maybe a little too wide and the edges a little too sharp.

I use 52mm Conical Fulls now with no complaints. I just want to try something new.

I’ll be pairing my selection with a Polar deck and Ace 44’s. Any input or advice is welcome.

56 v-cuts, just do it! I honestly haven’t had this much fun on a set of wheels in years, I just love riding them. Not as nimble as the regular shape but that’s why I ride two setups. Before I finish my sesh though I always ride the setup with the loopholes
They pair well ace, I always rock 1/8 risers regardless though. Just picked up a pair of 52mm regular shape for my “tech” setup

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF7Qn0elJ2W/?igshid=10bhd93n70pnl

@Urtripping northern co make beautiful boards on great wood, you won’t regret it ... and they usually last a bit longer than bbs/ ps stix etc.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2571 on: November 29, 2020, 06:30:57 AM »
That TOA Mystery box is tempting

Are toa boxes just picture show boxes these days?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2572 on: November 29, 2020, 09:54:20 AM »
Thinking of picking up some Politic decks after @Buttfart Rapedick mentioned them in the woodshop thread. Haven't ridden a SC deck before.

But I'm also a sucker for fancy technology boards so maybe a VX deck.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2573 on: November 29, 2020, 10:26:52 AM »
spitfire f4 97du for my slippery indoor park, but idont want 54mm or classic shape  :(

maybe i should wait for a smaller (52mm) and different shape...

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2574 on: November 29, 2020, 07:33:18 PM »
Thinking of picking up some Politic decks after @Buttfart Rapedick mentioned them in the woodshop thread. Haven't ridden a SC deck before.

I feel you. My local got some of those girl pop secret decks and I’m so tempted. I loved P2s and like what if it’s like that? I’m afraid I’ll buy it and chip it in a week

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2575 on: November 29, 2020, 09:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel you. My local got some of those girl pop secret decks and I’m so tempted. I loved P2s and like what if it’s like that? I’m afraid I’ll buy it and chip it in a week

My friend rode the first generation ones and they felt really heavy and flat, definitely heavier than your standard 7-ply ones. I still love P2 decks but the last Flip one I rode was incredibly flat, couldn't get my flip tricks going which is ironic given the board brand.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2576 on: November 29, 2020, 10:14:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My friend rode the first generation ones and they felt really heavy and flat, definitely heavier than your standard 7-ply ones. I still love P2 decks but the last Flip one I rode was incredibly flat, couldn't get my flip tricks going which is ironic given the board brand.
This is ironic. The first P2 board I skated was a Flip David SOTY 7.875, it had a lot of concave and I had a Girl pop secret that felt as flat as the Flip you speak of.

Still tempted to try the new ones.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2577 on: November 30, 2020, 03:27:00 AM »
Found a polar shin side cut board, want to put film 6.0s on it though, will probably hot rod...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2578 on: November 30, 2020, 05:30:22 AM »
More Accel slims and another pair of Superfeet Trailblazers insoles.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #2579 on: November 30, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »
Zero 8.5"
Haven't had one in three years, so I'm not sure if their shapes have changed since then. I liked the one I had.
I hope they're not too pointy and mellow. I prefer medium to steep concave on a semi full nose/tail.
Anyone had a Zero or an 8.5 Zero lately?
Super Champion Fun Zone